PDA

View Full Version : TWC backbone down again?

Touka
Sep 24, 2014, 07:55 PM
So I got 630'd,nothing new.Tried to get back on and ships were down for "maintenance" so I decided to restart and got the launcher time out error.I know they're checking servers for lag but can anyone else play atm?

Phantom Rain
Sep 24, 2014, 07:57 PM
on TWC too just got knocked off a few minutes ago too and can't get back

Keiko_Seisha
Sep 24, 2014, 07:58 PM
Looks like it. Find something else to do in the meantime, I guess. Least it isn't like the internet outage last time.

Shirai
Sep 24, 2014, 07:58 PM
Hope TWC didn't join the club again.

Sgt. Sharina Wize
Sep 24, 2014, 07:59 PM
Hope TWC didn't join the club again.

I Hope so as will.

HeyItsTHK
Welp my vpn uses TWC so oh well.

ShinKai
I dunno if the information is correct, but I had a teammate tell me there was gonna be an emergency maintenance shortly before I was kicked off.

KuroiBRS
Sep 24, 2014, 08:01 PM
It's on Time Warner's end

I did the tracert cmd stuff and all 30 hops registered a connection so it's just TWC again.

saraishadow
Sep 24, 2014, 08:02 PM
Can still log in via the proxy, much to my chagrin (Always get DC/d after about an hour of being online without fail)

Tweaker Proxy: http://linode.cyberkitsune.net:8080/config.json

EvilMag
Sep 24, 2014, 08:28 PM
It looks like they had another outage. Guess I can say is just wait.

Boney010
Sep 24, 2014, 08:36 PM
At first when the game disconnected me, I was getting error 103, but I was still able to visit pso2.jp. But then my ISP went down for a few minutes and now it gives me a server error for the site.

Shinamori
Sep 24, 2014, 08:44 PM
Well, there a lot of them.
http://downdetector.com/status/time-warner-cable/map/

Mesarthim
Sep 24, 2014, 08:44 PM
Well that confirms my hunch of a very long ship loading screen after I was off for a few hours. Maybe I can check out my new game instead.

So how long did this go on for back when ep3 came out? At that time I only got to play for an hour before it happened then I went to sleep.

Keiko_Seisha
Sep 24, 2014, 09:00 PM
Well that confirms my hunch of a very long ship loading screen after I was off for a few hours. Maybe I can check out my new game instead.

So how long did this go on for back when ep3 came out? At that time I only got to play for an hour before it happened then I went to sleep.

It was two or three hours last time and that was in the early morning. It is still relatively early in the evening so it could be faster depending on the issue as a whole.

XbikXBd
Sep 24, 2014, 09:03 PM
yeah its down again. but weird tho that i can get online still(i.e Internet).

Mesarthim
Sep 24, 2014, 09:07 PM
yeah its down again. but weird tho that i can get online still(i.e Internet).

Well not all areas are experiencing the exact same issue. Seems from (at least based on the link above) that some people have slow service, others have no service (my service is fine since I'm not even on the same mass of land. Doesn't mean a thing when my connection gets to California though http://i.imgur.com/juundZU.png).

saraishadow
Sep 24, 2014, 09:25 PM
from the looks of it, when the west coast is having problems we're screwed on our connection to Japan

SakoHaruo
Sep 24, 2014, 11:25 PM
I wont be surprised if something happens to other ISPs at 6am.

Psycl0ne
Sep 25, 2014, 04:27 AM
Good thing I checked the forums, I never had a problem connecting until now, hopefully it gets sorted out soon (whatever the problem is?). I was able to update with the tweaker but that was about it.

Psycl0ne
Sep 25, 2014, 04:55 AM
I wasted no time trying a workaround for the problem (for the time being)... I can confirm that it works, for me at least.. just follow Aida's guide here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219610

it's a free VPN program and it's very easy to set up.

LoN_Lina
Sep 25, 2014, 06:11 AM
I'm using pingzapper. I was turned to it durring the DDoS age. Just sign up a free account, download the trailware, install, go to games and add pso2, set the launcher to tweaker and the main game to your pso2.exe, turn zapper on, launch game by right clicking the pso2 short in zapper, once you load it through tweaker and select you ship (prior to pressing enter for pass) alt+tab over to zapper and right click restart tunnel wait 30 seconds and toggle zapper off, alt+tab back log in and join my team deadly dragons we need more people.

