PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a detailed explanation on how to use fodders.

munekun
Sep 25, 2014, 09:19 AM
I'm looking for an explanation on exactly how to use fodders as i don't exactly understand step by step how it works. For example say you have a 2slot weapon and you want to add mizer soul and shoot iii, do you then proceed to make TWO "fodders" with mizer soul and shoot iii on them then attempt to add them to the 2slot 10*? I just don't get the advantage of doing it this way so if someone could please take the time to explain to me step-by-step how to do it i'd appreciate it.

Anduril
Sep 25, 2014, 09:25 AM
I'm looking for an explanation on exactly how to use fodders as i don't exactly understand step by step how it works. For example say you have a 2slot weapon and you want to add mizer soul and shoot iii, do you then proceed to make TWO "fodders" with mizer soul and shoot iii on them then attempt to add them to the 2slot 10*? I just don't get the advantage of doing it this way so if someone could please take the time to explain to me step-by-step how to do it i'd appreciate it.
Success increases with the number of identical affixes you use. Using two Shoot III fodders has a higher chance of success over using just one, plus you need two Soul affixes to begin with to add them to a weapon in your scenario.

munekun
Sep 25, 2014, 09:28 AM
Success increases with the number of identical affixes you use. Using two Shoot III fodders has a higher chance of success over using just one, plus you need two Soul affixes to begin with to add them to a weapon in your scenario.

How would you do it if you wanted to add an extra slot? Would you just have to sacrifice having two shoot iii and have one fodder with the affix you want for the extra slot?

Anduril
Sep 25, 2014, 09:55 AM
How would you do it if you wanted to add an extra slot? Would you just have to sacrifice having two shoot iii and have one fodder with the affix you want for the extra slot?
Typically, you try to create extra slots just by affixing low-tier affixes that have high chances of success, then use the built fodder to affix what you really want.
Ex:
You want to add Shoot III, Mizer Soul, and Stamina III and your intended weapon just has Poison I. You then try to add other 100% affixes, like most of the status effects, to it to increase you affix slots while also creating your cheap fodder with Shoot III, Mizer Soul, and Stamina III..

horseship
Sep 25, 2014, 10:39 AM
There's 2 ways to do it:

1. Add the abilities at the same time you add the slots.

2. Add the slots first with trash abilities (like arm i, power i, shoot i, etc), then the abilities you want (described by above poster).

Method 1 is generally cheaper up to 4 slots, provided you only want to use simple affixes such as soul, attack III, spirita III, fever and/or a boost ticket.

Method 2 should be used for more complicated affixes like ability III, vinculum, and IV affixes, or higher slotted affixes in general. There's no way you can do method 1 reliably with the slot penalty at 6 slots (outside of a boost week), for example.

An example of method 1 would be starting with a 1 slot weapon, adding shoot III to it first, then using a 1 slot Mizer Soul weapon and a 1 slot Soul Receptor weapon to get your desired result (Mizer + Shoot III).

munekun
Sep 25, 2014, 10:44 AM
This information really helps. Thank you for taking the time to explain it in a simple way.

Hexxy
Sep 25, 2014, 10:53 AM
The basic slot adding mechanic is simple. Affix an equip with the same slots to add another slot. Some affixes have additional rules to them (like souls requiring two or a soul receptor, and that some souls increase transfer rates of certain affixes) but it never actually gets very complicated beyond that.

Here's a simulator most people use to figure out stuff (to use it, click Add Panel and just drag affixes to the grid and play around with it).
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/dudu/#!/s=&a=&b=&r=&o=