PDA

View Full Version : About Gunslash

LordKaiser
Oct 23, 2014, 10:49 PM
What do you guys think? Useful weapon or wasteful trash?

Rakurai
Oct 23, 2014, 11:13 PM
It's capable of pulling out numbers comparable to the other melee weapons due to its high PA multipliers.

I personally only use it for PP regen, though.

wefwq
Oct 23, 2014, 11:19 PM
What do you guys think? Useful weapon or wasteful trash?
It's a pretty good weapon, but it's not that good nor that bad.

Rien
Oct 23, 2014, 11:37 PM
The gun is stronger than the slash. STILL.

Dragon_Knight
Oct 24, 2014, 08:28 AM
I would say its an average that's not given its credit. It doesn't have the max numbers everyone is after but it does deal some pain in a wide arc with certain PAs. I use it a lot when I get surrounded, also in ranger mode I can kill stuff quickly with headshots.....assuming I can locate and/or register a hit on that box. You'd be amazed how far the head hitbox is above the body on some of them. >.>

Rien- I kinda surprised you have better gun power than slash. Sure the numbers on the weapon say the guns almost always stronger. But I play ranger a lot and my slashes usually do 100-200 more per hit than comparable body shots with the gun.

Xaelouse
Oct 24, 2014, 10:52 AM
The gun is stronger than the slash. STILL.

Because they refuse to fix the melee PA appropriate for mobbing (Kreisenschlag)

LordKaiser
Oct 24, 2014, 12:33 PM
Since they are universal multi-class weapons, what class will benefit the most with it? Ranger, Hunter, Fighter?

I've never bothered with the existence of Gunslash till I got this one:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7pdR9uO.jpg?1[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xaelouse
Oct 24, 2014, 12:40 PM
FI with HU sub, since that gunslash boosts slash rave with its latent ability.

LordKaiser
Oct 24, 2014, 12:47 PM
I see it also it sells for a hefty price as well.... Decisions lol.

pkemr4
Oct 24, 2014, 01:05 PM
the add bullet latent gunslash is working wonders for me.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 24, 2014, 02:13 PM
get rid of the gunslash due to who knows what we're getting once extra hard mode and ultimate comes out

untrustful
Oct 24, 2014, 02:18 PM
I assume whips and slicers for a ranger/force class.

Keilyn
Oct 24, 2014, 02:30 PM
I saw a video of a player who actually killed each boss pretty fast with a gunslash before....The numbers hitting with it were five-digit.

However, I don't know if numbers like that were pre-episode 3 or post-episode 3.

UnLucky
Oct 24, 2014, 05:07 PM
Slash Rave does impressive numbers, but it's really slow and has no reach.

Anything you could pull off with a gunslash, a wired lance or partisan would easily trump. More damage and ease of use, too.

Add Bullet is really good AoE, but the single target PAs don't come close to the jokes you can tell with a rifle or bow.

And that's good. If gunslash were the best melee and/or ranged weapon, there'd be no point in using your own class's main weapons. But it seriously needs a melee PA that isn't completely outclassed in every situation.

glopo
Oct 24, 2014, 11:59 PM
I'll just show you this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4JM4MfPYQo

HIT0SHI
Oct 25, 2014, 12:31 PM

To think Slash Rave & Serpent Air can be this good... thanks for sharing this!

http://i.imgur.com/UqdupnC.gif

Rien
Oct 25, 2014, 12:58 PM
I saw a video of a player who actually killed each boss pretty fast with a gunslash before....The numbers hitting with it were five-digit.

However, I don't know if numbers like that were pre-episode 3 or post-episode 3.

Thatwas a limit break build though

LordKaiser
Oct 25, 2014, 06:05 PM
Wow now I don't want to part away with it lol.

XD

I should place it at a very high price so no one buys it then retrieve it later.

sol_trigger
Oct 28, 2014, 10:24 PM

this is bullshit because any weapons can do this with OP gears

Flaoc
Oct 28, 2014, 11:06 PM
they are ok.. pretty good mob tool on ra tho however i only ever bothered with them cause i ended up with the 12*, better off using primary weapon

LonelyGaruga
Oct 28, 2014, 11:12 PM
this is bullshit because any weapons can do this with OP gears

That particular Gunslash is actually pretty common and weak. Its stats are among the lowest of 10* Gunslashes, so even though its potential is a 14% increase, there are plenty of Gunslashes with far higher stats and better potentials. Ex/Noire Lieser for dragons, Cardesta for oceanids, XQ Gunslash, stuff like that.

Beyond the fact that the gear isn't actually that OP, an ignorant statement like this does nothing but pointlessly detract from an obviously superb display of skill and knowledge. It's OK if you're jelly because you'll never get that good. Just keep that information to yourself. Nobody has to know.

LotusFX
Oct 28, 2014, 11:14 PM

Damn. A lot better than Gu. :wacko: Thanks for this.