GMG
Sep 25, 2014, 09:16 AM
I'm using pingzapper. I was turned to it durring the DDoS age. Just sign up a free account, download the trailware, install, go to games and add pso2, set the launcher to tweaker and the main game to your pso2.exe, turn zapper on, launch game by right clicking the pso2 short in zapper, once you load it through tweaker and select you ship (prior to pressing enter for pass) alt+tab over to zapper and right click restart tunnel wait 30 seconds and toggle zapper off, alt+tab back log in and join my team deadly dragons we need more people.

Does this disconnect you after a period of time or if you use this method you can play indefinitely?

airprinzh2o
Sep 25, 2014, 09:25 AM
Is TWC still having problems??? Cuz I still am, man it's been over 12 hours...

My overall internet is fine but I just can't access the official game site nor the game

Boney010
Sep 25, 2014, 09:46 AM
Yep, TWC user in LA. Still down for me.
I tried testing the ping and all that jazz and the result was that the ping was looping. Going to ride it out for a week before deciding to jump on the proxy train. :(

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 10:02 AM
Yep, TWC user in LA. Still down for me.
I tried testing the ping and all that jazz and the result was that the ping was looping. Going to ride it out for a week before deciding to jump on the proxy train. :(

God I hope it doesn't last for a week. But at least it's not just me.

Update: Looks like there's issues with TWC scattered across the contry.

silo1991
Sep 25, 2014, 11:55 AM
so when its gonna be finished this manteinance

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 12:04 PM
Hope not, wanted to buy AC this October, but if I can't connect then well...

DJcooltrainer
Sep 25, 2014, 12:30 PM
Damn, I thought TWC had finally done something right for once. Guess all good things do have to come to an end.

Remember earlier in the week when Sega announced they would be taking measures to monitor the server traffic, and that you may experience issues connecting or experience more lag? I feel like this has something to do with that, for sure.

Anyway, I'm back to using my VPN again, no problems here. I should just get used to using it all the time.

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 01:14 PM
Damn, I thought TWC had finally done something right for once. Guess all good things do have to come to an end.

Remember earlier in the week when Sega announced they would be taking measures to monitor the server traffic, and that you may experience issues connecting or experience more lag? I feel like this has something to do with that, for sure.

Anyway, I'm back to using my VPN again, no problems here. I should just get used to using it all the time.

I had considered that myself, but I was able to connect after maintinence so, I dunno. Most people got cut off evening yesterday.

MechaMan
Sep 25, 2014, 01:17 PM
Well I dunno. I have Brighthouse but from what I've read up on Brighthouse is just a branch off of TWC. And TWC is having lots of reports of internet issues as of the 24th. Hopefully it's just them and we haven't gotten the guillotine. :-?

Sanguine2009
Sep 25, 2014, 01:17 PM
its probably just TWC being TWC

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 01:27 PM
Yah, I've seen reports of internet issues scattered across the US, so hopefully it is them. I don't wanna have to use any proxies or VPNs.

MechaMan
Sep 25, 2014, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I really am not going to go to those lengths to play. Although I love the game...
I guess I'll just catch up on some other games in the meantime. :-(

DJcooltrainer
Sep 25, 2014, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I really am not going to go to those lengths to play. Although I love the game...
I guess I'll just catch up on some other games in the meantime. :-(

If you're already using the tweaker for the English patch, you literally just have to copy and paste an address into the tweaker to be able to log in. Not really much to go out of your way, if you really do enjoy playing the game.

I can access other Japanese websites and games from my TWC connection, so I don't think it's a "backbone" issue, I think it's traffic shaping from Sega's end, as the had announced last week people might have issues connecting until they fix whatever problem they've been having.

At this point I am almost positive it is not "TWC being TWC", but "Sega being Sega".

EDIT: Yeah, I just tested logging into my Japanese PSN account, and played a little PSP2i online. It's not as if all Japanese traffic isn't routing, pso2.jp is the only site I've found that I can't get to right now.

