PDA

View Full Version : So Bal Rodos 2: Electric Boogaloo is REALLY aggressive

Maenara
Oct 8, 2014, 06:49 AM
I spent 20 minutes in Floating Facility Free Exploration, and we got attacked by Bal Rodos not once, not twice, not three times, not four times, not five times, not six times, not seven times, but EIGHT TIMES. IN TWENTY MINUTES.
We got 4 Code Duels with Bal Rodos, and every single one changed over to a second Bal Rodos. Did anyone else experience this?

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/zqUz3n0.png[/spoiler-box]

Oh yeah, and it's REALLY pissed that we're at the floating facility.

Shinamori
Oct 8, 2014, 06:55 AM
I like that his theme plays, they should do that for all duel free field bosses.

Rakurai
Oct 8, 2014, 06:57 AM
I like that his theme plays, they should do that for all duel free field bosses.

It's always irked me that they bothered to do that for Falz Hunar, but only in his respective EQ.

They ought to do it for Falz Angel especially, seeing as you currently can't hear his theme anywhere except for in the story quest.

Achelousaurus
Oct 8, 2014, 07:06 AM
So that's why I never see Cyrus online?
Cause he's only online during weekdays while I am at work?
._.

Anyway, 8 times is way ridiculous.
How do you fight Bal v2?
Still the same thing with him being far out fo melee reach most of the time and you have to use turrets and a harpoon to reel him in?
Or is he always as close as in that screenshot?

Maenara
Oct 8, 2014, 07:08 AM
Most of the time he's as close as this screenshot. There's no harpooning him, but several of his attacks leave him fairly vulnerable to melee while totally sniping any ranged characters farther back.

Xaelouse
Oct 8, 2014, 07:08 AM
No harpoon this time, but there are extremely weak turrets. He's no longer a sandbag!

Maenara
Oct 8, 2014, 07:11 AM
Also, Bal Rodos has a tendancy to disappear and reappear in a completely random place of the area just to do a sneak attack on the one person that's away from the group. No, I'm serious. He also seems to focus on the person that triggered the E-trial, but that could just be me. Some of his water attacks can snipe you from several sectors away.

Shinamori
Oct 8, 2014, 07:15 AM
He also has new drops apparently.

Maenara
Oct 8, 2014, 07:17 AM
He also has new drops apparently.

Sega already told us that.

wefwq
Oct 8, 2014, 07:56 AM
Just kill 2 Bal Dominus along with other MPA parties, damn changeover version hits hard (over 1,1k damage in one bite dash).

We spent like 15 mins to kill those snakes.

Maenara
Oct 8, 2014, 08:21 AM
I'm going to try to get a good video of it for you guys.
Also, note: Whenever Bal Rodos falls into the water after dying, the code WILL change over. It's the same Bal Rodos.

Maenara
Oct 8, 2014, 10:11 AM
I tried to get a good video, but I've found it's actually pretty challenging to get a video which lets you see what's actually going on.

Kondibon
Oct 8, 2014, 10:18 AM
I just fought a couple and it feels more like the area's boss than slimy fish and charriot. I:

Maenara
Oct 8, 2014, 10:26 AM
I love how mobile and random the new Rodos is.

Sirius-91
Oct 8, 2014, 11:12 AM
http://imgur.com/a/pF9Ae

That "Lizard" boss reminded me of that korean movie "The Host"

Vintasticvin
Oct 8, 2014, 12:18 PM
After reading this topic I've come to the conclusion that Bal Rodos despises your very existence and demands vengeance for whatever Maenara did to it in the past.

Rien
Oct 8, 2014, 12:27 PM
And whatever we did to it in the ARKS ship tournament.

Kondibon
Oct 8, 2014, 01:13 PM
By the way you CAN knock Bal down. You have to hit it in the mouth repeatedly with the water turrets.

Gama
Oct 9, 2014, 06:30 AM
Very agressive I had trouble keeping up with him, I'll need to learn its patterms

Rakurai
Oct 9, 2014, 06:38 AM
Wonder if the new drops are exclusive to the facility Bal Rodos or if the AQ one can drop them, as well.

Maenara
Oct 9, 2014, 06:58 AM
Wonder if the new drops are exclusive to the facility Bal Rodos or if the AQ one can drop them, as well.

They have the same drops.

Hrith
Oct 9, 2014, 09:44 AM
Yeah, six times here, and I was soloing. Fun.

Not a generally solo-friendly area, anyway, especially not that twin boss...

Shinamori
Oct 9, 2014, 05:38 PM
I'd love if Bal Rodos spawns like that in Coast.
Unrelated note: Anyone seen Falz Angel in field yet?

Rakurai
Oct 9, 2014, 05:49 PM
I've seen Falz Hunar three times, but haven't seen Angel once in the new field.

Rayokarna
Oct 9, 2014, 06:11 PM
I'd love if Bal Rodos spawns like that in Coast.
Unrelated note: Anyone seen Falz Angel in field yet?

Yes, Cross over code from attack in Forest. Weirdly enough I had Theodore With me as the NPC from the Code: Attack.

Mesarthim
Oct 9, 2014, 06:42 PM
I just met a Falz Angel summoned by a Nyau.

I learned a very important lesson. Don't make him cry or every bone in my body is going to get broken.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 9, 2014, 07:01 PM
Bosses keep getting challenging and retardedly hard, I think that's a good thing, no?

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 9, 2014, 07:19 PM
Does the new Twin Boss start off with both attacking you? Snowcats are ruined by only attacking at the same time when one is near death. Defeats the purpose of a duo boss.

Mesarthim
Oct 9, 2014, 07:22 PM
Does the new Twin Boss start off with both attacking you? Snowcats are ruined by only attacking at the same time when one is near death. Defeats the purpose of a duo boss.

Yes they both attack at the start.

ShinMaruku
Oct 10, 2014, 12:52 AM
Bosses keep getting challenging and retardedly hard, I think that's a good thing, no?

Only if you have proper tools to fuck them over.

Maenara
Oct 10, 2014, 01:22 AM
Only if you have proper tools to fuck them over.

I think you missed the point.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 10, 2014, 02:31 AM
They're still not hard yet anyway.