PDA

View Full Version : Sudden IP Ban / FPS Issue using proxy

LinkKD
Oct 23, 2014, 10:40 PM
Recently (like, a week ago more specifically) I came back to playing PSO2 after a long break. The game was connecting and running fine untill yesterday.

When I tried to login today, the tweaker would say the servers were offline. After asking around some friends and stuff, I realized I couldnt load the pso2.jp site either, and that they could log into the game while I couldn't...which seems like something that an IP Ban would cause.

What I'm confused about is why I could log into the game and the site just fine untill yesterday, but suddenly today it seems I got IP banned? I thought that about now SEGA had already stopped adding new IPs to the ban?

Anyway, I tried using the proxy featured in the Tweaker, aswell as using WTFast. Both of them allow me to login, but I immeadetly noticed an issue when I logged. Whenever something connection related happens in the game (namely, people/NPCs loading in the lobby, weapon swapping, block changing, etc) I get a major fps drop spike for some reason. Before I had to use the proxy, my game would always run smooth at 60fps.

I'd like to know, does anyone else also have this issue where the fps drops over connection-related things while using the proxy? Is this supposed to be normal? Is there any way I can fix it?

The effect it takes isnt exactly huge, they're fast fps drop spikes...but it stops me from triple dashing for example, and when I go into a full lobby my fps drops to 10ish, and it stays there for a long while, untill everyone on the area loads (and then if I leave the area and go back there again, the same process happens again). So in the end it can be quite an issue.

Thanks in Advance for any feedback.

Sp-24
Oct 23, 2014, 10:59 PM
I used to have a similar issue with connection, but, thankfully it's fixed for now. You are not "banned", and definitely not by Sega. But you can't connect to PSO2 due to the way how, well, something works in the Japanese inner network. It seems like your ISP is trying to connect you through a route that's different from before, and that route doesn't accept the format that the Japanese network is broadcasting their signal in or whatever. I tried contacting my ISP over this, and they said that it's out of their hands.

As for your FPS drop, it does happen to me in some online games, but not in PSO2. I think it's somewhat normal when playing online on lower-end machines.

LinkKD
Oct 23, 2014, 11:07 PM
How did you fix your problem?

And also, you didn't get what I meant about the fps drop. My machine isn't lower end, like I said PSO2 would run smoothly at 60fps up to yesterday. What causes the fps drop is using the proxy, not my machine. This is especially true because only things that are related to my connection with the game (like loading other characters/NPCs or changing weapons) cause a fps drop. If I go solo into a field killing mobs without changing weapons, my fps stays at 60 smooth.

LinkKD
Oct 24, 2014, 05:29 PM
Also, on a side note.

A couple friends of mine said that they dont get this fps drop while using the proxy. So it makes me feel like there's something I can do to fix it?

Noone else got this? anyone? :s

LordKaiser
Oct 24, 2014, 06:10 PM
The question is if it happens with any proxy or just PSO2 Proxy?

UnLucky
Oct 24, 2014, 06:13 PM
I use pingzapper and the lobby always hangs for me

LinkKD
Oct 24, 2014, 06:19 PM
Hangs = fps drop?

And like I said in the OP, I tried using WTFast too so...I guess it fits in the "any proxy" category. Some friends seem to not get this though, so...yeah. (and they're using the PSO2 proxy)

I'm also confused as to why my IP would only get banned yesterday, while it wasn't during all this time up to now, but that's a different story.

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 24, 2014, 09:45 PM
This kinda sounds like the "bad client" problem some people get.

I don't know to much of it, but there's this strange thing were you log in the game gives you a "client" and sometimes it gives you a "bad client" when you get this "bad client" you get things like fps drops when someone switches a weapon when people load into your MPA etc etc.

Also your load times increase and the loading tube looks very "choppy" and not smooth. I remember seeing a video of this on nico nico a while back.

Try uninstalling the English patch/story patch etc etc by doing a file search in the launcher or in the tweaker. It's the option that pretty much downloads all the vanilla pso2 files. Then try logging in again without installing any English patches.

I know someone with this problem and when they uninstalled all the English patches and simply started the game up vanilla style it went back to running smoothly. Sounds crazy? Maybe but if it works for him it maybe works for you?

wefwq
Oct 24, 2014, 11:03 PM
Hangs = fps drop?

And like I said in the OP, I tried using WTFast too so...I guess it fits in the "any proxy" category. Some friends seem to not get this though, so...yeah. (and they're using the PSO2 proxy)

I'm also confused as to why my IP would only get banned yesterday, while it wasn't during all this time up to now, but that's a different story.
Some people said that WTFast is resource-demanding, but idk since i never use it.
Have you ever try PSO2Proxy from tweaker?

