PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Please help, Cant connect to PSO2 since DDOS

Dreamcast95
Oct 5, 2014, 06:52 PM
Hello, please help, i have been having problems with PSO2 since DDOS, i cant even visit the website without using a jp online unblocker. i eventually uninstalled my game months ago, but now i re-installed it using an old downloader file from the PSO2.jp website and it seems to update the launcher from the old pic to the episode 2 picture but then says "Failed to download the latest version. From, wait for a while, please try to connect again. WinHTTP Error:12002 [No.103]" So my question is how do i get back in the game? is the game still messed up or is it just me?

Totori
Oct 5, 2014, 06:59 PM
It's your ISP, the only way you'll be able to play the game, or access the site is through a VPN or Proxy program. It's not just you.

mysticalre
Oct 5, 2014, 07:00 PM
would recommend following this guide
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

Dreamcast95
Oct 5, 2014, 07:02 PM
would recommend following this guide
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

Thanks everyone. would just hate to end up paying a subscription for a F2P game. :\
But that seems to be the main option sadly.

Punisher106
Oct 5, 2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks everyone. would just hate to end up paying a subscription for a F2P game. :\
But that seems to be the main option sadly.

Aida, up there, just gave you your saving grace. Arks-layer.com has EVERYTHING you need.

Dreamcast95
Oct 5, 2014, 07:05 PM
Get the setup from Arks-Layer, and use the PSO2 Tweaker to update it. Once updated, activate the PSO2Proxy (Google it) or use the AWS method, and you'll be set :)

Aida, up there, just gave you your saving grace. Arks-layer.com has EVERYTHING you need.

Sweet! just what i need! Thanks a lot everyone

AlVaRo0515
Oct 7, 2014, 08:07 AM
Hello, please help, i have been having problems with PSO2 since DDOS, i cant even visit the website without using a jp online unblocker. i eventually uninstalled my game months ago, but now i re-installed it using an old downloader file from the PSO2.jp website and it seems to update the launcher from the old pic to the episode 2 picture but then says "Failed to download the latest version. From, wait for a while, please try to connect again. WinHTTP Error:12002 [No.103]" So my question is how do i get back in the game? is the game still messed up or is it just me?

Welcome to VPN land, you are now one of us! :wacko:

the_importer_
Oct 7, 2014, 08:35 AM
I still don't get why they's only banning certain ISPs. Do they go by the amount of players coming form a certain ISP? Anyway, I thank my lucky star every day that I only had to deal with this VPN crap for a week before being able to connect normally.

Sizustar
Oct 7, 2014, 09:10 AM
I still don't get why they's only banning certain ISPs. Do they go by the amount of players coming form a certain ISP? Anyway, I thank my lucky star every day that I only had to deal with this VPN crap for a week before being able to connect normally.

There is no ISP ban.

apsalari
Oct 7, 2014, 09:21 AM
Sadly it is that SEGA uses an advanced routing protocol that many American ISPs are too stupid to understand or implement.

Yeah, that's a gross over-simplification, but that pretty much sums it up. If you want a more detailed explanation, go digging on google :-)

the_importer_
Oct 7, 2014, 09:22 AM
There is no ISP ban.

So how do explain why I'm able to log on at home but I can't even access the website at my Job which is like 10 minutes from where I live? Only difference is the ISP.

Also, why was I unable to connect for a week without VPN and right before 00:00 Eastern Time on update night, I was able to go on the website and play the game the next morning without VPN?

I_Am
Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 AM
So how do explain why I'm able to log on at home but I can't even access the website at my Job which is like 10 minutes from where I live? Only difference is the ISP.

Also, why was I unable to connect for a week without VPN and right before 00:00 Eastern Time on update night, I was able to go on the website and play the game the next morning without VPN?
There isn't a ban. As the person above you said, it's a protocol/routing issue. TWC was just fine until recently(after the DDoS) and the routing changed, so it now needs the proxy. That's really all it is, technology incompatibilities.

the_importer_
Oct 7, 2014, 10:25 AM
There isn't a ban. As the person above you said, it's a protocol/routing issue. TWC was just fine until recently(after the DDoS) and the routing changed, so it now needs the proxy. That's really all it is, technology incompatibilities.

I don't believe coincidences. The night of the update unable me to connect without VPN, I somehow doubt that my ISP did anything or even knows what PSO2 is, so SEGA did something.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3157021#post3157021

I_Am
Oct 7, 2014, 10:29 AM
I don't believe coincidences. The night of the update unable me to connect without VPN, I somehow doubt that my ISP did anything or even knows what PSO2 is, so SEGA did something.

But you believe there was a single day or maybe week ISP ban that just got lifted for no reason? If I'm a company and ban an ISP, why would I ever un-ban it?

