PDA

View Full Version : Ship competition Round 2

Rakurai
Sep 26, 2014, 07:44 AM
So it looks like they actually tried to balance out the teams this time, as ship 1 and ship 6 are paired together, and to my knowledge, are the highest and lowest population ships respectively.

It doesn't seem as though there's anything to deter people from deliberately having their team fall behind to get the point bonus like last time, though...

Also, the lack of Triboost 50% on the prize list saddens me, since that was the only thing that felt worth buying, as I'm not into cosmetic stuff.

UnLucky
Sep 26, 2014, 07:56 AM
Don't the triboosts show up after it's all over? I think it was 4th place and up last time or something like that.

It's all I bought, so that'd kill the entire thing for me if they didn't have any.

Shadowth117
Sep 26, 2014, 08:06 AM
Don't the triboosts show up after it's all over? I think it was 4th place and up last time or something like that.

It's all I bought, so that'd kill the entire thing for me if they didn't have any.

The triboosts are added at the end again yes. Its in the rewards for every placing. Would have been funny if 1st place got 100%s as well though, but its still only 50 for everyone.

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2014, 08:06 AM
Sooo...is that the same LA that was around last time?

Shadowth117
Sep 26, 2014, 08:12 AM

I'm pretty sure I got the one from last time and I was able to learn this one. So I want to say no its not actually.

Dnd
Sep 26, 2014, 08:13 AM

Nope, its a new one.. /la joy i believe....

UnLucky
Sep 26, 2014, 08:14 AM
Last one was LA109, this one's LA132

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2014, 08:40 AM
Super.

I spend 21m on la winner, and the one LA I apparently can never have was basically free while I couldn't sign on :wacko:

UnLucky
Sep 26, 2014, 09:05 AM
Yeah, even if your group places dead last you'll get a free 100☆ just for showing up, which is conveniently the exact asking price for the exclusive Lobby Action.

Achelousaurus
Sep 26, 2014, 09:06 AM
You cannot re-sell any of the Prizes?
Pity.
I like my Arkma Punchers (originally got them for resale but they grew on me) but I got no use for lobby actions as I either kill or talk with people over whisper / team chat, rarely face to face to use any la.

UnLucky
Sep 26, 2014, 09:10 AM
You can trade/sell the room goods, grind/affix materials, and the EXP/MST boosters (but not RDR or Tri)

So essentially no, you can't resell any of the prizes

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2014, 09:16 AM
Yup. The two good prizes from last round are completely unattainable if you didn't log in during the event.

For now, anyway.

It's not Sega's style to make anything permanently restricted.

Vintasticvin
Sep 26, 2014, 10:21 AM
If ship 2 won than I got my prize (being a part of showing the other ships what ship 2 can do at full power). Not how things progressed but when I logged for the night Team Red Rappy was pretty much running off with the lead :3

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 10:41 AM
Ship 2+4 won the first round.

Kikikiki
Sep 26, 2014, 11:58 AM
Ship 2+4 won the first round.

Ship 1 did not win.

Shocking truth.

Lyrise
Sep 26, 2014, 12:12 PM
Ship 1 did not win.

Shocking truth.

What most people don't realize is that Ship 4 had actually beaten ship 1 in terms of player population for the longest time now.

Rakurai
Sep 27, 2014, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know if the Persona in the episode 2 story quest counts towards the current objective?

Can't make the EQ, so I wouldn't have any reliable method of finding him otherwise.

Chdata
Sep 27, 2014, 01:11 PM
It probably does.

Rakurai
Sep 28, 2014, 05:18 PM
I stand corrected.

They somehow managed to make this competition even more unbalanced then the previous one, because red team actually has a significant lead over everyone, and the point boosts aren't even enough to keep them from taking first place at times.

The smart thing to do would've been to make the point boosts permanent so the teams would actually balance out eventually, rather then making them juggle positions every round.

wefwq
Sep 28, 2014, 09:41 PM
I stand corrected.

The smart thing to do would've been to make the point boosts permanent so the teams would actually balance out eventually, rather then making them juggle positions every round.