MechaMan
Sep 25, 2014, 01:52 PM
If you're already using the tweaker for the English patch, you literally just have to copy and paste an address into the tweaker to be able to log in. Not really much to go out of your way, if you really do enjoy playing the game.

I can access other Japanese websites and games from my TWC connection, so I don't think it's a "backbone" issue, I think it's traffic shaping from Sega's end, as the had announced last week people might have issues connecting until they fix whatever problem they've been having.

At this point I am almost positive it is not "TWC being TWC", but "Sega being Sega".

It's nothing that'll get me in trouble right? That's kinda what I meant. I don't wanna do something that could get me banned or anything of the sort. If not then Ill try it out.

DJcooltrainer
Sep 25, 2014, 01:55 PM
Oh, as far as I know no one has been banned for it yet.

Sega could just end up blocking everyone who is using the Cyberkitsune proxy server, I guess, but that has not happened yet. I have a friend who has been using it for quite some time with no issues, and as far as I know no one has reported being banned for using it.

The way I see it is that you're just as likely to be banned for using a proxy as your are from connecting from a non-JP IP address. The possibility of a ban is there, but not very likely.

MechaMan
Sep 25, 2014, 02:19 PM
Oh, as far as I know no one has been banned for it yet.

Sega could just end up blocking everyone who is using the Cyberkitsune proxy server, I guess, but that has not happened yet. I have a friend who has been using it for quite some time with no issues, and as far as I know no one has reported being banned for using it.

The way I see it is that you're just as likely to be banned for using a proxy as your are from connecting from a non-JP IP address. The possibility of a ban is there, but not very likely.

Alright. I guess I'll check it out. So what exactly do I do?

Flaoc
Sep 25, 2014, 02:45 PM
Alright. I guess I'll check it out. So what exactly do I do?

http://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/bluepill/

Mesarthim
Sep 25, 2014, 02:54 PM
I just started using that. Feels like my ping effectively doubled but I have things to get done at this hour and I'm not waiting on TWC to stop being stupid.

airprinzh2o
Sep 25, 2014, 03:48 PM
What are the risks of using the proxy server, if any? I'm not talking about the possibility of being banned, but more like, is my computer/network gona be more vulnerable to hacks or other types of security threats? I'm not a computer wiz and have no idea how proxy and/or VPN works so just wondering if there are any risks associated with them.

starwind75043
Sep 25, 2014, 04:11 PM
Honestly i can stay off and do my kolotho xqs another day. So ill just take mini break and catch up on some shows. Hope twc don't disappoint us.

But i probably pick proxy since it seems like a really good option and pretty easy

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 04:12 PM

EDIT: Yeah, I just tested logging into my Japanese PSN account, and played a little PSP2i online. It's not as if all Japanese traffic isn't routing, pso2.jp is the only site I've found that I can't get to right now.

That sounds more believeable than TWC issues. Guess we all just have to wait for the "monitoring" to finish.

BIG OLAF
Sep 25, 2014, 04:54 PM
It looks like my ISP won't load the game or website either, so I don't think it's just TWC.

EvilMag
Sep 25, 2014, 04:56 PM
It looks like my ISP won't load the game or website either, so I don't think it's just TWC.

Curious, whats your ISP?

BIG OLAF
Sep 25, 2014, 06:28 PM
False alarm, looks like my ISP is linked to TWC, too.

...which is creepy. Why does TWC seemingly have their finger in a bunch of different pies?

saraishadow
Sep 25, 2014, 06:51 PM
I can still buy AC, just can't get to pso2.jp

EDIT: Go to this link if you wannna buy AC it's the login page with captcha https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2

Fufufu
Sep 25, 2014, 07:00 PM
We have observed in the past that TWC(and offshoots such as brighthouse) have their own backbone that basically goes clear until you get to japan. This would be the case whether you were going to yahoo, or pso2 itself. This is what allowed us to connect to pso2 whereas other ISPs could not.

What you see right now in a traceroute is that we are not taking the normal path through TWC backbones to japan for any site, not just PSO2. The internet, by design routes around damage. In this case we seem to be using xo communications backbone, as opposed to TWC's own. Whether the twc backbone is down or this is a permanant change is yet to be seen.

