PDA

View Full Version : Event Edit: What age group plays this game the most?

Pugas87
Oct 6, 2014, 02:53 PM
I was just wondering what the age breakdown was for this game. Let me know by voting on the poll above.

Kondibon
Oct 6, 2014, 02:57 PM
That thread title is a little misleading...

Pugas87
Oct 6, 2014, 03:01 PM
That thread title is a little misleading...

You may reply "I do" if you so chose.

gigawuts
Oct 6, 2014, 03:02 PM
Where's my neckbeard option? Neckbeards are ageless.

also im 12 and what is this

Lostbob117
Oct 6, 2014, 03:09 PM
Where's my neckbeard option? Neckbeards are ageless.

also im 12 and what is this

Wow I'm only 6. You're old!

Poyonche
Oct 6, 2014, 03:43 PM
15 over here :3

I_Am
Oct 6, 2014, 03:44 PM
Wow I'm only 6. You're old!
And you joined the forum at 4! AWESOME

EDIT: Also where's the option for 24.76?

Pugas87
Oct 6, 2014, 04:08 PM
Also where's the option for 24.76?

It's included in the "12 and under" option, for when quarter birthdays, half birthdays, three-quarter birthdays, and other fraction birthdays mattered.

I_Am
Oct 6, 2014, 04:12 PM
It's included in the "12 and under" option, for when quarter birthdays, half birthdays, three-quarter birthdays, and other fraction birthdays mattered.
Ouch. I'm just saying I'm greater than 24 but less than 25 OH NOES.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 6, 2014, 04:15 PM
ROUND IT UP

YOU ARE.

I_Am
Oct 6, 2014, 04:20 PM
Nooooooooo! I'll never round to less than two decimals, you can't make me!

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 6, 2014, 04:24 PM
old people

Walkure
Oct 6, 2014, 04:29 PM
This is a surprisingly normal distribution.

ReverseSeraf
Oct 6, 2014, 04:32 PM
I wonder who that 55+ ancient man is.

SakoHaruo
Oct 6, 2014, 04:37 PM
Can't decide. 12 and under or should I go with 13 - 18? :-?

Sigh, if only o3o was one of the available choices.

xervah
Oct 6, 2014, 05:24 PM
30+ here...
guess i'm pretty much old geezer enough \ :v /

mctastee
Oct 6, 2014, 05:34 PM
I am 26. I am at that age where I feel old, but I am really not.

TaigaUC
Oct 6, 2014, 05:57 PM
I'd like to see the age bracket for Western PSO2 players that don't visit PSO-World.
Going by all the horrific TDs of late, the results'd probably be similar to whatever we have here, but moved back two brackets.

wefwq
Oct 6, 2014, 07:43 PM
There's 55+ ? Holy shit.

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 6, 2014, 07:48 PM
There's 55+ ? Holy shit.

probably one of the pso-world mods :grin:

and i'm surprised i'm not the only kid with highschool senioritis playing this game...

final_attack
Oct 6, 2014, 08:37 PM
26 years old here ..... and I felt ..... normal after seeing the poll lol

SakoHaruo
Oct 6, 2014, 09:52 PM
what else were you expecting? You know PSO was a thing before the Xbox 360s 1000000000 no scopes and Mountain Dew double exp was a thing. :wacko:

Same with fighting games. most people who play them are in their mid 20s early 30s.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 6, 2014, 10:01 PM
I'm 12 and what is this?

SilenWhisper
Oct 7, 2014, 01:41 AM
According to Sakai around 2 years ago,the range's 20-30.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 7, 2014, 02:10 AM
I find it hardly surprising that 20-30 year-old's play the most.

After all, more often than not, they're more financially independent, have access to getting credit cards, probably haven't started a family yet so there's less family obligations (so more money and time to spend), probably still going to college/looking-for-themselves/working here and there but haven't really settled on a career yet, etc.

LotusFX
Oct 7, 2014, 02:29 AM
18 here. Quite surprised when I saw the poll too. *looks at the number of lolis ingame*

:wacko:

obsexed
Oct 7, 2014, 02:48 AM
OHHOHOHOHO~!

OLD PEOPLE!

landman
Oct 7, 2014, 03:23 AM
Kids these days :wacko:

Poyonche
Oct 7, 2014, 05:43 AM
Oh btw there is my dad too, 50 years old. :3

Kikikiki
Oct 7, 2014, 05:45 AM
Where is my cane.

JanosA
Oct 7, 2014, 07:29 AM
Haven't played since the DDoS pushed me out, but 35 here.

RadiantLegend
Oct 7, 2014, 12:40 PM
Well I don't feel bad now. I wonder how many are married and/or have kids.

I_Am
Oct 7, 2014, 12:42 PM
I'm married. My wife and I play WoW together lol. No kids though.

Chdata
Oct 7, 2014, 12:49 PM
I voted 12 and under based on this community.

wefwq
Oct 7, 2014, 01:01 PM
Where is my cane.
Didn't everyone grew one once they turn 30?

