PDA

View Full Version : How would you describe pso2 gameplay/combat?

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 24, 2014, 01:48 PM
would you consider PSO2 to be the fastest in terms of combat and gameplay?
excluding everything else how would you rate pso2 in terms of combat system?

personally, out of all the other games i've played, nothing compares to PSO2 in this field, Tera, vindictus, and all the other "popular" mmos don't even compare.

I have a stubborn friend who played for a week with high lag, as a ranger, and never got to even rockbear, who still believe that vindictus is way faster?
i mean really? vindictus has been one of the shittiest overrated games i've played alongside with tera, and that is, i played as "Lann" which is considered the fastest class in terms of combat.

anyways, what do you guys think?

edit: if pso2 is not the best, which other mmorpg would you consider better?

Zorua
Oct 24, 2014, 01:59 PM
I'd have to go with good. PSO2's combat is a huge factor in why I haven't been able to put the game down for long periods of time. It also made it impossible for me to play games like TERA without falling asleep. Though, I still can't say it's the best.

Rien
Oct 24, 2014, 02:00 PM
The system is good but the mechanics are bad

The whole balance thing is a piece of shit and it becomes a flinchfest or burst damage race.

If we took ourselves back to the old days of being low level people would still love it

Vampy
Oct 24, 2014, 02:28 PM
I say it's alright nothing to write home about it's fast but in some aspects it feels stiff.

Xaelouse
Oct 24, 2014, 02:33 PM
Not cuhrazy enough

Vampy
Oct 24, 2014, 02:37 PM
The biggest issue for me is coming in straight from almost non stop monster hunter for 6 years and I could never really fully wrap my min around the combat it's fun not going to deny that but it's still foreign for me. So my opinion is a bit biased.

Hexxy
Oct 24, 2014, 02:48 PM
I think pso2 is up there and has little in the way of competition but as far as combat goes it can't even touch vindictus. Vind has a much higher skill cap where timing and decision making actually impact success whereas pso2 you pick your favorite PA, spam right-mouse and you win everything. Also vind lacks all the gamebreaking abilities besides transforming (which is a 1-per-hour thing and doesn't guarantee success).

pkemr4
Oct 24, 2014, 02:51 PM
better than other games.

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 24, 2014, 03:09 PM
I think pso2 is up there and has little in the way of competition but as far as combat goes it can't even touch vindictus. Vind has a much higher skill cap where timing and decision making actually impact success whereas pso2 you pick your favorite PA, spam right-mouse and you win everything. Also vind lacks all the gamebreaking abilities besides transforming (which is a 1-per-hour thing and doesn't guarantee success).

vindictus is just so utterly boring and slow though =.=" it feels no different from tera almost.

Keilyn
Oct 24, 2014, 03:16 PM
I find the combat system to be ok.

There are a lot of updates and nerfs I didn't like in the mechanics.

I don't like the entire "PAs over level 10 can't be sold in playershops" and I feel like the class system is kind of messed up.

If I redesigned the whole system I would simply make a system where we have General and Specific. The General Side would return this game to orientation of Hunter (Melee Attacker), Ranger (Ranged Attacker), Force (Tech Attacker).

It would be one tree that would be uniform....

S-ATK UP
R-ATK UP
T-ATK UP

Health UP
PP UP
DEX UP

S-DEF UP
R-DEF UP
T-DEF UP

Each Player will have 40 points. The gains would be a lot better than what we see in most trees and would be a lot closer to Force's T-ATK High Up. Each value will have 10 levels. For Attack after level 5, overall attack damage will increase by 2%. The same would exist for Defense

Health Passed Level 5 would receive more Resta restoration effect on the player
For PP it would be slightly faster regeneration
For Dex it would reduce variance by 10% between min and max damage, so your damage should be 95 - 100% at Level 10

All of these give raw numbers from level 1 - 5, from level 6 - 10 they give lower numbers and a bonus.

This becomes important because this becomes a template for all the attributes one receives at Leveling Up. In essence, we are creating our own Level Up Template from this...

The game would work to Level from 1 to 100.

What would happen next is that we would have the class trees.

