PDA

View Full Version : 11* Rod Ice Tech boost vs Ice Elysion for Nabarta / Ice Techs. Which is better?

Renzix
Oct 14, 2014, 05:46 PM
Haven't seen a Thread about it yet, but I recently obtained a 11* Rod from the new Boss that increases Ice Tech Damage. For Ice Techs / Nabarta in general, would the new Rod be worth switching to, or is Elysion better for Nabarta / other Ice techs?

horseship
Oct 14, 2014, 06:09 PM
Neither one is objectively better. If you want to be as effective as possible, you'd use both.

You'll want to use Elysion for Nabarta, Ilbarta, and Sabarta. You'll get the fastest single target damage through 6x uncharged Ilbartas with Elysion and one charged with either the new 11* rod or bio talis. Sabarta can be useful both charged and uncharged, depending on how much damage you need to deal and how fast you need to pump it out. For every other ice tech, always charge.

Chdata
Oct 17, 2014, 12:32 AM
I actually find using a talis + il barta + speed charge craft to be better overall DPS than elysion. You get both charge tech advances, talis tech bonus, and JA bonus if you had the points for that. Whereas with elysion build you'd only have normal attack up and JA.

Dunno how much the damage craft accounts for though... I could be wrong. But there's also the fact that after 5-7 casts you'll be relying on PPC anyway.

Rakurai
Oct 17, 2014, 03:04 AM
I'm kind of curious about how the 20% ice tech cast time reduction rod stacks up, as well.

I'd presume it has potential to be the best weapon during PP Convert and/or Super Treatment.

.Jack
Oct 17, 2014, 03:27 AM
It depends on what you're asking to kill the fastest being a mob/enemies or a specific boss. A 50% ice Ely is best for boss (imo) but just in general use as an ice tech I'm not sure about that.