PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Satellite Cannon hits from top down now, hence head WBs. Other WB tips included.

TaigaUC
Oct 13, 2014, 07:07 PM
Edit: I felt that I should clarify, this post was originally mainly in the context of Base/Tower Defense 3 (Despair).

Generally, the best place for WB is influenced by factors including but not limited to:
- Number of people who are attacking the target.
- The classes of people attacking the target. Melee won't be able to reach some points.
- Whether the target is being attacked by an AIS. Some AIS players will go straight for Ragne's core and ignore its leg.
- Whether the target has a boost infection. For example, Zeshirayda hides its head, but the boost infection is always exposed.
- Whether certain weak points receive far more damage.
- If a base is being attacked by a boss, or a boss is too mobile, priority should be to incapacitate them (eg. Ragne's leg).

WBers need to decide which WB point leads to the most efficient result, by considering factors such as these.
It's important to adapt to the situation as required.
If a target already has a WB on it, and you are going to overwrite it, first ask yourself whether the WB is intentionally placed for a good reason, or whether it was a miss.

If you can, it's also good to discuss with other WB users who should handle which targets.
It's also a good idea to tell people ahead of time where you are going to aim.
I've seen people announce that they will go from Biblas' leg to its butt, or just its head.
You can also notify people that are you are a WB user in the customizable message under your name.

For TD3, we need people in many places at once, so it's more efficient to limit the people on each boss.
That's where WB+SatCan/Last Nemesis shine. A single player per boss leaves a lot of other players to handle other important tasks.

Original slightly edited post:

I'm posting this because people keep overwriting our head shot WBs with foot WBs.
It's especially annoying when a head WB gets overwritten 0.5 seconds before our Last Nemesis hits for 300k+.

I'm guessing people aren't aware of how Satellite Cannon has been changed.
It's not simply a damage nerf, it works differently from before.
Satellite Cannon has been changed to hit from the top down.

Please aim for the enemy's head or a high weak point, not their base/foot (unless it's Ragne, etc).
If you see WB already applied on the boss' head, please don't overwrite it.

If you see the WB is placed badly (ie. they missed the head), and they're not refreshing it (ie. their WB is on cooldown), feel free to try correcting their mistake.

Example, thanks Ordy:

And this is how you WB Decolle, please don't WB bottom part, it's useless now and a Sat cannon 1-hits a decolle with decent light AR.

http://i.imgur.com/Epjxt2Q.jpg

Also, if you see a WB user on a boss, especially a Bow or SatCan user, don't assist unless you have nothing else to do.
A single WB+SatCan/Bow user can take out a boss alone.
They don't need 11 people assisting whilst Goldradas destroy our bases/towers.
Especially if you're in an AIS. We don't need 2-4 AIS on a single boss.
However, please assist if the WB user is not attacking, because it probably means their weapon sucks.

In Tower/Base Defense, defending bases/towers should be top priority.

Edit: Removed explanation for why I'm specifically posting this here.
Edit2: Resorted and rephrased some stuff for more clarity.

Ordy
Oct 13, 2014, 07:24 PM
And this is how you WB Decolle, please don't WB bottom part, it's useless now and a Sat cannon 1-hits a decolle with decent light AR.

http://i.imgur.com/Epjxt2Q.jpg

Maenara
Oct 13, 2014, 07:26 PM
I get that you're trying to be helpful, but do you really have to slip in "EN players are bad" in almost every single post where you complain about other players?

This. Also, methinks Satellite Cannon needs a bigger nerf. People are still overcentralizing on it.

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 13, 2014, 07:50 PM
I usually see people WB dark ragne's leg then we quickly break it then they wb it's core and it dies.

If you only wb it's head it still moves and your sat cannon may miss :O

Ordy
Oct 13, 2014, 08:10 PM
Taiga was most likely referring to Vibrace (head and not leg) .. because you don't usually WB ragne's head :x

Skize
Oct 13, 2014, 08:27 PM
It's situational where to WB and SC, but this is nice to know! I actually quit cause of the DDOS and now thinking of coming back due to boredom

Walkure
Oct 13, 2014, 09:11 PM
I don't see Satellite Cannon much at all on Ship10 PUGs, even with all JP names.

Kondibon
Oct 13, 2014, 09:29 PM
I get your sentiment Taiga, but it really bothers me that you think this is the place your guides will reach the most people. Quite a few english players either avoid PSO-W, don't know it exists, or simply don't frequent it enough. Are you going to other communities? 4-chan and reddit both have quite a few english players that either hate, or don't know about PSO-W.