The Class Trees would be heavy, and we would earn points at the end of completed missions to use towards unlocking elements of the class trees. However, they have their restrictions and in the end players would unlock practically everything....

The idea of the class tree is to put in things very specific to the class. Class Skills, Class Modifiers, Stuff like "Fire Damage increases by 20% is in Force trees" and we see that already. Stuff like "Increase T-ATK by 10 points" are things that piss me off. I rather have the actual multipliers on the classes themselves...along with actual useful skills

The players would pick a centralized class.

I would balance things by having players have Affinity. An Affinity would be either Hunter, Force, or Ranger, and would be determined by how far one goes in the tree. For example....If I go Force, I would get One Aura for playing Force at least...but then I went into T-ATK to push it up...I wanted some Range as well...Just in case...

I would end up with a class that might have a Tech Affinity of 4 (max) and perhaps a ranger affinity of 2...maybe I could put in points for hunter affinity of 1.

We would then go into the Skill Trees themselves. Players would earn points at the end of missions (and through COs) to unlock the skills trees. In fact it would be a second type of experience.

We then have three types of skills for the sake of balance.....

1) Class Based Restriction (A skill can only be used if a player mains the class), those would be super big game breaking skills. Stuff we know only a Super Main should have. This prevents a player from getting max affinity with two classes and having a Double-Super Skill on each stack. We know a Hunter should not cast a spell that fires 48 meteors into the ground with AoE as large as Lina Inverse's Dragon Slave...

2) Affinity based Restriction: These skills, abilities and passives can be used and have their power based on Affinity Levels. This would allow multipliers to stack without being too powerful.

3) Free Skills (Any Class can use these fully)

Ok, how to make it all work?

Players would have a limited amount of points, in which players can reset and customize anytime they are outside a mission...

The way it would work is that, we have talked about Class Trees as just trees to unlock abilities, and nothing more....representing Class. We need a CHARACTER TREE in which we pick the abilities we want to use from everything we have unlocked and move them into the tree.

We would then slot these skills, passives, stances, abilities, etc. We would slot them as part of our character sheet so the top half has our raw numbers, the right has our equipment, and the bottom has our chosen skills, stances, abilities, etc....which has their affinity based restrictions, and class based restrictions to have them stack together...

So now we have literally controlled the kind of attributes we see at level up, we also now control the skills we want to use, and the game recognizes that we still have our main choice of going after Hunter, Ranger, or Force playstyles and rewarding us for that, without giving us too much...

Of course no system is perfect, but its just my own idea for a system.
Its more like "The Secret World meets PSO-2"

I would love something like this because then we can control how we truly play, and there will be far less junk in the Class Trees...

Numerical = General Tree unless the number is SO BIG it must be in a class tree.
Multipliers and everything else = Class Trees....

Like I stated before...I hate the entire "Lets waste three to five points in order to unlock real shit.....on every class tree in PSO2.

I kind of wish the entire "Give me a tree....that lets me control how to level, then just let me unlock abilities...put some kind of restriction and then let me customize to my playstyle.....

Laxedrane
Oct 24, 2014, 03:21 PM
I feel that beyond minor tweaks the combat isn't going to get much better in an online multi-player action rpg than this. Having it be a 4-12 person multi-player game handicaps the action a little bit but pso2 makes that gap where it can.

It's just sad when I can remember the days when hard was the highest difficulty and it had that sweet spot. Which has nothing to do with combat but other things like skill trees and weapons. Between what monsters can do to you, what you can to them, and the tools available. That went to hell in a hand basket with the onset of later 9*s, 10*s, and very hard. We are getting close to that point again and I am hoping ultimate delivers that same environment. But it's yet to be seen.

Kilich
Oct 24, 2014, 04:00 PM
Good enough.

strikerhunter
Oct 24, 2014, 04:43 PM

The whole balance thing is a piece of shit and it becomes a flinchfest or burst damage race.

