PDA

View Full Version : help on deciding which phantasy star version to play...

LucidSoul
Oct 25, 2014, 01:02 AM
I was just wondering which version of pso2 should I make a account for and play. I was kind of leaning toward the play park version since it already in English and I don't have to apply any patches. It seems that most players on this forum play on the Japanese version of pso2 and I really just want to go with the one with the largest amount of English players.

Sizustar
Oct 25, 2014, 01:07 AM
The Sea version requires the use of a VPN or proxy unless you live in the Sea region.
It is also very behind, and doesn't have an Android/google way of purchasing Ark Cash.

Japanese version depends on ISP, if your isp can access pso2.jp, then you don't need a VPN/Proxy, if you cant, there are multiple mothod.

Also the majority of English community(This forum, reddit, and 4chan) plays on the Japanese version, which has the latest update and way more content.

Rien
Oct 25, 2014, 01:20 AM
SEA is basically Asiasoft's shit AND Sega's shit piled together

JP is just Sega's shit

wefwq
Oct 25, 2014, 01:30 AM
SEA is basically Asiasoft's shit AND Sega's shit piled together

JP is just Sega's shit
Except in JP version some of SEGA's shit already flushed down.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 25, 2014, 03:58 AM
JP version since the tweaker can patch the game in english for you and the SEA version is fucking garbage

Digital Pain
Oct 25, 2014, 05:48 AM
Play the JP version it's ahead on content, it's not run by shitty Asiasoft and with Aida's Tweaker you get the English/Item patch and your sorted.

mysticalre
Oct 25, 2014, 05:52 AM
Knowing what they did with RO2, I would avoid playing with Asiasoft. They made the game way more p2w than the original version, pretty much to the point of 'allowing' RMT. They screwed the game up completely from a management POV. There's no happy ending either, the economy became uncontrollably inflated, most of their players quit, and they eventually dropped hosting the game.

It's worth the trouble setting up proxies and stuff to play PSO2 JP. The game is well known in Japan and I think this server is the least likely to die over time.

LucidSoul
Oct 25, 2014, 04:48 PM
Looks like I'm going with the jp version. Thanks everyone for your help. :D

oratank
Oct 25, 2014, 08:15 PM
play jp and do this http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222445

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 25, 2014, 08:27 PM
I was just wondering which version of pso2 should I make a account for and play. I was kind of leaning toward the play park version since it already in English and I don't have to apply any patches. It seems that most players on this forum play on the Japanese version of pso2 and I really just want to go with the one with the largest amount of English players.

PLEASE OH PLEASE
DON'T EVEN CONSIDER PLAYING ON THE PLAYPARK SOUTH EAST ASIA VERSION
i'm begging you right now. ITS SHIT. do your reserach if you want to find out why, the list is endless