PDA

View Full Version : GameGuard bug

darkangel9866
Oct 5, 2014, 01:55 PM
I recently installed Windows 10 to my PC, and many of my apps had to be removed so yeah. But some games like PSO2 and LoL could still be opened however, while spending sometime in PSO2 the game freezes and it shows up NP1002. I was told this error was from gameguard, and was wondering what do i have to do.
Any help would be appreciated. Do I have to re-install the whole game? :c

Poyonche
Oct 5, 2014, 02:18 PM
I had this issue but without windows 10

Go to PSO2 folder and delete gameguard folder, then launch thé game, it should reonstall gameguard files ans you may not encounter this error anymore

darkangel9866
Oct 5, 2014, 02:56 PM
Didn't work :C

Zellith
Oct 5, 2014, 05:34 PM
This reddit (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/If you're encountering these errors, chances are you're on Windows 7 64-Bit like myself... But are you really? These issues are commonly attributed to nProtects Gameguard, and my fix involved re-enabling a disabled DEP. This will be only relevant if on your Data Execution Prevention tab, the options are greyed out... I think. I use an infamous Counterstrike: Source hack called 'RoyalHack'. To use it in the past, you had to install a dedicated version of Windows 7; ANOTHER BOOT. [See MSCONFIG --> BOOT] After changing my default to just Windows 7 and restarting, I have 0 issues. Just wanted to share my fix for it. I hope some people googling these issues stumble upon this. Also, first post, sorry for the garbled words.) page says, that NP1002 can be caused by using Cheat Software
i.e RoyalHack on CounterStrike.

NotRankin
Oct 5, 2014, 05:36 PM
I was never able to fix it on the machine I installed Windows 10 to, best to stay on 7/8/8.1 until 10 is fully released (It's also a technical preview, hope you didn't install it on your regular machine lol)

Aeris
Oct 5, 2014, 06:12 PM
This issue pretty much happened back then when win 8 got released for testing and had problems with GG due to no support for it, stick with 7/8.1 until its full release for support.

darkangel9866
Oct 5, 2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah, imma get back to 8.1. Tried re-installing the whole thing. meh. thank you everyone!