PDA

View Full Version : How would you explain the process to getting a bio weapon ??

Ninjq
Oct 27, 2014, 06:33 PM
I would like to finally have a bio weapon but i don't really understand the process for acquiring one. Could you please explain the simplest of most effective way to get one ?

The Walrus
Oct 27, 2014, 06:45 PM
Run XQ's from beginning to end until you have enough spellstones

NoiseHERO
Oct 27, 2014, 06:47 PM
I think I played the game normally for a year, then randomly saw that I had enough stuff for a bio weapon.

Wish I waited to get the jetboot one tho.

in a year tho? there will be something 3x "cooler" than bio weapons, and XQ weapons period might be outdated unless it goes up to floor 100 or sum shit.

Xaelouse
Oct 27, 2014, 06:56 PM
It will get lvl80 mobs eventually, and there were datamined recolors of the bio weapons awhile back.
So even though they're releasing Ultimate Quest, that doesn't mean the death of AQs and XQs. They will tempt players to play them in some way.

Shinamori
Oct 27, 2014, 07:07 PM
I'm thinking the max will be 100 stages.

NoiseHERO
Oct 27, 2014, 07:08 PM
ehn, then like the other scenario I already assumed.

tbh I hate XQs tho, please make more gameplay modes.

Side note: not to be that guy but reskinned bio weapons? lazy as fuuuuuuck

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 27, 2014, 07:09 PM
I think I played the game normally for a year, then randomly saw that I had enough stuff for a bio weapon.

Wish I waited to get the jetboot one tho.

in a year tho? there will be something 3x "cooler" than bio weapons, and XQ weapons period might be outdated unless it goes up to floor 100 or sum shit.

I'd say it's heavily implied they're going to be outdated shortly with extra hard and ultimate naberius on the horizon (<one month away). Just hold on to your stones and fodder at this point.

The Walrus
Oct 27, 2014, 07:13 PM
Side note: not to be that guy but reskinned bio weapons? lazy as fuuuuuuck

Being lazy is like the one thing PSO2 team excels at

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 27, 2014, 07:21 PM
@Ninjq:

Here's what you do:

Step 0: Ask yourself do you have enough Extreme Passes? 14 Passes for 1 full XQ run, provided that you don't die at any point. If you don't have enough Extreme Passes you might be able to find someone that'll sell you an XQ run.

Step 1: Ask yourself do you really like the Class that you now main (or possibly as a Sub-class) because once you get the pertinent Bio Weapon, you will be unable to sell it nor trade it.

Step 2: Once you have decided on which Bio Weapon you want, run the relevant XQ over and over again until you have 6 "Large Stones". You can trade 90 small stones for 1 medium stone... and you can trade 30 medium stones for 1 large stone. You can also, however, trade for a Large stone that you want by trading in a large stone of a different type along with the releveant type of catalyst (that you get by completing an XQ: all 70 stages) that you need: For example: I can trade for 1 Heart Key Large Stone by using 1 Large Bloody Moon Stone and 1 "Heart Key Catalyst".

Bio Weapons are pretty good weapons, and I recommend that you get them if you can. It's one of the few things in this game that reward you for hard-work as opposed to simply being at the mercy of RNG.

Edit:

Each time you use an Extreme Pass, you will be given the opportunity to complete a set of 5 stages at a time. Once you complete a set of 5 stages, the next set of 5 will be available to run. Solo-ing XQ is entirely possible (especially if your a Braver thanks to Combat Escape, I don't know too much about soloing with the other classes), but I would suggest you have decent gear and be higher leveled unless you have a group of people to help you out. At any time during the XQ, if you fail a stage by failing to meet certain conditions (e.g. not hitting enemies from the back, not going without healing for whatever seconds, etc.), you will get penalized for it, and enemies will become resistant to certain weapons or technics in the next stage. Vice versa, if you satisfy the stipulated conditions, then the enemies will be weak to certain weapons and technics in the next stage.

Edit 2:

Check the Title Counter (By the Class Change Counter), the attendant may hand you some large stones if you qualify and thus save you a couple of tedious full-runs.

