PDA

View Full Version : Just what is SEGA planning with Dudu???

Achelousaurus
Sep 26, 2014, 09:00 AM
So, I hear lvl 5 potential is coming up.
And then I hear 13* are coming up and the game data is up to 15* already.

This must be in tandem with ultimate.

on the one hand I expect we will now need 13* weapons with lvl 5 potential to stand any chance in ultimate.

On the other hand I expect SEGA will nerf numbers (like Elysion) and play the usual massively diminishing returns game so that in the end we don't really get much more from lvl 5potential than we have now, but we still have to get it cause lvl 1-3 potential will be nerfed into patheticness.

Just so that we spend 10 times more on Dudu. Just so we buy 20 times more grind success +20% items with AC.

Fusionxglave
Sep 26, 2014, 09:13 AM
Does this mean All the 10 star and 11 star weapons will become junk?

Or will they became available to non premium players now?

I did not know there was going to be 15 star weapons in the game.

isCasted
Sep 26, 2014, 09:17 AM
It doesn't sound promising considering how they already (stealth-)buffed his RNG with latest patch. Who knows, maybe it's because of the tournament - after the last one prices of +1s dropped to 19k, so this might be a (shitty) balancing act.

Any x% grind boost items (and especially 20%) are generally overpriced, IMO. What sounds scary is how prices of full protects will jump.

As for potential nerfs, I don't think anything but Ely will be nerfed. Numbers on many potentials are low already and it's in SEGA's interest to make more potential playstyles by giving more significant boosts from potentials. You might have seen those new "ice tech charge time reduction" and similar potentials.

the_importer_
Sep 26, 2014, 09:30 AM

on the one hand I expect we will now need 13* weapons with lvl 5 potential to stand any chance in ultimate.

On the other hand I expect SEGA will nerf numbers (like Elysion) and play the usual massively diminishing returns game so that in the end we don't really get much more from lvl 5potential than we have now, but we still have to get it cause lvl 1-3 potential will be nerfed into patheticness.

Just so that we spend 10 times more on Dudu. Just so we buy 20 times more grind success +20% items with AC.

Lv5 Potentials!!! Why do I get the feeling that this is gonna cost me 50 Spheres :(

Sizustar
Sep 26, 2014, 09:54 AM

Where did you hear it?

It's not on G-heaven or any of the other forum or magazine though.

elryan
Sep 26, 2014, 10:07 AM
Where did you hear it?

This. No source link or anything. There's no leak of those things from psumods either.

/thread

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 10:13 AM
It's not been stated that it's coming in any update soon... but it's obvious that this is stuff that is going to happen some time in the future whether it be months or a year or more.

Why? Because the data is all there. It's been mined. You were even able to see 12* passes in player shops for a time with its "closest match" item text search. Maybe you still can.

And we've known about 5th potentials for a long time now.

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2014, 10:19 AM
There's that, and there's also the fact that this game is planned to last 10 goddamn years and we were at 11* trading after only, what, 2.5? And 12*s became more prominent shortly after that.

No yeah totally they're not adding any new rarities for 7 1/2 years, especially not with a mission type that is all about huge changes to everything you fight.

Tankotron
Sep 26, 2014, 10:23 AM
No you won't need a 13* with 6slots and maxed potential to "stand a chance" it Ultimate. Your current gear will probably hold up just fine just like how you can easily do Super Hard with 9* stuff.
Ultimate isn't drastically changing the game, it's just the next step up from Super Hard.

Shinamori
Sep 26, 2014, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Quests, are mostly likely not the next difficulty.

Xaelouse
Sep 26, 2014, 10:27 AM
Honestly doubt Ultimate Nab would outclass any of the actual good 10/11*s. They would need to put in a lot of effort to do that. As in keep adding unique gameplay-changing potentials like they are doing now that don't just boost overall damage off the bat.

Vintasticvin
Sep 26, 2014, 10:27 AM
Dudu becomes a secret hidden field boss and increasing his already feared difficulty, 10*s will probably remain Premium Only.

That's what I think Sega is planning.