A normal traceroute to japan, and specifically pso2 in this case looks like this:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.1.1.10 [router]
Hops 2-4 censored for my own privacy.
5 26 ms 31 ms 27 ms rdc-72-230-153-243.wny.east.twcable.com [72.230.153.243] [Regional TWC backbone]
6 31 ms 30 ms 32 ms be35.cr0.chi10.tbone.rr.com [107.14.19.104] [Chicago TWC backbone]
7 89 ms 90 ms 88 ms ae-6-0.cr0.sjc30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.14] [San Jose TWC backbone]
8 82 ms 83 ms 84 ms ae-0-0.cr0.sjc10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.8] [also San Jose TWC backbone]
9 89 ms 99 ms 87 ms bu-ether13.lsancarc0yw-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.7] [TWC backbone]
10 91 ms 86 ms 87 ms ae-0-0.cr0.lax30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.5] [Los Angeles TWC backbone]
11 224 ms 78 ms 80 ms ae2.pr1.lax10.tbone.rr.com [107.14.19.54] [also Los Angeles TWC backbone]
12 137 ms 84 ms 95 ms unk-426d075a.adelphiacom.net [66.109.7.90] [The name is a lie, this is really TWC's transpacific backbone]
13 82 ms 83 ms 80 ms lajbb001.kddnet.ad.jp [59.128.2.69] [from this point forward, these are all Japanese regional backbones]
14 204 ms 203 ms 186 ms otejbb205.int-gw.kddi.ne.jp [203.181.100.125]
15 192 ms 195 ms 194 ms jc-ote302.int-gw.kddi.ne.jp [118.155.197.179]
16 189 ms 187 ms 183 ms 106.187.28.202
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 184 ms 183 ms 184 ms 61.202.251.198
19 181 ms 181 ms 175 ms po14.ta1ag01.idc.jp [158.205.192.102]
20 195 ms 187 ms 186 ms lag3.l303.ta1.eg.idc.jp [158.205.188.250]
21 189 ms 201 ms 190 ms 158.205.104.60
22 178 ms 188 ms 176 ms 210.189.208.16 [AKA ship 2's server, our destination]

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 07:23 PM
Let's just hope people using TWC can get back in soon w/o a proxy/VPN. I'll give it till next update before I resort to that.

Boney010
Sep 25, 2014, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty sure it is a TWC thing. When I was playing last night, my internet went down for about 1 minute. When it came back, I could not access PSO2, but I was still able to access the pso2.jp site. Shortly after, my internet died a second time. When it came back again, I couldn't access both the game and the site.

I did a ping test and traceroute and concluded that the ping was looping, meaning the signal was not leaving local servers because of a broken route.

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 07:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it is a TWC thing. When I was playing last night, my internet went down for about 1 minute. When it came back, I could not access PSO2, but I was still able to access the pso2.jp site. Shortly after, my internet died a second time. When it came back again, I couldn't access both the game and the site.

I did a ping test and traceroute and concluded that the ping was looping, meaning the signal was not leaving local servers because of a broken route.

That makes sense, but is this something TWC will even notice?

gigawuts
Sep 25, 2014, 07:28 PM
Let's just hope people using TWC can get back in soon w/o a proxy/VPN. I'll give it till next update before I resort to that.

Why? The rest of us have to use a VPN.

Are TWC customers special or something?

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 07:31 PM

I've never had to use a VPN.

Fufufu
Sep 25, 2014, 07:42 PM
That makes sense, but is this something TWC will even notice?

Yes, I do suspect they noticed that one of their backbones is down(specifically 66.109.7.90, ping it, it does not respond). The question is whether they wanted that to happen.

gigawuts
Sep 25, 2014, 08:03 PM
I've never had to use a VPN.

Oh, ok. Then merely most of the rest of us.

The question stands.

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 08:08 PM
Yes, I do suspect they noticed that one of their backbones is down(specifically 66.109.7.90, ping it, it does not respond). The question is whether they wanted that to happen.

