PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Party Intrusion

WarlordMoose
Oct 1, 2014, 07:54 AM
For those of you who have played C9 then you'll know what I'm talking about

So basically party intrusion is when a player/party of players can enter another party's mission and try to kill them while they are doing their mission in the dungeon. But here's the catch, the number of intruders may not exceed the number of players in the other party and the intruders may not be resurrected either. Players must be a certain level to intrude on other parties or to be intruded by other parties

So I thought this idea could be a lot a better and well suited for pso2 instead of an arena style PVP. It would allow for some friendly competition and teamwork in parties taking down intruders. And this won't make the community competitive like PVP would. What are your thoughts :D

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 1, 2014, 08:07 AM

So basically party intrusion is when a player/party of players can enter another party's mission and try to kill them while they are doing their mission in the dungeon. But here's the catch, the number of intruders may not exceed the number of players in the other party and the intruders may not be resurrected either. Players must be a certain level to intrude on other parties or to be intruded by other parties

So I thought this idea could be a lot a better and well suited for pso2 instead of an arena style PVP. It would allow for some friendly competition and teamwork in parties taking down intruders. And this won't make the community competitive like PVP would. What are your thoughts :D

I don't think this is a good idea. Would be some major rage if people are trying to complete some COs only to have it ruined by some PKs. Also, it wouldn't be balanced despite the level req because what if you pit a party of average players (decent builds and gear but nothing to write home about) against a party with op builds and gear to the max?

I just don't think this would be viable in PSO2's current state.

landman
Oct 1, 2014, 08:11 AM
That's exactly how Dark Souls PVP works, and you lose much more in dark souls with death. And Dark Souls pvp is quite popular, even being extremely broken.

Kondibon
Oct 1, 2014, 08:14 AM
This is a terrible idea. I want it.

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 1, 2014, 08:16 AM
Fair enough, but that's Dark Souls, a game that boasts about itself being punishing. Meanwhile, this is PSO2, which is a walk in the park and barely a challenge at all. Sure, we've got Ultimate Quests coming later on but they're not gonna be Dark Souls difficulty, I can tell you that.

Hexxy
Oct 1, 2014, 08:42 AM
What stops me from going up to a 4 player party, turning on KC/CE so no one can run from me or hurt me, and spamming kanran to one-shot everyone? This would be incredibly rage-inducing.

It works in Dark Souls for reasons said above, but PSO2 is a much, much more casual game.

Kondibon
Oct 1, 2014, 08:43 AM
What stops me from going up to a 4 player party, turning on KC/CE so no one can run from me or hurt me, and spamming kanran to one-shot everyone? This would be incredibly rage-inducing.That's why it has to happen.

Hexxy
Oct 1, 2014, 08:59 AM
That's why it has to happen.

PSO2: Ultimate Rage Quests
If you get killed, you drop a Blue Player Crystal (instead of a Red Boss Crystal), and the enemy can get your stuff.

Fund it!

isCasted
Oct 1, 2014, 09:06 AM
I don't usually go full @$$ when criticising things, but DAMN this idea is the worst.

It's not even about game engine, PAs, skills and even stats being not balanced for PvP (for this kind of fights everything is supposed to). I am talking about the fact that we all belong to organization that works together to fight evil in entire universe, so this absolutely has no reason to exist (unless this feature would lead to account ban, which is pretty much same as firing from ARKS).

WarlordMoose
Oct 1, 2014, 09:33 AM
I'm tired of a soldier of ARKS, im tired of being a hero. I wanna be a villian and rule the universe :D mwahahaha

Edson Drake
Oct 1, 2014, 11:17 AM
a.k.a. known as griefing. Grief is the bane of games that allow PvP, nothing worse than just going your own way and bam!, someone appears and ruins it. No place for it in this game.

Punisher106
Oct 1, 2014, 11:33 AM
a.k.a. known as griefing. Grief is the bane of games that allow PvP, nothing worse than just going your own way and bam!, someone appears and ruins it. No place for it in this game.

