PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Getting Started

kingdanny
Sep 24, 2014, 04:49 PM
Just recently started playing PSO2, used to play PSU on Xbox360 before it got shut down. I mainly played Fighmaster, but I also had a Gunmaster and was working on Masterforce. I started off here as a ranger and got to Lv18 so far since I heard it was the easiest class for leveling then realized the leveling is way different/slower than PSU so I changed to Hunter to work my way to Fighter faster for my beloved Double Sabers again.
Anyway, questions are:
Is there a faster way of leveling different classes on the same character or am I better off starting a new one? As a hunter, I'm too weak to do the quests I'm up to and I've been switching back and forward between ranger and hunter to do quests then turn them in. Just doing missions over and over like in PSU doesn't seem to give much exp at all either and the last ones I unlocked have exp caps?
Is there a detailed guide that explains main/secondary classes and skill trees. One that actually explains and not just says what to pick?
Any tips for locking on to different targets as a ranger? I was struggling on Vol Dragon, trying to change to the weak spots when they showed and changing back to the horn or tail.
And is there a guide or can anyone explain how combo orders should go for different weapon types? Like,"For this weapon, the 1st pa slot should be a pa that does this, 2nd one should do this, 3rd one should do this." I know it's somewhat personal preference on some parts, but any input helps.

kingdanny
Sep 24, 2014, 04:57 PM
I play with an Xbox 360 controller by the way. I know you have to move one of the analog sticks to change targets, but it's still giving me problems. Not sure if it's something I have to get used to or if someone has advice.

TehCubey
Sep 24, 2014, 05:50 PM
You don't need to unlock advanced classes anymore. You can play as Fighter as soon as you're out of the intro mission.

Is there a faster way of leveling different classes on the same character or am I better off starting a new one?

Always faster to do it on a character you already have. Clear orders on Rangers and hand them in as Hunter/Fighter/whatever. Koffie's orders in general are worth a lot of XP and it doesn't scale with levels so even a lvl 1 class gets full benefit.

Quests by themselves offer little experience, unless it's an EQ. Speaking of which - run EQs when there is one!

Is there a detailed guide that explains main/secondary classes and skill trees. One that actually explains and not just says what to pick?

When you learn skills at the class counter, you can press q to see which ranks of a currently moused over skill give you. Some descriptions can be vague but in that case you should just ask for specific skill info.

I assume you already know about the online skill simulator and PSO-w's build thread.

And is there a guide or can anyone explain how combo orders should go for different weapon types? Like,"For this weapon, the 1st pa slot should be a pa that does this, 2nd one should do this, 3rd one should do this." I know it's somewhat personal preference on some parts, but any input helps.

Unless you use Fighter's Tech Arts JA Bonus, most PA selections are just 3 of the same type. If you need to use a different PA, you switch to a different slot in the weapons palette - one with the same weapon but different PAs.

kingdanny
Sep 24, 2014, 06:45 PM
You don't need to unlock advanced classes anymore. You can play as Fighter as soon as you're out of the intro mission.

Always faster to do it on a character you already have. Clear orders on Rangers and hand them in as Hunter/Fighter/whatever. Koffie's orders in general are worth a lot of XP and it doesn't scale with levels so even a lvl 1 class gets full benefit.

How long do the intro quests take or which ones are they?
Only have the ranger/hunter/wizard when I speak to Bhea.

TehCubey
Sep 24, 2014, 09:19 PM
Wait, you're playing on SEA servers? Disregard that part then.

Also I'm not sure how good quests are exp-wise but I hear SEA is a huge grindfest and they increased experience required for levelling.