I doubted they wanted anything to go down, so hopefully they've noticed and are trying to fix the issue.

airprinzh2o
Sep 25, 2014, 08:28 PM

OP never said nor even implied TWC customers are special. We are just fortunate that we were able to log directly into the game. There is nothing wrong with hoping the issue gets resolved so we can continue playing the game without proxy or VPN. I can't speak for others but I'm hesitant about using proxy or VPN simply because I do not know how it works and the potential risks. I'm not talking about the risk of being banned by Sega because that risk is always there, but I'm more concerned about any security threat it may cause by using proxy or VPN.

EDIT: There may very well be absolutely no risk at all, but like I said, I don't know how they work. I did post the question earlier in this same thread but no answer was provided.

gigawuts
Sep 25, 2014, 08:39 PM
OP never said nor even implied TWC customers are special. We are just fortunate that we were able to log directly into the game. There is nothing wrong with hoping the issue gets resolved so we can continue playing the game without proxy or VPN. I can't speak for others but I'm hesitant about using proxy or VPN simply because I do not know how it works and the potential risks. I'm not talking about the risk of being banned by Sega because that risk is always there, but I'm more concerned about any security threat it may cause by using proxy or VPN.

EDIT: There may very well be absolutely no risk at all, but like I said, I don't know how they work. I did post the question earlier in this same thread but no answer was provided.

I wasn't talking to the OP (Unless you mean Hatsodoom), and I was asking specifically.

I don't know if TWC's backbone has a gigantic reach or something.

Why does everyone assume hostility where there's brevity?

Here's hostility:

Shut up and get a VPN like the rest of us ya whiny entitled cunts.

Here's what I asked:

Other people have to use one. Is it a bigger deal that they didn't?

Mesarthim
Sep 25, 2014, 08:52 PM
At the rate this is going a VPN might even be more reliable than TWC, though the last time this happened it was fixed considerably faster. I'll just have to learn to deal with the higher ping if this becomes the norm (using proxy). I'm not letting TWC or their crappy backbone dictate whether or not I am able to get online.

Also I blame gigawuts for having great luck on the last (and only) trigger party for gunne I attended. It must be the reason!

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 09:12 PM
Yah it's DEFINATELY TWC, I'm now having an extremely hard time downloading images off google.

ShinMaruku
Sep 25, 2014, 09:28 PM
False alarm, looks like my ISP is linked to TWC, too.

...which is creepy. Why does TWC seemingly have their finger in a bunch of different pies?

Brighthouse?

starwind75043
Sep 25, 2014, 10:44 PM
Yah it's DEFINATELY TWC, I'm now having an extremely hard time downloading images off google.

Yeah there is probably some twc issue cause even my other game i am laggy as hell and that is not normal

LeynasMoon
Sep 25, 2014, 10:47 PM
Also I blame gigawuts for having great luck on the last (and only) trigger party for gunne I attended. It must be the reason!

Here here! 12 battles, not a single unit dropped. he took all of our luck.

So this problem with the TWC backbone is still ongoing... annoying news to come home to, after work.

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 11:26 PM
A person on PSUBlog says even people in Japan are having this issue.

Hatsodoom
Sep 26, 2014, 09:22 AM
Still down.

So... anyone play MH3U?

Hatsodoom
Sep 26, 2014, 07:46 PM
Wow... not getting fixed anytime soon huh?

moorebounce
Sep 26, 2014, 09:26 PM
It didn't work earlier for me but it's working now. Unless just turning Pingzapper on works.

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2014, 10:26 PM
Wow... not getting fixed anytime soon huh?

Highly doubtful! The ISPs that were affected over a month ago still aren't "fixed", so this one probably won't ever be, either.

It didn't work earlier for me but it's working now. Unless just turning Pingzapper on works.

It's Pingzapper, yes.

Fufufu
Sep 27, 2014, 12:03 AM
Highly doubtful! The ISPs that were affected over a month ago still aren't "fixed", so this one probably won't ever be, either.

It's Pingzapper, yes.

Other ISPs didn't have an entire part of their backbone just go offline either. Our problem is that we are now using the backbone of XO Communications, as opposed to TWC's own backbone. This isn't a matter of just being routed differently, the hop after TWC's los angeles node is just gone. It doesn't respond to ping.