That will make competition even more broken m8, just imagine strongest team call it a defeat for purpose and then they make comeback with ridiculous amount of points by the next round.

Chdata
Sep 28, 2014, 09:47 PM
lol that'd be funny but you'd need to get the entire ship to cooperate, miss out on star points, etc.

Rakurai
Sep 28, 2014, 09:51 PM
Ship 1 already did that in the last competition.

Unfortunately for them, red team has such a big lead that they mostly likely aren't going to be able to catch up now even if they'd tried it again multiple rounds in a row.

Alma
Oct 4, 2014, 12:54 AM
so... with the default 100% droprate/exp/meseta goin on now...

and these reward prix period...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3929/15247546539_825ce7f57e_n.jpg

and also all of these scheduled Tower Defense EQ.... (Brown colored one, JST time)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3928/15433959422_a9264776cb_b.jpg

...i hope we win this round for delicious 200% drop rate.
:wacko:

Aurorra
Oct 4, 2014, 04:02 AM
The whole competition is inherently flawed because it's 99% based on server population. Even if you manage organize a server to put in twice the effort of the others it won't matter because the points get capped based on population. The points boost mechanic is just silly and has teams bouncing from last to first every other round.

Maenara
Oct 4, 2014, 06:35 AM
There is literally no way red team can possibly not get first place now.

wefwq
Oct 4, 2014, 10:52 AM
With entire thing being rigged by round point bonus, there's no way red being 1st again.
But at least, with steady rank we'll win overall scorring rank.

Vent
Oct 4, 2014, 12:32 PM
This round was so one-sided it wasn't even funny.

Ship 2 and Ship 4 have a considerable amount of foreign players. Seeing that half of the rounds start at 0:00 JST and end at 10:00 JST in the morning, the Japanese players barely have any chance to participate in these rounds during weekdays, while foreign players have a good chance at catching both. Red team won almost all the rounds during these hours.

Ship population is one thing, but being able to participate in the rounds in the first place is another.

wefwq
Oct 4, 2014, 12:39 PM
This round was so one-sided it wasn't even funny.

Ship 2 and Ship 4 have a considerable amount of foreign players. Seeing that half of the rounds start at 0:00 JST and end at 10:00 JST in the morning, the Japanese players barely have any chance to participate in these rounds during weekdays, while foreign players have a good chance at catching both. Red team won almost all the rounds during these hours.

Ship population is one thing, but being able to participate in the rounds in the first place is another.
Well that's the server competition for you, there's no real definition of fair chance or balanced team.

Z-0
Oct 4, 2014, 01:04 PM
Capped contribution points is the dumbest part. It is entirely about how many players participate, rather than how much work is done overall by the players. Incredibly bad competition.

Xaeris
Oct 4, 2014, 01:31 PM
Most of the rounds were little more than glorified population checks. About the only round that kind of qualified as a competition was the round where maximum contribution wasn't a complete gimme: Vopal TA.

un1t27
Oct 4, 2014, 02:18 PM
We had no chance with they way sega is.

Shinamori
Oct 5, 2014, 09:01 AM
Thanks for carrying us, Ship4. O/

final_attack
Oct 5, 2014, 09:21 AM
Oh, we won? Overall?

PSchiZ
Oct 5, 2014, 09:28 AM
Oh, we won? Overall?

White Rappy with 42 points
Green Rappy with 42 points
Blue Rappy with 46 points
Yellow Rappy with 47 points
Red Rappy (majority of us) with 63 points

I think we did by a longshot

final_attack
Oct 5, 2014, 09:40 AM
Oh, cool ..... Time to check Arkuma tomorrow .....

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 5, 2014, 10:04 AM
can anyone repeat the ship team up pairings?

gigawuts
Oct 5, 2014, 10:16 AM
For anyone who likes graphs

http://puu.sh/c0lzH/249a3ffd91.png

so the red rappy was a bit op

it clearly has s rank genes across the board

poor green rappy - d rank across the board

(I was going to do a secondary axis for each round's points but that got real ugly real fast)

edit: added ships