PDA

View Full Version : Is equipment crafting viable now?

MimiChan
Oct 10, 2014, 06:41 AM
I heard they tweak that lost of damage variance of crafted equipment because I was wondering if I should craft both my 11* JB and TB from TD (the one with Light Formation)

Is this a bad idea? Even if I maxed that BO crafting bonus skill?

Because I want to be a Br/Bo and I want to be able to equip that shiny Edel Arrow (else I would had gone Bo/Br)

Any suggestion?

the_importer_
Oct 10, 2014, 07:14 AM
Wasn't this planned for the end of October?

silo1991
Oct 10, 2014, 07:18 AM
11* weapons definily are not worth it for craft , but if you want to know half of the 10* weapons is a good idea for crafting

Sizustar
Oct 10, 2014, 07:21 AM
I heard they tweak that lost of damage variance of crafted equipment because I was wondering if I should craft both my 11* JB and TB from TD (the one with Light Formation)

Is this a bad idea? Even if I maxed that BO crafting bonus skill?

Because I want to be a Br/Bo and I want to be able to equip that shiny Edel Arrow (else I would had gone Bo/Br)

Any suggestion?

The new patch raised the min damage on crafted weapon using Silvadest, Silvagrimo, and Silvania as materials

But if you're playing as a Bo, then you can go 100% crit build, so that the damage variance doesn't matter.

Xaelouse
Oct 10, 2014, 08:06 AM
The variance is still noticeable but it's much better than before. I think it could possibly be patched up by getting more DEX from your mag or Arm III abilities. Gotta wait for more people to test it.
Weapons of top priority to craft are the weapons with 20% native killing latents or weapons that boost damage of specific PAs.

MimiChan
Oct 10, 2014, 08:26 AM
How do you achieve 100% crit as Br/Bo anyway o.O

And would the stat lower if I crafted the TD 11* weapon?

the_importer_
Oct 10, 2014, 08:38 AM
I'm not too familiar with weapon crafting and I want to craft my Esca Hermes to add Techer compatibility. With Lv3 Discerning Eye and the usage of the proper Tree and Tech, it currently kicks some serious ass for enemies with elemental weakness, so I wouldn't want to loose too much damage if I were to craft it. So, has anything changed for Esca Hermes or would crafting it still lower it's damage considerably?

Achelousaurus
Oct 10, 2014, 08:45 AM
The new patch raised the min damage on crafted weapon using Silvadest, Silvagrimo, and Silvania as materials

But if you're playing as a Bo, then you can go 100% crit build, so that the damage variance doesn't matter.
o.O

How can you get these?
And how hard is it it to get the amount needed to craft a 10* to lvl 3-5?

Maenara
Oct 10, 2014, 01:35 PM
People won't think the abilities to make non-multiclass weapons multiclass, lower their equip requirements, and increase their base stats are worth it until there is literally zero drawback because they have no idea how to weigh opportunity costs.

The damage variance of Silva-crafted weapons is 80~100%, by the way, whereas rare weapons have 90~100%. It doesn't take a lot of DEX to make that 80 a 90 either, you can get pretty close just by tossing Arm III on your units.

Xaelouse
Oct 10, 2014, 01:48 PM
I keep forgetting the saiki set gives a whopping +80 DEX, so people playing around with crafted weapons may think the variance is much lower than expected.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 10, 2014, 02:00 PM
first of all crafted 10 star and 11 star gear from what I've seen so far no longer sucks ass and also please don't go br/bo or bo/br. I know its probably what you want but its just a awful combination.

Walkure
Oct 10, 2014, 02:44 PM
I'm getting tired of correcting the 90-100% variance thing. It's using up to 90% of weapon attack, not overall damage. So it usually ends up having 96-7% of maximum damage.

I did math on the 80% total damage (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3197006&postcount=916) variance in comparison.

Selphea
Oct 10, 2014, 04:14 PM
first of all crafted 10 star and 11 star gear from what I've seen so far no longer sucks ass and also please don't go br/bo or bo/br. I know its probably what you want but its just a awful combination.