What we may be seeing is a new peering agreement that involves our communication to japan going through xo, and if that is the case it will stay that way forever. If they're just repairing that note, it will be back eventually most likely. There was a major outage in many areas, specifically near LA when this all went down.

sajaikub
Sep 27, 2014, 01:17 AM
I'm still having the same problem as well. I just hope they're going to fix it soon :((((

Rakurai
Sep 27, 2014, 02:48 AM
I just gave up and started using the proxy server.

I don't notice any difference from the real server performance wise, so I'm willing to take the small risk of getting banned.

Sanguine2009
Sep 27, 2014, 02:52 AM
probably gonna do the same if it does not sort itself out by the end of the weekend, i have other things i needa do until then.

Mesarthim
Sep 27, 2014, 03:29 AM
I just started to use it the day after. Only thing that changed was noticeably higher ping but I can live with it. I'm not that patient if it revolves around bad providers and backbones.

Psycl0ne
Sep 27, 2014, 07:16 AM
I'm gonna have to try that pingzapper now, VPN is laggy and can't really play like that..

Indignation211
Sep 27, 2014, 08:49 AM
Just like to put my two cents in.

I'm a TWC customer and like all the other TWC customers i'm not able to connect to pso2.jp

However, I AM able to get to sega.jp and other .jp sites just fine.

So I'm not hopeful that this is just an issue with TWC.

Hatsodoom
Sep 27, 2014, 09:11 AM
I don't think anyone knows what the deal is at this point. Could be their inspection of the server load, but that doesn't explain the site. Could be TWC, but that doesn't explain the issues in Japan. Who the Falz knows?

I think we all need to start calling TWC and pester them until they fix it.

brandoncyz
Sep 27, 2014, 04:52 PM
so i searched some stuff about TWC's backbone, not that it has to do with PSO2 or such but maybe something in this article could explain why TWC is having issues this week. i could be wrong this is just an assumption of mine . _.
http://www.multichannel.com/news/networks/cohen-twc-asks-shouldnt-be-cloaked-public-interest/384144

Sizustar
Sep 27, 2014, 05:27 PM
Just like to put my two cents in.

I'm a TWC customer and like all the other TWC customers i'm not able to connect to pso2.jp

However, I AM able to get to sega.jp and other .jp sites just fine.

So I'm not hopeful that this is just an issue with TWC.

The .jp isn't all on the same server.

Hatsodoom
Sep 27, 2014, 08:34 PM
The .jp isn't all on the same server.

What does that even mean in this case?

Totori
Sep 27, 2014, 08:46 PM
It pretty much means, that it has nothing to do with access Japanese websites. Since you can access sega.jp or rather any .jp site. Besides one specific one, which is pso2.jp.

That means, TWC is getting blocked by something, the same way Comcast is having to deal with it. As TWC's services aren't really lacking on any other service right now.

Hatsodoom
Sep 27, 2014, 10:07 PM
It pretty much means, that it has nothing to do with access Japanese websites. Since you can access sega.jp or rather any .jp site. Besides one specific one, which is pso2.jp.

That means, TWC is getting blocked by something, the same way Comcast is having to deal with it. As TWC's services aren't really lacking on any other service right now.

So... now all TWC people have to use a VPN? Like it's never gonna be fixed?

Sanguine2009
Sep 28, 2014, 01:19 AM

ALL of TWC's traffic to japan is taking a different route than it did when we could connect. that route we took then was the only reason we could connect in the first place. nothing has changed on sega's end.

that said, it still might not fix itself and looking into a alternate method is probably not a bad idea.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 28, 2014, 03:07 AM
I just tried the pso2proxy but I can't seem to be able to log in :(

I get a server time out error right after inputting my password in. Pretty much I can't get past that part.

As a TWC subscriber I have a gut feeling that this is the end of the road for us. We will most likely have to find another method of logging in.

That said is there any way I can fix the "server time out" error that I get when I try to log in using the proxy?

Fufufu
Sep 28, 2014, 04:43 AM
TWC may have just decided they didn't want to operate that backbone node between us and japan, and set up a peering agreement with XO instead. This works out negatively for us, but it is by no means "broken". I have always had an alternate connection method available, but the rest of you may need to start looking into the possibility if you have not already.

