PDA

View Full Version : Favorite melee class?

Flaoc
Oct 17, 2014, 12:11 PM
just a poll for fun

RadiantLegend
Oct 17, 2014, 12:16 PM
Pre-Shunka nerf braver, now it's back to fighter. Shunka did no wrong, lifted spirits, fed the hungry, saved many nations and cured cancer during its reign

Gama
Oct 17, 2014, 12:19 PM
Techer.

NoiseHERO
Oct 17, 2014, 12:22 PM
Bouncer = Techer > Hunter > Fighter

Even though other than jetboots, fighter has the coolest weapons, they have the stupidest concepts gimmicking them into unfunnery.

And Twin swords on bouncer has a stupid looking/feeling fighting style, and it's strongest part is it's ranged ability anyway? Total waste of a weapon Especially being anime game world famous twin swords.

triple edit: oh and I still say techer should get some PAs. <_<

Rien
Oct 17, 2014, 12:23 PM
The lack of a techer option annoys me greatly.

That said, I can't really decide.

Flaoc
Oct 17, 2014, 12:28 PM
The lack of a techer option annoys me greatly.

That said, I can't really decide.

oops sorry forgot about melee techer

oplakus
Oct 17, 2014, 12:30 PM
Techer
:)

Gama
Oct 17, 2014, 12:32 PM
inside the 4 categories of techer

TE/HU - Pure melle
TE/FI - Hybrid
TE/BR - Hybrid thant can use bows proficiently
TE/BO - weakest of the 4 but still doable.

i like TE/FI

Raujinn
Oct 17, 2014, 12:35 PM
Sword Hunter forever. We were shit pre-episode 3 and well we're still pretty shit honestly. I don't care, I fuckin love it. Swing all the biggest swords!

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 17, 2014, 12:38 PM
Braver. Katanas reminded me of the good old days when I used Sabers, except it has a sheath and I use it one handed. Details, details... :wacko:

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 17, 2014, 12:40 PM
Braver, for balance and consistency.

Plus.............

the win button: KC/CE.

HiOc
Oct 17, 2014, 12:42 PM
MASSIVE HUNTER!

Gama
Oct 17, 2014, 12:46 PM
i do miss slicers tho.

Pugas87
Oct 17, 2014, 02:33 PM
Techer

gigawuts
Oct 17, 2014, 02:37 PM
HUcast master race.

Reiketsu
Oct 17, 2014, 03:03 PM
Fighter.
I just love Daggers so much and Knuckles are fun, too.

I don't even know why I leveled Bouncer to 70.
Jet Boots are cool and Dual Blades are okay, I guess, but in the end, I still kept using Daggers the majority of the time I was leveling Bouncer.

I've also come to rely too heavily on Dagger spin blocking, so fighting without it kills me. Literally.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 17, 2014, 05:04 PM
Still braver. I like my damage fast, and unconditional.

I also like it for how well it functions as a sub for more than just its stance multipliers for Ra, Fo, and Te, but not all of those are melee... either way, braver.

Oh yeah, I still love shunka. Used Fi weapons for a bit, and immediately remembered how much I hated step spamming to get to something I want dead.

Also love how it still doubles as the most efficient PA I katana since PP bars aren't bottomless outside of ketos proi, especially not mine.

Kanran being the simplest Satk AOE PA makes me love it.

Hatou's dps from a somewhat safe range makes me love it.

Sakura end is actually really nice since the damage makes it worth a damn so I don't have to crutch on shunka at close range.

Sword Hunter forever. We were shit pre-episode 3 and well we're still pretty shit honestly.

Anyone got bellion's video on hand?

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2014, 05:09 PM
Fighter. Most fun weapons, especially with a Hunter sub. FI/HU is delicious raw OPness.

