PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever be able to play again?

shattou
Oct 6, 2014, 04:20 PM
I am not one to post on any sort of forum looking for any kind of help unless I have exhausted every possible solution I could come up with on my own.

My issue I assume lies with gameguard. For one, to even get PSO2 to launch at all I have to fix the gameguard via the tweaker. Then it'll let me get logged in and will authenticate my ID for like a minute then will time out. After that I have to restart my computer, fix gameguard AGAIN with the tweaker, and then have the exact same thing happen again. It's like the gods are telling me I am not allowed to play PSO2. I have tried everything I even attempted using the proxy, I have every possible anything turned off that would interfere. I literally no matter what I do, or how bad I want to play, can not do so. I even went to extremes of reinstalling PSO2 in hopes of getting logged in. Nothing, I can not log in.

I have also deleted the guardguard folder so many times I am surprised it can even exist anymore.

Is all hope lost for me? Or does someone have a magical solution that will allow me to play?

TaigaUC
Oct 6, 2014, 04:39 PM
For a moment I thought you broke your hands or something.

I'd like to help you if I knew how. Sorry.
Good luck, though.

Ana-Chan
Oct 6, 2014, 05:06 PM
The big issue is that GameGuard is a driver, and a badly programmed one at that. This means GameGuard is able to touch things that could seriously interfere with the system.
I actually observe this problem on my system every time I load PSO2. When it loads, the driver manages to cause my system to a halt for a few minutes. The GameGuard driver is either playing badly with my network adaptor or my SATA driver.
So if you can, try with a different system. If that works, hope that GameGuard gets updated soon since there is likely something there.

Sandmind
Oct 6, 2014, 05:26 PM
Is it truly gameguard or is it your ISP not being (anymore?) able to connect to PSO2' server?

But yeah, gameguard is horrible regardless.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 7, 2014, 07:11 PM
Did you try make another account on another ship? The ship could be full.

TaigaUC
Oct 7, 2014, 07:40 PM
The login server and gameserver have different IPs. It sounds like you're having trouble connecting to the gameserver.
Perhaps you have a valid route to the login but not the gameserver?
Which proxy are you using?

If you can, see if you can log into another ship.
Or try logging in from another PC and see what happens.
Or even from another location (ie. different ISP), if possible.
Process of elimination. Then we can gather the facts and determine the likely cause.

If I recall correctly, a friend of a friend had a similar issue, and they solved it.
I will try to contact them and see how they solved it.