PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a crafted 10* weapon

the_importer_
Oct 20, 2014, 10:59 AM
Hey there,

So I bought another Esca Hermes last week in order to try the new minimum damage variation on 10* weapons. So I made the weapon the same as my other one: Discerning Eye Lv3, 50 Grants Potential, Lv10 Grinding and made sure that there was nothing that could boost its T-Attack in terms of abilities. I also added Arm III to it because I've read that it helps to have better DEX when using crafted weapons.

So I crafted my weapon to Lv8 until I said "OK, this is getting expensive" and had the last 2 crafting levels done by other players. So it's done now and the result of crafting gave it 29 more T-Attack. Last night, I went through the forest for a test. I recorded the a video showing the differences between the 2 Esca Hermes. I did not apply Shifta to my character and I've tried not to do any JA in order to get fair results (although I did slip up once in a while).

I do see a difference in the damage points when comparing the 2 weapons, so my question is, will putting Arm III on my 3 units allow me to get closer damage wise to the un-crafted Esca Hermes?

Here's the video I made, this is shitty gameplay BTW, I was taking it slow so that you guys could see the damage properly. Also, best viewed fullscreen at 720p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87na7KysPcg

Thank you

NelsLendo
Oct 20, 2014, 12:30 PM
Video is private.

the_importer_
Oct 20, 2014, 12:42 PM
Video is private.

lol, could have sworn I chose unlisted, guess I chose private :p

Xaelouse
Oct 20, 2014, 12:54 PM
Reminder that Arm III affixes on your units is a waste of space for when you want to use uncrafted weapons. Generally, it would be better to get the saiki set for the +80 DEX on the set bonus. You want to aim for 650 (or a little less?) DEX tops to get rid of the variance completely on a rod since they have high base atk.
It'd be wiser to affix DEX to the crafted weapon itself only. If you can't reach the desired DEX without affixing Arm to your units, I understand.

the_importer_
Oct 20, 2014, 01:39 PM
Reminder that Arm III affixes on your units is a waste of space for when you want to use uncrafted weapons. Generally, it would be better to get the saiki set for the +80 DEX on the set bonus. You want to aim for 650 (or a little less?) DEX tops to get rid of the variance completely on a rod since they have high base atk.
It'd be wiser to affix DEX to the crafted weapon itself only. If you can't reach the desired DEX without affixing Arm to your units, I understand.

As a Fo/Te, the maximum DEX I'll get with Lv70 cap is: 358 + (358 - 80%) = 429.6
To reach 650, I would need 220 more DEX, even Arm V wouldn't be able to provide that.

the_importer_
Oct 21, 2014, 10:02 AM
bump

I refuse to believe I'm the only one here who tried rare crafting with the new system

Achelousaurus
Oct 21, 2014, 10:22 AM
Everyone else is waiting for others to do it.
You are our guinea pig!
Lol, I don't believe in crafting until people found a way to make it better than uncrafted without a crit build.
A lot better cause a ton of my shop profits are from re-selling old gear when I upgrade and crafted gear is account bound.
Sega having a plan for another 4-5 years for this game means gear will constantly improve and I really like buying new, strong gear.

the_importer_
Oct 21, 2014, 12:03 PM
Everyone else is waiting for others to do it.
You are our guinea pig!
Lol, I don't believe in crafting until people found a way to make it better than uncrafted without a crit build.
A lot better cause a ton of my shop profits are from re-selling old gear when I upgrade and crafted gear is account bound.
Sega having a plan for another 4-5 years for this game means gear will constantly improve and I really like buying new, strong gear.

Guess I'll have to take one for the team then.

Selphea
Oct 21, 2014, 06:55 PM
No need to, just use this http://4rt.info/psod/

the_importer_
Oct 21, 2014, 07:07 PM
No need to, just use this http://4rt.info/psod/

Ya, seen this before, I'll need to get my PHD before understanding it.

Selphea
Oct 21, 2014, 08:01 PM
Ya, seen this before, I'll need to get my PHD before understanding it.

You need a translation or something else?

Hrith
Oct 22, 2014, 04:38 AM
I doubt 29 ATK could make any visible difference (except Resta).

I have tried the new 10* crafted weapons, too (dual blades, it's still far cheaper to get a pair usable by another class through crafting than purchasing a Kay Traitor, for instance).
My crafted 10* blades (Lv10) have over 1000 ATK, my other 10* dual blades have around 900~950, and I notice no difference whatsoever - damage or variance - with 500 DEX.

This means getting customised multi-class weapons is going to be a lot easier, I guess.