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 17, 2014, 05:11 PM
How on earth is Bouncer winning?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 17, 2014, 05:15 PM

9 kiritos

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 17, 2014, 05:17 PM
@Maninbluejumpsuit:

I believe this is Bell's vid as Hu/Fi (Sword Only) doing Boss-Solo runs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j1GhKYrM7M

Omega-z
Oct 17, 2014, 05:17 PM

^ probably because Techer isn't an option so they pick the closes to it and it's also the new class, which those who like it add to it also.

starwind75043
Oct 17, 2014, 05:29 PM
Was braver now its Fighter with Bouncer is close second

HIT0SHI
Oct 17, 2014, 05:36 PM
HUcast master race.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/m3xvg6Hl.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

obsexed
Oct 17, 2014, 06:17 PM
Braver, for balance and consistency.

Plus.............

the win button: KC/CE.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7eWytoU.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 17, 2014, 07:29 PM
what if you just love to play as all of them?

final_attack
Oct 17, 2014, 07:45 PM
I'll go with Bouncer ..... using Support-based-build Jet Boots with Te main. And, I haven't touch DB, so I still don't know.

Purrl
Oct 17, 2014, 07:53 PM
Fighter~ Daggers are still my favourite weapon and the weapon I'm most comfortable attacking and dodging with. Melee techer is also a ton of fun.

Rien
Oct 17, 2014, 08:14 PM
I'm too used to sword/wirelance just guards and katana counters to be comfortable with Bouncer right now. I just end up spamming Moment Gale/Gran Wave and praying my latent kicks in and steals some health for me.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 17, 2014, 09:15 PM
Bouncer then hunter, Hunter is OP now since ep 3

LordKaiser
Oct 17, 2014, 11:54 PM
Braver because I can switch between ranged and melee attacks at will and I like how it plays no matter how much it gets nerfed i will continue to use it. I haven't tried Bouncer yet thought.

Vintasticvin
Oct 17, 2014, 11:58 PM
I like Techer :3 My hammer smacks make things explode with brilliant colors.

Zorak000
Oct 18, 2014, 12:22 AM
Techer.
same.

Sanguine2009
Oct 18, 2014, 12:26 AM
Techer is the melee class i like best, nothing is more satisfyingly than zondeeling up a horde of mobs and killing them all in one blow. i love how wands feel, unlike most other weapons they feel like there is a weight behind their swings.

wefwq
Oct 18, 2014, 02:31 AM
Im actually loves all melee class.
My character was Hu back in beta days, and become FiHu pre-EP2.
Im using Br right now for it's mobbing capability.

Techer are also fun class to play.

Xaelouse
Oct 18, 2014, 03:27 AM
It would had been techer if wand had PAs, and I usually always go for blunt weapons in other games.

[S]kyHawk
Oct 18, 2014, 05:34 AM
Katana Braver. Fighting with style using a blade that has been folded over a thousand times. I love it.

Laxedrane
Oct 18, 2014, 05:48 AM
Out of these choices I have to say Partisan Hunter is my favorite. However Jet boots even though they aren't as strong as an entry our my favorite to play in terms of just using the PAs and style.

Darki
Oct 18, 2014, 06:15 AM
Hunter, because you don't need anything else when you can whack enemies with a sword bigger than you.

BlueCast Boy
Oct 18, 2014, 06:18 AM
Techter not in list? Since Partizan is Hunter's weapon then i go Hunter, cuz i main Hu/Te Partizan user only.

Hrith
Oct 18, 2014, 06:38 AM
Really hard to decide >_>

I'd say fighter for having the most varied gameplay, but dual blades are exceedingly fun to use, and the novelty effect has long worn off, so I think I just really like bouncer.

What I like about bouncer so much is that it's a true hybrid class that rocks, a feeling we had not had in a PS game in ten years or so.

I'm glad SEGA seems to be killing off nub choices (Ep2 braver and gunner). I hope force will get the hammer soon, too.

Neith
Oct 18, 2014, 06:49 AM
Shame melee Techer isn't on the list, that's stupidly good. Not sure if it's my favourite but it should be on the list really. The damage output with maxed Wand Lovers/Wand Reactor is ridiculous.

At present, probably Fighter. Twin Daggers are pretty unique, DS has some interesting combos and knuckles just wreck most things. Braver is fun at the moment now that Shunka has been nerfed (although it's still far too strong) and it's nice to be able to vary PAs a bit more. Fury-build Hunter is pretty mindless and I still don't like how Sword plays at all. Tank-build HU is pretty funny to use but doesn't really seem needed in the game much.