It's a good build if you want to play Ultra Hard mode before it comes out :wacko:

Rayden
Oct 11, 2014, 03:42 PM
I can't read Japanese, but this page seems to have detailed information about how the new crafting minimum damage works: https://gist.github.com/elvl/3158032

Anyone want to translate?

untrustful
Oct 11, 2014, 04:34 PM
TRANSLATION REQUEST PL0X

help us victims of american education!

UnLucky
Oct 11, 2014, 05:34 PM
Still don't know what they actually set crafted weapon minimum damage to, or if Dex adds onto that or works separately. It's higher than before, but that might still be bad.

Walkure
Oct 11, 2014, 05:49 PM
Still don't know what they actually set crafted weapon minimum damage to, or if Dex adds onto that or works separately. It's higher than before, but that might still be bad.

From what I've seen discussed so far:

The announcement seemed to imply a new floor for minimum damage on crafted weapons.
Someone who uses a crafted weapon and a DEX build noticed that there seemed to be no difference in his minimum damage.
Someone in the Techer melee thread discussed how he was hitting for 80% of his maximum damage with a crafted weapon on two different situations.

Trying to look at that Github post didn't really have anything jump out at me, other than:

I still don't quite know what the DEX modifier on PAs/Techs does exactly. Presumably it'd be a straight modifier on overall DEX.
In discussing rare weapons, Sakai apparently uses the term "minimum attack" (or something similar) as opposed to "minimum damage".
Someone apparently did find the floor on minimum attack, and it seems to be either 10% of the weapon's attack or 1. Or something, translated text turns to gibberish.

The most consistent explanation for the behavior is that the floor of minimum damage is now 80% of maximum damage as a whole for crafted weapons, but that's inconsistent with how minimum damage worked before and terms of "minimum attack".

gigawuts
Oct 11, 2014, 05:56 PM
Wow, Sega's really dropping the ball on dex here.

They should just let dex raise crit damage, or both max and min damage, and be done with it.

UnLucky
Oct 11, 2014, 07:38 PM
If it truly is 80% damage, then that'd mean something like 60% WAtk, right? That would be achievable with a pure Dex mag, more or less. I remember that post about the extra Dex making no noticeable difference, but I'd prefer more confirmation cause that's pretty damning.

Walkure
Oct 11, 2014, 07:44 PM
If the weapon's attack makes up half of the player's net attack (including attribute and enemy def), it would, but I don't know whether that's true or not.

Rayden
Oct 11, 2014, 07:53 PM
This wiki page appears to have been updated for the crafting buff: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%83%95%E3%83%88#ba1 e3a5f In particular, it seems to say that Silva crafted weapons have 235 DEX (10 stars) or 242 DEX (11 stars). I'm not sure if this is always, or assuming a weapon with 1000 ATK. I have trouble understanding the translation.

Selphea
Oct 11, 2014, 08:24 PM
I can't read Japanese, but this page seems to have detailed information about how the new crafting minimum damage works: https://gist.github.com/elvl/3158032

Anyone want to translate?

The relevant section seems to be under 算出方法 (Calculation method).

From what I can make of it, it seems to suggest that Silva-crafts have a Weapon Adjustment value of 100 + (150 x (Grind Value - 100%)), where "Grind Value" is the ATK multiplier for a given Grind level.

For example, a 10* weapon at +10 would have a multiplier of 190%, so it has a Weapon Adjustment of 100 + (150 x 90%) = 235.

After that, your min ATK is calculated as:

((Your Dex x PA adjustment) - Enemy Dex + Weapon Adjustment) * 0.4

This is adjusted for 90% of weapon ATK as upper limit and 10% as lower limit.

I'm surprised it said 0.4. I thought the Dex multiplier was 2?

NB: I rewrote "100 + 150 * (強化の伸び率 - 1)" to add a second bracket and converted the 1 to 100% for clarity.

This wiki page appears to have been updated for the crafting buff: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%83%95%E3%83%88#ba1 e3a5f In particular, it seems to say that Silva crafted weapons have 235 DEX (10 stars) or 242 DEX (11 stars). I'm not sure if this is always, or assuming a weapon with 1000 ATK. I have trouble understanding the translation.

235 and 242 are based on the Grind Value of a 10* and 11* weapon at +10 Grind: 190% and 195% respectively.