Hatsodoom
Sep 26, 2014, 10:28 AM
I thought Ultimate in this case was a mission type, not a new difficulty.

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2014, 10:37 AM
It is a mission type. From what we know, it's more comparable to Advanced Quests or Extreme Quests than a new difficulty.

Except it's not either of those; It's something wholly new.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 26, 2014, 11:03 AM
Dark Falz Dudu. mini boss is Monica.

Vintasticvin
Sep 26, 2014, 11:37 AM

^ All the yes!

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2014, 12:00 PM
^ All the yes!

I can actually see this happening in the later years of the game, after they introduce even more NPCs that they forget about. Suddenly Dudu starts showing up in his own cutscenes in the lobby for matterboard stuff, and then he eventually becomes a dark falz somehow.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 26, 2014, 12:12 PM
Where did you hear it?

This stuff has been datamined by the english patch people months if not a year ago though. It was just a matter of time when sega will finally add it into the game

LonelyGaruga
Sep 26, 2014, 12:19 PM

Level 4-5 potentials have been in the internal data for like...ever. I started the game after potentials were implemented and it was already known they would go up to level 5.

13-15*s were identified when, IIRC, 11* passes were introduced. Sega messed something up and 12-15* trade passes were made known to the public. Think they came up through the visiphone search or something. Either way, it's been known that the rarities would go up this high for several months.

There is no connection between either of these things and Ultimate coming up.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 26, 2014, 12:25 PM

Screw that! Dark Falz Dudu and Dark Falz Monica tag team boss would be way better!

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 12:26 PM
Little did we know... Falz Double's true identity was... !

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2014, 12:29 PM
What if dark falz double gets sent back in time to different eras and eventually become good and use their photon manipulation abilities to improve our weapons as best they can and they've been improving our odds the whole time even though we always blame them for our failures??

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 26, 2014, 01:02 PM
What if dark falz double gets sent back in time to different eras and eventually become good and use their photon manipulation abilities to improve our weapons as best they can and they've been improving our odds the whole time even though we always blame them for our failures??

You, sir, just blew my mind.

TaigaUC
Sep 26, 2014, 02:13 PM
they already (stealth-)buffed his RNG with latest patch

What's this about? You mean they increased the chance of success?
That sounds more like a bugfix.

isCasted
Sep 26, 2014, 02:27 PM
What's this about? You mean they increased the chance of success?
That sounds more like a bugfix.

Nah, under "buffing RNG" I meant that success rates seem to be much lower.

TaigaUC
Sep 26, 2014, 02:43 PM
Yeah, that's sounds about right then.
A JP friend recently complained to me about 96%+ failing.
I had that happen to me again a few days ago.

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2014, 02:54 PM
Today, for the first time in 2 years I've failed a 90% :wacko:

Given the number I've succeeded that feels about right.

Galax
Sep 26, 2014, 03:00 PM
I miss when grinding went to insane +s, but grinders were just semi-rare things that people called common.

Also trigrinders.

Hexxy
Sep 26, 2014, 03:46 PM
Dudu is not a darker. Dudu is an RNG God. That's why the darkers REALLY keep attacking the arks ships. They are trying to get at Dudu. BUT THEY KEEP FAILING.

HUHUHU YOU HAVE NO LUCK.

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2014, 04:00 PM
Dudu is not a darker. Dudu is an RNG God. That's why the darkers REALLY keep attacking the arks ships. They are trying to get at Dudu. BUT THEY KEEP FAILING.

HUHUHU YOU HAVE NO LUCK.

So what you're saying is we have Lawful Good (Great Light), Lawful or Chaotic Evil (Profound Darkness), and Chaotic Neutral (Dudu)?

pkemr4
Sep 26, 2014, 04:08 PM
strange i passed multiple 100/90/90s a few days ago...

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2014, 04:10 PM
This is why I don't grind 11*s. This is why I still have 3 100% grind sucesses and this is why I've been crafting crappy weapons instead of going all out with high end gear.

Planned obsolescence is a bitch.

