PDA

View Full Version : Server Time Out?

ashleebabee2308
Oct 21, 2014, 03:26 PM
This might be a really dumb question, but is there maintenance going on right now? I went to play the game just now, and everytime I load up the game it tells me none of the ships are working and it gives me the Server Time Out error when I try to log in. I hadn't heard anything about maintenance this afternoon (I know it's Tuesday and they usually do maintenance at night, but I also know recently they've been doing a lot of extended maintenance, but this early?) and the server status on Bumped says the servers are online. Just wondering if there's maintenance and I hadn't heard, or if something else is going on. I use Pingzapper to play, which was working perfectly fine yesterday, in case that matters.

ashley50
Oct 21, 2014, 03:28 PM
No maintenance going on atm.

Poyonche
Oct 21, 2014, 03:29 PM
I also have error timed out, but not like you.

I see Ships online, i can log in, but if i select "Select your character" or "Login History", 44646846 years loading, nothing happening. :/

ashleebabee2308
Oct 21, 2014, 03:36 PM
So if there's no maintenance, then why won't it let me play? I was able to play just fine yesterday, and the day before that. I'll try it on a different computer and see, but this is weird.

Edit: I tried it on a different computer but it's doing the same thing. It lets me in the game, but it's taking forever to load the ships. And then when it finally loads them, they're all greyed out. But I was just playing on this exact computer yesterday, and on the other computer just the day before. I don't think it's my network. I have Optimum but I downloaded Pingzapper roughly two months back and I've been playing fine. Could it be Pingzapper giving me a problem? Since I'm not the only person having this problem, I doubt it's just my network at my house.

Edit 2: So I thought maybe it could be Pingzapper, so I went and tried to set up PSO2Proxy but when I follow the instructions and try to paste the link into the Configure PSO2Proxy settings thing on Tweaker, it gives me an error. It says that something happened with the HOSTS file so I did what it said and checked that to make sure it wasn't "Read only" but it's not and so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm able to access the internet just fine so I know I'm not having an internet problem, so I'm confused as to why this is happening. And it's happening on both my desktop and my laptop. Does anyone else have this problem, or possibly know what's going on?

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 21, 2014, 04:50 PM
So if there's no maintenance, then why won't it let me play? I was able to play just fine yesterday, and the day before that. I'll try it on a different computer and see, but this is weird.

Edit: I tried it on a different computer but it's doing the same thing. It lets me in the game, but it's taking forever to load the ships. And then when it finally loads them, they're all greyed out. But I was just playing on this exact computer yesterday, and on the other computer just the day before. I don't think it's my network. I have Optimum but I downloaded Pingzapper roughly two months back and I've been playing fine. Could it be Pingzapper giving me a problem? Since I'm not the only person having this problem, I doubt it's just my network at my house.

Edit 2: So I thought maybe it could be Pingzapper, so I went and tried to set up PSO2Proxy but when I follow the instructions and try to paste the link into the Configure PSO2Proxy settings thing on Tweaker, it gives me an error. It says that something happened with the HOSTS file so I did what it said and checked that to make sure it wasn't "Read only" but it's not and so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm able to access the internet just fine so I know I'm not having an internet problem, so I'm confused as to why this is happening. And it's happening on both my desktop and my laptop. Does anyone else have this problem, or possibly know what's going on?

When i used Pingzapp i had the same issue, but i never found out the solution but uninstalled PZ.

ashleebabee2308
Oct 21, 2014, 04:53 PM
When i used Pingzapp i had the same issue, but i never found out the solution but uninstalled PZ.

This is the first time I've had this issue, but it's the only thing I can think of that's causing a problem with both computers. If it was just one computer, I would say it's the computer. But I just don't understand how it was working perfectly fine yesterday, and today I'm having problems. I'm not doing anything different. But I don't know how else to play because I can't get PSO2Proxy to work, and I don't have a different way of playing. I can't afford to pay for a way to play the game, so Pingzapper was a nice free solution for me. Does anyone know how to make PSO2Proxy work?

LordKaiser
Oct 21, 2014, 05:51 PM
Try this:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222340

ashleebabee2308
Oct 21, 2014, 06:18 PM
Scratch that, guys. Apparently it works again -_- I gave it a few hours, hoping maybe it was just a glitch or something. I think maybe something was wrong with the internet. Since my dad switched us to Optimum, we constantly have problems, like how our internet connection will disappear for hours on end for no apparent reason. But I thought that couldn't be the case because I could still access the internet okay. But now I'm thinking that maybe there was a bump in the connection or something that was causing a problem with PSO. Either way, it's working again, but I'm definitely going to try and get PSO2Proxy to work, in case it was Pingzapper causing a problem. Plus, while PZ is free and it's nice, it's not great so I want to look at other options. Thanks for the link, LordKaiser. I'm sure it will help a bunch, although I haven't had a chance yet to test out the solution there. But thanks to everyone else who tried to help. Guess I was freaking out for nothing. Thanks!