This. Get out. Now.

Rien
Oct 1, 2014, 11:56 AM
It's because of people like you that panic grief was invented and then nerfed.

Vintasticvin
Oct 1, 2014, 12:16 PM
As Guardian Of The Forums I say, NO! PvP has no place here maybe back in pso1 and psu but not in pso2!

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2014, 12:19 PM
I'm putting up a multi-hit razan craft and a level 3 rafoie for anyone who wants to be prepared for this.

RadiantLegend
Oct 1, 2014, 12:31 PM
I don't support ruining my day when all I want to do is complete my dailies.
Unless it's XQs or SHAQs then I wouldn't mind.

Sp-24
Oct 1, 2014, 12:32 PM
Invasion Pass (30 Days): 1600 AC

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2014, 12:40 PM
Invasion Pass (30 Days): 1600 AC

Invasion Doll: 150 AC
Invasion Doll(3): 400 AC
Invasion Doll(5): 600 AC http://i.imgur.com/kfB7DBW.png

Nitro Vordex
Oct 1, 2014, 12:58 PM
Clones called. They want you to stop outsourcing.

Vintasticvin
Oct 1, 2014, 01:00 PM
I don't support ruining my day when all I want to do is complete my dailies.
Unless it's XQs or SHAQs then I wouldn't mind.

^This and a on/off Switch for friendly fire :p

Gama
Oct 1, 2014, 01:41 PM

the result would be everyone locking their parties and mpa's.

jooozek
Oct 1, 2014, 01:42 PM
this game doesnt need any kind of dumb pvp, especially when the playing field isn't even thanks to the abyssmal droprates at ability to buy good weapons hidden behind a paywall

Hexxy
Oct 1, 2014, 02:10 PM
the result would be everyone locking their parties and mpa's.

Invader status would bypass this. You can't escape.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 1, 2014, 02:19 PM
If it's anything like DKS, sucky Invaders who are getting beat will just hide behind a horde of enemies, or only start their attack when a boss appears in field.

I'd love to see that tbh.

Sp-24
Oct 1, 2014, 02:22 PM
That sounds like a very elaborate way to make an AC Shop item that would extend the black list capacity desirable.

Nikoshae
Oct 1, 2014, 02:27 PM
I stopped playing the first Dark Souls because of the whole invasion thing lol ... so I wouldn't enjoy it if that came to PSO2.

Hey, think of me what you will, but I prefer to choose when I PvP versus it just happening. I like PSO2 as it is. If I want to PvP I play a different game specifically for that ;)

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 1, 2014, 02:43 PM
I stopped playing the first Dark Souls because of the whole invasion thing lol ... so I wouldn't enjoy it if that came to PSO2.

D:
Just stay Hollow, there's no real penalty for it like in DKS2 (Least in DeS it gave you an attack boost with your HP decrease).

But yeah, if Invasions in this game were a thing, nevermind the invading party not being able to revive, don't let them heal either outside of Latents that allow them to do so.

Gama
Oct 1, 2014, 03:06 PM

it would put me off and demand sega to make pvp free blocks.

pvp is stupid for this game stop trying to implement other games mechanics into pso2.

landman
Oct 1, 2014, 03:08 PM
What if that was only available in one or two blocks? of course there are players that don't like invasions in dark souls, in that case their solution is to play offline (and reconnect before the boss if you need help). But there are players who like it, who like to beat the invaders, and invade others.

NotRankin
Oct 1, 2014, 03:09 PM
At least I could make certain people's lives hell.

Horo..

Hexxy
Oct 1, 2014, 03:20 PM
it would put me off and demand sega to make pvp free blocks.

pvp is stupid for this game stop trying to implement other games mechanics into pso2.

Oh don't misunderstand me, I don't want it either. I'm just adding to why it would end poorly.

(Not to mention the flood of HUEHUEHUE the game would get within a week of implementation.)