EvilMag
Sep 26, 2014, 04:38 PM
Pretty much the reason why I don't give two shits about the Gunne-gam units. I'd rather not waste my time (and money) hunting and 4/5 slotting these units only for them to most likely get outclassed in 2 months when Ultimate arrives.

Hell they may get outclassed pretty soon if the new vopar area drops any new units.

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2014, 04:40 PM
Pretty much the reason why I don't give two shits about the Gunne-gam units. I'd rather not waste my time (and money) hunting and 4/5 slotting these units only for them to most likely get outclassed in 2 months when Ultimate arrives.

Hell they may get outclassed pretty soon if the new vopar area drops any new units.

I don't think they'll be outclassed any time in the immediate future, but I do think alternatives will be added.

Like ragne vs. vader vs. snow banther? Which were then followed by Chrome, among plenty of other sets? Yeah. The Saiki units are one of many comparable sets to come.

But they have perfect stats for my needs (nice tdef, lots of s & r res, good hp, and nice pp) so I'm cool.

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2014, 04:48 PM
Units tend to last longer anyway since people just get them for the atk/pp anyway. They're also easier to grind.

That said, I'm glad I never bothered going for XQ units. :wacko:

HeyItsTHK
Sep 26, 2014, 05:02 PM
I will say I'll never work on an 11 star from scratch ever again

Dark Matter
Sep 26, 2014, 06:27 PM

On the other hand I expect SEGA will nerf numbers (like Elysion) and play the usual massively diminishing returns game so that in the end we don't really get much more from lvl 5 potential than we have now, but we still have to get it cause lvl 1-3 potential will be nerfed into patheticness.

Where did you hear it?

I remember both of these but theyre not upcoming things, one is a glitch that previously happened the same week 11 star passes
came out saying you could buy 13 star weapon passes from visiphone. so people made speculations, the other was cirnopedia a mistake
on cirnopedia saying you could go to lvl 5 when you can only go to 3 both of these mistakes were later fixed.

These are small mistakes made by the pso2 devs and cirnopedia no website would hold this information because it doesnt benefit
the player in any way because they stand far from being facts.

GALEFORCE
Sep 26, 2014, 07:33 PM
I just hope they don't unlock the grind cap to +15 or higher. Ever. I would flip my shit.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 26, 2014, 08:52 PM
I remember both of these but theyre not upcoming things, one is a glitch that previously happened the same week 11 star passes
came out saying you could buy 13 star weapon passes from visiphone. so people made speculations, the other was cirnopedia a mistake
on cirnopedia saying you could go to lvl 5 when you can only go to 3 both of these mistakes were later fixed.

Cirnopedia did not make a mistake. It uploaded datamined information that was (and still is) yet to be implemented. Cirnopedia used to do this with weapons too, like Caduceus. It still provides information on many potentials not yet implemented in the game however, though many of those have become implemented since.

Both the future potential levels and 13-15* rarities are almost certainly upcoming things. The foundation for them has already been put into the game, this is a fact. The only plausible reason for them not to happen is Sega changing their minds.

pkemr4
Sep 26, 2014, 09:01 PM
didnt they say 13-15*'s will have the same grind rates as 12*'s?

Dark Matter
Sep 26, 2014, 09:05 PM
Cirnopedia did not make a mistake. It uploaded datamined information that was (and still is) yet to be implemented. Cirnopedia used to do this with weapons too, like Caduceus. It still provides information on many potentials not yet implemented in the game however, though many of those have become implemented since.

Both the future potential levels and 13-15* rarities are almost certainly upcoming things. The foundation for them has already been put into the game, this is a fact. The only plausible reason for them not to happen is Sega changing their minds.

lets call it over shooting the gun then.
The idea is there, now its only a rng waiting game.:-?

Dear god I hope not.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 26, 2014, 09:13 PM

I don't think Sega even acknowledged that 13-15*s are going to be a thing at all, despite the passes appearing in the shop.

Selphea
Sep 26, 2014, 09:20 PM
They did 13-15* on PSU JP. No reason why they wouldn't do it on PSO2.

Hexxy
Sep 27, 2014, 12:04 AM
Why would they stop at 12*? That makes no sense. And they will have either A) worse grind rates than 12*, B) higher grind risk than 12*, C) both of these, or best case scenario D) all the same as 12* (which is also the least likely scenario).