LordKaiser
Oct 28, 2014, 12:53 AM
I think that each weapon of those requires 16200 regular stone fragments that you need to synthesize twice till you're left with 180 ores that you refine into 6 fully refined stones. If I did the math right.

Terrence
Oct 28, 2014, 04:28 AM
Well... 6 Stones are needed to make a Bio Weapon. 30 Ores are needed to make 1 Stone. And 90 Fragments are needed to make 1 Ore. That's all ! =)

You get Fragments and a few Ores if you're lucky during the 70 XQ Stages. One full XQ run gives 15/25 Ores and 1 Catalyst when you clear Stage 70.

Each XQ Quest has its own Fragments/Ores/Stones type. Catalysts are used to "convert" the type of a Stone. I don't think it's that hard to understand.

Now, I don't think Bio Weapons will be outdated with the new UQ since they are MultiClass AND have a really good Potential (6%/7%/8% JA Bonus). :|

Achelousaurus
Oct 28, 2014, 04:37 AM
First of all, Sugar Daddy
Klotho has now 3 weekly cos for xqs. This won't be near enough stones but getting 800k and 3 xq passes back per week can't hurt.

Step 1: Ask yourself do you really like the Class that you now main (or possibly as a Sub-class) because once you get the pertinent Bio Weapon, you will be unable to sell it nor trade it.
Yeah, what does that have to do with anything?
Bio are all class weapons.
And it's not like you have to run XQs with the class you want to get a weapon for.
Rather, check for which class you want a strong weapon and for which Bio is a good choice.
For example I would have gotten Bio tmgs cause they are the strongest tmgs. I only don't cause with all these upcoming changes to equipment it's pointless to commit to anything atm.

Also, titles give you a ton of Large stones.

NoiseHERO
Oct 28, 2014, 06:37 AM
Being lazy is like the one thing PSO2 team excels at

trudat

Maenara
Oct 28, 2014, 07:19 AM
XQs are definitely getting more floors. There's a datamined audio file for "All stages complete!" which isn't yet used. As of stage 70, it still says "To be continued" at the end.

Natsu Nem
Oct 28, 2014, 07:24 AM
There's also the titles that reward high tier XQ stones. The remaining stones required is obtained during your full XQ runs for the catalysts to convert the title stones.

Maenara
Oct 28, 2014, 07:29 AM
Speaking of those titles - There's more than enough titles to get 5+ XQ weapons without ever having to run XQs.

gigawuts
Oct 28, 2014, 07:49 AM
Fun! I like doing XQs, and you might have to do a lot of them depending on your titles.

Start at floor 1 and go directly to the top floor. Don't repeat anything (unless you DC mid-mission, but then it doesn't count since you don't actually clear that mission). Repeat until you have enough stones.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 28, 2014, 08:24 AM
First of all, Sugar Daddy
Klotho has now 3 weekly cos for xqs. This won't be near enough stones but getting 800k and 3 xq passes back per week can't hurt.

And it's not like you have to run XQs with the class you want to get a weapon for.
Rather, check for which class you want a strong weapon and for which Bio is a good choice.
For example I would have gotten Bio tmgs cause they are the strongest tmgs. I only don't cause with all these upcoming changes to equipment it's pointless to commit to anything atm.

Dude, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Yes, Bio Weapons are All-Class, duh... But if you don't really like the class that you play why the hell would you waste your time and get it in the first place? You can't even sell the thing on the player's market...

I don't post a lot, but I'm constantly reading other people's posts on PSOW, and I must say that a lot of your posts are.... misguided to say the least.

Pugas87
Oct 28, 2014, 08:59 AM

Dude, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Yes, Bio Weapons are All-Class, duh... But if you don't really like the class that you play why the hell would you waste your time and get it in the first place? You can't even sell the thing on the player's market...

I don't post a lot, but I'm constantly reading other people's posts on PSOW, and I must say that a lot of your posts are.... misguided to say the least.

Sounds like Megidolaon doesn't care about using PAs. That's why your class (or subclass) has to do with everything.

Achelousaurus
Oct 28, 2014, 09:04 AM

Cause you made it sound like you need to play the class you are getting the bio weapon for.
Very awkward post by you.