Chdata
Oct 1, 2014, 03:33 PM
Why is everyone in this thread seriously assuming that if this were made, they'd just allow it to happen on any block and on any mission?

God it's like people don't understand game design. Programmers can add restrictions to how things are done.

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2014, 03:37 PM
Why is everyone in this thread seriously assuming that if this were made, they'd just allow it to happen on any block and on any mission?

God it's like people don't understand game design. Programmers can add restrictions to how things are done.

Are you implying Sega is a master of game design and would think it through enough to implement it not only properly, but fully?

Because that's a huge stretch. People here are accounting for Sakai's Law, which states that any design decision that can go wrong will go wrong.

Chdata
Oct 1, 2014, 03:38 PM
I figure that it'd be done with at least some thought. Their updates aren't always completely horrible. I figure it'd be done 'okayish' with some annoying flaws but nothing that'd make it completely stupid/annoying/pointless for people who don't want this kind of thing.

Drifting Fable
Oct 1, 2014, 04:42 PM
OP confirmed for wanting to play as a D-ARKs clone.

I hope you like getting face rolled by Il Megid and Katana Combat combined with the delays of a foreign connection that your opponent may or may not suffer from bouo b . . . Because the day Sega releases a great PvP system in a Phantasy Star game is the day I roll around at the speed of slow.

Dragon_Knight
Oct 1, 2014, 09:58 PM
I figure that it'd be done with at least some thought. Their updates aren't always completely horrible. I figure it'd be done 'okayish' with some annoying flaws but nothing that'd make it completely stupid/annoying/pointless for people who don't want this kind of thing.

Not sure what you define as "okayish" but when sega has an idea too-awesome-to-fail, it not only winds up failing but burning down some houses while its at it. Crafting was an awesome idea implemented with some thought...and except for technics its considered by and large stupid/annoying/pointless. Hell I've been kicked out of PUGs and excluded from Team TACOs because I dared to use a crafted weapon. Now even the technics might be pointless considering my team leader has said (not sure where they got their info from) that crafting is going to have a major re-balancing in the near future, possibly due to the broken amounts of nabarta damage you can make if you max out everything in one specific way.

Drop that failure of forethought into an idea where Darker Clones controlled by players roam mission areas willy nilly and you have a a full on Segac moment. For the first few weeks they wouldn't have separate blocks for PvP and Non-PvP, so any asshat with an e-peen the size Falz elders arms would be running around shanking everyone they could find with whatever broken combo they've tuned themselves to and no one would be able to do anything about it. You just play it like you're in a Lovecraft novel and hope the dark player gods don't take notice of you. Add any incentive at all to invade another players game and your problem just tripled. Once they DO separate blocks into PvP/Non-PvP you will be lucky to get into the Care Bear blocks (if that's your play style). Otherwise they will "rebalance" either PAs or the PvP system itself where suddenly you need 20 of a specific item AND pay 400k meseta to either invade someones place or possibly ward off invaders depending on how Dudu Sega wants to go at the time.

If this sounds overly dramatic...you may be right...but I'm not crazy. PSO/PSP2 had PvP modes before, and basically all you had to do in those modes was hope you were lucky enough to get good drops and wipe the field. If you were a force all you needed was Zonde, you could lock on through walls and if they were hit with shock all they could do was run away crying while you dropped bolts from above like the fist of an angry god.

Out of all the PvP modes PSO has had over the years, I think normal mission PvP (where you could directly target or accidentally hit other players with AoE attacks/techs while doing area runs. Made for hilarity) and the lobby soccer (where the ball just kinda did its own thing when you bumped into it) were the best. Both seemed geared towards causal ideas and plenty of beer drinking and general fun having.

Chdata
Oct 1, 2014, 10:02 PM
I just can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to just make PvP suddenly possible to happen in an area with no restrictions as to who you can just fight.