Then there's the fact that they'd have to find your guides in the first place. I'd recommend making a master thread for anything like this with links to all your other threads and putting that in your sig.

If you want this to have an impact you're gonna have to go out of your way to expose people to it who otherwise wouldn't see it. Don't go on about how you're trying to help the community by posting small guides on a single website that's almost entirely composed of people who have a decent understanding of the game, then act confused as to why the randoms in MPAs haven't read them.

Thanks for the tip though.

Okay, I'm just going to apologize if I've unintentionally offended anyone.
Sorry if people are taking unnecessary offense when I react to seeing EN players playing badly.

Obviously, if you aren't playing badly then I'm not referring to you.
There's absolutely no reason for good players to take offense.

Just ignore me if you already know how to play well.
If you're taking offense at my referring to EN players, then please do your part and try to educate the players who aren't playing well.Just to clarify what I said, I don't think what you're doing is bad, I just think the reason EN players tend to be bad is because of how fractured our community is. There's no centralized place where the majority of the community goes, so hoping people find this stuff on their own isn't gonna work.

EDIT: Found a more concise way to say it: I don't have a problem with you wanting EN players to get better, I just think your methods aren't thorough enough to make a big impact.

milranduil
Oct 13, 2014, 09:46 PM
This. Also, methinks Satellite Cannon needs a bigger nerf. People are still overcentralizing on it.

Meanwhile banish + LN still does 1mil dmg easily if you can aim.

TaigaUC
Oct 13, 2014, 09:51 PM
Thanks, I really appreciate your post Kondibon.
I don't mind being criticized fairly like that. You're completely correct.

My perception of PSO-World is that its always been the "main" Phantasy Star site, even back in PSO1 days.
PSO-World still calls itself the largest Phantasy Star community, and I heard it was even involved in collborating with SEGA for special PSU promotion events.

A while ago, I went looking for other EN PSO2 community forums. I didn't find any.
Personally, I've always avoided 4chan and I don't go to Reddit unless someone links me a thread.
I figured that if anyone's going to see anything, making a thread in PSO-World's general forum would be the best way to go about it.
People who do visit 4chan and Reddit could easily link to posts here, like the Tweaker and Bumped have in the past.

When I make posts like these, it's both to express frustration and to try and prevent the same thing from happening again.
I don't think anybody around here enjoys being frustrated like that.

Even if it's posted on Reddit or 4chan, I think people who aren't actively going out of their way to get information will probably never learn. They don't really care enough to.
There are always new players as well. The most we can do is periodically make threads about it, in the hopes that they see it.
If we don't keep writing about it, people aren't going to realize there's a problem.

So if you see me make one of these posts, it's not intended for the good players on this forum, even though it's the good players who are attacking me for doing so.
If these kinds of posts are really that offensive, I'll refrain from doing so.

Edit: Oh, and when I do see people address these problems in game, they just yell abuse like "Fuck you!", "You fuckers!", etc.
I don't do that, because it doesn't solve anything.

Meanwhile banish + LN still does 1mil dmg easily if you can aim.
Yeah. I like it because it's high risk, high reward.
Satellite Cannon is sort of like that too.

Chdata
Oct 13, 2014, 10:24 PM
I'm posting this because people keep overwriting our head shot WBs with foot WBs.
It's especially annoying when a head WB gets overwritten 0.5 seconds before our Last Nemesis hits for 300k+.

Aim for the enemy's head or a high weak point, not their foot.

I'm guessing people are coming back from a hiatus and not realizing Satellite Cannon has been changed. Or they don't read balance updates.
I noticed that most of the people doing this seem to be EN players. That's why I'm posting about it here.

Also, if you see a WB user on a boss, especially a Bow or SatCan user, don't assist unless you have nothing else to do.
However, please assist if the WB user is not attacking, because it probably means their weapon sucks.

I'm guessing people are coming back from a hiatus and not realizing Satellite Cannon has been changed. Or they don't read balance updates.

[B]EDITED TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

LotusFX
Oct 13, 2014, 10:27 PM
I don't see Satellite Cannon much at all on Ship10 PUGs, even with all JP names.

That's why I started leveling my Ra. :wacko: Lack of WB in most quests. During TD3 however, other Ra would put that on Malluda's base which annoys me too. There are always WB fights. Then I told myself, this is how it feels being a Ra.

TaigaUC
Oct 13, 2014, 10:36 PM
I actually enjoy seeing Arksenth being silly now. It's funny.