Chdata
Sep 27, 2014, 12:05 AM
They will probably make grind rates go easier as time goes on just like they "did" for 10* and 11*.

... they sure did...

Sanguine2009
Sep 27, 2014, 02:53 AM
they will definitely do 13-15*s eventually, though i dont think we will start seeing them until around the next actual difficulty

UnLucky
Sep 27, 2014, 03:54 AM
I don't think they'll be outclassed any time in the immediate future, but I do think alternatives will be added.

Like ragne vs. vader vs. snow banther? Which were then followed by Chrome, among plenty of other sets? Yeah. The Saiki units are one of many comparable sets to come.

But they have perfect stats for my needs (nice tdef, lots of s & r res, good hp, and nice pp) so I'm cool.

Could get outclassed if they release a 2-piece set with the same set bonus, or if anything gets 90 Atk and 10+ PP, or a similar set with PP per piece.

I'm expecting quite a few 11* unit sets to come out, but they might not be as easily farmable.

Sanguine2009
Sep 27, 2014, 04:41 AM
im expecting another 11* unit set from the upcoming vorpal field

Chik'Tikka
Sep 27, 2014, 05:09 AM
Just wanted to mention 15* star rarity picture was mined awhile back, like way back when Lillipa's tunnels letters were mined (segac never did complete that weird lillipan alphabet, did they?), and there was data for 15* rarity all the way back in alpha+^_^+
I'd link the pics for both, but they are 2 year old dropbox links and are thus dead and gone+^_^+
Also would like to say that PSO2 is probably flexible enough a simple patch could give us 20* :o

Shinamori
Sep 27, 2014, 07:21 AM
They will probably make grind rates go easier as time goes on just like they "did" for 10* and 11*.

... they sure did...

That gave me a silent chuckle.

Gama
Sep 27, 2014, 07:35 AM
so they will reskin dark falz elder indo dudu falz

and monica will be arms in a inverted spiderwalk

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8upb4Quen1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

Xelor
Sep 27, 2014, 08:44 AM
This is why I don't grind 11*s. This is why I still have 3 100% grind sucesses and this is why I've been crafting crappy weapons instead of going all out with high end gear.

It took me only a month and some weeks to make a new character, get up to 70, and get a decent 11 star up to at least +30. Tedious, yes. But the fact that I've not paid for premium once doesn't bother me if Sega decides to release a new set of rarities. It only makes me giddy to have something to do.

Course, I share the same hatred for Dudu.

gigawuts
Sep 27, 2014, 08:50 AM

http://i.imgur.com/BOBrnvU.gif

Achelousaurus
Sep 28, 2014, 10:37 AM

lmao

It took me only a month and some weeks to make a new character, get up to 70, and get a decent 11 star up to at least +30. Tedious, yes. But the fact that I've not paid for premium once doesn't bother me if Sega decides to release a new set of rarities. It only makes me giddy to have something to do.

Course, I share the same hatred for Dudu.
It makes you giddy to dudu?
Are you M?

Anyway, nothing wrong with stuff you don't use forever.
Just playing for weeks and months with mediocre gear cause eventually some time in the unspecified future the good gear will become obsolete makes no sense cause for a long time your gear will suck.

And unless you plan to never have a shop (i.e. never even do fun scratch even if you don't spend AC), the good gear that eventually may become "useless" can be sold again.

Not to mention it's never actually useless.
No gear you can equip or buy at a reasonable amount below endgame gear is useless because there is always a time when it is appropriate before you can equip / buy / make endgame gear.

I do that all the time. Before I know I really enjoy playing a class I get some halfway decent gear for cheap.
If I like it, I get solid gear I can use in SH and kick some ass.
And if I really, really like it I get me some epic endgame gear for the class.

