PDA

View Full Version : shifta/techniques, class or race sensitive?

spinnyup
Oct 18, 2014, 02:14 AM
hello,

just had a quick question for you guys.

my friend and I just started playing 1-2 weeks ago and i have a question about techniques. now I'm a dewman female BO/HU (dual blade) and my friend is a human male RA/HU. I'm able to use shifta and he isnt. I logged into my human BR/HU and I can't use it on that character either.

so are dewman allowed to use techs and humans cant? or is it that dual blades (bouncers) can use them along with force and techers?

thanks!

Xaeris
Oct 18, 2014, 02:18 AM
Technique use, with an odd exception here and there, are determined by your class. To use techniques, your main or subclass needs to be FO, TE, or BO. So you could use Shifta because your main was BO, but your friend couldn't because neither of his classes are tech inclined.

wefwq
Oct 18, 2014, 02:28 AM
Shifta and deband still considered as technique, which is bind to certain class, making it only usable to "technique-enabled" class (Fo, Te, Bo).
Any race can use it just fine, it's just the class that determine that is the tech usable or not.

spinnyup
Oct 18, 2014, 02:39 AM
Shifta and deband still considered as technique, which is bind to certain class, making it only usable to "technique-enabled" class (Fo, Te, Bo).
Any race can use it just fine, it's just the class that determine that is the tech usable or not.

Technique use, with an odd exception here and there, are determined by your class. To use techniques, your main or subclass needs to be FO, TE, or BO. So you could use Shifta because your main was BO, but your friend couldn't because neither of his classes are tech inclined.

thanks for the quick replies guys/gals! :D

jp30
Oct 18, 2014, 02:54 PM

Do you mind telling what's the odd exception are?

Xaeris
Oct 18, 2014, 02:56 PM
The summer rappies dropped an 11* rod that lets the user cast Anti when it's equipped, regardless of their classes. There's a dual blade that works similarly with Distraction Wing. I imagine we'll see a handful of more weapons like that down the line.

KazukiQZ
Oct 18, 2014, 03:20 PM
Also, the new rifle from PSO2es lets u cast Rafoie.

Sizustar
Oct 18, 2014, 03:21 PM
The summer rappies dropped an 11* rod that lets the user cast Anti when it's equipped, regardless of their classes. There's a dual blade that works similarly with Distraction Wing. I imagine we'll see a handful of more weapons like that down the line.

The EQ weapon from PSO2es last banther also has default skill.