PDA

View Full Version : I miss pre-Episode 3...

Hatsodoom
Sep 30, 2014, 01:00 PM
I remember when I could do any EQ and not have to worry about horrid amounts of lag. Just did Luther and god was it bad. (On the bright side, found a Red Scorpio!) Let's hope when Sega fixes the server load issue my lag stops too.

choshiiru
Sep 30, 2014, 01:11 PM
Eh, I haven't experienced any lag so far. What's your method of connection btw and current ISP?

SakoHaruo
Sep 30, 2014, 01:12 PM
I miss muh husbando Klotho. Seeing him only once a week is depressing, the money doesn't come in as fast as the old days. :(

Hatsodoom
Sep 30, 2014, 01:52 PM
Eh, I haven't experienced any lag so far. What's your method of connection btw and current ISP?

Hardwiring my laptop to my router doesn't help, I've tried it. It started after Episode 3, before that everything was fine.

Chdata
Sep 30, 2014, 01:57 PM
not lagging much at all here

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 30, 2014, 02:06 PM
Ywah i know what you mean, but the servers have been really good lately. After they done a server load exam, it seems less laggy than prior to ast weeks maint,

I had an issue i solved that might help, But its really rare, check your phone jacks connection if the box isn't actually installed into the wall, then have a look or get a electrician to look at it, on mine the white wire just hanging on by a thread. Causing lag and intermit D/Cing, When i fixed that, It seemed to fix any D/Cing or serious Lag.

gigawuts
Sep 30, 2014, 02:09 PM
Could your laptop be overheating? Have you considered dry ice as a solution?

Maenara
Sep 30, 2014, 02:11 PM
Speak for yourselves. These hacking chrome dragons are getting out of hand.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/uRkAHTj.png[/spoiler-box]

Additionally, I had two different Apos Dorios MPAs this past DFL EQ where Apos Dorios' ultimate attack both succeeded AND failed, killing almost everybody despite all towers being broken, and THEN falling to the ground. 'Scalled server lag.

pkemr4
Sep 30, 2014, 02:11 PM
i get no FPS lag at all.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 30, 2014, 02:13 PM
Hardwiring my laptop to my router doesn't help, I've tried it. It started after Episode 3, before that everything was fine.

laptop
Are we talking internet lag or hardware lag.

Maenara
Sep 30, 2014, 02:15 PM
You guys are kidding, right? The server lag is extremely obvious. Next EQ, preferably Dark Falz EQ, go to block 12/13 and try to run the EQ.

Chdata
Sep 30, 2014, 02:22 PM
I always run those blocks and have little problem

UnLucky
Sep 30, 2014, 02:24 PM
Game has always lagged

Maenara
Sep 30, 2014, 02:30 PM
I always run those blocks and have little problem

Yeah no. Everyone in the Apos MPAs saw the result of the server lag. The symptoms are unavoidable. If you seriously haven't noticed them then you haven't been doing very much in the first place.

gigawuts
Sep 30, 2014, 02:36 PM
I was afk at a visiphone and I was fine so I mean

Hexxy
Sep 30, 2014, 03:09 PM
I was afk at a visiphone and I was fine so I mean

When giga starts lagging while browsing pretty dresses then it is time to escalate the issue to upper management.

Shinamori
Sep 30, 2014, 03:20 PM
Game always lagged during EQs even before EP3.

Hatsodoom
Sep 30, 2014, 03:24 PM
Ok, lemme put this another way. Before Episode 3, I had no lag. Now I do. Nothing has changed hardware/connection wise.

Chdata
Sep 30, 2014, 03:30 PM
Yeah no. Everyone in the Apos MPAs saw the result of the server lag. The symptoms are unavoidable. If you seriously haven't noticed them then you haven't been doing very much in the first place.

Alright. These attempts at being psychic and telling other people what they are experiencing are annoying.

I've done like 4 Luthers since EP3 came out and the only "glitch" I've faced was the occasional particle effect overload that causes your JA circles to not appear.

And I only get those when Apos does his 4 tower attack. And it's been much less severe than it was in EP2.

Otherwise I don't really get much FPS lag, nor have I gotten much 'time-freeze-then-speedup connection lag' at all lately. And I'm proxying.

I mean, maybe you saw this glitch in one of the Luthers that happened in the past few days. Those ones I didn't play on. So I guess it could've been worse during those times?