I agree that SEGA did something, but I doubt it was something so deliberate as banning an ISP. More likely they changed their server routing and your ISP had to update the routing, which happened automatically but took time because the ISP had no idea there was an issue.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 7, 2014, 10:43 AM

its ok I have Verison FIOs and I can connect without a vpn so it must mean all ISPs are banned and just not blocked atm right?

the_importer_
Oct 7, 2014, 10:47 AM
But you believe there was a single day or maybe week ISP ban that just got lifted for no reason? If I'm a company and ban an ISP, why would I ever un-ban it?

I agree that SEGA did something, but I doubt it was something so deliberate as banning an ISP. More likely they changed their server routing and your ISP had to update the routing, which happened automatically but took time because the ISP had no idea there was an issue.

To answer your first question before editing, it makes a lot more sense than my small Canadian ISP company keeping track if people can connect to a Japanese website and game servers. SEGA could have been compiling non-Japanese ISPs that that connected to their servers during their down time un-banned the smaller ones gradually thinking that the attackers were part of the larger ones.

That being said, what you added in your reply makes a lot more sense, in fact, it makes more sense than most replies on that subject that I've read in these past months.

its ok I have Verison FIOs and I can connect without a vpn so it must mean all ISPs are banned and just not blocked atm right?

Block on banned, if it's on SEGA's end, it makes no difference, the end results are the same.

Sizustar
Oct 7, 2014, 10:49 AM

Sega do not have enough fincinial or political muscle to make international ISP change their route.

And still there is no ISP ban, all the evidence and information that have been found shows otherwise.

the_importer_
Oct 7, 2014, 10:56 AM
Sega do not have enough fincinial or political muscle to make international ISP change their route.

And still there is no ISP ban, all the evidence and information that have been found shows otherwise.

The main point is that ISPs did nothing to prevent people from connecting and they did nothing to allow people to connect again, everything had to be on SEGA's end.

Sizustar
Oct 7, 2014, 11:01 AM
The main point is that ISPs did nothing to prevent people from connecting and they did nothing to allow people to connect again, everything had to be on SEGA's end.

That is incorrect, This is not in Sega's hand.

the_importer_
Oct 7, 2014, 11:14 AM
That is incorrect, This is not in Sega's hand.

In who's hand is it then?

Sizustar
Oct 7, 2014, 11:18 AM

Sega's service provider, and the ISP and the route they use.

TWC switched their route, which is why people can't connect, nothing to do with Sega or their service provider.

NotRankin
Oct 7, 2014, 11:23 AM

Read.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29372477-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-pso2.jp-and-ISP-based-cannot-connect

the_importer_
Oct 7, 2014, 11:24 AM
Sega's service provider, and the ISP and the route they use.

TWC switched their route, which is why people can't connect, nothing to do with Sega or their service provider.

I see a contradiction here, do you see it?

Sizustar
Oct 7, 2014, 11:28 AM

Not at all

I_Am
Oct 7, 2014, 11:48 AM
The contradiction that you think is here is not. What is being said is that SEGA's routing has not changed, but that TWC changed their routing so that now the two routes do not connect. After reading the links provided(which were very informative by the way), it appears that what the actual problem is is that the ISP/Site hosting for PSO2.jp and the game server has been modified to be less visible to sources outside of Japan, which makes great sense for a game that is(technically) not supposed to be being played by non-jp residents. It's not actually an ISP block or ban but the effect seems deliberately created to be similar. It's a deliberate decrease in availability of the resource. Wow. I wasn't even aware that was possible.

Chdata
Oct 7, 2014, 11:51 AM

I don't believe coincidences.

Imposter you have no hard evidence of an IP ban and so far are ignoring evidence that it's an ISP routing problem.

the_importer_
Oct 7, 2014, 01:26 PM
The contradiction that you think is here is not. What is being said is that SEGA's routing has not changed, but that TWC changed their routing so that now the two routes do not connect. After reading the links provided(which were very informative by the way), it appears that what the actual problem is is that the ISP/Site hosting for PSO2.jp and the game server has been modified to be less visible to sources outside of Japan, which makes great sense for a game that is(technically) not supposed to be being played by non-jp residents. It's not actually an ISP block or ban but the effect seems deliberately created to be similar. It's a deliberate decrease in availability of the resource. Wow. I wasn't even aware that was possible.

Well that takes care TWC, but what about the other ISPs, especially those from outside the US? Your theory from before still makes more sense (even more than what was provided in the link) especially in my scenario where I wasn't able to connect for a week and then I was able to after the servers went offline for update on the 3rd of July.

Nope, coincidence is a word people use because they can't explain something. Also in this category, see: luck, religion and other believes. There's a reason why it started working on my end a week later and still works today.

Imposter you have no hard evidence of an IP ban and so far are ignoring evidence that it's an ISP routing problem.

