PDA

View Full Version : Havent played since october last year, what has changed?

Xanlarel
Oct 28, 2014, 11:15 AM
^ Title.

And i heard gunners were nerfed hard? and that techers are good now???????????????

Halp

Achelousaurus
Oct 28, 2014, 11:38 AM
Ep 3 came with a fury stance nerf. And a 40% Sroll JA boost nerf.
Gunner was already severely weakened when Ep 3 came around but recently Sroll JA boost got nerfed to 10% max.
In turn PAs got buffed but by only 30% and not all PAs either.
GuHu is pretty much dead now.

Techers got Shifta Strike (up to +10% dmg) and Deband Toughness (up to +25% HP) for main class only.
Territory Burst is a passive for 1 skill point now. Overall the whole tree got reworked and you can get a good full support build now and even have points left.

In fact Ep 3 changed the trees for every class, you better check out the new trees in the build thread.
The Skill simulator also uses the new trees already.

And of course, Bouncer.
Also Hunter is good now and better than fighter with their roles reversed. Fury Stance is still bigass unconditional dmg boost but fighter is now the class you rather use as sub instead of main.
or rather, main but don't use fighter weapons.
Fighter got Limit Break for main only, capping HP at 25% and giving a 20% striking dmg boost while activating all HP slayer and crazy skills.

WB got a small nerf but is still as op and gamebreaking as ever.
Ilmegid is no longer the tech to end all techs and I almost never see it now. It's not actually bad apparently but it's better to care about weaknesses now with fire / ice apparently the best way to go atm but I'm not very big on casting.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 28, 2014, 12:18 PM
^ Title.

And i heard gunners were nerfed hard? and that techers are good now???????????????

Halp

Gunners are fine right now, they got buffed very recently. Focusing on Techer since its explanation was shallow and actual Gunner players can cover Gunner better.

-Wand Lovers became an off/on skill instead of being a timer. Wand strike and WG damage was buffed further from 35% to 40%. If you didn't hear about it before, Wand Lovers no longer had a penalty and changed the dodge action to Step (with a free Step Attack included, even if your subclass lacks Step Attack) quite a while before EP3.

-Wand damage was buffed, and its animation speeds were sped up.

-Territory Burst became a passive skill that requires 1 SP. It is always active now.

-Extend Assist became a passive skill that you get just for maining/subclassing Techer. 3 minute max duration for Shifta/Deband.

-New Techer main-class only skills, Shifta Strike and Deband Toughness. Shifta Strike adds a 10% damage increase to players affected by the Techer player's Shifta. Deband Toughness adds 25% max HP to players affected by the Techer player's Deband. Both are 5 SP skills.

-Skill tree redesign ensures that points in SP spent on unnecessary skills like T-DEF Up 1 are no longer an issue. This gives more SP to work with and ensures that all useful skills can be taken and no longer require a compromise due to bad skill tree design.

Wand Lovers and Territory Burst changes were the biggest. They basically make Techer playable now. No more relying on active skills, you always have that damage boost, Step, and doubled range on support techs. It's not uncommon to hit for 20K+ on weak points with just wand swings, so it can't be said the damage is bad either. Techer remains a heavily equipment-centric class, but it's actually very good now. It does appear to remain unpopular, I've been seeing more Techer players than before, but the other classes seem to outnumber it still, so Techer seems to be going under the radar still.

Xanlarel
Oct 28, 2014, 12:22 PM
Amazing on the techer changes. Thanks for all that info.

@Megiodalon: Damn that was hard, im seeing people are now going more for Chain builds than before, this makes me wonder hows Gu\Hu mobbing right now.

Achelousaurus
Oct 29, 2014, 04:17 AM
Lol, GuHu mobbing? I know no such thing. It's dead. Well at least until Sega realizes how bad GuHu is atm.

Chain can still deal some neat dmg but recently I got a 22k ER off a 70ish chain. That's it. And after that it's back to 2500 ER and 5-8k SA.
Dead Approach got buffed btw, 6k is common now and it sadly doesn't shunt enemies around anymore but instead stuns them.

Apparently it's possible to do some absurd dmg like 80k ER or 300k Dead Approach or Master Shot Chain Finish for 999999 on GuBr but they all require specific builds and play style, nothing generally good like GuHu is feasible anymore.