This is the reason I would rate the game's gameplay as average. That along with the easy learning curve as well.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 24, 2014, 04:59 PM
Basing it off my experience on how it grew

It's..."wrong"

Unnamed Player
Oct 24, 2014, 05:02 PM
It depends, i really like TMGs but melee(in general)...v.v

Force is ok as long as you have an Elysion but otherwise its just as unplayable as melee.

isCasted
Oct 24, 2014, 05:06 PM
Main problem of combat in PSO2 is excessive simplicity when it comes to picking your moves. Enemies are punchbags, so you can do anything to them, but at the same time you don't want to do a lot - there's no reason to build a complicated combo from PAs. There's also not enough fluidity between PAs (good example of widely-used fluid combo was Tsukimi->Gekka pre-EP3). I could make a combo for WLs, someone else could do it for TMGs, but do we need it?

I think developers are aware of this problem. UQs might have their impact on players' styles, but mostly it's PAs themselves what becomes more complicated. Shunka Shunran was a failed attempt at making extensive PA, but it's still something. Then we see Jet Boots with optional Shift actions. Now we see a Sword PA that gives extra effects to Just Guard.

Give it time and we will get a definitive formula (or something close to it) of combat that will satisfy both casual and hardcore action genre players.

Freshellent
Oct 24, 2014, 10:56 PM
There's a lot of repetition, as there tends to be when it comes to minmaxing or whatever you want to call it. But it terms of freedom and responsiveness, I'm mostly pleased. When it comes to numbers and the like I tend to disagree, outside of bossfights sometimes I feel like a lack of ooomph, but it does well enough.

It's certainly different, yet familiar enough for me to keep coming back, eh? It's the least PS feeling PS game tho for me.

Edit: Also, Vindictus isn't that bad of a game. In terms of it's combat it's really grounded and just as unforgiving later as this games. The catch is in Vindictus you can't get the gear you can in PSO2 and just completely invalidate certain mechanics. The stronger you get in PS series, the less enjoyable it becomes. They could stand to find a better medium- but that lies with the combat engine itself. Limitations can be good, if the right minds are behind it.

wefwq
Oct 24, 2014, 11:07 PM
It's great but not the best, and not cuhrayzee-tier either.
Overall really great combat system for PC MORPG out there, and probably best core combat gameplay compared to other PC MORPG out there (excluding difficulty design and shitty RNG).

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 25, 2014, 03:28 PM
There isn't much depth in the mechanics, not much variation in play style required for utility purposes (whether that's good or bad is subjective), it's pretty dull in that fighting normal mobs is boring, uninteresting, and ridiculously easy, it feels more like a Warriors game as opposed to an ARPG, boss fights are also a DPS race, the moment you stagger a boss is the moment you can say "You're already dead", of course if you're strong enough you do it in 10 seconds and don't need the break stagger, then you just say "You're already dead" during their intro cutscene.

At its core it's just flawed, even if the enemies were more aggressive and quick, we are granted so many i-frames that it's near impossible to really get killed by regular mobs unless you aren't trying to fight back. You don't have to time dodges against the mobs since they all only have two attacks that are slow as shit.

Still, it's entertaining enough to turn your brain off for and enjoy just slaughtering stuff in huge, wide open, boring sandbox areas. And some of the boss fights are genuinely fun, like Dragon Babby Hands, Bling Ringdha, Biggest Loser, and Banthers if you have adds.

5/10 would but wouldn't brag to homies about it.

Hobu
Oct 25, 2014, 04:14 PM
PSO2 has a mixture of customization and combat and it doesn't complicate both and doesn't turn it into Korean female beauty sameface or Chinese generic wuxia level of difficulty. I've played a lot of fast paced MMOs like S4 League, SD Gundam Capsule Fighter online and those games were Cuhrazee and requires Gunz The Duel level of reflexes. But PSO2 is refreshing. You still min-max at a point, but the freedom to completely customize is what always gets me. Combat is simple enough that you can either suck at it on purpose, or chose not to. I've played a lot of Phantasy Star enough to know that combat has always been like this with PS games. Repetitive, sometimes challenging, but nevertheless fun.

Blade and Soul can never compare to this. I played it and quit since the bosses and dungeons there are more punching bag-level compared to PSO2.

Vindictus requiring timing is a joke. That game can never be anything than a Musou clone game. I can't even put my finger on how slow the combat is.