Squal_FFVIII
Sep 30, 2014, 03:52 PM
I miss muh husbando Klotho. Seeing him only once a week is depressing, the money doesn't come in as fast as the old days. :(

Though this bothered me when I first heard about it, but not anymore. I feel like I actually make more money now (I do all the money making co's daily) and not having to TA daily has been more of a blessing to me than anything since I was already completely burnt out of TAing everyday.

I did 4 sets daily. 2 VH and 2 H. Now when I TA I welcome it instead of feeling like "God not this boring ass shit again...*starts to fall asleep*"

Dailies are easy, and soloable, and there's no stress in "Damn I need to find a GOOD TA PT for today". Sure TA's are soloable, but when you have atleast someone else of equal skill you cut down half the time. If you have a full group that knows what they are doing you can clear them all in like 25 mins :)

Anyway's loving not having to see Clotho everyday =P

Hexxy
Sep 30, 2014, 04:15 PM
If you do all the 180k tacos, the 160k vopar, the 230k SH co, and all 3 xqco's, you make a little over 2mil. And dailies vary between ~200-400k (give or take depending on RNG) depending on what's available. Lets just say 300k on average. You can also save any TA dailies that have "Difficulty+" on it for when you actually do them.

If you do all tacos/xq and get 300k/day for dailies, in 7 days you make ~4.2mil, give or take. 4.2m divided by 7 days is 600k, which is what a full VH/SH run of tacos would give you every day pre-ep3.

So not much has changed besides slightly more variation. If you are one of those crazy people who did every difficulty taco every day, yeah you're seeing a loss but it'd be hard to believe anyone missing doing that (especially on multiple characters).

Chdata
Sep 30, 2014, 04:43 PM
I make more now because it's not as easy to just skip dailies as it is to skip daily tacos.

pkemr4
Sep 30, 2014, 04:45 PM
wish they would beef up the payout for daily orders

Hatsodoom
Sep 30, 2014, 04:59 PM

This, exactly this. Although at this point for me, it's like an RLG: Random Lag Generator. I never know what's gonna happen.

milranduil
Sep 30, 2014, 05:01 PM
wish they would beef up the payout for daily orders

VH Rodos: 250k
SH Rodos: 130k

:wacko:

Hatsodoom
Sep 30, 2014, 06:54 PM
VH Rodos: 250k
SH Rodos: 130k

:wacko:

Wat? You sure those aren't backwards?

n_n
Sep 30, 2014, 06:59 PM
Sega mixed them up.

Maenara
Sep 30, 2014, 06:59 PM

They are not backwards.
For some reason.

Edson Drake
Sep 30, 2014, 07:03 PM
One is for killing a VH and above Bal Rodos and the other is Coast Exploration SH, meaning you need at least A rank AND kill Bal Rodos. Got to love Sega's logic.

horseship
Sep 30, 2014, 07:08 PM
Coast Exploration is a separate CO. There's two different Bal Rodos ones and a free exploration one. You could potentially do them all at once, but they never seem to give them out on the same days. So you've got to either kill Bal Rodos 3 different times a week, or save the COs until you have them all.

gigawuts
Sep 30, 2014, 07:09 PM
Coast Exploration is a separate CO. There's two different Bal Rodos ones and a free exploration one. You could potentially do them all at once, but they never seem to give them out on the same days. So you've got to either kill Bal Rodos 3 different times a week, or save the COs until you have them all.

Which is what I do.

Yes, I've had all 3 at once.

horseship
Sep 30, 2014, 07:12 PM
I save them too. Nothing more aggravating than seeing a Snow Banther daily and then a Tundra Exploration daily the next day.

Dnd
Sep 30, 2014, 07:49 PM
I generally have 20-30 DO's on both my chars, i do them whenever i get bored or something, leading to amusing things like this
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/7357/71Tf9M.jpg

Edson Drake
Sep 30, 2014, 07:57 PM
Yeah they seem to follow a pattern. I wish it would be more randomised, some of the quests seem to repeat a little too much.

But yeah stacking them is useful. But at least we have something to do, I definitely prefer this over endless Tacos.

gigawuts
Sep 30, 2014, 08:21 PM
My daily order record was gigawuts last week, with 36. 36 worthwhile dailies - all 90k and up, or daily TA orders.

It was mostly because I was playing on another char since ep 3 came out.

Hexxy
Sep 30, 2014, 08:32 PM
I thought about piling DO's but there's a catch. You might miss doing the DO again if it shows up on a day you were holding it. So for anything thats 100k+ I'll do them right then and there.

