PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Dns question

Kamijou Touma
Oct 9, 2014, 05:46 PM
okay so all ive read and heard about pso2 since the ddos is that sega isnt broadcasting their routing table

so why not just change your dns settings to a public dns server near you that can connect to pso2.jp

actually i think it would be a good idea for people to give a list of public dns servers we can use

its only a routing issue after all so just try changing your dns

if im wrong feel free to let me know and tell me how im wrong

Fufufu
Oct 9, 2014, 08:54 PM
Because DNS has nothing to do with routing. The only thing DNS does is provide the information that TLD=IP. We can still get the IP of pso2.jp, we know what it is, there is just no route there. That route is broadcast from a backbone in japan(apparently yahoo), and they're not broadcasting it to the world. The route provides the information as to what backbone servers should be used to get information from the server.

I_Am
Oct 10, 2014, 10:46 AM
Please understand, it has nothing to do with the name, only with the IP. Literally the ISPs don't have the route connected(because their systems can't see the IP), so that's why it doesn't connect.

Ana-Chan
Oct 10, 2014, 12:29 PM
Think of it this way, say you want to go somewhere. You know the address, but when you try to travel there you find that there is no road. This is the exact case here. The address is easy to look up:

> pso2.jp
Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: pso2.jp
Address: 210.189.209.8

Which is easily obtainable from your own system using nslookup. But when you go to travel the road, it is unable to find the road to the destination.

Kamijou Touma
Oct 10, 2014, 02:07 PM
ok thanks for clearing that up