Edit: Also, Swiki doesn't mention a 0.4x multiplier, the chart suggests it's 1x.

Rayden
Oct 11, 2014, 08:47 PM
So crafted weapons just give a fixed amount of DEX? Doesn't that makes it better for low ATK weapons and bad for high ATK weapons?

Selphea
Oct 11, 2014, 09:08 PM
So crafted weapons just give a fixed amount of DEX? Doesn't that makes it better for low ATK weapons and bad for high ATK weapons?

Well a low ATK weapon and a high ATK weapon at the same rarity would have the same ATK after crafting, and higher rarity weapons do get higher Dex...

Walkure
Oct 11, 2014, 09:20 PM
The relevant section seems to be under 算出方法 (Calculation method).

From what I can make of it, it seems to suggest that Silva-crafts have a Weapon Adjustment value of 100 + (150 x (Grind Value - 100%)), where "Grind Value" is the ATK multiplier for a given Grind level.

For example, a 10* weapon at +10 would have a multiplier of 190%, so it has a Weapon Adjustment of 100 + (150 x 90%) = 235.

After that, your min ATK is calculated as:

((Your Dex x PA adjustment) - Enemy Dex + Weapon Adjustment) * 0.4

This is adjusted for 90% of weapon ATK as upper limit and 10% as lower limit.That might be interesting if true. Such a wonky choice to peg it to grind bonus, but whatever.

I'm surprised it said 0.4. I thought the Dex multiplier was 2?

The damage formula divides net attack by 5 and then multiplies by all modifiers. So my best guess is that they factored that in (since 2.0/5 = 0.4).

If that isn't the case, then that's some mad wonky requirements to cap DEX. Even with 125% DEX modifier on PA, zero enemy DEX, and a 1000-ATK weapon (that used to be a 10*) that means to cap DEX (90% of weapon attack) you'd need

((Your Dex x PA adjustment) - Enemy Dex + Weapon Adjustment) * 0.4 = 90% * Weapon Attack
((Your Dex x 125%) - 0 + 235) * 0.4 = 90% * 1000
Solve for required DEX:
Your Dex = (90% * 1000 / 0.4 - 235)/125% = 1612 DEX

That makes like no sense whatsoever.

Edit: Also, Swiki doesn't mention a 0.4x multiplier, the chart suggests it's 1x.
Is this chart for average damage?

Selphea
Oct 11, 2014, 09:31 PM
The damage formula divides net attack by 5 and then multiplies by all modifiers. So my best guess is that they factored that in (since 2.0/5 = 0.4).

Ah that makes more sense then.

Is this chart for average damage?

Yea the one with 技量差. My bad, I misread. It's also double Dex there.

Xaelouse
Oct 11, 2014, 09:54 PM
http://4rt.info/psod/
This has been recently updated. According to it, you need 610 dex to completely close the variance gap on a lvl.8 extend sword. Need even less DEX for weapons weaker than sword I suppose?

LonelyGaruga
Oct 11, 2014, 10:30 PM
Well a low ATK weapon and a high ATK weapon at the same rarity would have the same ATK after crafting, and higher rarity weapons do get higher Dex...

He meant weapons of differing attack stats, like Twin Daggers vs Knuckles.

Walkure
Oct 11, 2014, 11:21 PM
It's not correlated to weapon attack, so it would.

Twin Daggers max extended have 729 weapon attack. That'd make the DEX difference required to cap 45%*729 = 328.
Players have 430ish DEX minimum. A level 65 mob had 302-303 DEX, so I'd imagine a level 70 mob would have something like 320ish.
So if it were an additive bonus like that implies, a crafted 10* Twin Dagger should be capped without any additional DEX put in.
The weapon attack where that'd stop being the case for 10*s would be

235 + (430-320) ≤ 45%*W
So
W ≥ 766

Basically just Twin Daggers then. Double Sabers would be close enough that you couldn't notice a difference (they have 780 ATK). But that's just assuming 100% DEX modifier from weapon PAs.

UnLucky
Oct 13, 2014, 10:19 PM
Awesome, so crafting is only useful for rare weapons that don't need crafting to be useful.

SEGA