PDA

View Full Version : I left after the Beta finished

VonHalford
Oct 9, 2014, 04:03 AM
In a nutshell, what have I missed. What ship should I be on to see the most english players, does anyone remember me and is there anything important I should do. (currently downloading the english patched installer)

wefwq
Oct 9, 2014, 04:17 AM
You missed tons of stuff.
Lots of new Maps, bosses, and Emergency Quest.
There also subclass system and some new class.

Most english-speaking player play on ship 2.

Shadowth117
Oct 9, 2014, 04:31 AM
You'll also want to note that you'll probably need a proxy server or something akin to that to play through. If after updating everything you can't use the default launcher for the game, you'll know that you need to go through such a thing.

More than likely, you'll want to use this if you find you are blocked as most people outside Japan are: http://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/

There are many alternatives, but this one is probably the easiest to set up by far.

NoiseHERO
Oct 9, 2014, 04:51 AM
You made a REALLY good choice, now you get to enjoy a game that's half done instead of a game that's 2% done.

Laxedrane
Oct 9, 2014, 05:24 AM
You made a REALLY good choice, now you get to enjoy a game that's half done instead of a game that's 2% done.

The truth never hurt so good.;-; :D

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 9, 2014, 01:14 PM

you would have loved PSU then since that game was half done before it ended

NoiseHERO
Oct 9, 2014, 04:54 PM
you would have loved PSU then since that game was half done before it ended

What's this got to do with me loving anything. D<

And actually I did love psu! : D

At least that game had a setting.

VonHalford
Oct 12, 2014, 10:25 PM
You'll also want to note that you'll probably need a proxy server or something akin to that to play through. If after updating everything you can't use the default launcher for the game, you'll know that you need to go through such a thing.

More than likely, you'll want to use this if you find you are blocked as most people outside Japan are: http://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/

There are many alternatives, but this one is probably the easiest to set up by far.

So after all that talk about localizing it and they just ban all the US players? What in the world happened? Why did they just stop working on the game? :-?

wefwq
Oct 12, 2014, 11:05 PM
So after all that talk about localizing it and they just ban all the US players? What in the world happened? Why did they just stop working on the game? :-?
No, those ban bullshit is because some random kids decide to DDoS their server and taking game server down for entire week in the middle of summer break, and in case you're from SEA you gotta blame AsiaSoft for that.

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 12, 2014, 11:13 PM

HOLD IT! (Clarifications inbound!):

As far as SEGA's official stance, PSO2 west is still delayed (I wouldn't expect it anytime soon considering they said that like a year and a half ago).

US players were fine accessing the game in the meantime. The efforts of the translation team made PSO2 JP very accessible to the western audience.

Then a few months ago, there was a big DDoS attack that took PSO2 JP down for a week. Once service was restored, western internet service provides could no longer find PSO2 JP and its servers via their back bones (What they use to make the connection). So for most western players, they are unable to connect normally (JP players are fine).

This lead to us requiring alternate methods to connect. Virtual Private Networks were one of the first to be suggested, but this runs into more trouble with SEGA's Terms of Service and its not safe unless you pay for a private VPN (needing to pay a subscription for a f2p game? Pfft.)

There is also SSH tunneling, via Amazon web services. Free for a year, then very cheap afterward. Also safer than VPN.

Lastly we have CyberKitsune's PSO2Proxy, which has seamless integration with the PSO2Tweaker. I currently use the Proxy server.

Now, as far as why SEGA hasn't brought PSO2 to the west officially? Your guess is as good as mine. SEGA just making some dumb business decisions IMO, because I'm pretty sure PSO2 in the west would do just fine.

LordKaiser
Oct 13, 2014, 01:19 AM
Before trying anything about proxies or VPNs check if the pso2.jp page opens for you and if the launcher runs for you. Not everyone in the west needs a proxy or VPN to connect.

You missed 5 classes of the 8 available (3 of them need to be unlocked). 1 additional race called Dewman. A lot of matter-board stuff that will take you a lot of time to catch up. A lot of 1 time only events etc.

wefwq
Oct 13, 2014, 04:41 AM
Before trying anything about proxies or VPNs check if the pso2.jp page opens for you and if the launcher runs for you. Not everyone in the west needs a proxy or VPN to connect.

You missed 5 classes of the 8 available (3 of them need to be unlocked). 1 additional race called Dewman. A lot of matter-board stuff that will take you a lot of time to catch up. A lot of 1 time only events etc.
They scrapped "leveling x class to unlock x class", so all class will available right from the beginning, 3 of them just not selectable directly from character creator.