PDA

View Full Version : Starting out, looking for some help

rinsha
Oct 16, 2014, 08:31 AM
Hi,
I would like some help as I have become very confused very quickly.
Long story short a few months(?) back a friend suggested this game to me and this site came up during the conversation (least I believe this is the right site)
Anyways... I was hoping to be able to start playing this game but when I looked into it there was a lot of information and a lot of what seemed to be "oh this is easier" then "but this is easier" etc etc

I guess my question is can someone give me a step by step on what I need to do to sign-up, download, translate and play this game please? (or if something like that exists please link it for me?)

Thank you in advance

Poyonche
Oct 16, 2014, 08:49 AM
First, can you access pso2.jp ?

rinsha
Oct 16, 2014, 09:22 AM
Yes i can access pso2.jp

landman
Oct 16, 2014, 10:00 AM
There is an easy guide if you google "pso2 english patch" (I could tell you it's arks-layer.com but you should not post the link in pso-w). There is a section with it perfectly explained, with tools for chrome/firefox to make registration easier, and download links.

Punisher106
Oct 16, 2014, 10:33 AM
Signing up should be fairly easy. Just look at the URL destination when you mouse over links on the site. Information is quite basic. Usually, Autocomplete will help you out with what field is what. See dots when you type? Password. Does your e-mail come up when you're doing a field, that's where you put your E-mail address, etc. The hardest part is the verification of your e-mail, as you have to do a japanese captcha. Fortunately, it's only basic hiragana, and possibly katakana. If you know how to enable japanese IME, and know a few characters, you should be generally set. Otherwise, there's a japanese captcha tutorial floating around here. Once you make your account, Arks-layer.com has everything you'll ever need from that point on. Download, the PSO2 Tweaker, which is effectively a custom launcher, loaded with features from disabling the splash animations when you boot the game up, as well as the censors, to downloading AND installing all of the english patches with a few mouse clicks. Good luck.

MRLADYBOY
Oct 16, 2014, 04:32 PM
As punisher said.

This is the link to some captcha info for sign up (the only semi difficult part of the process)

Hope it helps

rinsha
Oct 16, 2014, 06:20 PM
ummm MRLADYBOY what link?
I dont see a link in your post and thats the part I'm stuck on lolz

EDIT: I found something that worked

So I got myself a sega ID

Got that tweaker thing which is now downloading the game for me I believe

Once thats done I'm good to play?

landman
Oct 17, 2014, 02:30 AM
Once you have the game installed and updated, you have to install the English patch (at least the basic one) with the tweaker if you don't want to make a mistake in your first time logging into the game (like typing your password as your public name lol). It's also recommended to install the story patch since you will be forced through the prologue (but you can always re-watch the scenes later if you didn't have the patch installed).

rinsha
Oct 18, 2014, 07:49 AM
Ok so I installed and everything and now I'm getting issues with game guard...
Not sure exactly whats stopping it...

Searaphim
Oct 18, 2014, 08:49 AM
The tweaker is filled with tools to fix pso2 issues, you should familiarize yourself with it. Try the gameguard fix.

rinsha
Oct 18, 2014, 02:14 PM
The tweaker is filled with tools to fix pso2 issues, you should familiarize yourself with it. Try the gameguard fix.

I didn't notice that until I went looking for it lolz

I'll have to look into what does what