PDA

View Full Version : Dengeki PS Oct + Famitsu scans

Lyrise
Sep 24, 2014, 09:31 PM
Scans from the latest issues of Famitsu and Dengeki PS, for 2 different looks at the new update coming next month, and a minor guide to Harukotan, among other things in the Dengeki scans (including part 1 in a series of guides for starters). As usual, these scans are 2560x1440, at 2 pages per image, so slower connections beware.

Famitsu (1/2)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/FamiOct1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Famitsu (2/2)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/FamiOct2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dengeki PS (1/3)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/DPSOct1.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dengeki PS (2/3)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/DPSOct2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dengeki PS (3/3)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://stylizedunreality.com/Images/PSO2/DPSScan/DPSOct3.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Some highlights:

-The 2 sub-bosses, Leomardurald and Nept Casadora, is a tagteam battle. Unlike The banthers, you fight them both right out the gate. Be aware that they will be able to perform conbination attacks, as one is oil based and one is fire based.

-Bal Rodos in the new area will have the same drops as the one found on the beach. Of course the one on the beach will have some new drops as well.

-In an effort to entice more people to craft, the rewards for crafting titles will change to include more tribooster 100 and grind boost 20s. For those of you who have these titles already, you'll receive the new rewards at a later date via mailbox.

-Tech customization meseta fees will be reduced, level 3s to be cut in half.

-Daily Crafts to include more types of crafting.

-Average number of Daily Crafts will increase to 7, up from 5.

-No more having to set the matterboard guide in between nodes. The game will automatically set it to everything available to you.

-A neat trick/reminder for Hunters and Bravers having trouble busting the feet on Gigul Gunnegam, and Gunne Gigulnam. When it decides to lock itself in place with a freeze attack, you are able to use Vol Graptor or Banish arrow on the feet, then attack the head, as an easy way to break the feet, due to the head having next to no defense, and the damage being replicated.

Not related: I just realized I scanned last month's DPS with the TD3/AIS pilot's guide. If anyone wants to see those, let me know. There's a lot of data presented that no normal research is going to get (and why TD3 itself is completely RNG, not just when it shows up)

Chdata
Sep 24, 2014, 10:23 PM
plox post AISdata

Z-0
Sep 24, 2014, 10:29 PM
Would definitely love to see the TD3 data if it's not a bother, please.

Xaeris
Sep 24, 2014, 10:33 PM
I think I pretty much have the hang of piloting the AIS (if I could just get better at anticipating when a wave of golds is about to show up so I can open up with the BUSTA RIFLE), though there's always a chance that the guide may reveal something I'd never considered. I'd like to see it as well, if you please.

Chdata
Sep 24, 2014, 11:06 PM
It's always seemed to me like spamming bullets + missiles was the best DPS except maybe using the melee 70PP special on really easy weak points.

Rakurai
Sep 25, 2014, 12:56 AM
Looks like they're finally lowering the charge times on ice and light techs to be in line with the other elements.

I also don't feel as annoyed about getting as many fist weapons and leg units from the Harukotan boss as I did after noticing that they effectively have twice the drop chance of the other items due to them dropping from both feet.

UnLucky
Sep 25, 2014, 02:41 AM
-Tech customization meseta fees will be reduced, level 3s to be cut in half.
Except they'll still require 10 fragments each and take 3 hours to cool down, right?

Who cares if the craft itself costs less? That's like the price of a single fragment. Whoopdedoo

SisterPrincess
Sep 25, 2014, 07:45 AM
Its 315000 per try for level 3 tech custom. That's quite a change for some.

gigawuts
Sep 25, 2014, 08:11 AM
Its 315000 per try for level 3 tech custom. That's quite a change for some.
u wot m8

http://puu.sh/bNfsl/3fb9eb9287.jpg

UnLucky
Sep 25, 2014, 04:01 PM
Well it's not a lie if you buy your tech frags for 28,350 meseta each!

Except that wouldn't be what gets lowered

I do like how Sega's response to "S-Atk and R-Atk fragments are worthless! Everyone uses T-Atk only and they're too expensive!" is to give a couple freebies once every few days and reduce the part that's already the cheapest cost out of any form of crafting.

Daily Crafts shouldn't give Ironia. At least they don't give S/R frags, but these mats are just as worthless. Everyone's already got a million of them, so the dailies are solely for experience, or a rest day you can freely skip and just do your own crafts.

Unit crafting costs too much meseta, but you're done after one craft. Same thing for weapon crafting, but you can, for the most part, use a booster to get exactly what you want on the first try. Tech crafting costs too many fragments, and 90% of your successes are worse than not having crafted at all so you keep trying upwards of 100 times to get that super duper high school great success.

airprinzh2o
Sep 25, 2014, 04:50 PM
-No more having to set the matterboard guide in between nodes. The game will automatically set it to everything available to you.

So if I have an incomplete node from MB1 which requires drop from Rockbear, and another node from MB5 which also requires Rockbear, there is a possibility that I can get BOTH drops in one try? Btw I just made up the scenario, I dono if there are Rockbear drops on either MB1 or MB5.

Kondibon
Sep 25, 2014, 04:55 PM
So if I have an incomplete node from MB1 which requires drop from Rockbear, and another node from MB5 which also requires Rockbear, there is a possibility that I can get BOTH drops in one try? Btw I just made up the scenario, I dono if there are Rockbear drops on either MB1 or MB5.I believe the matter guide is just that thing that marks which quests the enemy appears in or npcs you have to talk to.

airprinzh2o
Sep 25, 2014, 05:13 PM
I believe the matter guide is just that thing that marks which quests the enemy appears in or npcs you have to talk to.

Oh so it's not what I thought... I was hoping Sega will make it so we don't need to set to a specific MB in order for the items to drop. Sometimes when I'm working on other MBs or during EQs and rare monsters from MB 11 pop out... since I didn't set the guide to MB 11, those items have no chance of dropping, and I cannot switch the MB in the middle of a quest

Lyrise
Sep 25, 2014, 05:48 PM
You still need to change the board, all the update does is make it so that you don't have to change it yourself within the same matterboard.

GoldGenII
Sep 25, 2014, 06:33 PM
Yay pants. Micro skirts need a break anyway.