You've lost all credibility when you messed up my name -_-
And no, I have no proof that there's an IP ban and it's very possible that there isn't one. What I do know is that ISPs around the world didn't start blocking us and then unblocked us. They weren't aware of the situation with PSO2 nor did they gave 2 fucks about it.

Whatever the reason was that I was able to connect again on the 3rd of July after having to use a VPN for a week (something that most people here seem to ignore), it was because of SEGA, or their ISP, or their phone company, electric company, their pet cat, Sonic ....I don't care, but it wasn't on my end nor was it my ISP or anything that was done in North America. If it was a backbone issue, then Rogers and Videotron customers (biggest cable ISPs in Eastern Canada and re-sellers to other ISPs like mine for example) would also be able to use PSO2 without a VPN, but they can't, proving that it's related to an IP range meaning it's ISP related.

I_Am
Oct 7, 2014, 02:59 PM
Okay Importer. So you have already conceded that it isn't an outright IP ban. Great. What I said in my explanation explains your issue and all others for anyone outside of Japan. Apparently there was a modification made in which IPs were being used which meant that the system itself(the base internet protocol)wouldn't propagate the correct IP outside of Japan due to what seems to amount to a naming convention-like rule(a length of IP address thing), which is what made it so that outside sources couldn't "see" the correct IP to route to. While I still believe it is a coincidence(which means that the effect was not intended or anticipated by the entity performing the action) that it blocked us out, no one is saying it is your fault or that it is an ISP ban. It seems that whoever made the change was probably just trying to make it so that traffic from within Japan would be routed with greater efficiency, and of course that's their target audience.

NotRankin
Oct 7, 2014, 03:28 PM
Well that takes care TWC, but what about the other ISPs, especially those from outside the US? Your theory from before still makes more sense (even more than what was provided in the link) especially in my scenario where I wasn't able to connect for a week and then I was able to after the servers went offline for update on the 3rd of July.

Nope, coincidence is a word people use because they can't explain something. Also in this category, see: luck, religion and other believes. There's a reason why it started working on my end a week later and still works today.

And no, I have no proof that there's an IP ban and it's very possible that there isn't one. What I do know is that ISPs around the world didn't start blocking us and then unblocked us. They weren't aware of the situation with PSO2 nor did they gave 2 fucks about it.

Whatever the reason was that I was able to connect again on the 3rd of July after having to use a VPN for a week (something that most people here seem to ignore), it was because of SEGA, or their ISP, or their phone company, electric company, their pet cat, Sonic ....I don't care, but it wasn't on my end nor was it my ISP or anything that was done in North America. If it was a backbone issue, then Rogers and Videotron customers (biggest cable ISPs in Eastern Canada and re-sellers to other ISPs like mine for example) would also be able to use PSO2 without a VPN, but they can't, proving that it's related to an IP range meaning it's ISP related.

http://i.imgur.com/1CqH2L1.jpg

Sigh. Again.
Read.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29372477-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-pso2.jp-and-ISP-based-cannot-connect

If you took the time to at least begin to understand what is displayed there (playing the animation too) :
The peering routes of Yahoo Japan into 2914 (Verio/ntt.net North America) and 6939 (he.net) seem to be disappearing at times, and are NOT seen via many peers, and the paths are unstable. No other big North American ASNs seems to peer with Yahoo Japan directly. Likewise AS 3320 (DTAG - Deutsche Telekom), a major path to Europe is only indirectly connected via another AS in between: 4725 (Softbank Japan).

In other words: that site is poor, no: piss-poorly connected to the rest of the world, it's connectivity is fundamentally unstable - and BGP4 routine instability is being punished with route-flap dampening the world over.

With the /25 not being seen by the majority of the world's ISPs, and the /23 being unstable (and likely suppressed for extended periods of time due to route-flap!), don't be surprised that you can't reach it.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 7, 2014, 05:30 PM
i dont even know why you guys waste your time with this guy since he doesn't seem to want to account for all the evidence being shown, almost as bad as ppl who are still waiting for PSO2 US/EU version

Sizustar
Oct 7, 2014, 10:22 PM

You're still wrong.
It's not Sega's fault, nor is there a ISP ban.

the_importer_
Oct 8, 2014, 10:55 AM
Okay Importer. So you have already conceded that it isn't an outright IP ban. Great. What I said in my explanation explains your issue and all others for anyone outside of Japan. Apparently there was a modification made in which IPs were being used which meant that the system itself(the base internet protocol)wouldn't propagate the correct IP outside of Japan due to what seems to amount to a naming convention-like rule(a length of IP address thing), which is what made it so that outside sources couldn't "see" the correct IP to route to. While I still believe it is a coincidence(which means that the effect was not intended or anticipated by the entity performing the action) that it blocked us out, no one is saying it is your fault or that it is an ISP ban. It seems that whoever made the change was probably just trying to make it so that traffic from within Japan would be routed with greater efficiency, and of course that's their target audience.