Not a fan of Bouncer at all. I've tried Dual Blades but I really don't like them in this game. Don't like the attack animations, the current PAs or the way the weapon type works with Photon Blade spam. No denying it's a good weapon type (Dispersion Shrike is crazy) but I'm just not a fan of how it plays.

Hrith
Oct 18, 2014, 06:58 AM
I'm surprised you'd say that, bouncer so reminds me of PSO1 HUnewearl!

Neith
Oct 18, 2014, 11:23 AM

I can see where you're coming from in regards to the mix between melee and support (which I loved and is the main reason I played HUnewearl so much). With Bouncer it's more the actual Dual Blades that are the issue for me. It might change in time when blades have more Photon Arts but I don't really like the current ones. I can understand why Sega have added the Photon Blades gimmick (to differentiate Dual Blades from say Twin Daggers) but I'm just not a big fan of how it works.

I might enjoy Bouncer more in the future when it's been expanded a bit but for now it doesn't really appeal to me much.

Sparzyle
Oct 18, 2014, 11:30 AM
I say Techer, but as you reduced it to HU, FI, BR, BO...then is it Hunter

FI it's too damn single-target, BR I find it boring using only katana, BO is cool but not as using a big-arse photon sword or a fast swinging partizan.

Metalsnake27
Oct 18, 2014, 12:37 PM
Braver. I don't know why it just feels right.

Also Fighter because Fighters are fun.

gigawuts
Oct 18, 2014, 12:45 PM

I really agree here.

I really wish they chose claws in place of dual swords, because it just befits HUnewearl gameplay so much better than anything twin swords ever did.

KuroNeko77
Oct 18, 2014, 01:00 PM
Fighter; I just can't enjoy the game as much with another class.

I would've stay Fi/Hu because I love w.lances, but Fi/Bo has (IHMO) a really interesting gameplay.

Nikoshae
Oct 18, 2014, 01:02 PM
I'm enjoying the heck out of Jet Boots, because it finally gives me good reason to enjoy techs while still having a melee focus (yes, yes, I know wands do the same, but that just hasn't been my style). I also feel very helpful being able to tap Megiverse during a midair combo, and launching into Moment Gale for massive immediate group healing.

I've also been enjoying Dual Blades as an alternate character so much so that I may play with them some on Nikoshae as well.

That being said, Bouncer is my choice.

Hobu
Oct 18, 2014, 02:03 PM
Braver is still Master Race. Why?

1. Dat Grorious Space Nippon Steel™, cuts through Falz like hot knife through butter.
2. Dat Parry and Atk/Crit boost. Only nibs would play Braver and not know how parry nearly all the attacks ingame.
3. Dat unconditional damage. Smack dat Banther in the face, smack dat Ragne from behind. No need for hory shet stance switching.
4. Hatou Rindou. Always replicated but nothing beats the original oh my gawd. Not even Gettemhart's lady boots has this much swag.
5. One weapon can be a melee and a ranged weapon. And not, it's not some lame-ass Squall Leonheart wannabe. Not heavy as a telephone pole like Greatswords, doesn't stun you in place like Wired Lances, and doesn't overcompensate like Partisans.

[spoiler-box]Fighter main is actually master race. Just saying.[/spoiler-box]

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 18, 2014, 03:38 PM
9 kiritos

HAHAHAHAHAHA
So true

They all newbz, Braver Master Race is the way to roll.
holding a katana is Elegance at the highest level.

NoiseHERO
Oct 18, 2014, 03:53 PM
Braver is kirito too tho.

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2014, 04:08 PM
It's interesting how the votes are more or less even, whereas a year ago Braver would undoubtedly have 20+ more votes than any of the other choices.

It's sort of a testament to SEGA's increased understanding (but still not a 'great' understanding) of combat balance since then.

Hobu
Oct 18, 2014, 06:56 PM
I voted for Braver, and I am a Fighter main. Just because Braver has it all while not being the best at any of it.