Crazyleo
Oct 7, 2014, 01:31 PM
Didn't everyone grew one once they turn 30?

I didn't, and I'm in my 40s.

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 7, 2014, 05:10 PM
looking this over, i don't quite think this is actually an accurate representation of who plays the game... considering that my generation barely even knows what a forum even is, this is probably a representation of which age group is on pso-world the most.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 7, 2014, 05:33 PM
"What age group plays this game the most? "

could have sworn everyone (mostly) was going to vote 12 and under

LonelyGaruga
Oct 7, 2014, 05:51 PM
looking this over, i don't quite think this is actually an accurate representation of who plays the game... considering that my generation barely even knows what a forum even is, this is probably a representation of which age group is on pso-world the most.

What age group are you in? I've understood and used forums since I was 10 (currently 20). You below that?

I'd imagine that most people unaware of what a forum is would be unaware that video games are made for PCs anyway, given the amount of ignorance necessary to lack that knowledge despite using a computer.

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 7, 2014, 05:56 PM
What age group are you in? I've understood and used forums since I was 10 (currently 20). You below that?

I'd imagine that most people unaware of what a forum is would be unaware that video games are made for PCs anyway, given the amount of ignorance necessary to lack that knowledge despite using a computer.

pffft,
Half of my generation is on facebook and the other half is on their xbox' doing 360 no scopes.
And pc games? what's dat.

to be serious, only a very small percentage of my generation go any further than tumblr-ing, and that comes after using facebook and twitter, anything that doesnt have the "@" or "#" option to tag someone or something is unkown to them.

Walkure
Oct 7, 2014, 05:57 PM
18 here. Quite surprised when I saw the poll too. *looks at the number of lolis ingame*

:wacko:
A better representation would be to look at the number of lolis on the fashion thread.

Kondibon
Oct 7, 2014, 06:05 PM
Not sure what the number of lolis has to do with peoples' actual ages. It's not like anyone is actually pretending to be little kids or something.

The_Brimada
Oct 7, 2014, 06:09 PM

I'm married with two kids, and I'm 28.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 7, 2014, 06:16 PM
pffft,
Half of my generation is on facebook and the other half is on their xbox' doing 360 no scopes.

to be serious, only a very small percentage of my generation go any further than tumblr-ing, and that comes after using facebook and twitter, anything that doesnt have the "@" or "#" option to tag someone or something is unkown to them.

Then they wouldn't be playing PSO2 in the first place.

TaigaUC
Oct 7, 2014, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I guess that would explain the apparent lack of below 20s.
Assuming infiniteeverlasting is below 20.

I'd like to see the age brackets for the people whining that setting up to play PSO2 JP is "TOO HARD".

Hobu
Oct 7, 2014, 06:55 PM
pffft,

1. Not knowing PC gaems. Your underage friends just went full pleb. YA HEAR ME? FULL. EFFING. PLEB.
2. What's tumblr? Oh you mean CANCER LAND?

Ryno
Oct 7, 2014, 06:58 PM
i dont know if there should be a poll about this. because ive been playing phantasy star games for more than 10 years.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 7, 2014, 07:00 PM
I wanna know who the milfs and dilfs are

gigawuts
Oct 7, 2014, 07:40 PM
I wanna know who the milfs and dilfs are

Based on my experience with milfs and dilfs in my agegroup no you really do not

then again I guess they wouldn't qualify for the ilf part and would automatically not be milfs or dilfs

Kondibon
Oct 7, 2014, 07:44 PM
I'd like to see the age brackets for the people whining that setting up to play PSO2 JP is "TOO HARD".Everyone I know who I suggested the game to but doesn't want to bother signing up is over 20.

Honestly, as things are now I don't even think it's worth it anyway.

NoiseHERO
Oct 7, 2014, 07:47 PM
smh...

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 7, 2014, 07:58 PM
1. Not knowing PC gaems. Your underage friends just went full pleb. YA HEAR ME? FULL. EFFING. PLEB.
2. What's tumblr? Oh you mean CANCER LAND?

1) well, i exagurated, most of the people i know play League of legends, spending all nighters maintaining their "daimond" status and watching the "sport" being played by "pros".
And as you all know, i'm too hipster for dat shiet.
#rpg master race

2) Tumblr is a good site for p0rn! it's so easy, all you need to type in is "art" or "people"

Yeah, I guess that would explain the apparent lack of below 20s.
Assuming infiniteeverlasting is below 20.

I'd like to see the age brackets for the people whining that setting up to play PSO2 JP is "TOO HARD".

most of the people who do play with me on ship 7 didn't even know phantasy star was a series, and when i introduce it to new people... they can't really take this game seriously, i mean- common, phantasy star? like phantasy star????? you're just asking people to not take the game seriously.

Hobu
Oct 7, 2014, 08:13 PM
1) well, i exagurated, most of the people i know play League of legends, spending all nighters maintaining their "daimond" status and watching the "sport" being played by "pros".
#rpg master race

2) Tumblr is a good site for p0rn! it's so easy, all you need to type in is "art" or "people"

Still not gonna touch tumblr and its hipster culture at my age. And as for league, I wish I had time to play it. Maintaining rank is too tedious when you have university and work AND PSO2 to juggle all at the same time.