Rien
Oct 29, 2014, 12:52 AM
That particular Gunslash is actually pretty common and weak. Its stats are among the lowest of 10* Gunslashes, so even though its potential is a 14% increase, there are plenty of Gunslashes with far higher stats and better potentials. Ex/Noire Lieser for dragons, Cardesta for oceanids, XQ Gunslash, stuff like that.

Beyond the fact that the gear isn't actually that OP, an ignorant statement like this does nothing but pointlessly detract from an obviously superb display of skill and knowledge. It's OK if you're jelly because you'll never get that good. Just keep that information to yourself. Nobody has to know.

It's a crafted sonic laser, bringing it up to about bio damage (just +2 more ratk) but even higher because of the 14% which happens whenever Limit Break is switched on, turning it into the strongest gunslash in the game during the time period the video was made. It requires 600 dex to equip, so let's assume at this point damage variance arguments are moot.

Right now, in terms of pure, conditional damage, the Hawk Fiamma (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%9B%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%95%E3% 82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%9E) is strongest assuming you use Slash Rave and only Slash Rave with the same build and Limit Break turned on.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 29, 2014, 12:56 AM
Missed that it was crafted, saw the video before and didn't read the description. Noire Lieser and Cardesta would still be better for dragons and oceanids, but I'd have to do math to figure out what else would compete and I really don't feel like doing that. Sonic Laser's still pretty easy to get even without premium, but that's kind of beside the point.

So with that correction, let me rephrase.

OP gear is not a reason to bash a video.

That should be simple enough.

sol_trigger
Oct 29, 2014, 12:57 AM

>jelly about things in a game ?

you so mad bro :D

anything can be strong with OP gears not just your gunslash

LonelyGaruga
Oct 29, 2014, 12:59 AM
OK.

And?

Hobu
Oct 29, 2014, 01:01 AM
So what are you nerds arguing about again?

Sizustar
Oct 29, 2014, 01:07 AM

Except the gear isn't Op.

Vetur
Oct 29, 2014, 01:18 AM
I use a Gunslash on my Hu/Fi mostly for fun(because he's a cosplay of a character who carries a white umbrella, and my gunslash is a white parasol), but found it also does pretty good damage when he spams the PA(Regenschlag).
It could just be because of his low level and his other weapons being outdated, though.
If you really like it and have fun with it, that is the most important. It's not super special awesome OP, but it's also not as weak as what most people seem to say it is. I think it's more like "meh".
PS: I also have heard of people, particularly Forces, who will use it in gun mode to regain PP from afar, rather than the slow talis throwing or melee rod attacks.

Xaelouse
Oct 29, 2014, 01:40 AM

It's not gear, it's Limit Break. Limit Break tends to make anything look better than it actually is against sandbags or in youtube videos staged for entertainment purposes

Walkure
Oct 29, 2014, 03:10 AM
Slash Rave does impressive numbers, but it's really slow and has no reach.

Anything you could pull off with a gunslash, a wired lance or partisan would easily trump. More damage and ease of use, too.

Add Bullet is really good AoE, but the single target PAs don't come close to the jokes you can tell with a rifle or bow.

And that's good. If gunslash were the best melee and/or ranged weapon, there'd be no point in using your own class's main weapons. But it seriously needs a melee PA that isn't completely outclassed in every situation.I've actually been recording JA times and comparing on-paper stats for FI weapons. Gunslash's DPS is actually surprisingly close to Volg Combo of Volg -> Slide Endx2, although the advantage Volg has is being able to reposition while charging, and the ability to have the explosion on a hard breakable using damage from the boss's weak point. There's no hope for beating out Holding Current, either, but it actually beats out FI weapons outside of Twin Dagger and it's 1.5x mod for being in midair.

Gunslash melee PAs match Double Saber's top PAs in DPS, while having much better PP efficiency. Gunslash also has higher SATK than Double Saber, giving like an extra ~5% damage.

Knuckle PAs, even with L3 Gear, either still have bad DPS, or have an especially terrible PP-efficiency. So it's not hard to imagine that Gunslash would be better to use either outside of some really good usage on the iframes for Ducking Blow/Pendulum Roll.

Not sure if this is a statement about Gunslash or Dsaber/Knuckle damage though.

Rien
Oct 29, 2014, 06:18 AM
How does it fare against Double Saber's 15pp fake capture spam against non-grab-able enemies?

Maenara
Oct 29, 2014, 06:34 AM
The general consensus is that Gunslash is not THE best, but it's definitely very viable to the point where if you're sufficiently skilled enough in using one, you'll do just as well as things that are better - where other things fail that Gunslash does not is that Gunslash has powerful mobbing and bossing whereas most weapon types make a sacrifice one way or the other, so the fact that they're a bit better in specific situations than Gunslash is a moot point.

Walkure
Oct 29, 2014, 01:00 PM
How does it fare against Double Saber's 15pp fake capture spam against non-grab-able enemies?I actually wrote that off in practice because I figured it'd be less PP-efficient than BHS spam.