Selphea
Oct 18, 2014, 09:46 PM
Voted Bouncer but trying out Fighter and I might end up liking Twin Daggers more than Dual Blades. Grabbing Krabahdas and Wondas and doing piledrivers on them is just too hilarious.

Hrith
Oct 19, 2014, 02:49 AM
I can see where you're coming from in regards to the mix between melee and support (which I loved and is the main reason I played HUnewearl so much). With Bouncer it's more the actual Dual Blades that are the issue for me. It might change in time when blades have more Photon Arts but I don't really like the current ones. I can understand why Sega have added the Photon Blades gimmick (to differentiate Dual Blades from say Twin Daggers) but I'm just not a big fan of how it works.

I might enjoy Bouncer more in the future when it's been expanded a bit but for now it doesn't really appeal to me much.Well, I can understand; I hope the four rare PAs we're missing will be more to your liking (and released soon, too).

That said, I find dual blades quite different from daggers, even without using the photon blades. Also, I play both BO/FI and BO/HU with fighter (Sacrifice Daggers, Dio Helfret, Bio Dogold) and hunter (Shinkou-daiha, Bio Steid, Ruchils, Gae Bolg) weapons, and it's really fun, and they make the class even closer to PSO1 HUnewearl, especially daggers and partisans <3

Raujinn
Oct 19, 2014, 09:34 AM
The only thing I dislike about Dual Blades is I'm used to having Just-Guard to mitigate damage. You can step or photon escape I guess but the latter costs you some damage for a short while I think? Well if you had gear charged up I mean. Costs less than being dead in any case.

Otherwise I like the weapon and their current PAs but knowing Sega there's a nonzero chance that their Shunka is coming... If it is then that could ruin the weapon for me, honestly.

Vetur
Oct 19, 2014, 11:11 AM
I like bravers because of the AOE and speed... but overall I don't really like melee classes in general.
I almost chose Bouncer, but then I realized I like it more just because it can cast techs.

Achelousaurus
Oct 22, 2014, 10:45 AM
BRAVER FOREVER!
It's my favorite class in any game ever.
All I ever wanted. It's highspeed high dps (for melee and in general, ranger and force are just breaking the game into tiny little pieces) melee with a katana and the cherry ontop is the ultimate badassery of Iaido

Pre-Shunka nerf braver, now it's back to fighter. Shunka did no wrong, lifted spirits, fed the hungry, saved many nations and cured cancer during its reign
What we got now is a lot better than pre nerf shunka.
Shunka has always been slow and clunky and leaving you wide open to all attacks and with the super armor is a surefire way to eat several attacks.

Sword Hunter forever. We were shit pre-episode 3 and well we're still pretty shit honestly. I don't care, I fuckin love it. Swing all the biggest swords!
You call this being shit??? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j1GhKYrM7M)

Braver. Katanas reminded me of the good old days when I used Sabers, except it has a sheath and I use it one handed. Details, details... :wacko:
If you want Saber, why not use a Gunslash?
First saber and handgun were separate weapons, then PSu allowed to equip both at the same time and now they are fused into a hybrid weapon with cool PAs that combine striking attacks with shots.
And since the recent buff it kicks some serious ass.

i do miss slicers tho.
My favorite PSO1 weapon.
I still say next class we get should be a slicer / needle hybrid midrange class.
That would be so epic.

I really agree here.
I really wish they chose claws in place of dual swords, because it just befits HUnewearl gameplay so much better than anything twin swords ever did.
I just went with dagger and sword.
Claws were so bad, the 3rd hit was too slow to ever be useful.

Rien
Oct 22, 2014, 11:43 AM
First saber and handgun were separate weapons, then PSu allowed to equip both at the same time and now they are fused into a hybrid weapon with cool PAs that combine striking attacks with shots.

Yet no matter what you do the shooting portion outdamages the stabby/slashy portion

There's a reason I always call it the gunslash

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 22, 2014, 11:46 AM

I do from time to time, but the lack of class skills for the weapon makes it one of my least used ones. Also not a ton of Gunslash PAs I like. Katana feels better to me. I really love Dual Blades as well though, making Bouncer my second pick.

