PDA

View Full Version : 11/12 EQs

Dugs
Oct 14, 2014, 03:39 AM
Okay, I have to ask, for a good few days now, every single EQ that I hop in on starts out at 12/12, then lowers down to 11. TD's, mothership angel runs, probably Darker Den too.

Is there just an enormous amount of trolls doing this or just a severe amount of people looking at the classes everyone else is and thinking "I'm not getting as many runs as I can with THIS group"?

Xaeris
Oct 14, 2014, 03:54 AM
Could be a few different reasons. As you say, some people see the room makeup, or consider the performance of the first wave and decide it's not in their best interests to stay or it could be people trolling. But I'd say the most likely and common explanation is that people d/c or crash.

isCasted
Oct 14, 2014, 03:54 AM
I'd say it could be an enormous amount of disconnects (added to what you say).

final_attack
Oct 14, 2014, 04:02 AM
Might also because of GameGuard ...... I dunno why, since sometimes GameGuard decided to give a memory error, forcing me to quit game whenever I moved from Campship to game-area (non-lobby .... or whenever it want it to happen, anywhere, anytime.).

Followed by "must restart PC" and then "must do a file check" before I'm able to log in again (with GameGuard error message, of course, that'll force you to open GameGuard page using IE). Failure to do so, will give you a chance to make the PC go BSOD ._. b

Also, it could be connection issues too. People with VPN service might having some problems with the connection ...... especially free ones.

In other words, might be hardware / software issues.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 14, 2014, 04:12 AM
I was just in a 12/12 MPA but it dropped down to 8/12 its like a party thought it would be funny to leave.

wefwq
Oct 14, 2014, 04:46 AM
Losing 1 person isn't really an issue, that's probably just random DC or crash.
Why being so mad about it, shits happen every now and then.

The only legit reason to mad if you see some people leave Lead Border Breaker EQ right after they loot Mizer/Tranzexia drop crystals.

Mesarthim
Oct 14, 2014, 04:53 AM
The only legit reason to mad if you see some people leave Lead Border Breaker EQ right after they loot Mizer/Tranzexia drop crystals.

I remember during the last grand prix I ended up soloing both cougars one run on SH because everyone else left. The good news is one other person ended up making it to the cougars but left shortly after.

Oh well. I wasn't too bothered by it really.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 14, 2014, 05:19 AM

Lol yeah in my case we where running Shironia EQ it dropped down to 8/12 straight away then all of sudden 7/12, that's something to be mad about be we manage without them and seen rare ginna-gam

Neith
Oct 14, 2014, 05:56 AM
I mainly notice this in Mining Base Defense (particularly TD3), and sometimes I'll quit a party if the opening waves go badly. I tend to think that if the towers are taking significant damage in the first few waves then there's no way they'll beat Wave 7-8.

Sometimes people will drop out as time goes on (in EQs like Forest) but then you may notice the player count increase again as more people take their place. Also, near the end of an emergency mission's session quite a lot of people will ditch parties to start another run so they can maximise the amount of time in an emergency mission.

If it's just 1 person leaving though then it could be a d/c like some people have said. Plenty of reasons really.

wefwq
Oct 14, 2014, 06:05 AM
Lol yeah in my case we where running Shironia EQ it dropped down to 8/12 straight away then all of sudden 7/12, that's something to be mad about be we manage without them and seen rare ginna-gam
What minute when that happens, some people loves to abandon quest on :28 minute mark and grab new one because muh EXP and RARE DROP!
Personally i doing this sometimes for certain EQ (especially seasonal event EQ)

Even more worse, those people get kicked by their own party leader only to troll them.

DJcooltrainer
Oct 14, 2014, 08:14 AM
It's most likely because of our dear friend, error code 630.

Vampy
Oct 14, 2014, 08:19 AM
Sometimes it is a DC but other times once one leaves the players start dropping like flies and I highly doubt that is just a DC. Really I look at how the MPA is often to see if it's just the one person if it is I think it's a DC. If not long after I feel people left because they are too fearful of failing and in the end we still end up winning sure not in a pretty fashion but we still manage to win. Yesterday was a big example the MPA was 12/12 then I DC half way through round 8 in TD3 and in the time it took me to log back on and move blocks I couldn't manage to get another run.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 14, 2014, 10:55 AM
And you know what's funny (or not funny), once a bunch of players start dropping out of TD's because they feel the MPA sucks ass, more often than not, they end right back with these same folks when they start a new one.... which means they'll feel like dropping out once again because the new MPA "sucks".