I understood that part in the link I've read, but that still doesn't explain why on the night of an update, why it started to work for me again.

i dont even know why you guys waste your time with this guy since he doesn't seem to want to account for all the evidence being shown, almost as bad as ppl who are still waiting for PSO2 US/EU version

Those aren't evidences, those are theories and theories are debatable. Evidences lead to an incontestable conclusion, which is not the case here.

I_Am
Oct 8, 2014, 11:59 AM
I understood that part in the link I've read, but that still doesn't explain why on the night of an update, why it started to work for me again.

Well, simply put an update could force a repopulation of values, which could assist in propagation of the IP needed out to being far enough for your ISP to catch and reestablish the connection. Basically it's a matter of signal catching. Now I can't say for sure what happened obviously, but it seems a reasonable thing to happen and since there's literally no one here who can say what happened for sure it's what I accept as what happened based on the current information about the state of the routing.

the_importer_
Oct 8, 2014, 01:17 PM
Well, simply put an update could force a repopulation of values, which could assist in propagation of the IP needed out to being far enough for your ISP to catch and reestablish the connection. Basically it's a matter of signal catching. Now I can't say for sure what happened obviously, but it seems a reasonable thing to happen and since there's literally no one here who can say what happened for sure it's what I accept as what happened based on the current information about the state of the routing.

That's a good theory, but why just me? Guessing since July, other ISPs would have caught up by now. Don't get me wrong, I love my ISP, but their nothing special, hell, they're a re-seller of an even bigger one and customers on that big one can't log on to PSO2.

I_Am
Oct 8, 2014, 01:39 PM
That's a good theory, but why just me? Guessing since July, other ISPs would have caught up by now. Don't get me wrong, I love my ISP, but their nothing special, hell, they're a re-seller of an even bigger one and customers on that big one can't log on to PSO2.

As I was talking about, it might be an actual coincidence, wherein the propagation happened and your ISP and their routing were able to grab it when most others couldn't. I say this because although the resources are sublet, the people and code for the ISP system might be different, so might just have a more frequent refresh rate for IP routes, or the system just might care about all IP routes equally while other systems might not. With what the links said, basically the protocol is that most ISPs wouldn't even look for the /25 IP, though some may. It may be as simple as that, older or newer systems which look across more or less ranges for IPs. The previous sentence is why people are saying it can be your ISP's fault for using or not using a system which looks for the /25 version(apparently there is a weak band on the /23 which everyone should see, but being a weak, unstable band means that maybe an ISP would discard it as unreliable?).

nazojon
Oct 8, 2014, 02:01 PM
So I have the tweaker but when i launch the game nothing shows up the game doesnt launch the tweaker is active like it launched tho, some help would be very appreciated

Arrow
Oct 8, 2014, 02:07 PM
So I have the tweaker but when i launch the game nothing shows up the game doesnt launch the tweaker is active like it launched tho, some help would be very appreciated

Was the game working before the last maintenance/ patch?
Have you made sure that the game is updated completely?

I_Am
Oct 8, 2014, 02:15 PM

I hate to ask the stupid question but as a career computer support guy I feel I have to. What happens when you click the Launch PSO2 button? Absolutely nothing at all, or does anything pop up, or what? Does your mouse even change to the loading ring for a second?

nazojon
Oct 8, 2014, 05:28 PM
well i havent tried playing the game since the ddos since i had comcast at home it didnt work at home but if played it on my laptop over my friends place who has verizon it worked fine.

I hate to ask the stupid question but as a career computer support guy I feel I have to. What happens when you click the Launch PSO2 button? Absolutely nothing at all, or does anything pop up, or what? Does your mouse even change to the loading ring for a second?

Literally it loads for a second then just stops nothing happens and i check my task manager, nothing for pso2 shows up in processing, Right now im updating again using the tweaker, so hopefully this will fix it. I'll post whether it works or not

Sizustar
Oct 8, 2014, 05:30 PM
well i havent tried playing the game since the ddos since i had comcast at home it didnt work at home but if played it on my laptop over my friends place who has verizon it worked fine.

Literally it loads for a second then just stops nothing happens and i check my task manager, nothing for pso2 shows up in processing, Right now im updating again using the tweaker, so hopefully this will fix it. I'll post whether it works or not

Do a file check with the default launcher, and try launching it with no english mod first.

If it doens't work
Then update drivers, Direct X, reboot and try again.

nazojon
Oct 8, 2014, 05:30 PM

Miyuki_Kamiko
Oct 8, 2014, 11:08 PM
all that is done to PSO2 is it's set to a Local route instead of an international route
now TWC used to use a route that could get into japanese local routes they changed it now they can't connect

whether Sega or there ISP provider did this is unknown

if you don't like the explanation then get a job at Sega or there ISP provider and ask them yourselves