Meanwhile, poor Hunter at the bottom of the polls.

Hobu
Oct 22, 2014, 12:09 PM
B-but muh Slash Rave!

It is a beast, but I prefer Backhand Smash to that all day.

I look at it this way: Fighters are fast and can smash through openings that are normally inaccessible to classes like let's say, Bravers. While Bravers wait for Gunne-Gam to execute a freeze attack, Fighters can kick and slash its way to victory without breaking a sweat. Bravers on the other hand, can mob and fight at varying ranges, something fighters does not have.

I'd say Bravers and Fighters are tied. Hunters are the real beasts though.

Kondibon
Oct 22, 2014, 12:12 PM
I look at it this way: Fighters are fast and can smash through openings that are normally inaccessible to classes like let's say, Bravers. While Bravers wait for Gunne-Gam to execute a freeze attack, Fighters can kick and slash its way to victory without breaking a sweat. Bravers on the other hand, can mob and fight at varying ranges, something fighters does not have.And then bouncer swoops in, does all of that, and flies off into the night like a rapier wielding batman.

Rien
Oct 22, 2014, 12:14 PM
B-but muh Slash Rave!

I look at it this way: Fighters are fast and can smash through openings that are normally inaccessible to classes like let's say, Bravers. While Bravers wait for Gunne-Gam to execute a freeze attack, Fighters can kick and slash its way to victory without breaking a sweat. Bravers on the other hand, can mob and fight at varying ranges, something fighters does not have.

BHS doesn't feel anywhere as good after the nerf

but that's because I don't have good knuckle

RadiantLegend
Oct 22, 2014, 12:16 PM
The new Knuckle PA looks interesting. Guilty break for fist.

Hobu
Oct 22, 2014, 12:21 PM
And then bouncer swoops in, does all of that, and flies off into the night like a rapier wielding batman.

Bouncers don't count yet since they haven't received the nerf hammer.

Rien
Oct 22, 2014, 12:27 PM
The problem is Bouncers are still underpowered

or rather, everything bouncer that isn't photon blade fever is.

I think you mean it's everything straight charge SHOULD have been but NEVER was.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 22, 2014, 12:40 PM
BHS doesn't feel anywhere as good after the nerf

but that's because I don't have good knuckle

When did BHS get nerfed? The power notation for it was only changed, if that's what you're talking about. It still does the same damage.

Infinity Series
Oct 22, 2014, 12:48 PM
no love for hunter ? :c

Xaelouse
Oct 22, 2014, 12:51 PM
When did BHS get nerfed? The power notation for it was only changed, if that's what you're talking about. It still does the same damage.

It got an indirect nerf. A lot of things around it got buffed, do better damage in the long term, and dont cost you an arm and a leg in PP
How often do you even see BHS spam anymore? Besides the clueless people

Infinity Series
Oct 22, 2014, 12:53 PM

i think back then they mentioned something about backhand smash deal too much damage..
i dont play knuckle anymore so i didnt really pay any attention

HeyItsTHK
Oct 22, 2014, 01:04 PM
Minority rules! Hunter forever. \o/

Walkure
Oct 22, 2014, 01:06 PM
It got an indirect nerf. A lot of things around it got buffed, do better damage in the long term, and dont cost you an arm and a leg in PP
How often do you even see BHS spam anymore? Besides the clueless people
You can punk Nab II rockbear in a couple Backhands then move on. That's about all I've seen it used for anymore.

Hell, on a mob that's fallen over, Holding Current either matches or beats BHS outright in DPS while having 9-12x the PP efficiency. Still need to find out what the actual hitcount on tip hits.

KuroNeko77
Oct 22, 2014, 02:04 PM
Chaining 20pp PAs for Tech Arts JA seems to be more efficient most of the time though. I hardly use BHS anymore since EP3.

Any clue about what it does ? I missed it during the broadcast.

