PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Do we need a vpn to play?

Scyris
Oct 18, 2014, 09:32 PM
Do we need a vpn to play from canada? Last I checked (a loooong time ago) they weren't blocking non-japanese ip's, did that change?

Renzix
Oct 18, 2014, 09:41 PM
Do we need a vpn to play from canada? Last I checked (a loooong time ago) they weren't blocking non-japanese ip's, did that change?

Because of the DDOS back in June, no one in the states, except a few ISPs, could connect to the Game normally. It depends on what ISP you have and if you can try to connect or not.

Time Warner Cable in the States was able to connect to the game post-DDOS, but recently, they changed some thing with their networking or whatever, so no one that has TWC can connect to the Game normally.

In short, yes, you will more than likely need a VPN. Even if you can connect normally, I would still recommend a VPN, specifically AWS, because it is better to play this game with a flawless / lagless connection (Except SEGA's laggy game servers,) rather than connect normally from Canada to the Japan servers.

Sizustar
Oct 18, 2014, 09:54 PM
See if you can connect to the official site, if you can, then you don't need a VPN.

Some major US ISP seems to have problem due to the route they use, but the majority of none US ISP doesn't seem to have problem.

Scyris
Oct 18, 2014, 10:20 PM
See if you can connect to the official site, if you can, then you don't need a VPN.

Some major US ISP seems to have problem due to the route they use, but the majority of none US ISP doesn't seem to have problem.

Ahh thank you i'll give that a shot, I did happen to find this: http://www.vpngate.net/en/ seems alright. If I need it anyway.