Every time I upgrade I resell the old gear and most of the time I even make a nice profit.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 28, 2014, 04:19 PM
theres no information from Sega but if people actually had a brain and used past knowledge from past phantasy star games you would easily figure out that Sega does have plans for 15* weapons especially since they want the game to Last 10 years

but i keep forgetting Logic isn't allowed on the net and nobody ever thinks about past what they hear or see from Sega or PSUmods

believe me or not Sega very likely has the next 2 years of content sitting at there HQ that isn't in the game yet where hackers and data miners can't touch it until Sega Patches it into the game

Sega will not reveal all the content they have finished waiting to be patched in just like how Sakai said the Jetboots were supposed to be a Launch weapon

if you don't understand what that means ill explain the Jetboots were withheld for over 2 years before even being announced

gigawuts
Sep 28, 2014, 04:21 PM
Anyone who thinks Sega doesn't have an enormous list of possible additions to the game is a fucking idiot.

Brainstorming is a thing. The same way jetboots could very easily have been on the board since before the game launched, tons of other things are on the same board that will never be added because it just won't work out.

Shear
Sep 28, 2014, 05:56 PM
I agree, thinking stuff up is the easy part but actually implementing shit is Dudu so it takes a long time to go from paper to the actual first lines of code.
Thanks to that lots of stuff we are getting now was probably on the Table for a long time, hell I'm curious what they are thinking about now :p

Yes I used Dudu as a verb, I thought it fits.

Achelousaurus
Sep 29, 2014, 03:34 AM
Actually it's an adjective.

theres no information from Sega but if people actually had a brain and used past knowledge from past phantasy star games you would easily figure out that Sega does have plans for 15* weapons especially since they want the game to Last 10 years

but i keep forgetting Logic isn't allowed on the net and nobody ever thinks about past what they hear or see from Sega or PSUmods

believe me or not Sega very likely has the next 2 years of content sitting at there HQ that isn't in the game yet where hackers and data miners can't touch it until Sega Patches it into the game

Sega will not reveal all the content they have finished waiting to be patched in just like how Sakai said the Jetboots were supposed to be a Launch weapon

if you don't understand what that means ill explain the Jetboots were withheld for over 2 years before even being announced
Aaaaaand you missed the point entirely.
The point is that grinding 11* weapons is hell. Grinding 12* is considerably worse.
Considering the step up in difficulty for each new * of rarity, 15* would have a 20% success rate for +1 and 0.5% success rate for +10 or something.
And we now have to do this not 4, bot 6 times to get max potential.
Dudu will cost us 1000 times more than even now.

Kondibon
Sep 29, 2014, 03:43 AM
Brainstorming is a thing. The same way jetboots could very easily have been on the board since before the game launched, tons of other things are on the same board that will never be added because it just won't work out.Didn't one of the devs specifically state that Jet boots were on the drawing board really early on, but they decided to hold them off because they weren't sure players were ready for how "fast paced" they are?

Then they threw techs on them or something because lol.

EDIT: I'm a derp. Should have been paying more attention, that's what the conversation was about.

Hobu
Sep 29, 2014, 03:48 AM
At least Monica tries to be apologetic. Fucking Dudu laughs at your face for failing. Grinding is indeed hell, but it can be planned.

Sanguine2009
Sep 29, 2014, 05:32 AM
At least Monica tries to be apologetic. Fucking Dudu laughs at your face for failing. Grinding is indeed hell, but it can be planned.

monica pretends to be sympathetic in an attempt to make you feel sorry for her faked incompetence when really she did it on purpose and laughs at you behind your back.

dudu is at least honest about being a horrible person and failing on purpose, plus he is voiced by master asia so he is automatically awesome.

Keilyn
Sep 29, 2014, 05:54 AM

I think its scaling by difficulty.
To me with classes hitting six digit numbers in their attack Ultimate won't be a problem...Especially in group settings.

Solo Player in SH = Top Gear and max stuff in order to survive and beat the map fast...

Duo players on 3* - 7* crafted gear on SH = Destroys the map together without having to having to focus so much on the high end.

I am sure Ultimate Mode would be more group based, and the ones who will need the Max Equipment are the ones who will want to Solo-Run/Solo-TA RUN the maps...

I am wondering....why 20s when 30s can be bought for excubes as those things come very fast. Or do players combine a 20% and a 30%?