UnLucky
Sep 30, 2014, 08:50 PM
True story: I held onto the 250k Bal Rodos DO for several cycles and I'm not even mad.

Kondibon
Sep 30, 2014, 08:51 PM
Considering how much of a pain in the ass Bal is to fight, I don't blame you.

Maenara
Sep 30, 2014, 09:13 PM
Bal Rodos and Blu Ringahda are both significantly easier to solo than fight in a party due to the changing stun times.

Walkure
Sep 30, 2014, 09:17 PM
Does Blu Ringhda's stun duration include friend partners, too?

pkemr4
Sep 30, 2014, 09:19 PM
Considering how much of a pain in the ass Bal is to fight, I don't blame you.
bal rodos is easy

Bellion
Sep 30, 2014, 09:22 PM
Does Blu Ringhda's stun duration include friend partners, too?

Oddly enough, nope.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 30, 2014, 09:25 PM
Who the fuck actually misses pre-episode 3? Half the classes sucked balls vs how the classes are now and there's actually more to do then just run the same time attacks every day and just sit for a EQ. Why in the hell anyone would miss that is baffling.

DrCatco
Sep 30, 2014, 09:29 PM
On the lag topic, I really don't perceive more lag than before, at least on my side. And I'm playing with a 4 years old toaster (a good toaster, but a toaster nonetheless).

Speak for yourselves. These hacking chrome dragons are getting out of hand.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/uRkAHTj.png[/spoiler-box]

Additionally, I had two different Apos Dorios MPAs this past DFL EQ where Apos Dorios' ultimate attack both succeeded AND failed, killing almost everybody despite all towers being broken, and THEN falling to the ground. 'Scalled server lag.

Heh, I remember when Apos bugged hard. We broke the towers, but took 2 whole minutes before we could attack the fallen Apos Dorios, 'cause he kept throwing fireballs. After that, the bug remained, and this happened:

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/KqucvcK.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I once was a God.

Kondibon
Sep 30, 2014, 09:34 PM
bal rodos is easy
It's also boring as fuck. I never said it was hard. Just a pain in the ass.

Who the fuck actually misses pre-episode 3? Half the classes sucked balls vs how the classes are now and there's actually more to do then just run the same time attacks every day and just sit for a EQ. Why in the hell anyone would miss that is baffling.The OP seems to be talking about the lag that got worse after episode 3. Which makes the thread title a bit misleading.

I notice it sometimes, and I want it gone obviously, but if I had to chose between lagging during EQs and going back to Ep. 2 I'd stick with the lag.

Chdata
Sep 30, 2014, 09:45 PM
Bal Rodos is easier in a party unless you can OHKO with one hook while solo.

GreenArcher
Sep 30, 2014, 09:52 PM
Who the fuck actually misses pre-episode 3? Half the classes sucked balls vs how the classes are now and there's actually more to do then just run the same time attacks every day and just sit for a EQ. Why in the hell anyone would miss that is baffling.

You mean do 1-3 daily orders then sit for an EQ?

milranduil
Sep 30, 2014, 10:14 PM
Bal Rodos is easier in a party unless you can OHKO with one hook while solo.

Bo, Fi, Ra, Fo, even Te all can kill with one hook if you don't screw up.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 30, 2014, 10:17 PM
You mean do 1-3 daily orders then sit for an EQ?

so do the weekly TAs and weekly XQ COs aswell as the dailys along with going for stars atm...so yeah theres shit to do besides 1-3 daily COs unless your one of those 1 character only players. if so then good luck

Xaeris
Sep 30, 2014, 10:28 PM
Bo, Fi, Ra, Fo, even Te all can kill with one hook if you don't screw up.

Gunner too.

Kondibon
Sep 30, 2014, 10:30 PM
Bo, Fi, Ra, Fo, even Te all can kill with one hook if you don't screw up.In SH at level 55?

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 30, 2014, 10:31 PM
In SH at level 55?

pretty much if your gear and trees don't suck ass

milranduil
Sep 30, 2014, 10:43 PM
Gunner too.

I forgot that class existed since the nerfed it into oblivion :( chain still gets the job done though.