I just realized I even cautiously explained in the first post that I'm only posting about it here because I noticed a lot of EN players doing it, especially in comparison to JP players doing it.
It makes sense because EN players aren't as likely to have known that Satellite Cannon was changed.
Everybody knows the mechanics in this game are vague as hell.

By the way, I don't have a "best friend".

Anyway, testing signature.

branflakes325
Oct 13, 2014, 10:39 PM
I appreciate you posting advice and tutorials every now and then, but I can't take you seriously when you make posts like this. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3164136&postcount=8753)

Most of us don't take offense. It's just annoying, unnecessary and not even subtle.

IndigoNovember
Oct 13, 2014, 10:41 PM

I noticed that most of the people doing this seem to be EN players. That's why I'm posting about it here.

I'd just take out that part altogether since it's not helpful information, unlike the rest of the post which is.

TaigaUC
Oct 13, 2014, 10:55 PM
I appreciate you posting advice and tutorials every now and then, but I can't take you seriously when you make posts like this. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3164136&postcount=8753)

Most of us don't take offense. It's just annoying, unnecessary and not even subtle.

I don't really want to keep posting new threads like "don't solo large packs and waste everyone's time", so I just insert that into random posts I make, and hope people happen to read it.

People are still doing that, by the way. In the previous TD1, a single Bouncer kept doing that.
They wasted at least 30 seconds each time. Ended up missing a third run by a few seconds. It makes a difference.
That Bouncer seemed to be a JP player. Yes, both JP and EN players keep doing it, and I really don't understand why.

I'd just take out that part altogether since it's not helpful information, unlike the rest of the post which is.

Okay, I'll remove the EN part to make people happy.
But I think it's kinda important for people to realize that vague changes happen.

I'd imagine most people right now just think Satellite Cannon got nerfed, rather than that it works differently.
And I did originally imply that. I didn't just say "EN players suck".
It's completely valid that they might not realize it was changed, even if it is frustrating.

Haruo's solution is to group with people who know what to do.
That doesn't solve the problem for everyone else.

Oh, and one more thing... the main reason I chose ship 2 was to reconnect with an old PSO veteran programmer friend that I lost contact with.
I figured they would be on ship 2, and they were.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 13, 2014, 11:19 PM

SATELLITE CANNON is overcentralizing?
http://i.imgur.com/IR23HMn.jpg

branflakes325
Oct 14, 2014, 12:54 AM
Your posts would be more constructive if directed at all players without mentioning specific groups. Your remarks most likely distract readers from the points you're trying to make anyway. You know that, right?

On topic: What do you think is the best way for an MPA to take down Vibras? It seems like the same rules apply for WB, but Vibras is difficult to take down when handled by fewer players.

reaper527
Oct 14, 2014, 01:38 PM
is there any kind of list for "wb here for these bosses, in this order" list? i don't consider myself to be a top tier ra, and while some wb locations are obvious (falz arms and wolgh for example) others are less obvious.

example, i've heard that for vibras the best thing to do is to wb his leg so the mp can knock him down, and then wb his ass. i ALWAYS see people wb'ing his face, and when i try to move it where i think it belongs, they move it back. another less obvious one is "stomache or face" for rockbear, but there are a bunch of bosses where the ideal wb spot isn't obvious. at what point does "i can hit this easily as a ra" get outweighed by "this part is really hard for anyone else to hit".

a simple thread with "if you are a ra, put your wb here/follow this wb progression" would actually be very beneficial for a lot of people (especially if it had a chart like the melludah pic in the OP in this thread).

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2014, 01:50 PM
a simple thread with "if you are a ra, put your wb here/follow this wb progression" would actually be very beneficial for a lot of people (especially if it had a chart like the melludah pic in the OP in this thread).I second this idea.

Z-0
Oct 14, 2014, 02:58 PM
On topic: What do you think is the best way for an MPA to take down Vibras? It seems like the same rules apply for WB, but Vibras is difficult to take down when handled by fewer players.
Depends how many people are attacking him.

The absolute best way is to have about 4+ strong players (number will vary on player strength, even 3P is fine, for example), WB his foot, stun him to expose his back weakpoint and then kill him before he gets up.