Xaelouse
Oct 22, 2014, 02:41 PM
It's a more dedicated gap closer that goes a longer distance than straight charge. Not sure if it has a charge time or not. Doesn't seem so strong, but like guilty break, tech arts JA will be very easy with it.

pkemr4
Oct 22, 2014, 03:30 PM
Fi/Hu for mobility and DPS

Raujinn
Oct 22, 2014, 03:33 PM
You call this being shit??? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j1GhKYrM7M)

Yes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHGo0jbnds

All I'm really saying is the weapon lags behind other options still, but that I love it regardless. I guess saying this personally offends people for some reason.

Walkure
Oct 22, 2014, 03:36 PM
It's a more dedicated gap closer that goes a longer distance than straight charge. Not sure if it has a charge time or not. Doesn't seem so strong, but like guilty break, tech arts JA will be very easy with it.
I hope it's chargeable, then you could maintain gear while landing or jumping.

Yes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHGo0jbnds

All I'm really saying is the weapon lags behind other options still, but that I love it regardless. I guess saying this personally offends people for some reason.There's just no contending with RA for bossing at the moment; you're probably better off comparing to other melee weapon setups.

Raujinn
Oct 22, 2014, 03:56 PM
Fair enough. Looking for similar styles of boss rushes for FI, BR or BO isn't really turning up much, though. I'm fairly confident that a fighter or braver with a similar level of gear and skill as demonstrated there (both of which are mighty impressive) would do better. Bouncer I'm not so sure about unless you can consistently trap bosses with photon blades, which I'm not sure you can for all of them?

So in the whole game? Swords aren't so hot. Among melee? I guess my impressions are too rooted in older times and I honestly believe the other melee options still kinda outshine my favorite class.

Anyway, this isn't what this thread is about. It's about favorites, not best.

Bellion
Oct 22, 2014, 04:11 PM
I hate Sword Gear just because it changes the charge times of PAs so much.
The Sword relies on gear more than any other weapon, and I find that to be a huge flaw.

As for Bo, I'm sure I can melt a majority of bosses if not all faster than Hu Sword with PB spamming.
Fi depends on which weapon I'm using.
Br? I have no idea anymore. Even a 50 element Orochi isn't cutting it for me now; Combat Finish, Hatou, and Shunka got indirectly nerfed by the Fury nerfs. Sakura and Gekka is alright, I guess.

On topic though, Fi was my favorite until they decided to be all racist on Casts(a majority of my characters are Casts!) because they couldn't reach 420 t-def without playing as Br, Fo, or Te at 65/65. Not being able to equip White Tail for months made me quit the class and hop on the Br train.

Raujinn
Oct 22, 2014, 04:27 PM
Your feedback on Braver surprises me the most, honestly. Wasn't aware the gap was closed that much, that's good to know. Agree with your thoughts on Sword Gear as well.

I actually mained Braver for a while before they added Shunka, but after they added it and Combat Escape it just killed the class for me. Yeah, there may have been more OP moves at the time and that have been added since, but it felt like I was able to just mindlessly destroy just about anything in the game. So I switched back to sword and kinda liked that the game was able to resist me to the amount where it felt fun to me. Stuck with it since.

wahahaha
Oct 22, 2014, 04:33 PM
Why Braver is not winning?

HeyItsTHK
Oct 22, 2014, 05:44 PM
Braver ain't the tip top tier it used to be. Still efficient, but because something is efficient doesn't mean it'll be your favorite.

Achelousaurus
Oct 23, 2014, 04:04 AM
B-but muh Slash Rave!

I have no trouble getting up to giggles' face with Tsukimi.
Now of course that's slow as fuck compared to needing but a single Symphonic Dive to get there.

But it's only dagger and dagger gear fills with air jumps / twirls so I wouldn't want anyone or anything to encroach on airtime daggers' territory. <3

Also, BHS is pointless and outdated now. Go with the flow (of sega's "balancing") and use Ducking Blow instead. Far superior.

In the PA dmg comparison it was noted at 0.8 times the previous power.
Also, an inconvenient and situational PA like BHS never need much of a change of anything to become weak.

Also, I really don't this ridiculous attitude of people that if you don't kill every boss in under 10 seconds, the class is total shit.