SakoHaruo
Sep 30, 2014, 10:45 PM
I didn't know people were still unaware of each class feats. :wacko:

Bellion
Sep 30, 2014, 10:48 PM
May as well put every class.
Hunter has Holding Current and those HCWL are usable by Fi and Br.
Fi/Br>Br/Hu>Hu/Br katana

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 30, 2014, 10:59 PM
Ra/Br is a breeze i usually kill it once it lands. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZxntuNbQjo

Hobu
Sep 30, 2014, 11:14 PM
Ra/Br is a breeze i usually kill it once it lands. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZxntuNbQjo

Daaaamn. This is a recent video?

airprinzh2o
Sep 30, 2014, 11:20 PM
Wow how do you hit 6 digits when your normal attack is like 500ish???

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 30, 2014, 11:23 PM
Well its not my Video but i learn't from it, i can do the exact same thing, It was posted 4months ago. The only thing that can mess that up is Server lag.

milranduil
Sep 30, 2014, 11:26 PM
Wow how do you hit 6 digits when your normal attack is like 500ish???

The bomb (Banish Arrow) adds up all the damage during the 3 seconds that it is activated (activates when the enemy takes damage), then deals that accumulated damage back again when it explodes.

airprinzh2o
Sep 30, 2014, 11:28 PM
Well its not my Video but i learn't from it, i can do the exact same thing, It was posted 4months ago. The only thing that can mess that up is Server lag.

So what do you have to do? My braver only hits 5 digits at most despite being level 70 = =

Hobu
Sep 30, 2014, 11:30 PM
I didn't know people were still unaware of each class feats. :wacko:

I am kinda painfully unaware as to how strong range classes with WB on. I heard Rangers got nerfed, but holy crap. They still got it. Then again, anything that hits crazy numbers on weak spots were kinda expected to do that.

Z-0
Sep 30, 2014, 11:31 PM
Rangers never got nerfed, they only got buffed, just like FO. WB, Satellite Cannon and Cosmos Breaker might be weaker, but they change pretty much nothing.

Hexxy
Sep 30, 2014, 11:34 PM
I used to do the 30sec run with pre-nerf shunka. I haven't been able to do it since then. I can get to the low-strength message now with Hatou but the stun is usually gone by that point.

Xaelouse
Oct 1, 2014, 12:00 AM
Poor bal rodos. Hopefully the new field does everyone's favorite sandbag some justice.

SakoHaruo
Oct 1, 2014, 12:21 AM
Poor bal rodos. Hopefully the new field does everyone's favorite sandbag some justice.

Good attacks will get nerfed, shit bosses gonna stay shit. However, accessories will continue to level up. o3o

I would love to fight three DragonEX at the same time. Fuck, someone create a trainer so I can spawn an endless amount of bosses in one field. Then I'll be able to create my own challenges. ._.b

UnLucky
Oct 1, 2014, 12:23 AM
Rangers never got nerfed, they only got buffed, just like FO. WB, Satellite Cannon and Cosmos Breaker might be weaker, but they change pretty much nothing.
WB got nerfed but WHA got buffed to compensate.

1.25*1.25*3 = 4.69
1.35*1.35*2.55 = 4.65

Nothing has changed.

SakoHaruo
Oct 1, 2014, 12:26 AM
That feel when I can't one shot Vol wing anymore. D:

But I can S.Cannon - > Impact that faggot. Mahaha D:<

TaigaUC
Oct 1, 2014, 01:39 AM
JP friends and I have been lagging.
Luther's time-stop screwing up, Apos Dorios' pillars screwing up, etc.
Enemies teleporting, crap like that.
Not to mention SEGA attempting to address the issue.

It's not even because of scheduled Despair or anything like that.
Maybe the server can't handle the extra information of character accessory placement!
I'm sure that returning players are part of the lag.
Some of my JP friends who seemed to have quit have come back to play episode 3.

In regards to current class strength/playability/effectiveness...
Going from what I've seen and played, I'm guessing it'd go something like this:
1. Na Barta/Ice caster. Kills stuff so fast that it's ridiculous. Incoming nerf, though. Also doesn't work against Elder.
2. Ranger in general. So many ways to be effective in so many situations.
3. Fire caster? I've only played a little of my friend's fire caster with that 11 star fire latent rod. It seemed strong.
4. Braver (Katana or Bow). Braver still feels versatile/effective. Hatou Rindou feels weaker for some reason, but I'm told it hasn't been changed.
5. Dual Blade Bouncer spamming Photon Blade Fever. High consistent damage, but lacking in burst damage.
6. Fighter, on bosses? Not sure, as I still can't seem to get the hang of Fighter.
7. Gu/Hu still seems okay.
8. Partisan Hunter? I've been trying it out, but I'm not great at it yet.