Monster Hunter and God Eater - I'd say the game is similar to those two. Customize to your own free will, hunt with friends, and play at your own pace. The game doesn't spoonfeed on how you should play at all. The core may be flawed but the FUN (yes, I'm throwing in this word) of being in an online Futuristic Spess game with glorious nippon steel and freedom of identity... well, you get the point.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 25, 2014, 04:33 PM
Better then Tera, the "other" real time action mmo+^_^+ PSO2 actually has a nice setup, if SEGAC could solve latency issues and etc., for a really decent PVP system+^_^+

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 25, 2014, 04:35 PM
Better then Tera, the "other" real time action mmo+^_^+ PSO2 actually has a nice setup, if SEGAC could solve latency issues and etc., for a really decent PVP system+^_^+

Umm... let's solve class balance first before we think of PvP. That's all I'm gonna say...

NoiseHERO
Oct 25, 2014, 04:36 PM
Combat sucks for an action game.

But as much flak as I give it,

For a pseudo mmo game, it's pretty gud.

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 25, 2014, 04:37 PM
Combat sucks for an action game.

But as much flak as I give it,

For a pseudo mmo game, it's pretty gud.

100% Agree. If I really want my action, I'll play Devel May Cry, Rising, or Bayonetta. But this is the only MMO-ish type game I play.

Achelousaurus
Oct 27, 2014, 12:05 PM

If we took ourselves back to the old days of being low level people would still love it
This.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01865/Otsuchi-rubble_1865058i.jpg
So broken, there is nothing left standing.

While the general framework is great, the details that are messed up are drowning out of the good parts most of the time.
Also, with just a bit of lag it all goes to hell.

NotRankin
Oct 27, 2014, 12:44 PM
i mean really? vindictus has been one of the shittiest overrated games i've played alongside with tera, and that is, i played as "Lann" which is considered the fastest class in terms of combat.

I should slap you for that.

As for pso2, it's meh. Decent but nothing special. Vindi will always have that place in my heart, even though it had the problems with Nexon, it was by far much better than this. Too bad it's dead >>

Plus this game takes no skill.
>>
<<

Fusionxglave
Oct 27, 2014, 01:16 PM
I play vindictus and tera. Tera was okay for the first 30 lvl but then it turn into a click and kinda of action game with really slow running with the same mobs just different colors. I like tera's world becuase it was big however you could only explored the roads and a little bit on the side. I thought original you could visited a lot more of the city instead of the market and town hall. I thought you could enter into hidden doors or walk on the roof. Not to mention the overly price fashion and lack of fashion items too. $30 dollars for a new outfit is just too much. I stay on tera because of the introduction to the free market. the tera's free market was literally really addictive.

Vindictus was okay too did not really get me I like the free market but quieted after the gender class lock. I just did not find anything too appealing. Combat was much better than teras I felt like it had action but not much too explore.

Pso2 Combat was much likes vindictus except a little slower however I stay on PSO2 because I could Make my character look the way I wanted too. Pso2 definitely one of the best customization character design game I played. Not only do Make a character I like I do not have to keep paying huge amounts to change every time. Only have to pay for the minor details like hair colors, body structure, and etc. I still like the Combat because of subclassing. How many other games lets you pick a second class and gives you the class's abilities? I do not no the number but maybe lower than 10 I suppose. PLus I can Change class if I get bored, definitely a good combat system.

TaigaUC
Oct 27, 2014, 02:33 PM
I have a stubborn friend who played for a week with high lag, as a ranger, and never got to even rockbear, who still believe that vindictus is way faster?

I never liked Lann. Fiona was much more fun.
I recall Vindictus being slower than PSO2, but it's way better than TERA.
Vindictus' problem isn't so much its combat but everything else around it.

NotRankin
Oct 27, 2014, 03:22 PM
I never liked Lann. Fiona was much more fun.
I recall Vindictus being slower than PSO2, but it's way better than TERA.
Vindictus' problem isn't so much its combat but everything else around it.

Nexon, Peer2Peer connections, pay to win, requiring cash shop items for events, the list goes on, and on, and on...shame. Was such a good game..