Ninjq
Oct 28, 2014, 12:28 PM
What's are you guys referring to when you say "titles" ??

Pugas87
Oct 28, 2014, 12:35 PM
What's are you guys referring to when you say "titles" ??

To the left of the Class Counter NPC there is a Title Counter NPC. Talk to the NPC for Title rewards. You get stuff just for doing certain things listed there. Enjoy your free stuff.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 28, 2014, 01:02 PM
Cause you made it sound like you need to play the class you are getting the bio weapon for.
Very awkward post by you.

If you don't play the class (as a main or as a sub), you can't use it, making getting the Bio weapon pointless.

Duh.

LordKaiser
Oct 28, 2014, 02:46 PM
Oh BTW I forgot to tell the opening to check the title counter because I think some title gives spell stones. Regardless you'll need 16200 fragments. Good Luck!

30*90 = 2700 for 1 stone.

(The title counter is at the left of the class counter.)

Shady3011
Oct 28, 2014, 03:46 PM
You'd have to be out of your mind to rely on just fragments to get ore. Do full runs (floors 1-70) to get 25 ore and a catalyst. Titles and fragments should help get you there sooner.

mysticalre
Oct 28, 2014, 05:36 PM
Some facts that might help you:

Materials
- There are 3 'Prefixes' : Bloody Moon, Phantom Night, Heart Key
- There are 3 'Suffixes' : Fragment, Ore, Spellstone

Combination examples:
- Blood Moon Fragment, Bloody Moon Ore, Bloody Moon Spelltone
- Phantom Night Fragment, Phantom Night Ore, Phantom Night Spelltone
- Heart Key Fragment, Heart Key Ore, Heart Key Spelltone

Your goal:
- Talk to the Rare Stone shop NPC
- Find out what Spellstone type you need for the weapon you want
- Obtain 6 of the Spellstones type you need (e.g. 6 Bloody Moon Spellstone = Bio Talis)

Forest XQs
- Forest levels drop Bloody Moon Fragments (common) and Ores (rare)
- Completing the entire 70 level Forest XQ = +25 Ores
- Completing the entire 70 level Forest XQ = +1 Bloody Moon Catalyst

Tundra XQ
- Same as Forest, except for Phantom Night

Ruins xQ
- Same as Forest, except for Heart Key

Catalysts:
- Catalysts are used for exchanging between stone types
- Example: Bloody Moon Spellstone + Phantom Night Catalyst = Phantom Night Spellstone
- If you already have some Spellstones of another type, you can convert them into the type you need

Converstions:
- 90 Fragment = 1 Ore
- 30 Ore = 1 Spellstone

sol_trigger
Oct 28, 2014, 10:09 PM
guys, i ran 1-70 floors continously but in the end it didnt give me 25 ores in the virtual items machine like someone said, am i fucked or the game is bugged ?

http://s3.postimg.org/xop7oi2nz/catalys.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/xop7oi2nz/)

Flaoc
Oct 28, 2014, 10:14 PM
guys, i ran 1-70 floors continously but in the end it didnt give me 25 ores in the virtual items machine like someone said, am i fucked or the game is bugged ?

http://s3.postimg.org/xop7oi2nz/catalys.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/xop7oi2nz/)

its not in the virtual rewards... it goes to your inventory along with the catalyst

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 28, 2014, 10:14 PM
^The 25 Ores and catalyst are handed to you directly into your inventory once you complete all 70 floors. You will not find them in the "Virtual Item Machine".

Edit:

Ninja'd

Shady3011
Oct 28, 2014, 10:16 PM
They automatically go to your inventory when you complete a lap. If they aren't there, the only two possible explanations are they were moved to storage because your inventory was full or you went out of order and didn't complete a full lap. You know you did it properly if Karin makes two pop-ups show up at the end of floor 70.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 28, 2014, 11:18 PM
Tundra XQ
- Same as Forest, except for Phantom Night

Ruins xQ
- Same as Forest, except for Heart Key

Got them flipped.

Tundra = Heart Key

Ruins = Phantom Night