I have very good gear for almost all of the classes. Not-so-great Ranger gear (old 10 stars), but they still feel very strong.
I don't really know where Wired Lance, Sword, Jet Boots or Melee Techer would place. I haven't tried much of Melee Techer in episode 3 yet.
I know Conspire runs around flattening stuff, but he was doing that before episode 3.

During the interrupt event last week, I tried soloing SH Bal Lodos as Fo/Te, Br/Ra and Ra/Hu.
Elysion Na Barta was the easiest. I was able to just pump Na Barta in his face and killed him in a single harpoon.
I'm still new to Br/Ra or Ra/Br, but that seemed second easiest (using a near-maxed NavTorus).
Ra/Hu wasn't as great, but I think I screwed up.

GreenArcher
Oct 1, 2014, 07:59 AM
so do the weekly TAs and weekly XQ COs aswell as the dailys along with going for stars atm...so yeah theres shit to do besides 1-3 daily COs unless your one of those 1 character only players. if so then good luck

Getting stars has nothing to do with episode 3. It is a lackluster event that will be gone in a few days, then we will resume doing our daily COs and sitting for an EQ just like before episode 3.

Hexxy
Oct 1, 2014, 08:51 AM
create my own challenges. ._.b

Micdas. Thousands of them.

Hatsodoom
Oct 1, 2014, 09:01 AM
Anyone know if the maintenence fixed the server load, or have they not gotten to that yet? I didn't see anything that said Sega stated anything about it, only a reward/compensation for the test.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 1, 2014, 01:02 PM
Getting stars has nothing to do with episode 3. It is a lackluster event that will be gone in a few days, then we will resume doing our daily COs and sitting for an EQ just like before episode 3.

So you only have one character I take it?

Z-0
Oct 1, 2014, 01:18 PM
No, Green Archer has like 6, and I'm not sure what having more characters has to do with anything -- you still do the same boring stuff on all of them.

TaigaUC
Oct 2, 2014, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I have 8 characters, many of them maxed or near max.
I spend most of my PSO2 time sitting around, waiting for stuff to happen.
I do XQ/TA once a week for most of them. That's about it.
Oh, and I like to collect easy dailies and knock them all down at once for big cash.

Sitting around waiting for stuff kinda reminds me of WoW's shitty battleground queues that never popped.

Zorua
Oct 2, 2014, 10:04 PM
I miss episode 1... Back when people would dick around in free exploration for hours.

gigawuts
Oct 2, 2014, 10:29 PM
I miss limited quests.

I said a while ago that they should have rotating limited quests (daily or weekly) of either free fields or planet fields (for an example, three days in a row might have tundra that spawns all naberius enemies, caves that spawns all amduscia enemies, then ruins that spawns all naberius enemies). This would be to keep it attractive for different people.

The daily featured quests fit one of those descriptions, but isn't really capturing what I'd wanted. I guess a spawn size and/or code boost is in order.

Also a change to the map generation - bigger and more interconnected, please.

I'm fairly sure people will run featured quests if they have more diverse spawns, one area, and use the point system that previous LQs used. It'd be a lot better than the MPAs of olde IMO, since those were the same field until the next best thing came out (which bored a lot of people into abandoning MPAs for good).

UnLucky
Oct 2, 2014, 11:02 PM
I miss when EQs lasted a full hour and the next EQ could pop up a half hour later

With none of this IR nonsense which take up several consecutive EQ timeslots

wefwq
Oct 2, 2014, 11:53 PM
I miss episode 1 where all players running in circle to farm exp and rares all day long.

I still remember when i running H cave exploration until i hit level 40, PSE burst happen every 15 mins or so and junks price are actually pretty decent to be vendored.

UnLucky
Oct 3, 2014, 12:01 AM
When is the last time anyone's ever maxed out a map's spawns and had to reset the MPA?

KazukiQZ
Oct 3, 2014, 12:59 AM
^Iirc, when Quarry was released, cos I remembered circling around the free field farming for Anti Android Rifle, or any of the newly-released katanas lol

The situation didn't happen to Seabed's debut, I think xD

wefwq
Oct 3, 2014, 01:13 AM
There still few group that runs seabed when it's released, but only in less than a month the map died, same with sanctum when it released.

UnLucky
Oct 3, 2014, 01:19 AM
Nobody MPA farms Japan since they all just rush the boss.

Maenara
Oct 3, 2014, 04:35 AM
It makes leveling a pain in the ass.