PDA

View Full Version : Voice files and Sound effects

TheJensons
Oct 24, 2014, 03:50 PM
I was wondering if PSO2 or any individual would know where to find the sound effects and voice files or if they even exist in the PSO2 folders.

arnd
Oct 24, 2014, 04:03 PM
I was wondering if PSO2 or any individual would know where to find the sound effects and voice files or if they even exist in the PSO2 folders.

They are packed into ICE files. One needs to dearchive them before they're usable.

TheJensons
Oct 24, 2014, 04:06 PM
They are packed into ICE files. One needs to dearchive them before they're usable.

I am guessing asking for something that can do such things would count as a client modification?

wefwq
Oct 24, 2014, 11:22 PM
I am guessing asking for something that can do such things would count as a client modification?
Eh, it's not a modification as long as you didn't replace the sound files with something else.

TheJensons
Oct 31, 2014, 06:20 PM
Eh, it's not a modification as long as you didn't replace the sound files with something else.

Gotcha, though I don't think anyone has made a tool to extract sound effects from PSO2.

Ordy
Nov 1, 2014, 01:11 PM
1. Find the cpk containers
2. Extract the HCA audio segments
3. Convert them to WAV files
4. Have fun reconstructing the music because ADX using multilayered tracks

Read this for more info, no need to explain it twice:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214529

Side note: don't think you need to decrypt ICE for music files, if you do just google for the PSO2 deICER

TheJensons
Nov 2, 2014, 03:33 AM
1. Find the cpk containers
2. Extract the HCA audio segments
3. Convert them to WAV files
4. Have fun reconstructing the music because ADX using multilayered tracks

Read this for more info, no need to explain it twice:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214529

Side note: don't think you need to decrypt ICE for music files, if you do just google for the PSO2 deICER

Yes this does get the music files but what I am trying to do is get the sounds such as FX and Voice.

Shinamori
Nov 2, 2014, 06:37 AM
I found a way to do it, just need a method to extract the acb files...

TheJensons
Nov 2, 2014, 10:35 AM
I found a way to do it, just need a method to extract the acb files...

Hm, I have looked up .acb it seems there are a handful of games that have it such as a star wars game. But I cannot find a extractor for it, though there is a converter but it is for SW:TOR.

TehCubey
Nov 2, 2014, 11:00 AM
I really wish there was an easy way to manipulate the sound files.

I'd mute Melitta and Karin while leaving the rest untouched.

TheJensons
Nov 4, 2014, 03:42 PM
Well I now know the sound effects are in .acb files now just need unpacker.

Vetur
Nov 5, 2014, 02:02 AM
I really wish there was an easy way to manipulate the sound files.

I'd mute Melitta and Karin while leaving the rest untouched.

This ought to be a checkbox option on the tweaker, like how there's options to remove the intro/censor... I'd also want to mute the Excube/photon shop NPCs, AC shop NPC, and Matoi. Actually, I'd rather mute those NPCs instead of Melitta.

Also, I'd love if you can share how to get the SFX/VFX from the game, once you figure it out.

TheJensons
Nov 5, 2014, 03:58 AM
This ought to be a checkbox option on the tweaker, like how there's options to remove the intro/censor... I'd also want to mute the Excube/photon shop NPCs, AC shop NPC, and Matoi. Actually, I'd rather mute those NPCs instead of Melitta.

Also, I'd love if you can share how to get the SFX/VFX from the game, once you figure it out.

Actually I have come across a break through I am able to extract a good portion of the voices. The bad news is that I need all of the updated voice files in order to expand on the sounds that I have currently. If someone can get me all of the voice files which have these headers.

11_sound_voice_man
11_sound_voice_cman
11_sound_voice_woman

Then I can give the old voice fx's along with the new and updated ones.