If you don't have lots of players attacking Bibras though, the best method would be to WB his horn and have a FO spam Ilgrants for stun. This is not extremely effective though, as it relies on RNG panic and hopes that Bibras doesn't fly around a lot if you don't get Panic, but it's better than alternatives.

example, i've heard that for vibras the best thing to do is to wb his leg so the mp can knock him down, and then wb his ass. i ALWAYS see people wb'ing his face, and when i try to move it where i think it belongs, they move it back. another less obvious one is "stomache or face" for rockbear, but there are a bunch of bosses where the ideal wb spot isn't obvious. at what point does "i can hit this easily as a ra" get outweighed by "this part is really hard for anyone else to hit".
The problem in PUGs is "Pugstar" mentality, if you will. It's not how to play correctly as a team, but how do things best by yourself. Unfortunately everyone considers randoms "bad", when randoms are random, not bad. I mean, 4-run TD1 has been done in PUGs numerous times, for example, so try to play like a team, not try to carry and solo as much as possible.

TaigaUC
Oct 14, 2014, 06:05 PM
After thinking about it more, I realized the main post was too vague and situational.
I've updated it with clarification and more general information.

My apologies for any confusion or misinformation.

Also, perhaps this thread should be moved to guides/walkthroughs.
It'd make more sense there, but perhaps many people won't see it there.

I felt that I should clarify, this post was originally mainly in the context of Base/Tower Defense 3 (Despair).

Generally, the best place for WB is influenced by factors including but not limited to:
- Number of people who are attacking the target.
- The classes of people attacking the target. Melee won't be able to reach some points.
- Whether the target is being attacked by an AIS. Some AIS players will go straight for Ragne's core and ignore its leg.
- Whether the target has a boost infection. For example, Zeshirayda hides its head, but the boost infection is always exposed.
- Whether certain weak points receive far more damage.
- If a base is being attacked by a boss, or a boss is too mobile, priority should be to incapacitate them (eg. Ragne's leg).

WBers need to decide which WB point leads to the most efficient result, by considering factors such as these.
It's important to adapt to the situation as required.
If a target already has a WB on it, and you are going to overwrite it, first ask yourself whether the WB is intentionally placed for a good reason, or whether it was a miss.

If you can, it's also good to discuss with other WB users who should handle which targets.
It's also a good idea to tell people ahead of time where you are going to aim.
I've seen people announce that they will go from Biblas' leg to its butt, or just its head.
You can also notify people that are you are a WB user in the customizable message under your name.

For TD3, we need people in many places at once, so it's more efficient to limit the people on each boss.
That's where WB+SatCan/Last Nemesis shine. A single player per boss leaves a lot of other players to handle other important tasks.

Feel free to correct me if I've made any mistakes or provided incorrect information.

RadiantLegend
Oct 14, 2014, 06:43 PM
Hey for the masses that don't appreciate your guides, I sure do and I'm sure many lurkers so as well. Thanks for the info.

obsexed
Oct 14, 2014, 06:47 PM
same here, thanks for the guides lad.

Xaelouse
Oct 14, 2014, 07:01 PM
Your guides are wonderful and I thought your ranting on english players were funny. :V

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 14, 2014, 07:13 PM
I know how it feels, i usually play as RA/BR during TD3, I once WB the infection on Vibrace, I changed to bow and used banish but then someone WB its Back, i had it lined up for a 600-700k hit but nope ... but next time i will inform people about my intentions, i think most people are not aware of the damage RA/BR can do.

Flaoc
Oct 14, 2014, 08:14 PM
I know how it feels, i usually play as RA/BR during TD3, I once WB the infection on Vibrace, I changed to bow and used banish but then someone WB its Back, i had it lined up for a 600-700k hit but nope ... but next time i will inform people about my intentions, i think most people are not aware of the damage RA/BR can do.

this reminds me of a beckoning darkness (angel eq) run where i wb the ringa's head then pull out my bow and use banish arrow but... right when i activate final nemesis some douchebag wb's the core which is only exposed for like 3 seconds thus preventing me from seriously damaging or outright killing the ringa.. sigh

Achelousaurus
Oct 15, 2014, 04:11 AM
So, wtf is the point of WB on Vibra' head instead of the ass?
Ass is exposed most of the time and simply HUUUGEEE.
Everyone can reach it, from melee over ra/fo to AIS and easily to boot.

Got way pissed when recently I used WB on the ass, climbed into my AIS but when my Giant Beam of Death (tm) was hitting, someone had overwritten the ass WB with a pointless head WB no one can even lock onto.

Rien
Oct 15, 2014, 04:35 AM
Unless it's dark vibras yuga, I don't see the point in using the giant beam of death for a boss instead of a gohlrada wave.