FerrickX
Oct 27, 2014, 03:38 PM
In all honesty, I find the combat in pso2 to be much more "fluid" than other games in it's kind, and i would prefer this over the others of it's kind", but the whole balancing thing needs work though, and as much fun i had with bouncer, it's still lacking that "oompf" for dual blades.

comparing this to tera, vindictus, dragon nest, C9, and the rest, i'd say that this is the one that keeps me coming back

Darki
Oct 27, 2014, 03:50 PM
I would say is the best combat system I've played for this type of game, even though I still see many flaws.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 27, 2014, 06:26 PM
I should slap you for that.

As for pso2, it's meh. Decent but nothing special. Vindi will always have that place in my heart, even though it had the problems with Nexon, it was by far much better than this. Too bad it's dead >>

Plus this game takes no skill.
>>
<<

lol Vindi sucks

Lostbob117
Oct 27, 2014, 07:22 PM
Combat wise, it's pretty fun with a lot of fun mechanics. I think they did a good job on it. Though there is much room for improvement.

Mission wise, it's rather boring. There are few fun missions and those are the PSU styled mission. I liked the dungeon crawler feel in PSU, they kind have taken that out. Which is probably the reason why people like PSU over PSO2.

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 27, 2014, 07:28 PM
In all honesty, I find the combat in pso2 to be much more "fluid" than other games in it's kind, and i would prefer this over the others of it's kind", but the whole balancing thing needs work though, and as much fun i had with bouncer, it's still lacking that "oompf" for dual blades.

comparing this to tera, vindictus, dragon nest, C9, and the rest, i'd say that this is the one that keeps me coming back

this is exactly how i feel.
It's all about the fluidity of the combat, everything seems to mesh together well in all 3 dimensions, unlike most games where you stay grounded all the time. ahem* vindictus.
nothing compares to PSO2 in terms of combat at alllll, the closest thing i could recall was dragon nest.... but that even had its awkward controls at times, making comboing such a pain in the ass especially during PVP.

NotRankin
Oct 28, 2014, 12:30 AM
this is exactly how i feel.
It's all about the fluidity of the combat, everything seems to mesh together well in all 3 dimensions, unlike most games where you stay grounded all the time. ahem* vindictus.
nothing compares to PSO2 in terms of combat at alllll, the closest thing i could recall was dragon nest.... but that even had its awkward controls at times, making comboing such a pain in the ass especially during PVP.

I can somewhat agree on fluidness, but pso2 lacks any sort of depth or skill required that other games had that put them on the map. As for 3 dimensions, who gives a shit. I mean really, does that Z axis really mean anything if the game works well, runs well, comboing feels fantastic, bosses are tough, but fun and rewarding? Honestly, I think you might have played an early beta of Vindi or never tried it after Episode 8, or your comp just sucked and locked up (Or you never got past the first area). It WAS one of those games that playing well required a high framerate. Saying Vindi isn't fluid is like saying MH is playable without gathering your materials.

PSO2 is a good game, but it's just too damn simple and lacks any sort of depth. :-?

FerrickX
Oct 28, 2014, 05:24 AM
I can somewhat agree on fluidness, but pso2 lacks any sort of depth or skill required that other games had that put them on the map. As for 3 dimensions, who gives a shit. I mean really, does that Z axis really mean anything if the game works well, runs well, comboing feels fantastic, bosses are tough, but fun and rewarding? Honestly, I think you might have played an early beta of Vindi or never tried it after Episode 8, or your comp just sucked and locked up (Or you never got past the first area). It WAS one of those games that playing well required a high framerate. Saying Vindi isn't fluid is like saying MH is playable without gathering your materials.

PSO2 is a good game, but it's just too damn simple and lacks any sort of depth. :-?

Yes, Z-axis means alot, especially for action games, air attacks really gives you an edge over grounded enemies, and juggling enemies in the air really is satisfying

and are you actually implying that vindictus requires skill, deep and complex? Because it doesn't, not with all those I-frames, counter moves, zero-animation lock on healing items (no cool down on those as well), over powered transformations, and maximum button mashing of the same move that deals the most damage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum.

