PDA

View Full Version : goodbye twitch

FireswordRus
Oct 21, 2014, 03:37 PM
Ok, they are finaly did it
http://puu.sh/clbBn/b79f2c19cd.jpg
Yes, I will continue stream to twitch but without sound.
If you need sound, go to my primary channel: http://goodgame.ru/channel/fireswordmrm/

Takatsuki
Oct 21, 2014, 03:58 PM
Copyright trolls are scum.

Sp-24
Oct 21, 2014, 04:01 PM
Welcome to DMCA. Enjoy your stay.

Sayara
Oct 21, 2014, 05:21 PM
Were you using outside source music? Or is it blocking from SEGA's own music?

the_importer_
Oct 21, 2014, 05:35 PM
Were you using outside source music? Or is it blocking from SEGA's own music?

Doesn't matter, blame Google and their lack of balls when it comes to standing up for their users. It's only been a few months and we already get the YouTube treatment.

Sayara
Oct 21, 2014, 05:42 PM
I mean, As dumb as it is I could understand if he was streaming nine inch nails or something in the stream, but if its catching SEGA's own sound and muting that that'd be absurd.

The Walrus
Oct 21, 2014, 05:49 PM
Doesn't matter, blame Google and their lack of balls when it comes to standing up for their users. It's only been a few months and we already get the YouTube treatment.

But Google isn't the company that bought Twitch...

Waku Waku
Oct 21, 2014, 06:05 PM
I don't really understand the logic here. Twitch's muting doesn't affect streams while they're live, only when they're archived. And there are no other punishments or repercussions for having an archived stream muted. There's no reason to mute your own stream.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 21, 2014, 07:53 PM
If I recall Twitch only mutes the audio in recordings, not broadcasts

FireswordRus
Oct 21, 2014, 08:08 PM
If I recall Twitch only mutes the audio in recordings, not broadcasts

Hmm i am miss this, sorry for panic.
sigh, need record all my broadcast to my HD, edit it after and choose another host to save my replays.
and i am dont need for turbo - this is save my money

TaigaUC
Oct 21, 2014, 08:56 PM
Twitch has always been terrible for me.
Hitbox seems great so far. Less lag, better quality, more features that I care about.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 21, 2014, 08:58 PM
I'm pretty sure quality has nothing to do with the websites, that's all dependent of the streamer
Hitbox is better only because it doesn't have the delay Twitch has

Renzix
Oct 21, 2014, 10:57 PM
Better off just ignoring Taiga, because he seems to forget that Twitch was also flawless without delay long ago, but once a site begins to get heavy traffic, changes HAVE to be made, and Copyright Laws HAVE to be followed.

Perfect Chaos
Oct 21, 2014, 11:44 PM
I heard that the mute thing on twitch is automated somehow, and because of that, even Twitch's own official podcast was hit with this muting at one point. Kind of funny.

UltATK
Oct 22, 2014, 01:15 AM
i never understood the appeal of twitch. i saw one or two attention whoring girls with big breasts on there once. besides that youtube kicks its ass. seems like its for live trolling. what a shitty site in my opinion.

TaigaUC
Oct 22, 2014, 07:22 AM
Better off just ignoring Taiga, because he seems to forget that Twitch was also flawless without delay long ago, but once a site begins to get heavy traffic, changes HAVE to be made, and Copyright Laws HAVE to be followed.

I can't forget what I never knew.
I never used Twitch back then, and I wasn't referring to the copyright laws at all.

You have quite the attitude, recommending to ignore someone based on assumptions they didn't clarify.
This is what I mean when I complain about rude people. You could have asked me to explain in detail.

I'm pretty sure quality has nothing to do with the websites, that's all dependent of the streamer
Hitbox is better only because it doesn't have the delay Twitch has

When I first started streaming, I tried streaming on Twitch and Justin.tv with the same settings.
Twitch's quality was always much worse, not just in lag but in visual quality. Heavy artifacting/glitching, jerking, skipping.
I tried several times since, and always had problems with Twitch that didn't exist on Justin.tv. It was smooth and consistent.
After Justin.tv died, I tried Twitch again before moving to Hitbox. Same problems on Twitch. None on Hitbox.
When comparing between Hitbox and Twitch, Hitbox still gives me better visual quality. That's why I said it's better.

Why was Twitch's quality worse for me? I have no idea.
My connection isn't great, perhaps that's a factor. Or maybe it's my location. I could have made a mistake somewhere.
You don't have to take my word as law, but at least consider the possibility.
I think that's much more reasonable than ignoring me outright.

Punisher106
Oct 22, 2014, 10:47 AM
This reminds me of a picture I saw, ever since Bitch.tv started this auto-copyright shit.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/807/415/0bf.png