Can we go back to calling shit things shit and not gamebreakingly op stuff "good, just not breaking the game"?
Episode 2 Sword Hunter without sword gear, now that is real shit.
Ep 3 sword hunter with gear and fury boost kicks massive ass.

I hate Sword Gear just because it changes the charge times of PAs so much.
The Sword relies on gear more than any other weapon, and I find that to be a huge flaw.
I love it or that reaso, but then again I agree, if sword charge times weren't absolute shit and allow the enemies to make a coffe and sit down for breakfast before you reach lvl 1, let alone lvl 2 by which they already finished dinner, there would be no need to change the charge times in the first place.

Not to mention sword gear depleting so ridiculously fast means you can be full for mob group A and 20 seconds later when you finally see the next enemy you are already back at 1 gear.

Also, still saying Gekka is pretty pointless because there are very few situations where more Tsukimi or just using Sakura wouldn't be better.

And as a braver I obvioulsy want to see braver come out at 100% of the votes but this tie indeed demonstrates that melee is almost balanced amongst itself.

Sacrificial
Oct 23, 2014, 06:44 AM
Braver for me I really like chaining guard with the katana. I would fighter if I didn't suck so much with it. Knuckles....look really nice with bulky Casts.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 23, 2014, 08:53 AM
Obv Techer, nothing more satisfying then nuking stuff with wand explosions. After that I guess Dagger Fighter, Dual Bouncer and Katana Braver. Haven't used any other melee weapons in a way to long time so can't judge anymore for those.

Hexxy
Oct 23, 2014, 08:58 AM
I have no trouble getting up to giggles' face with Tsukimi.
Now of course that's slow as fuck compared to needing but a single Symphonic Dive to get there.

Gunne's head is shielded until he freezes so flying up there with Fighter is a moot point because you can't do anything anyways. Once his face is broken and permanently attackable, you can just use KC to do the same thing anyways (or tsukimi). So really neither class has a clear advantage here (not counting CE).

Hobu
Oct 23, 2014, 11:50 AM
Would you trade the opportunity to do 3 consecutive BHS that does 100-150k straight up for some long-ass PA that does half those three BHS? I shit you not when I say BHS can damn straight save time from lengthy-ass animations. Well, after you PA is drained... There goes your knuckles too.

It's more of a one-time unload to a particular weakpoint PA.

The same can be said for Sakura End though. I have both Fi/Hu and Br/Hu as my main characters, both equally equipped and had adequate playtime. As a day 1 Braver, I'm surprised that there are some things that Dagger/Knuckle combo can outdo Katanas.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 23, 2014, 12:02 PM
In the PA dmg comparison it was noted at 0.8 times the previous power.
Also, an inconvenient and situational PA like BHS never need much of a change of anything to become weak.

That's not quite right. The notation displayed was reduced to 0.8 of what it used to display, but the damage itself was unchanged. Namegid and Ilfoie were changed in a similar fashion, having their notation reduced by half, but the damage was unchanged. That was just part of making the notation displays accurate to how much damage the PA/tech actually did.

In other words, BHS always did the damage its current notation displays. The only change was making the notation displayed accurate. Which is exactly what I said in the post you quoted.

Great Pan
Oct 23, 2014, 07:06 PM
You can't go wrong with Hunter.

gigawuts
Oct 23, 2014, 07:07 PM
You can't go wrong with Hunter.

According to a lot of people around here you're always wrong with Hunter.

Achelousaurus
Oct 24, 2014, 04:32 AM
That's not quite right. The notation displayed was reduced to 0.8 of what it used to display, but the damage itself was unchanged. Namegid and Ilfoie were changed in a similar fashion, having their notation reduced by half, but the damage was unchanged. That was just part of making the notation displays accurate to how much damage the PA/tech actually did.

In other words, BHS always did the damage its current notation displays. The only change was making the notation displayed accurate. Which is exactly what I said in the post you quoted.
Oh.
Well, either way Ducking Blow is now at 95% of the dmg at all times but for a lot less pp and with a hell lot more range and it's not slower either.
I really see no reason to use BHS anymore besides nostalgia.