I do wonder when 13* - 15* come out if they are going to rework the grinding tables for weapons, the Percentages already on 11 - 12* are horrible. I can't imagine 13 - 15*....They better make them with good potentials.

Sanguine2009
Sep 29, 2014, 06:33 AM
To me with classes hitting six digit numbers in their attack Ultimate won't be a problem...Especially in group settings.

Solo Player in SH = Top Gear and max stuff in order to survive and beat the map fast...

Duo players on 3* - 7* crafted gear on SH = Destroys the map together without having to having to focus so much on the high end.

I am sure Ultimate Mode would be more group based, and the ones who will need the Max Equipment are the ones who will want to Solo-Run/Solo-TA RUN the maps...

I am wondering....why 20s when 30s can be bought for excubes as those things come very fast. Or do players combine a 20% and a 30%?

I do wonder when 13* - 15* come out if they are going to rework the grinding tables for weapons, the Percentages already on 11 - 12* are horrible. I can't imagine 13 - 15*....They better make them with good potentials.

you mean the grind rate %s? i imagine they will, they did about the same time they phased 11*s into use as the standard. 11*s now grind about the same give or take as 10*s did before said rebalance. imagine it will be similar when they phase in 12*s and so on too.

Hobu
Sep 29, 2014, 07:09 AM
voiced by master asia so he is automatically awesome.

Automatically forgiven.

Achelousaurus
Sep 29, 2014, 09:10 AM
monica pretends to be sympathetic in an attempt to make you feel sorry for her faked incompetence when really she did it on purpose and laughs at you behind your back.

dudu is at least honest about being a horrible person and failing on purpose, plus he is voiced by master asia so he is automatically awesome.
This.
I prefer Dudu because I learned to channel my hate and it makes me stronger.

Oh and I just spend effectively 8 million (with item cost) to get bio boots to +20. You can "plan" grinding an 11* but aside from those precious, precious 100% grind success items your plan doesn't have good chances to suceed.

Yeah, agreed.

Automatically forgiven.
No, never.
And remember G Gundam.

Lyrise
Sep 29, 2014, 09:20 AM

I get the feeling its less about him doing it on purpose and more probably its just because our equipment cannot stand up to that level of awesome (or just barely).

Also, obligatory youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHfSWFJoVw

Achelousaurus
Sep 29, 2014, 10:55 AM
I get the feeling its less about him doing it on purpose and more probably its just because our equipment cannot stand up to that level of awesome (or just barely).

Also, obligatory youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHfSWFJoVw
Someone needs to dub Dudu over some badass Master Asia moments.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 29, 2014, 12:17 PM

Meh, SH is pretty easy to solo using the same gear you describe for duo players (FYI crafted gear have the same stats no matter what rarity, only difference is potentials available). I don't see Ultimate Quests requiring a party unless it has an appreciable cost to participate in one. Which it probably will.

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM
In before Ultimate Quests require capsules, XQ passes, and 1,000 team points to run.

Hexxy
Sep 29, 2014, 02:41 PM
In before Ultimate Quests require capsules, XQ passes, and 1,000 team points to run.

I have no doubt there will be a cost of some sort. Especially if the mode contains current-best equips (which most likely it will).

KazukiQZ
Sep 29, 2014, 03:04 PM
Iirc, the left side of Lobby Counter has only 2 ARKS operators instead of 3 on the right (Rebecca for quest, Koffie for Area Unlock, and Pudding for XQ). So, maybe the Ultimate Quest operator will be there soon?

RadiantLegend
Sep 30, 2014, 11:37 AM
Nah, under "buffing RNG" I meant that success rates seem to be much lower.
Ha, I knew something was off lately grinding my 11*

Helvetica Standard
Sep 30, 2014, 12:39 PM
Hate to go against the consensus but.. you're being paranoid. There was no stealth buff or nerf to grind/affix. I've had the same rates as usual and even got lucky while grinding a 10* with no fails. (wasted my protects and didn't even need them..)

There might be a buff in the future (if we go further than 12*) otherwise it would be nearly impossible to +10 any 13* and up without premmie boosters.