Seriously, even trying to pretend I'm a SEGA dev I can only imagine them making it bad by making it just a clone of XQs where you have to pay a limitedly obtained pass to take part in. No matter what the case people will know they'll be doing PvP and will be equipped to fight each other rather than enemies.

yoshiblue
Oct 1, 2014, 10:09 PM
You can PvP alright. But you can only use your bare fists. http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/emoticon-2868-src-5a7a81bb829e1a4c-28x28.png

Dragon_Knight
Oct 1, 2014, 10:17 PM
I just can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to just make PvP suddenly possible to happen in an area with no restrictions as to who you can just fight.

But they have in PSO games past, granted in PSO GC it was mostly arena combat so you started out at lv 1 with a basic set of equipment and foie if you were a force. But outside of a lving dynamic where the more you killed the higher your lv went (thus making it harder for the sap you killed to kill YOU) it was unrestricted. You could have four forces square off or four hunters, or one poor HUmar being smacked by three FOnewarls. And in the normal mission PvP it could be considered slightly worse because there you had access to all your weapons and lvs. If you were "helping" a lv 1 guy while you were 200 with a sealed J-Sword you could theoretically troll him till he left.

Also as far a half thought ideas went Sega is the company that when PSO ver 1 started out they made you drop your equipped weapon and meseta when you died for anyone to pick up. Lots of people found lots of creative ways to steal other peoples gear whether by cheating or not.

Syklo
Oct 1, 2014, 11:45 PM
I have played C9, and I'd like to point out the key element that you didn't describe there:

The host of the party/session can disallow invasion

Now that's out of the way, this still wouldn't work.
Why?
-Multi party areas: how are you going to determine max invaders? is an MPA going to have up to 24 people at a time?
-Hybrid missions: Some missions have both SPAs and MPAs - who's SPA will you be invading, or will you get your own instance?
-Redundancy: It may as well just be friendly fire, since you'll still get e-codes as the invader, but because you're an invader, involvement would actually make everyone more likely to lose on the e trial.
Also, we already have CODE:CLONE.
-Campship: You can reenter the mission as many times as you want
-Plothole: Unless the game includes some option where a player can become one of the "D-Arkers", this wouldn't make sense.
-Pointless: the reason invasions were actually worth doing in C9 is because of the stamina system - You could still invade and take over other instances, in effect running an instance at the expense of other players' stamina. There is no restriction on playtime in pso2, so invasions are just...........pointless.

Chdata
Oct 1, 2014, 11:55 PM
MPA: 12/12

Already a no.

They're have to either allow 6 person parties or have 4 parties in the MPA that can only be one of the following:

2+4 vs 2+4
3+3 vs 3+3
1+1+4 vs 1+1+1+1+2
And similar combinations that make for vary discordian PK partying.

And you can't have

1+5 vs 1+5...
or
6 vs 6

Unless sega makes 6 player partying just for this.

PVP mpas would be 8/8. Like an AQ, but another party can join. Or it becomes a 2v2. I figure 8v8 is more realistic because it's even, and they can stick to having a max of 4 in a party.

At this point it's its own special type of quest. PKQ - Player Killing Quest

Why would there be e-trials when you already know it's a PKQ and the point is to kill other players?

Campship: But like in XQ, you can never go back in if someone retires.

Plothole: lol gaming > plot

Anyway, they could do it like Spiral Knights PvP. They could do it like Kirby Air Ride / Super Smash Bros Wii-U PvP challenges where you kill mobs, collect powerups, and fight with those powerups at the end.

Hobu
Oct 2, 2014, 01:44 AM
I'm not bothered with this at all. If SEGA implemented this, its gonna be fun. Unless I'm gonna drop my stuff, then I couldn't care less if I get intruders in my room. I played Dark Souls and C9, so even with the horrid system with PS games, I don't mind this at all.

