PDA

View Full Version : Early PSO2 Prototype Video with alternate Ragne

Shadowth117
Sep 28, 2014, 04:59 PM
Does anyone have a link to that video they showed in the livestream a while back that had a alternate version of Dark Ragne with very different legs, sort of an orange UI and the different sort of city area? I have no idea when exactly it came out, but I remember the game looked very different in that build and it doesn't seem to be on PhantasystarCh on Youtube. I've periodically looked to try and find it again somewhere since I know someone or other uploaded a recording of it from the livestream, but I've never been able to find it again.

LonelyGaruga
Sep 28, 2014, 05:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-FPk-u-FqM

There was a thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220951) about it a while ago, grabbed the link from there.

Ragne is at 2:39.

Shadowth117
Sep 28, 2014, 05:26 PM
Cool, thanks.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 28, 2014, 05:48 PM
Holy Hell, I'm digging the outfit Amy was wearing. Also like the visuals of the city a bit more. There's more color.
Ragne though, that was creepy. Definitely prefer the way he was actually implemented.

Sacrificial
Sep 28, 2014, 05:52 PM
Everytime i see this I'm disappointed that we don't have that Ra dodge and increased accuracy kneeling buff.

Maenara
Sep 28, 2014, 06:01 PM
Do you guys think Ultimate Ragne will hark back to alpha days?

LonelyGaruga
Sep 28, 2014, 06:08 PM
That's what I'm expecting. It would be a real shame if it didn't.

pkemr4
Sep 28, 2014, 06:18 PM
the graphics look way better in that video then they do now.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 28, 2014, 07:58 PM
Rifles with hitstun on normals. Seems fair... as fair as old shunka. Kartagrots looked like they were capable of alot more grief. And yeah amy's outfit is pretty cool...

Radical Dreamer
Sep 28, 2014, 09:02 PM
I wish they had kept some of the Ranger stuff in that video. That spin dodge looks a lot smoother, not to mention a lot cooler, than the dodge roll we have now. Also, that sliding Rifle move you see around 2:00 looks interesting. If they sped it up a little bit, I could see that being an actual PA in the game...

EDIT: Also, why oh WHY don't they release that Cast's parts? They actually look... normal. None of that bulky/skinny/downright weird stuff we have right now.

W i n t e r
Sep 28, 2014, 11:28 PM
Why am I just now seeing this. I liked the HP/PP bars better.
This whole video screamed nostalgia to me with the choice of music and the login screen and whatnot.

Chdata
Sep 28, 2014, 11:30 PM
these graphics suck

But It'd be cool if there was a winged ultimate ragne.

NoiseHERO
Sep 28, 2014, 11:39 PM
Seems like they were obviously gonna stick to making solid portable games. (it seriously just looks like PSP2i modified.)

If the game would've turned out more solid.

Maybe they should've. <_<

Also the super extra mechanic direction they were going with casts makes WAY more sense with the way they move and fight in this prototype. What happened producers WHAT'D YOU MAKE THEM BREAK.

choshiiru
Sep 29, 2014, 12:31 AM
I'm glad they removed the excessive orange.. perhaps it's because I don't like that color in general ;-;

but I hope in the future the HUD becomes open-source and user definable..

sike

Shadowth117
Sep 29, 2014, 12:38 AM
I'm glad they removed the excessive orange.. perhaps it's because I don't like that color in general ;-;

but I hope in the future the HUD becomes open-source and user definable..

sike

You know what the best thing is? If this worked in PSO2: https://code.google.com/p/texmod/

That would be a thing. But GameGuard blocks it ;3 (Also ironically while it did work in PSU it actually messed up outfits if you tried to use it on their textures lol)

I still say AIDA or someone should take the source and get it to work through the tweaker or something lolz.

Rien
Sep 29, 2014, 01:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-FPk-u-FqM

There was a thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220951) about it a while ago, grabbed the link from there.

Ragne is at 2:39.

RIP not shit urban city

;-;

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 29, 2014, 01:25 AM
RIP not shit urban city

;-;

Our current urban area is actually alot more fitting.