And so the cycle continues.....

wefwq
Oct 14, 2014, 12:05 PM
And you know what's funny (or not funny), once a bunch of players start dropping out of TD's because they feel the MPA sucks ass, more often than not, they end right back with these same folks when they start a new one.... which means they'll feel like dropping out once again because the new MPA "sucks".

And so the cycle continues.....
Worst case they end up in 6/12 MPA and EQ ends.

Helvetica Standard
Oct 14, 2014, 12:14 PM

Burn the witches. Burn them with all the fire.

GALEFORCE
Oct 14, 2014, 03:51 PM

Why would anyone bother finishing it? You get all the good loot up front!

Dragon_Knight
Oct 14, 2014, 04:36 PM
For me 11/12 group nothing to freak out about. Though I hate the parties that get started on a eq and then bail 20 seconds in for whatever reasons they have. One of my most recent doritos fights had a full party with 10 mins before the loser fight. We all get started and 30 seconds in and entire party drops out of the fight, that was fine we all were missing the wb guy who was with that party, but we kept going and five mins later we were STILL fighting him. That's when everyone else bailed except for us and one lone guy. We never did finish that fight.

The loser fight was similar, we all got started. We had one guy with a wb and one guy with mirage. Well we had the clock open up one three separate occasions and it wasn't until the clock face closed on the last time that the guy with wb decided to use it. We saw half of the mpa drop out right there, then we followed suit a few mins later. Another one where we never got to finish the fight.

It gets irritating to see everyone bail with one set back as if everything has to go perfect every time to finish it. -_-;;

obsexed
Oct 14, 2014, 06:28 PM
whats wrong with leaving after looting mizer? if you were looking for exp you're better off repeating the mizers/zexias, money+exp=win.

Skyly
Oct 14, 2014, 06:31 PM
whats wrong with leaving after looting mizer? if you were looking for exp you're better off repeating the mizers/zexias, money+exp=win.

Tagami >

obsexed
Oct 14, 2014, 06:32 PM
Tagami >

gl with that m8, better off doing them aqs

horseship
Oct 14, 2014, 06:38 PM
Aside from the tagami chance, you can also sell 5-6 slot power/shoot/tech I fodders, especially if they have mutation on them. Even 6 slot nothing fetches decent amount. I'd argue that you make more money by looting Cougars than you do by just killing Mizers and resetting.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 14, 2014, 07:16 PM
What minute when that happens, some people loves to abandon quest on :28 minute mark and grab new one because muh EXP and RARE DROP!
Personally i doing this sometimes for certain EQ (especially seasonal event EQ)

Even more worse, those people get kicked by their own party leader only to troll them.

It happened yes at 28mins, but we just started the MPA so i was really confused why they left, i couldn't imagine 5 players would of been DC/ed.

Zorua
Oct 14, 2014, 07:41 PM
I hate it when people start dropping out of Despair because we couldn't get a 12th person before the 30 minute mark. We were going to be fine, but you just ruined everything!

Aquanos
Oct 15, 2014, 12:34 AM

No reason not too leave anymore. Cougar has 12 Man MPA HP when you arrive at the final stage. Take that plus the fact of there probably being 7/12 people? Did I mention it's Cougar NX...

Hobu
Oct 15, 2014, 12:38 AM
I leave the EQ in Despair when nearly half of the players are doing horribly and we get a base destroyed at wave 3. If all 4 bases are still standing after wave 6, even if it's an 8/12, then there's no real reason to leave.

UnLucky
Oct 15, 2014, 01:12 AM
Aside from the tagami chance, you can also sell 5-6 slot power/shoot/tech I fodders, especially if they have mutation on them. Even 6 slot nothing fetches decent amount. I'd argue that you make more money by looting Cougars than you do by just killing Mizers and resetting.
If Tamagotchi spawned every time I'd never ditch after Mizer

Cougar drops me just as much nothing as Mizer, so I'd rather farm twice as many chances for fodder I can actually use myself

Achelousaurus
Oct 15, 2014, 04:06 AM

Wut?
You better be prepared for this.
It's Mizer unit hunting and it's common and makes more sense than fighting cougar for shitty drops and it's not even a fun fight.
Not saying you shouldn't do it, but this is as common as beating normal Doritos to get your max Luther drop rate and not waiting for 12/12 cause it's lvl 70 people vs a normal boss.

Anyway, the worst is TD 1 or 2 where people leave after 1.5 runs when they aren't good enough for 3 (fail) and just want some exp from the 0.5 runs or TD 3 where people see a tower get scratched in wave 1 or 2 and then it's 2/12 by wave 3.
That's why you have to check mpa counter every couple of minutes in TD.