Unless TWC makes an official statement on why we're being routed this way, we may never ever know what is going on(note: they probably won't, and phone support is not going to know a thing about this. You would need to know someone pretty high up in TWC for this information. This change is completely transparent to 99.9% of TWC subscribers).

Basically

It may resolve itself, but it may never. If you can't stand not playing anymore, just do what everyone else is doing.

Mesarthim
Sep 28, 2014, 04:46 AM
The proxy works perfectly fine for me but I wasn't terribly fond of the ping it brought. I have since switched to pingzapper and now I'm more or less playing the same as before this mess.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 28, 2014, 05:02 AM
Is pingzapper free or is it pay only?

I would use the proxy but for reasons mentioned in my other post I can't seem to log in with it.

Also, Mesarthim, mind telling me hot to set up the pingzapper program or do you have any links I can check out? :)

moorebounce
Sep 28, 2014, 06:44 AM
Is pingzapper free or is it pay only?

I would use the proxy but for reasons mentioned in my other post I can't seem to log in with it.

Also, Mesarthim, mind telling me hot to set up the pingzapper program or do you have any links I can check out? :)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220216&highlight=pingzapper

Hatsodoom
Sep 28, 2014, 08:17 AM
Guess I'll try and use Pingzapper as well. Dis gonna be fun... (Sarcasm)

Edit: I checked the topic and it seems like people are dcing or something after a while, so exactly how safe/secure is this method?

BahnKnakyu
Sep 28, 2014, 03:18 PM
Reference for when the routes were working (TWC Hawaii here):

5 58 ms 63 ms 63 ms agg31.lsancarc01r.socal.rr.com [72.129.45.0]
6 61 ms 59 ms 60 ms 107.14.17.132
7 64 ms 63 ms 63 ms ae-0-0.cr0.lax30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.5]
8 61 ms 61 ms 60 ms ae2.pr1.lax10.tbone.rr.com [107.14.19.54]
9 65 ms 140 ms 63 ms unk-426d075a.adelphiacom.net [66.109.7.90]
10 66 ms 66 ms 63 ms lajbb001.kddnet.ad.jp [59.128.2.173]
11 163 ms 159 ms 165 ms otejbb205.int-gw.kddi.ne.jp [203.181.100.165]
12 175 ms 168 ms 167 ms jc-ote302.int-gw.kddi.ne.jp [118.155.197.179]
13 163 ms 167 ms 163 ms 106.187.28.202
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 178 ms 175 ms 177 ms 61.202.251.198
16 162 ms 159 ms 160 ms po14.ta1ag01.idc.jp [158.205.192.102]
17 166 ms 172 ms 174 ms lag3.l303.ta1.eg.idc.jp [158.205.188.250]
18 172 ms 174 ms 173 ms 158.205.104.60
19 169 ms 169 ms 166 ms 210.189.208.16

Never tried tracerting other Japanese stuff during that previous outage, I should have done so to see if our routes really did change to xo.

Damn, first XO fucks things up for 4chan, and now PSO2.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 28, 2014, 03:54 PM
I got the pso2proxy working :)

It's actually not bad. The only prob is that it seems that everyone on the proxy can talk to each other and the text shows up in the "team chat" section ^^;

That said I hope this things gets sorted out, but like I said I think this is the end of the road for us TWC users. We are now in the same boat as the rest.

Xaeris
Sep 28, 2014, 03:55 PM
You can turn that off. I think the command if !goff or something like that. It should appear in the log when you first log in.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 28, 2014, 04:29 PM
Thanks Xaeris :)

Is the proxy safe to use? Meaning is my account safe? I'm not talking about the classic sega ban I'm talking about is my account safe from the admin's that run this proxy?

I ask because I noticed that my actual ID name shows up.

That's kinda scary to think that they have accesses to my ID and Password for my actual pso2 account :O

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ashley50
Sep 28, 2014, 04:31 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221005&highlight=pso2+proxy

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 28, 2014, 04:48 PM
I read through the posts in that thread Ashley, and from what I can gather the admin of this proxy server does indeed have access to our passwords and accounts?

Ouch...

So with this proxy not only are we at the mercy of a random hacker not getting us all banned but we are also at the mercy of someone taking our actual accounts?