Kondibon
Oct 7, 2014, 08:15 PM
There's actually plenty of good stuff on tumblr. The trick is to find it via other websites. :wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Oct 7, 2014, 08:47 PM
#rpg master race

most of the people who do play with me on ship 7 didn't even know phantasy star was a series, and when i introduce it to new people... they can't really take this game seriously, i mean- common, phantasy star? like phantasy star????? you're just asking people to not take the game seriously.

1) What's wrong with competitive gaming? League of Legends definitely isn't my kind of game, but as someone that thoroughly enjoys watching high level fighting game play, I can't really say there's anything wrong with enjoying LoL as a competitive game. Outside of the abbreviation.

2) Thank you for sharing where you get...material...from.

3) Those people are morons for not realizing that the 2 in PSO2 actually meant something then. It does sound about right for your generation though.

Kondibon
Oct 7, 2014, 08:49 PM
Those people are morons for not realizing that the 2 in PSO2 actually meant something then. It does sound about right for your generation though.Pretty sure he meant they hadn't heard of it before. Not that they saw PSO2 and didn't realize it's a sequel to something.

gigawuts
Oct 7, 2014, 08:54 PM
There's actually plenty of good stuff on tumblr. The trick is to find it via other websites. :wacko:

I usually find artists after other artists reblog their work.

obsexed
Oct 7, 2014, 09:11 PM
pffft,

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/vDJHn5W.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 7, 2014, 09:56 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/vDJHn5W.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

so you in highschool?

Scarlet-Star
Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 PM
...What the same hell did this devolve into?

obsexed
Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 PM
so you in highschool?

yes and i'm jk, you're right our generation is full of swaggots and stupid horny girls that stay on facebook 24/7... but i have friends that are like that and also play PSO2 alot so.. :wacko:

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 7, 2014, 10:26 PM
Shit, lacerated myself on all this edge.

The Walrus
Oct 7, 2014, 10:29 PM
The fuck is going on in here...

DS23
Oct 7, 2014, 11:07 PM
There's really people 55+ on here? Wonder what they must make of all the childish infighting going on near constantly.

Gama
Oct 7, 2014, 11:43 PM
There's really people 55+ on here? Wonder what they must make of all the childish infighting going on near constantly.

psov1 had 55+ players, i dont see why pso2 wouldnt.

altho the current numbers are scary. allot of people my age , wich means that a good part of them act allot younger then they actually are.

we need a poll with mental age.

since physical age is soooo subjective.

Zorua
Oct 7, 2014, 11:58 PM
yes and i'm jk, you're right our generation is full of swaggots and stupid horny girls that stay on facebook 24/7... but i have friends that are like that and also play PSO2 alot so.. :wacko:

I'm in high school too and our generation is going to bring about the end of civilization.

obsexed
Oct 8, 2014, 12:08 AM
I'm in high school too and our generation is going to bring about the end of civilization.

I hope they all get hit in the ankle with a razor scooter, theyre so annoying.

landman
Oct 8, 2014, 12:19 AM
psov1 had 55+ players, i dont see why pso2 wouldnt.

altho the current numbers are scary. allot of people my age , wich means that a good part of them act allot younger then they actually are.

we need a poll with mental age.

since physical age is soooo subjective.
Not knowing them all, I feel like most of them are old pso-w'ers that usually lurk? not every forum user states its opinion, but they check the forum to be up to date. And answering a poll is easy. That simply shows most people here were also PSO or PSU fans.

Preposterous Rhino
Oct 8, 2014, 12:59 PM
Former PSO/PSU player here (age 20). Honestly, the reason the ages are skewed towards 20-30 year old players is because those are the people that played PSO/PSU and loved the games, then followed the series from there. Anybody younger than that most likely hadn't heard of or played PSO/PSU, which means they didn't hear about a game only in Japan (well, not only in Japan now). If the game actually got a US release, there would be more young kids since free-to-play is pretty much their domain, what with having no income and all.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 9, 2014, 03:50 AM
Yet another reason to stick to JP servers if PSO2 comes west+^_^+

NoiseHERO
Oct 9, 2014, 04:02 AM
Kinda already knew poll would look like this, it's also old news that 20-somethings act half their age.

But who the hell wants to be a boring adult, we still have -10 years to be "YOUNG"

#YOLO #FREE #FOREVERYOUNG #YOUNG #HASHTAG

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 9, 2014, 02:47 PM
I hope they all get hit in the ankle with a razor scooter, theyre so annoying.

LOL HAHAHAHAH
Nahhhh, the guys in my school aren't like that tbh, i exagurated a bit, my school is actually full of asian nerds, white people are a minority. I can say that they spend more time winning national math, science, and league of legends competitions than they do on facebook. But yes, there are still a shitton of annoying people who skip school to play black ops, very sad.