You might get IP banned if your ISP doing something, but i believe it's not permanent like SEA IP Ban.

LinkKD
Oct 25, 2014, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Appearently, a friend of mine seems to have found a solution for the problem, and it's the most simple/weird one lol.

Basically, it seems that running the tweaker as admin makes all the fps drop stop, no idea why. I'm not entirely sure, but there seems to be some more latency, compared to when the fps drop is there too...but that could be related to the times when I tested and whatnot really. Either way, it's much better than the fps drop.

Either way, yeah. If anyone else has this problem, try running the tweaker as admin lol.

Zysets
Oct 26, 2014, 02:03 PM
I was hoping to test not running the tweaker as admin, to see if there really is a difference, but I can't seem to even run the tweaker without admin permissions. Though I've never had any notable change in framerate between using the official launcher or the tweaker.

Seraphus
Oct 26, 2014, 02:20 PM
I seem to be having a problem that sounds very close to the OP's so I'll hijack this thread for a moment. When using the base ENG patch, I seem to be getting all these stutters and long loading (mostly in the main lobby). This happens on 3 different computers with 3 different SSD's. However, not using the ENG patch or only the files under 700KB seem to run the game just fine. This is with the Tweaker and without (Amazon PPTP server VPN).

This does not happen on my HDD of my main computer on a fresh power-on, but sometimes happens when the game has started after the PC has been woken from sleep. The one thing the computers have in common are that they are all on WIFI and I currently do not have access to ethernet or messing with the settings. Someone in a previous tech support thread seemed have this stuttering issue and it was fixed by replacing the modem.

Since something definitely seemed to change with the OP's internet connection, that seems to be a likely culprit. However I'd like to fix this without having to mess with my modem/router (because I currently can't) and the admin thing does not work for me.

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 27, 2014, 02:19 AM
I seem to be having a problem that sounds very close to the OP's so I'll hijack this thread for a moment. When using the base ENG patch, I seem to be getting all these stutters and long loading (mostly in the main lobby). This happens on 3 different computers with 3 different SSD's. However, not using the ENG patch or only the files under 700KB seem to run the game just fine. This is with the Tweaker and without (Amazon PPTP server VPN).

This does not happen on my HDD of my main computer on a fresh power-on, but sometimes happens when the game has started after the PC has been woken from sleep. The one thing the computers have in common are that they are all on WIFI and I currently do not have access to ethernet or messing with the settings. Someone in a previous tech support thread seemed have this stuttering issue and it was fixed by replacing the modem.

Since something definitely seemed to change with the OP's internet connection, that seems to be a likely culprit. However I'd like to fix this without having to mess with my modem/router (because I currently can't) and the admin thing does not work for me.

Just play without the English patch. Like I said earlier my friend has the same problem. If he removes the English patch all goes back to running smoothly.

LinkKD
Oct 29, 2014, 08:36 AM
That's... very odd. And this works every time without fail?

Almost.

I've been using WTFast as my proxy, since I figured it lags slightly less than the PSO2 proxy. So yesterday I tried messing with its settings (changing ports, enabling/desabling nogle algorithm and whatnot) and after I did so, I started getting the fps drop thing again, even when running the tweaker as admin.

I thought it was one of the settings I changed in WTFast that caused it, so I started to slowly resume then to my old setup, one by one, to see which of them would've caused it. Turns out that after resuming it to the exact same settings as before, the fps drop went on (AND AS A PLUS, PSO2 FOR SOME REASON RESET MY CONTROL BINDINGS TO THE DEFAULT UPON ONE OF MY LOGINS FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON @#%@#$@%#). Confused as fuck, I restarted the PC and after that, running the tweaker as admin worked as usual lol. I didnt dare to try and mess with WTFast's settings again though...I might yolo and try it again today later on.

Other than this episode, I believe that yes, running the tweaker as admin has been always stopping the fps drop issue, and yes, I find it weird as fuck myself...but im just glad I can play properly <_>.

Mind you, I'm using the eng patch during all this, but only the eng patch for now (not large files or story).

LinkKD
Oct 31, 2014, 03:39 PM
Actually /\

I take that back. The last few days ive been starting the tweaker as admin and my fps drop will still be there sometimes. Honestly, I have no idea what triggers/solves it anymore lol. But I've only managed to NOT have the fps drop by starting the tweaker as admin so far...so I guess it has something to do with it

Edit:

In fact, im repeatedly reloging right now running it as admin, and my fps drops just stays there, so idk how the fuck to stop it now. Ah, the joy.

Edit2:

After restarting the PC now and trying again, it worked. Honestly...I don't even.

Wish I could understand how this works lol, does anyone have any clue?