Hatsodoom
Sep 28, 2014, 05:22 PM
I read through the posts in that thread Ashley, and from what I can gather the admin of this proxy server does indeed have access to our passwords and accounts?

Ouch...

So with this proxy not only are we at the mercy of a random hacker not getting us all banned but we are also at the mercy of someone taking our actual accounts?

Where does it say that?

Hatsodoom
Sep 28, 2014, 05:50 PM
I got Pingzapper to work, so we'll see how it fares.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 28, 2014, 06:26 PM
In the second page that Ashley posted you can see someone ask the same question pretty much.

CyberKitsune, answered it buy saying that it wasn't available for the public. Now forgive me since I'm not very tech savy specially when it comes to networking, but our username and password may not be available to the public (which is obviously good) it's still available to CyberKitsune.

Now I'm not saying he's going to steal our accounts nor that he's a bad person or anything, but I still can't help but feel a little paranoid about it.

When I logged in and saw that the pso2proxy greeted me by using my actual username it scared me and made me think "hmm if it knows my actual account user name what makes me think it doesn't know my password aswell?

Another thing is that no one here is providing an actual straight answer to my question.

Anyway's I hope this answered your question Hatsodoom :)

The last few days have been very frustrating without pso2 :(

silo1991
Sep 28, 2014, 06:45 PM
if half people cant log in then , how the newcomers will as well D:

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 28, 2014, 07:44 PM
it doesn't say it in normal terms it says it in programmers terms
the packets are not encrypted with PSO2 proxy which means your data can be seen by the host
now that means the host can see your account and password

encrypted data hides your information
unencrypted data shows your information
wether the host is trustable well that's up to the host humans can change there minds in a second
so it's really up to you if you think the host is trustable

heres the facts so far nobody has reported a stolen computer or being hacked
the proxy works with PSO2 but has lag and can cause DCS
Another fact the servers are overloaded which causes DCS for people everywhere including JPN

is it safe to use is like asking is it safe to account share a PSN account

Sizustar
Sep 28, 2014, 07:46 PM
if half people cant log in then , how the newcomers will as well D:

Try that again in English.

pkemr4
Sep 28, 2014, 07:52 PM
Try that again in English.

"if half the people cant log in then , how will the newcomers login then D:?"

Sizustar
Sep 28, 2014, 07:55 PM

I don't understand, what's the question, exactly?

Serif
Sep 28, 2014, 08:17 PM
He's asking how newcomers will come to the game if half the population's blocked off

Most people brand new to the game wouldn't want to jump through all these hoops just to connect. While we make a very small dent it Sega's revenue, it still sucks that paying customers can and will be driven off when they can't get onto the game normally.

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 28, 2014, 08:45 PM
it doesn't say it in normal terms it says it in programmers terms
the packets are not encrypted with PSO2 proxy which means your data can be seen by the host
now that means the host can see your account and password

encrypted data hides your information
unencrypted data shows your information
wether the host is trustable well that's up to the host humans can change there minds in a second
so it's really up to you if you think the host is trustable

heres the facts so far nobody has reported a stolen computer or being hacked
the proxy works with PSO2 but has lag and can cause DCS
Another fact the servers are overloaded which causes DCS for people everywhere including JPN

is it safe to use is like asking is it safe to account share a PSN account

Thank you for putting it in plain English. You are also right, I haven't heard of anyone getting their accounts stolen or hacked. Regardless our usernames and passwords were meant to not be given out and we basically did just that lol. Again even if the proxy seem legit I can't help but feel a lil paranoid over it.

AS for the proxy itself it seems to be working well, I'm surprised actually. I thought it was going to be a laggy mess but seem alright :D

I guess we have no choice but to be a risk if we want to play. So far everyone seems to be enjoying the proxy (judging from the global chat) and the environment seems very friendly. It almost seems like a giant team since people are making TA pt's and things like that.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 28, 2014, 08:48 PM

they log in with cookies

and @ squall your welcome

Hatsodoom
Sep 28, 2014, 09:29 PM
Well Pingzapper tanked, dced right on the 30 minute mark. Using proxy, we'll see if I lag any worse than before.