PDA

View Full Version : Question about pso2proxy

FerrickX
Oct 17, 2014, 11:03 PM
Anyone know on how to use it properly? cause everytime i try to use it via the tweaker, it would always say "Timed out" when I load up

LordKaiser
Oct 17, 2014, 11:23 PM
Fix permissions in the Tweaker. I had to do that in order for it to work since I had the same problem. Also i think I did the install missing files thing as well.

If you manage to log in and are annoyed by the global chat you can disable it by typing !goff on it.

FerrickX
Oct 17, 2014, 11:40 PM
by permissions do you mean an in-interface option or should i run it as admin?

LordKaiser
Oct 17, 2014, 11:58 PM
Click on the tweaker's ball and go to troubleshooting, the options are there.

FerrickX
Oct 18, 2014, 12:11 AM
oooh, many thanks, it works now

ashleebabee2308
Nov 14, 2014, 12:33 PM
I know this is over a month old and I've been using PingZapper but it gets pretty annoying sometimes using it. So I tried setting up this PSO2Proxy but whenever I put in the link that the PSO2Proxy gives me, it says there's a problem with my Hosts file and that it won't work. Which, whenever I start up the game, my anti-virus (Avira) pops up a little thing and says that the game has a problem with the Hosts file, but the game works fine so I never bothered wondering what that meant. It asked me to check the Hosts file and make sure it isn't Read-Only. which it's not. So I tried what you suggested, fixing the permissions, and it tells me to click on the PSO2 Updater file and that it should pop up a message. But when I click on the PSO2 Updater file, nothing comes up. It doesn't do anything. I've even tried running it as an administrator, which the computer forces me to do anyway, but that doesn't work either, and I don't think fixing the permissions works without doing that.

In short, I've tried what you said to do here but it isn't working. Any other tips? Because using PSO2Proxy sounds like a simpler solution than using PingZapper.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 14, 2014, 12:54 PM
I know this is over a month old and I've been using PingZapper but it gets pretty annoying sometimes using it. So I tried setting up this PSO2Proxy but whenever I put in the link that the PSO2Proxy gives me, it says there's a problem with my Hosts file and that it won't work. Which, whenever I start up the game, my anti-virus (Avira) pops up a little thing and says that the game has a problem with the Hosts file, but the game works fine so I never bothered wondering what that meant. It asked me to check the Hosts file and make sure it isn't Read-Only. which it's not. So I tried what you suggested, fixing the permissions, and it tells me to click on the PSO2 Updater file and that it should pop up a message. But when I click on the PSO2 Updater file, nothing comes up. It doesn't do anything. I've even tried running it as an administrator, which the computer forces me to do anyway, but that doesn't work either, and I don't think fixing the permissions works without doing that.

In short, I've tried what you said to do here but it isn't working. Any other tips? Because using PSO2Proxy sounds like a simpler solution than using PingZapper.you'll have to install the proxy manually.

and when you don't have full permission on the hosts file, it's gonna be a pain.

ashleebabee2308
Nov 14, 2014, 01:00 PM
you'll have to install the proxy manually.

and when you don't have full permission on the hosts file, it's gonna be a pain.

How do I install it manually? Is that the "No" option when the PSO2Proxy site asks if you're using Tweaker? Also, do you have any idea why I don't have full permission? This is the only account on this computer, so it's the administrator account, and I'm not sure why it won't access the hosts file. It says the Hosts file is blocked when I start up the game. Is there a way to unblock it? I tried adding the file where the hosts file is kept to the Exception list on Avira, but that didn't help either. I'm just concerned that if I mess with the Hosts file, it's going to mess with the computer.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 14, 2014, 01:25 PM
yes, you pick the "No" option.

instructions should be written there.

LordKaiser
Nov 14, 2014, 01:29 PM
That antivirus blocks everything... I had to uninstall it long time ago. I just went with the default Microsoft antivirus since every single anti-virus has failed me at some point.