That old version really just looked too picturesque for a city under attack with a few random token fires/smoke on buildings, and some wreaked cars here and there. Needs more rubble, debris, scorch marks, damaged buildings, y'know... everything the current urban zone has to make it actually look like city truly under attack.

yoshiblue
Sep 29, 2014, 01:31 AM
Going to have to agree. While I like the look of Alpha city, it didn't look like a city on a ship and was far to peaceful. If we get to save a modern city, it would have to be on a modern planet or colon. Would be nice to have, regardless though. Could call it, Murica land.

Hobu
Sep 29, 2014, 01:37 AM
Man, I wished Hunters really did juggle ala DMC like in the video and not just hit one PA, guard, and then counterattack kind of gameplay.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 29, 2014, 01:40 AM
it didn't look like a city on a ship

This too. It was the better decision for the skybox in the urban area to have details to remind you that the 'sky' was artificial scenery, and the player was fighting in a city on a ship in space.

Iirc the scenery outside of the shop area had similar subtle details like that too before the EP3 makeover.

NoiseHERO
Sep 29, 2014, 01:47 AM
I think both cities looked bland.

They should make a better one, and make it a free field.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 29, 2014, 01:57 AM
Would like a free field urban area, with ragne to being a threatening boss again that doesn't fold to any one decent player in under two minutes. To me he still has among the best boss themes when you fight it in the city dome outside of major story targets at least.

Shadowth117
Sep 29, 2014, 02:32 AM
Would like a free field urban area, with ragne to being a threatening boss again that doesn't fold to any one decent player in under two minutes. To me he still has among the best boss themes when you fight it in the city dome outside of major story targets at least.

For that to happen, they'd really have to change him fundamentally. The fact that almost every class now has a way to deal massive damage to his core without even downing him is pretty sad. Maybe make him start doing acrobatics and move a bit faster like in his early version and make him lose lock-ons during fast movements? It'd also be neat to have the field come into play with it more. Like, maybe there are things around the arena you have to set up to shock him or something?

Sanguine2009
Sep 29, 2014, 05:36 AM
For that to happen, they'd really have to change him fundamentally. The fact that almost every class now has a way to deal massive damage to his core without even downing him is pretty sad. Maybe make him start doing acrobatics and move a bit faster like in his early version and make him lose lock-ons during fast movements? It'd also be neat to have the field come into play with it more. Like, maybe there are things around the arena you have to set up to shock him or something?

they would need to significantly lower the damage players do relative to its max hp for it or any other boss to stand a snowballs chance in hell of surviving for any length of time, mechanics alone dont matter when players can burn through its hp bar in seconds.

Chdata
Sep 29, 2014, 06:53 AM
They need to make it hard to break the legs and even harder to hurt him if you aren't breaking the legs (give that core a shield/covering that you have to break and that can only be targeted after it's broken).

So either people have to TPS that shielded spot (if they want to skip legs) or melee has to break the legs to knock it down.

And make the legs regen like luther's arms ololo.

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2014, 07:19 AM
I think both cities looked bland.

They should make a better one, and make it a free field.

They should take those assets and make city blocks linking player rooms together and allow us to walk around in lobbies that look like parts of a cleaned up city free field where we can go into buildings to get to our rooms. You should automatically get room locations based on your player ID number, but be able to move if you want to be near friends or active players. There would also be shops and stuff that you can't really interact with. Think Mass Effect's Citadel.

I mean it sounds like too much until you remember the year is 20 fucking 14.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 29, 2014, 01:25 PM
they would need to significantly lower the damage players do relative to its max hp for it or any other boss to stand a snowballs chance in hell of surviving for any length of time, mechanics alone dont matter when players can burn through its hp bar in seconds.

I'm pretty guilty of cooking stunnable bosses like ragne, gwanada, and rangarda with the new holding current... :cheese:

Dark Matter
Sep 29, 2014, 02:28 PM
Whats his name?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/CUAm8AJ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Angry_Ryudo
Sep 29, 2014, 02:44 PM
Whats his name?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/CUAm8AJ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

He's the guy that dies at the begining of the game, or at least he looks like him.