Worst case they end up in 6/12 MPA and EQ ends.
Yeah, too many idiots can't even check the clock.
And once I had a jerk party leader that started a 3rd run of TD even though I asked him to wait for me to pick up rares.
We were 4/12 with 3 underlvled people in TD1. GJ!

Tagami >
You mean there is a reasonable chance to get Tagami in that tiny stretch between the fixed count boss fights?
If you want Tagami, that's the wrong EQ. So much better to do the desert guerrillas one or whatever it's called.

I hate it when people start dropping out of Despair because we couldn't get a 12th person before the 30 minute mark. We were going to be fine, but you just ruined everything!
On the other hand, I hate it when people are impatient dolts.
Last time I left a 6/12 TD3 and joined a new one at the 21 minute mark and the retards started with 7/12.
Half of them the same people that had left the first run.
So, people that cannot carry hard enough themselves think if there are no other people around, their own performance will be magically buffed.

GALEFORCE
Oct 15, 2014, 07:52 AM
I find it massively annoying when pugs take forever to loot rares. If you're so concerned about looting, you should have enough space in your inv to grab it all and sort through it during the wait time on the next run.

The best part is when they throw a hissy-fit for H or VH rares, then leave, depriving us of extra exp. Love it.

Achelousaurus
Oct 15, 2014, 11:10 AM
Cause clearly, you can rock TD 1 with a single decent player and 3 lvl 602ish people who are quite new.
And clearly, no need for any kind of 10* or 11* that drops from TD. Definitely ALL trash and how DARE people complain when you screw them over for nothing, should be the birthright of every lvl 70 player.

GALEFORCE
Oct 15, 2014, 01:30 PM
And it's perfectly OK for some slowbutt to take 3 minutes to loot while 3 other party members who actually prepared space for the drops potentially miss their second td3.

UnLucky
Oct 15, 2014, 02:36 PM
I've looted, made space for all 10* and 11* drops with full inventory and storage, sent a GJ to the MPA, said "restart~" in party chat, telepiped, then waited until *:59.

And they STILL complain.

LordKaiser
Oct 15, 2014, 05:05 PM
This is why few people do parties during the Tower EQs. (For both reasons)

LonelyGaruga
Oct 15, 2014, 05:09 PM
You mean there is a reasonable chance to get Tagami in that tiny stretch between the fixed count boss fights?
If you want Tagami, that's the wrong EQ. So much better to do the desert guerrillas one or whatever it's called.

Tagamikazuchi spawns at the end of the quest occasionally, instead of the Rappies. It's the most reliable way to find one right now.

Vetur
Oct 16, 2014, 12:59 AM
If the parties are doing badly, I do notice some groups will just ditch to start a new quest.
But if it's only one person and you're all doing fine... I would assume the person is having technical difficulties, especially if it's the same person leaving all the time.

Achelousaurus
Oct 16, 2014, 03:38 AM
This is getting too stupid to even comment on it but I'll do you the favor anyway.
I couldn't loot cause party leader had been close to the pipe at the end of the final wave so I had about 2 seconds to loot before he started the next run.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 16, 2014, 07:56 AM
Unless it's an organized Team event, or one is playing/partying with trusted friends, I think it's better to either have no expectation at all, or to expect the worst of the worst with randoms/acquaintances: pugs, randoms entering into your party, you entering into a random's party, etc. Not doing so is just a recipe for rage/madness/self-mental-mutilation.

Arksenth
Oct 16, 2014, 09:44 AM
People don't do Cougar NX all the way? The 5s and 6s unit drops from Cougar are a lot more consistent and go for way more than the 2s and 3s Mizer Souls you get once in a blue moon from Mizers...

obsexed
Oct 16, 2014, 10:13 AM
People don't do Cougar NX all the way? The 5s and 6s unit drops from Cougar are a lot more consistent and go for way more than the 2s and 3s Mizer Souls you get once in a blue moon from Mizers...

prefer doing Mizers because with the current boost that has been going on can get you untekked weapons and if lucky a 3-4s unit or 2, i dont even pug these anyway so your precious little cougar mpa is safe from me ;-)

Scotty T
Oct 16, 2014, 11:40 AM
#Illuminati

TaigaUC
Oct 17, 2014, 01:36 PM
I keep getting this magical 11/12 in TD3.
Someone keeps leaving immediately.

Vintasticvin
Oct 17, 2014, 01:49 PM
I keep getting this magical 11/12 in TD3.
Someone keeps leaving immediately.

Or they might have lagged out or got disconnected...

un1t27
Oct 17, 2014, 02:13 PM

Some people are fucking useless that's why that happens. They'd rather have 1 slotted wep/unit with mizer soul.