PDA

View Full Version : Gu/Hu vs Gu/Br

suzaku0zero0
Oct 12, 2014, 10:29 PM
Which one does more dps or better after the Gu changes?
If u mainly use tmg?

Sayara
Oct 12, 2014, 10:40 PM
I'd say gubr would get higher burst with weak stance. But Hu sub has more stable damage. Simular to how ragu is a super strong burst attacker in the past.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 13, 2014, 12:10 AM
The answer is obviously Gu/Fi

Nikoshae
Oct 13, 2014, 12:16 AM
The answer is obviously Gu/Fi

You know, I actually chuckled at this for a moment... and then thought to myself that this combination is actually not bad lol ... Brave Stance and Chase Advance coupled with a pair of TMG's with Poison or something on it would lead to nice bursts.

Just my thought. I haven't personally played Gunner in a long time.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 13, 2014, 12:23 AM
Well, with the 'change' to Stylish JA, Gunners are better off using JA Arts Combo

Selphea
Oct 13, 2014, 02:13 AM
If only there was a second ranged PA to Tech Arts JA with (no Infinite Fire doesn't exist anymore)

Aine
Oct 13, 2014, 11:39 AM
GuBr(BrGu) has insane burst damage against bosses, but with a bow. It's actually possible to kill Luther in under 50 seconds with Chain-Banish-Nemesis before he warps away.

But for normal Gu play with TMGs against mobs go GuHu or GuFi.

Sandmind
Oct 13, 2014, 02:29 PM
Weak Stance for TMG is basicly RA's WHA. And both WHA combined make WS look ... well weak.

HeyItsTHK
Oct 13, 2014, 03:15 PM
GuBr(BrGu) has insane burst damage against bosses, but with a bow. It's actually possible to kill Luther in under 50 seconds with Chain-Banish-Nemesis before he warps away.

whoa hey what? there a video of this? O_O

Zorak000
Oct 13, 2014, 04:08 PM
Gu/Fi is the better bet here, you can use a non-JA'd Satellite Aim instead of a basic attack to cash in on Tech Arts fastest, or use Dead Approach to close the gap to ensure you are close enough for Zero Range. Reverse Tap could be used to prime a JA for Shift Period. Aerial Shooting into Elder Rebellion for those times you gotta get airborne and stay there (the slow-moving loser discs)

side-benefit, Satellite Aim can set you up for more damage if you got an investment in Ariel Advance :v though so could an uncharged heel-stab...

I wanna see a crit-based Fi/Gu in action someday... especially now that we got crit damage potential TMGs out

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 14, 2014, 04:21 AM

How would that work by the time you apply banish then use final nemesis the chain would of worn off,

Sandmind
Oct 14, 2014, 06:05 PM
Simply by aiming JA'ed Banish at an another spot and have rest of your party focus the Chain marked spot to keep it alive (and bring it to 100 fast), then Nemesis the Chain spot, sit down and watch the ticking bomb show.

Edit: Not like you would need to be RABR for WB in a party setup anyways.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 14, 2014, 07:18 PM
Simply by aiming JA'ed Banish at an another spot and have rest of your party focus the Chain marked spot to keep it alive (and bring it to 100 fast), then Nemesis the Chain spot, sit down and watch the ticking bomb show.

Edit: Not like you would need to be RABR for WB in a party setup anyways.

wow nice, ok so that has to be done with a party not soloing like i thought. I might try that i would like a new Max Damage 1.1mil at this stage during XQ.

Rehal
Oct 14, 2014, 09:23 PM
wow nice, ok so that has to be done with a party not soloing like i thought. I might try that i would like a new Max Damage 1.1mil at this stage during XQ.

You can do 10m damage off coast rodos with a wb from friend

UnLucky
Oct 14, 2014, 10:50 PM
Weak Stance for TMG is basicly RA's WHA. And both WHA combined make WS look ... well weak.
This.

From strongest to weakest:

Gu/Ra for headshots and WB
Gu/Fi for position-dependent combos
Gu/Hu for super lazy unrestricted playstyle (or defensive)
Gu/Br for headshots with a bow and/or your party has enough WB

Like yeah, WB+CT+Banish is great, but it sucks without WB. And WHA is way better than WS. Gu/Ra or Ra/Br would be more self sufficient.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 14, 2014, 11:10 PM
You can do 10m damage off coast rodos with a wb from friend

why don't i see this more in Loser/Luther EQ, it would save a ton of time heh.

UnLucky
Oct 14, 2014, 11:20 PM
Only people in your party can raise your CT, so Gu/Br is pretty worthless when solo.

Rehal
Oct 14, 2014, 11:23 PM
why don't i see this more in Loser/Luther EQ, it would save a ton of time heh.
Too gimmick
Luther needs to be stunned by breaking his arms or else chain and banish arrow will reset every time he teleports around.
Also needs a Ra friend to wb his beak during his regeneration.

Kinda related: 1m7 damage BA from 300k finish with ~30 chain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zlEcF8Eg08"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zlEcF8Eg08

Aine
Oct 15, 2014, 02:30 AM
You can do it consistently in this order:
1. Mirage clock
2. Break clock
3. Break one arm
4. CT+Banish+Nemesis on the clock, while Bouncers build/maintain the chain with PBF

During arm regeneration he doesn't warp away no matter how much damage you deal, which is why Clock→Arm→Clock is better than Clock→Clock.

Achelousaurus
Oct 15, 2014, 03:55 AM
Good to know.
Also, Master Shot (point blank required?) for max Banish Arrow damage?