Chdata
Oct 2, 2014, 01:57 AM
Crafting materials will become welfare armor (drops as the meseta it costs to make them) and it'll basically be the Rune Armor of pso2pvp.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 2, 2014, 02:17 AM
I'm tired of a soldier of ARKS, im tired of being a hero. I wanna be a villian and rule the universe :D mwahahaha

[SPOILER-BOX]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7c/Overlord_pc_uk.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Problem solved. Shoo shoo.

Hrith
Oct 2, 2014, 03:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zNjQecyjE8

TaigaUC
Oct 2, 2014, 06:30 PM
Sounds like how Code: Clone used to work.
They sometimes spawned next to you and instantly one shotted your entire party before you even saw them.
It used to take 5-10 minutes to kill them because of their ridiculous HP pool and auto self-healing.

I never seem to see them anymore.
Probably partly because SEGA is phasing out Single Party areas.

Speaking of broken Codes, how about those Code: Captures that always tell you to capture after the boss is already dead?
They ought to rename them to "Code: Random Failure".

Dragon_Knight
Oct 2, 2014, 09:21 PM
Speaking of broken Codes, how about those Code: Captures that always tell you to capture after the boss is already dead?

Ahhh yes the infamous "capture" code. I've run into a few myself where they tell me to kill it and I start the beatdown only to actually kill it by the time it switches over to capture. Or where I have two captures at once and they start fighting each other so I have to kill one. Then by the time I've actually killed one of the targets the other is on deaths door where it gets owned by a random mob or the time has run out.

In all honesty though...good job Sega for perfectly emulating military orders and expectations. *thumbs up*

Cadfael
Oct 2, 2014, 09:31 PM
I'm not bothered with this at all. If SEGA implemented this, its gonna be fun. Unless I'm gonna drop my stuff, then I couldn't care less if I get intruders in my room. I played Dark Souls and C9, so even with the horrid system with PS games, I don't mind this at all.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really fit the mood or the gameplay of PSO2, it wouldn't be balanced, nor would it be particularly fun for most people except those who are overgeared.

In short, it would be a griefers' paradise.

gigawuts
Oct 2, 2014, 10:25 PM
I don't get all the hate for griefers. They're usually pretty easy to deal with and a hell of a lot of fun to be.

Cadfael
Oct 2, 2014, 10:41 PM
I don't get all the hate for griefers. They're usually pretty easy to deal with and a hell of a lot of fun to be.

It's the malicious intent towards purposely ruining other peoples' experiences that I'm sure people dislike. If it's a game mechanic, and it can be avoided, then whatever.

gigawuts
Oct 2, 2014, 10:46 PM
It's the malicious intent towards purposely ruining other peoples' experiences that I'm sure people dislike. If it's a game mechanic, and it can be avoided, then whatever.

I suppose. I just don't really get being legitimately upset about that sort of thing. It's kind of a given that you're going to run into people like that. It just seems like wasted energy.

It's better to just take it in stride, and understand that that's part of the game. You know what you're getting into when you sign in. Well, in games were griefing, trolling, and scamming are permitted, anyway.

UnLucky
Oct 2, 2014, 11:17 PM
I'd love to go into solo parties and cheat them out of an S rank with hitscan air juggles.

Even better if they lost something more than time.

People still intentionally fail those that started out as Capture from the beginning, so the whole code is broken. I complain about it in every survey I've done, but all they did was to add some exclusive drops...

And Code Collect, too. Huge waste of time for little reward; the biggest incentive to clear it is so a better code can take its place. All they'd really have to change is make the collectibles count as soon as you pick them up, without the little receptacle thing, sorta like the door keys except obviously without the door.

gigawuts
Oct 2, 2014, 11:20 PM
Classic Sega design: Players complain that this is too tedious, so let's reward them for putting up with it instead of reducing the tediousness!

Rien
Oct 3, 2014, 12:59 AM
they're climbin' your campships

snatching yo missions up

(cookie for ref)

WildarmsRE5
Oct 3, 2014, 09:22 AM
You can PvP alright. But you can only use your bare fists.I like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUs-ITmi_u4