PDA

View Full Version : Trouble After Logging In

ashleebabee2308
Oct 8, 2014, 01:56 PM
I installed the pre-patch for last night/today's maintenance two days ago, and then this morning I installed the rest of the update, and then proceeded to reinstall the story patch, large files, and the english patch because downloading and installing the PSO2 patches always uninstalls everything else (is that normal? Because I don't remember it being that way when I first started using Tweaker, so I thought I would check and make sure something isn't wrong with mine). 30 minutes ago I started up the game, using Pingzapper like I've been doing for over a month now with no problems, and the game started up normally, no problems. I was able to log in and select my character, but then the game gets continually stuck in the teleport screen after you select your character. I've tried it with two different accounts, and they both do it so I know it's not the accounts. It usually doesn't take more than two minutes, at the most, to get through one of those screens for me, and this time my second attempt took roughly 15-20 minutes until I decided to exit the game.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I was able to play just fine yesterday, with one of the accounts I tried this time, so I'm thinking it has to be the update. Can anyone offer some help?

ShinKai
Oct 8, 2014, 02:23 PM
I think I've had the infinite tunnel happen to me a couple times, but I always just reset the game and it seems to fix itself.

I can confirm that I'm pretty sure the English Patch is and has always been uninstalled after every update. I don't remember a time when that wasn't the case.

I wish I had more insight to your problem though. Good Luck with it. :)

Hexxy
Oct 8, 2014, 02:32 PM
All custom files get replaced by official files with every patch. The infinite tunnel loop is caused by incompatible mods. It probably says so on the tweaker (though it might not). My suggestion is to do a File Check and ONLY install the base english patch as that is the only thing I'm sure is compatible right now. Not sure about the rest.

ashleebabee2308
Oct 8, 2014, 03:02 PM
Thanks for your help, both of you. I followed your advice, Hexxy, and did the file check and only installed the English Patch and it seems to have fixed the problem. I posted the same topic over on Reddit and a few people chimed in saying they were having the same problem so I'll mention it around that Large Files is causing the problem. I think I should be safe to install Story Patch so I'll give that a try, but otherwise I'm working now. Thank you again for your help!

Arrow
Oct 8, 2014, 04:08 PM
Just an FYI
Tweaker has on the sidebar news that two things are not compatible atm
One of them is the Large files.
May be an obvious indicator people are missing.

ashleebabee2308
Oct 8, 2014, 04:13 PM
Just an FYI
Tweaker has on the sidebar news that two things are not compatible atm
One of them is the Large files.
May be an obvious indicator people are missing.

I did notice it, but before Tweaker changed how the Story Patch was installed it used to say Not Compatible with basically every update but I always took it as a given that the english patches wouldn't be up to date right away, and I never had an issue like this with a patch that was Not Compatible before. I always installed the Not Compatible patches before because it was simpler and faster to wait for Tweaker to notify me of an update to a patch and then just update it, instead of having to install the whole patch when it was finally Compatible, and I've never had any problems so I didn't miss the fact that Large Files was not compatible, it just never occurred to me that it could be causing the problem because an incompatible patch never caused a problem.

Arrow
Oct 8, 2014, 04:48 PM
Ah
Well, looks like the assumption is no longer infallible then.
Though I guess this is the 1 in a thousand where Sega did change something that actually affects it.