After finding the mod on the first hit, it turns out that comparing Bio weapon to Bio weapon, it's almost precisely the same DPS and PP-efficiency as BHS on knuckles. In terms of equivalent power on a Double Saber, they both deal ~1850 Power/second and ~30Power/PP spent.

Alternating between Tri-Impact/Rage Dance/Serpent Air averages 1220 Power/second and 67 Power/PP spent, again, all in terms of an equivalent Double Saber's power. Slash Rave is 1115 Pow/s and 90 Pow/PP without TAJAB (just spamming), fitting it into a combo would be 1393 Pow/s and 115 Pow/PP.

In practice, I've found that BHS PP cost so crippling that unless I just use it to set up a break/flinch animation to setup Holding Current spam (which for these comparisons is either 2200Pow/s, 362Pow/PP OR 1650Pow/s and 271Pow/PP), it's just not worth doing.

IndigoNovember
Oct 29, 2014, 01:05 PM
I've actually been recording JA times and comparing on-paper stats for FI weapons. Gunslash's DPS is actually surprisingly close to Volg Combo of Volg -> Slide Endx2, although the advantage Volg has is being able to reposition while charging, and the ability to have the explosion on a hard breakable using damage from the boss's weak point.

Did you do tests with Volg Raptor -> Slide End -> Speed Rain? Or is Slide End x2 more damage than Speed Rain with +15% from Tech Arts JA Bonus?

Walkure
Oct 29, 2014, 08:04 PM
Really it's about whatever you can fit in a three second window after the first slide end lands. Speed Rain would be able to fit in since it's two seconds.

Theoretically, you might be able to activate Volg with Slide End, then use three PAs alternating between Bandersnatch and Rising Flag.

Hrith
Oct 30, 2014, 04:34 AM
I absolutely destroyed a Lv70 Falz Hunar with Addition Bullet as RA/HU. I did not even know the PA hit the weak spot of that boss so easily. The boss spawned in the middle of other monsters in the white land, saw the huge numbers, decided to keep using the gunblade instead of switching to rifle. I did not even use Weak Bullet, the boss was dead in no time.

As for melee gunblade PAs, Slash Rave, Rage Dance and Regenschlag are decent, but gunblade badly needs a melee PA that works on groups.

Rien
Oct 30, 2014, 04:45 AM
I actually wrote that off in practice because I figured it'd be less PP-efficient than BHS spam.

After finding the mod on the first hit, it turns out that comparing Bio weapon to Bio weapon, it's almost precisely the same DPS and PP-efficiency as BHS on knuckles. In terms of equivalent power on a Double Saber, they both deal ~1850 Power/second and ~30Power/PP spent.

Alternating between Tri-Impact/Rage Dance/Serpent Air averages 1220 Power/second and 67 Power/PP spent, again, all in terms of an equivalent Double Saber's power. Slash Rave is 1115 Pow/s and 90 Pow/PP without TAJAB (just spamming), fitting it into a combo would be 1393 Pow/s and 115 Pow/PP.

In practice, I've found that BHS PP cost so crippling that unless I just use it to set up a break/flinch animation to setup Holding Current spam (which for these comparisons is either 2200Pow/s, 362Pow/PP OR 1650Pow/s and 271Pow/PP), it's just not worth doing.

So in theory we could use this and double saber gear go outdo knuckle's BHS.

Wow.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 30, 2014, 11:16 AM
I absolutely destroyed a Lv70 Falz Hunar with Addition Bullet as RA/HU. I did not even know the PA hit the weak spot of that boss so easily. The boss spawned in the middle of other monsters in the white land, saw the huge numbers, decided to keep using the gunblade instead of switching to rifle. I did not even use Addition Bullet, the boss was dead in no time.

What?

Falz Hunar is super fragile anyway. I swear, mid-bosses are more durable than he is. Pitiful.

Radical Dreamer
Oct 30, 2014, 02:22 PM
As for melee gunblade PAs, Slash Rave, Rage Dance and Regenschlag are decent, but gunblade badly needs a melee PA that works on groups.

I was kind of baffled by the fact that Rage Dance was the only melee PA that got a range buff, and even now its range is still pitiful. I mean, I get why they didn't boost the range on Serpent Air/Slash Rave since they're pretty powerful, but c'mon.

Walkure
Oct 30, 2014, 03:02 PM
Melee gunslash has a niche, ranged gunslash has a niche, and it still has a third niche as PP recovery on tech classes. Gunslash is in a pretty good spot IMO.

So in theory we could use this and double saber gear go outdo knuckle's BHS.

Wow.
You can also leverage Double Saber's on-hit PP gain to compensate for the PP compensation. And you don't have to worry about having to jump like with Knuckle gear. Only real problem is that it matches BHS when you perfectly hit the JA window; if you're going later in the JA window you can actually go down to about half the DPS.

I'll have to consider it for something like breaking Ex/Quartz's face, kneecapping Zesh, etc.

Hrith
Oct 31, 2014, 03:48 PM
What?Yeah, sorry, I did not use Weak Bullet on the boss.