Taurus83
Oct 29, 2014, 04:32 AM
Guld Milla is useless toy

TaigaUC
Oct 29, 2014, 04:43 AM
Elysion + Na Barta hits like a truck now.
It hit like [insert more impressively damaging vehicle here] for a short while, but they fixed that.

wefwq
Oct 29, 2014, 04:56 AM
Well you missing lot of stuffs, then OP.
- New class with new weapon types, and PAs too
- New face type (esthe stuff)
- New map, enemies and bosses
- New EQ
- Revamped all class skill tree so they're not that shit anymore
- Changed some skills for all classes (nerf and buffs)
- Various nerf and buffs to some PA and techs
- Changed reward for MB so they're not that shit anymore (later board give *10 stuff)
- New MB and story quest
- Revamp lobby and add map to lobby
- Limited-time ability crafting for unit
etc

Laxedrane
Oct 29, 2014, 05:03 AM
Hunter wasn't really nerfed to useless. They just didn't go much of anywhere.(aka it isn't worse than before but isn't all that much better) Most are just sturdier now that they can put points into defensive skill instead of FURY STANCE ONRY. Partisan got a huge boost and wrecks a lot.

Sanguine2009
Oct 29, 2014, 07:01 AM
Hunter wasn't really nerfed to useless. They just didn't go much of anywhere.(aka it isn't worse than before but isn't all that much better) Most are just sturdier now that they can put points into defensive skill instead of FURY STANCE ONRY. Partisan got a huge boost and wrecks a lot.

honestly i would say overall hunter got buffed. their tree might offer less %s but their attacks are faster, better ranged, and have better base power now to compensate.

Kondibon
Oct 29, 2014, 08:03 AM
Who said hunter got nerfed. Pretty sure they're talking about Gu/Hu specifically. Because Gunner is borked.

Sanguine2009
Oct 29, 2014, 08:49 AM
ah, no argument there then. gu needs some love badly.

Xanlarel
Oct 29, 2014, 12:50 PM
Damn, i booted up the game last night and i didnt even go out of the lobby, so much stuff that i had to pick up from titles\rewards\new quests\crafting

Tested out Gu\Hu this morning. What have they done to my baby!

Tankotron
Oct 29, 2014, 09:38 PM
If you haven't played since October of last year then you're missing more than just the class stuff everyone has mentioned. Super Hard Advance Quests where the highest end gear is currently. A few new big EQs rolled around in the last year including

- Boss battle against a new Dark Falz
- 3 EQs that take place in a large desert field where you must defend towers from waves of Darkers. One even lets you ride around in a giant mech.

Fusionxglave
Oct 29, 2014, 09:50 PM
yep the reign of gunners have started to die slowly and Force are pretty powerful.

Since last October there were alot of really good fashion items till September hit.

There are a lot of changes.

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 29, 2014, 10:14 PM
Why aren't we talking about bouncers here... That's the biggest change to the game

Xaelouse
Oct 29, 2014, 11:45 PM
Bouncer is cool but it brings very little to the table and to other classes. I really hope that changes soon though.

LordKaiser
Oct 30, 2014, 12:19 AM
You missed a few limited quests including one on a ship where the huge vulture like darkers where introduced. Also when dark Falz Luther was introduced no one knew how to kill it so it creamed many players but once people discovered it weakness... It was no that hard but it's still the best boss battle so far.

Of the 3 Tower Defence quest the 1rst one gave too much 11* weapons so SEGA fixed it.

The reason why you're not missing more is because we got hit by a DDoS attack and that stalled the game a bit.

Achelousaurus
Oct 30, 2014, 04:37 AM
Guld Milla is useless toy
A friend of mine told me she just got a GM just before the nerf and I told her it's pointless now and she should definitely wait till after the update.

She didn't and ended up wasting 17 million on it and right after the update came crying =/

LonelyGaruga
Oct 30, 2014, 11:18 AM
Of the 3 Tower Defence quest the 1rst one gave too much 11* weapons so SEGA fixed it.

No they didn't. The huge number of drops were too much for the server so they reduced the number of worthless drops and condensed meseta drops. They never touched 11* drop rates.