Hexxy
Oct 28, 2014, 08:51 AM
and are you actually implying that vindictus requires skill, deep and complex? Because it doesn't, not with all those I-frames, counter moves, zero-animation lock on healing items (no cool down on those as well), over powered transformations, and maximum button mashing of the same move that deals the most damage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum.

Sounds like PSO2.

In Vind once you get to the higher chapters + Season 2 + Hero Mode, combat is definitely much more difficult than anything PSO2 has right now. And yes it is, at least a little bit, more complex.

Potions are nowhere near as effective as Mates (they heal a very small fixed amount and moving reduces it), and you can't carry nearly as many. Your armor can easily shatter like glass and destroys your defense. Transformations are powerful, sure, but they aren't anywhere near as op as things like WB or Chain Trigger, which can be used every other minute rather than once an hour.

It does have a lot of repeated enemies (as does pso2). It also has more boss fights that are better designed and won't drop in 10 seconds. Teamwork actually matters in many boss fights, like using multiple chains to hold down a boss, throwing rocks or flashbombs to stun, assigning people to use turrets and whatnot...most of which has to be timed and aimed, none of which is nearly as faceroll as using something like an AIS.

Not to mention that in Hero mode, enemies have many special effects like damage resist, CC resist (up to and including superarmor everything), damage reflect, exploding corpses (lol)...etc. It makes for some fairly entertaining fights.

So yes, in terms of a combat system, vind is more complex and difficult.

Zorafim
Oct 28, 2014, 09:08 AM
The gameplay, itself, is great. The RPG elements and the actual content, however, are horrible.

Sacrificial
Oct 28, 2014, 12:38 PM
I really like this kind of fighting style, but with any game there is always room for improvement.

Walkure
Oct 28, 2014, 01:24 PM
Combat could be a lot more fluid/streamlined with some tweaks.

PA rebalance and TAJAB brought more incentive to use a wider array of PAs, but this is hamstrung by the 1-2-3 combo system. So actually using some weapons to an effective degree requires dedicating almost your entire palette set to one weapon. On top of that, there's still no extra three weapon palettes.

This makes playing FI using varying weapons to boss eat up a lot of set space for like no reason whatsoever, even before shit like Ancient Oath potentials. And it makes using combinations of weapons for varying phases require more planning than "okay this weapon would be more useful now! *swap*".

The simplest way to "fix" this would require splitting up the shift key between it's two functions of weapon actions, and PA/Tech selection. Or at least allowing that as an option.

Vetur
Oct 28, 2014, 03:44 PM
would you consider PSO2 to be the fastest in terms of combat and gameplay?
excluding everything else how would you rate pso2 in terms of combat system?

personally, out of all the other games i've played, nothing compares to PSO2 in this field, Tera, vindictus, and all the other "popular" mmos don't even compare.

anyways, what do you guys think?

edit: if pso2 is not the best, which other mmorpg would you consider better?

I feel sorry for that friend... maybe they didn't try all the classes in PSO2, or they didn't learn any PAs/Techs...

In my opinion, I totally agree with you, I have never found any MMO that can compare to PSO2's fun combat. Mabinogi's is good, but it's very different and not really "action" in the same way(bit more strategy).

Really I can only compare PSO2's combat with console games like Kingdom Hearts(which I loved).
The only thing that is a bit hard for me is to switch weapon palettes quickly, since I use a controller and am too lazy to setup macros.

I played Tera and Secret World too, and at first liked them, but it bugged me that any kind of dodge had cooldowns, so you'd have to use them sparingly... which I really hated since it meant you couldn't dodge everything and inevitably had to rely on items and healers as you take damage.
I don't know, I think I just hate cooldowns in general, forcing you to use different elements on a single monster who is only weak to one of them and making the game feel like you have less freedom. I really like that PAs/techs in PSO2 don't have cooldowns.

I also really like how you don't need to shove all your attacks on the number hotkeys. That always bothers me in games especially since there's so many skills/attacks and sometimes you gotta reach and spam/cycle through all of them(and for me with small fingers it can hurt since I also have to keep fingers on the WASD keys... I honestly feel that number hotkey-based combat should only be for auto-combat games, not action games where you have to constantly move).

