PDA

View Full Version : Time-attack quest problem.

KakuRoze
Sep 24, 2014, 05:37 PM
Since the last patch, HOW do I get into regular Time attack quests? Every time I start one I get into this special acid-planet mission that I cant even hope to accomplish on my own.

Please help.

Ps. stupid update.

Aquanos
Sep 24, 2014, 05:41 PM
That's called Darkers Den. Sometimes when you start up a time attack you've got this chance to be abducted by darkers and you're taken to their nest. It's a pretty slim chance so I don't believe you should be getting it everytime you try and run TAs

KakuRoze
Sep 24, 2014, 05:43 PM
3 times in a row now and I cant even hope to complete it by myself...

Aquanos
Sep 24, 2014, 05:49 PM
Yeah, it's not something you're suppose to pass with flying colors. (at least not on Super Hard)

Kondibon
Sep 24, 2014, 05:54 PM
If you're on the JP servers and ship 2 I can carry you through it so you don't have to worry about it for a while.

KakuRoze
Sep 24, 2014, 06:22 PM
I'm on ship 9 and have no friends besides an irl friend, hardly enough :/

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 24, 2014, 06:58 PM
^At least you have friends.... in real life.....

HeyItsTHK
Sep 24, 2014, 08:00 PM
3 times in a row? impressive.

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 24, 2014, 08:04 PM
Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was abducted into Darker's Den.... maybe 3-4-5 months ago....? I seriously can't remember. I think I've only ever been abducted into SH Den 3 times.

Rien
Sep 24, 2014, 08:31 PM
what class combination do you play?

SakoHaruo
Sep 24, 2014, 08:34 PM

I've gotten it 3 times in a row on the Nab 1 and then another 3 times during the Lillipa. I just gave up completing my TACOs that day. :(

Punisher106
Sep 24, 2014, 08:55 PM
3 abductions. I wish I were you. I hardly get abducted, even on solo runs.

I never beat the den on my main. Do your damnedest to get through there.

KakuRoze
Sep 25, 2014, 07:45 AM
My main combo is Ra/Hu with Launcher
Launcher dai suki <3

Achelousaurus
Sep 26, 2014, 06:17 AM
I had that several times.
Once I got abducted 6 times in one set of tacos.

Speaking of which, I really really like that quest, it's a lot of fun and no boring like the EQ.
Probably also cause it's 4 players and not MPA death train steamrolling everything in the blink of an eye.

Actually I have been wanting to get abducted since ep 3 came out but sort of never got around doing it.

All you gotta do is startup some SH TA and reload if you don#t get abducted, don't even need to leave the campship for this.

SLY_J
Sep 26, 2014, 05:27 PM
There's a random chance that you'll get abducted every time you start a TACO (at least on Very Hard or Super Hard difficulty). Every time you complete a TACO your abduction chance increases and the only way to reset it is to successfully clear the Darker Den mission.

In other words, if you're getting abducted almost constantly then you really don't have much of a choice other than to clear the abduction mission. Both Very Hard and Super Hard have their own variants of the Darker Den mission, so I'd recommend dropping down to Very Hard and trying to clear that version. While they're both extremely difficult on your first time through, the Super Hard version of the Darker Den is absurd.

Here's a few things to keep in mind while playing:
1. Don't stop moving, ESPECIALLY when there's an infected gunship flying around.
2. Take your time. You have one hour to complete the mission. So long as you don't dawdle, this should be plenty of time.
3. Avoid PSE bursts if at all possible. PSE bursts cause enemies to spawn endlessly until they expire, and can slow you down tremendously.
4. The Darker Dens follow the same rules as the TACOs. The map is the same every time and enemies will spawn in the same places in the same order (with the exception of a few Emergency Codes) so treat your failures as learning experiences.
5. Most of the areas in the Darker Den will require you to kill all enemies before you can proceed with two notable exceptions: You don't have to kill the Dark Ragne in the first area or the Zeshrayda in the second area. (I'm not 100% certain on this btw, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.)

KakuRoze
Sep 27, 2014, 09:03 PM
But without a 4-player team its night to impossible to complete myself on Super Hard, and I highly doubt I'd have much more success on Very Hard.
Problem is, I dont have anyone to play with, in Best case, I could get that one IRL friend to play with me, but still, chances of success is fairly dim.
And as there seems to be like almost no english speaking players at all on ship9, I REALLY wish for a better way to not have to do this crap.

I can solo Lillipa SH and Vorpar SH (S-rank), but the others is instant failure.
As I cant move when shooting with launchers, the Teleporting enemies in Darker Den is a PITA solo, so this crap is not even remotely fun.

I rather steamroll stuff in larger groups in EQ than do this...

Edit: I cant even get past the 2nd mobs in darker den, the flying ships is instant death traps with launcher.

Chdata
Sep 27, 2014, 09:06 PM
People have trouble in abduction? lol

I mean I guess SH bosses are hard... but avoiding PSE bursts? lol.

Z-0
Sep 27, 2014, 09:12 PM
Rather than "I want to use this because it's fun / my thing", how about "I shouldn't use this thing because it gets me killed and I'd be better using something else to get past this obstacle"? Everyone may (or may not) have their favourite weapons to use, but if you're having trouble with something when using only that weapon, maybe you should consider playing the class instead of playing the weapon, and use all the tools at your disposal.

Both Darker Dens are very possible solo, you just have to know what you're doing, and no, you don't need incredible equipment or anything.

Also, Very Hard DD is much easier than Super Hard because it's a different quest entirely, an easier one at that. (as in, different layout, spawns, etc...)