Reyva
Oct 28, 2014, 07:54 PM
Uh to the answer the question.....what everyone else said lol. I could care less about how "fluid" it is personally. Too many game breaking elements in it that I can play the game blindfold if I wanted. It reminds me of a broken console action rpg game turned into a PC Online RPG. You know how in those console RPGs...well some of them, there is something game breaking in them that makes the entire game a complete joke?

Example? Take Fairy Fencer F for example. Game would of been more difficult if it weren't for the DMG X2 mods you could place in dungeons (affects both you and mobs). You basically just turned the game in ultra easy mode as you'll pretty much one shot everything before the enemy even attacks. Tales of Xillia 2, Ludger was pretty much overpowered for a lot of reasons. Sega did the same thing here with PSO2. So makes perfect sense lol.

Vindictus doesn't have the game breaking crap this game does and PSO2 turns you off after you play it a good while. Feels like you can play without even paying attention. Well at least thats what it did for me. Fun at the start, not so much as of today.

I'm more curious how it would of done if it was brought over stateside as I don't like to think of pos-world as the site that sums up how everyone thinks of the game. Besides the whole "Sega of America" and "past games" deal, I wonder if it would take away many Vindictus and other players from other games.

However, anything, and I mean anything in general on planet Earth has its issues. Like there is no such thing as a perfect job. No perfect human being (even though some of you like to think you are). There is always one flaw somewhere. So either put up or shut up is all I can say. I just shut up and play Fashion Star Online 2 when I feel like it and then log off lol.

gigawuts
Oct 28, 2014, 08:09 PM
it's a game

i play it when i'm bored

p.okay

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 28, 2014, 08:32 PM
Uh to the answer the question.....what everyone else said lol. I could care less about how "fluid" it is personally. Too many game breaking elements in it that I can play the game blindfold if I wanted. It reminds me of a broken console action rpg game turned into a PC Online RPG. You know how in those console RPGs...well some of them, there is something game breaking in them that makes the entire game a complete joke?

Example? Take Fairy Fencer F for example. Game would of been more difficult if it weren't for the DMG X2 mods you could place in dungeons (affects both you and mobs). You basically just turned the game in ultra easy mode as you'll pretty much one shot everything before the enemy even attacks. Tales of Xillia 2, Ludger was pretty much overpowered for a lot of reasons. Sega did the same thing here with PSO2. So makes perfect sense lol.

Vindictus doesn't have the game breaking crap this game does and PSO2 turns you off after you play it a good while. Feels like you can play without even paying attention. Well at least thats what it did for me. Fun at the start, not so much as of today.

I'm more curious how it would of done if it was brought over stateside as I don't like to think of pos-world as the site that sums up how everyone thinks of the game. Besides the whole "Sega of America" and "past games" deal, I wonder if it would take away many Vindictus and other players from other games.

However, anything, and I mean anything in general on planet Earth has its issues. Like there is no such thing as a perfect job. No perfect human being (even though some of you like to think you are). There is always one flaw somewhere. So either put up or shut up is all I can say. I just shut up and play Fashion Star Online 2 when I feel like it and then log off lol.

lol vindictus

Gankfest
Oct 28, 2014, 08:58 PM
I've always loved PSO combat. Being a competitive PvP player; PSO is the only PvE game I play. It used to share the spot with FFXI... But then SQEX f**ked that up by making Abyssea... :*(

Maphreal
Oct 28, 2014, 09:00 PM
For my 2 cents of the PSO2/Vindictus comparison - I'd say that Vindictus does take more skill than PSO2, however the pay-to-win element is too strong in that game. I've been pleasantly surprised with how little of that is in PSO2.

Overall I like PSO2 better, though I did have fun with my time in Vindictus. The game just felt like it was in a permanent beta trying to squeeze the last bit of change from the wallets of a dying playerbase.

Flaoc
Oct 28, 2014, 09:10 PM
it aint bayonetta devil may cry or ninja gaiden but for what it is the gameplay is good