PDA

View Full Version : PSOW chat monitors rant

Elvendar
Apr 18, 2003, 05:30 PM
You know, this is the most non-rantish thing i've ever ranted about. Plus the fact that #PSOW on EFnet is one of the best places i've 'regulared' in. And for the record, the so called 'monitors' are called Operators (OPS)

Seeing people post things on how #PSOW's WarChild and Umipixie are corrupt government leaders is totally the opposite. I'm generally ticked off at how good they are at their job.

I mean, they keep trash out of the channel, not 24/7 mind you, but as much as they can. They either verbally warn or warn using a kick, and almost never Bankick someone on the first offense, unless especially bad. Both Umipixie and Warchild, Godai, Cienna, and all the other operators of the channel know what they're doing and they do it well.

My point: Dammit stop being so good at your job XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elvendar on 2003-04-18 15:39 ]</font>

Zack_Morris
Apr 18, 2003, 07:31 PM
I can't believe you even posted such a post. Today I went back into the chat as you well know. I didn't start talking about what had happened prior, i just wanted to chat about pso. Then people start saying they're going to lynch me. So of course i'm going to start defending myself, but i did it in a very civil way. I didn't swear or start calling people "stupid", i just argued my point. Which is a valid one. In the middle of the discussion I get kicked just because an admin or "op" decides to act like a child. I thought i did a very good job of keeping my composure during the discussion even though everyone else resorted to immature insults. Upon being kicked I did NOT reenter the room. As much as I wanted to I didn't because I knew the people and ops in the room could not have a discussion without resorting to child-like behavior.

ABDUR101
Apr 18, 2003, 07:42 PM
So just don't go there, aye. If they act like children why would you want to go there?

KingCanin
Apr 18, 2003, 07:43 PM
A ban, is a ban, is a ban. You were permanently banned before, you're still permanently banned now. Deal with it. That should teach you not to be a fucktard in public anymore.

Zack_Morris
Apr 18, 2003, 07:46 PM
But the thing is i wasn't being a "fucktard". If i was being a dick I would understand why i was banned. Don't you get it??

I want to go on the chat because it's an awesome way to meet up with people and chat all things pso. I'm obsessed with the game and the chat is so easy. That's why i'd like to stay there. But i don't think i'll be able to now.

Madzozs
Apr 18, 2003, 07:59 PM
So what exactly makes a thread that can spark up a possibly educated discussion go sour? My guess is the mental midget that has to jump in and call people names. There really should be an IQ requirement to use the internet. Especially when it comes to gaming discussion. I'm just surprised nobody is using the ever so lovely n00b insult.

/me pauses for someone to call him a n00b.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Apr 18, 2003, 11:16 PM
I hope like hell you weren't talking about KingCanin. He is one of THE MOST intelligent people I have ever known.

It was Zack_Morr over there that started "calling names" with his repeated reference to the chops acting like children.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Madzozs
Apr 18, 2003, 11:35 PM
Saying someone acts like a child, and calling someone a child are different things. Now had Canin said he was acting like a fucktard, it'd be a different story. but he just went for the name calling, and said he was a fucktard.

Zack_Morris
Apr 18, 2003, 11:48 PM
I hope you're kidding canary...I really do.

Today when I went into the chat I did NOT bring up what happened the other day. I just came in to talk pso and possible get some people to play. Then i'm greeted with "hey! that's that guy who posted that post!" followed by "lets lynch him". Lynch me???? did i start anything when I entered, no! Then I continue to defend myself with great maturity and am kicked anyways. Like I said a million times before; If I was kicked for saying something wrong I would understand and I would've never posted anything. But this was wrong, I did nothing. It's funny cause a minute before I was kicked I was trying to convince "xeno"something to get rid of his dupes because they ruin the game. He's sitting there going on and on about how his friend dupes and how he thinks they make the game fun. Legits the only way to be so I tried to change his mind on the matter. Only to be interupted by someone who misunderstood what I was suggesting and continuted to believe I was out to cheat when someone a second earlier was admitting he was a dupe user/friends with a duper and liked it!!!. Sad....very sad.

Elvendar
Apr 18, 2003, 11:57 PM
Well, did it ever occur to you that people might not have said anything about you if you didn't decide to post a thread which discredited the channel on this board?

If you didn't realize it, people from the PSOW boards frequent in the PSOW channel. They are related, you know.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Apr 19, 2003, 09:07 AM
I'm not kidding. You are acting like a fucktard.

Ness
Apr 19, 2003, 09:37 AM
On 2003-04-18 21:48, Zack_Morris wrote:
I hope you're kidding canary...I really do.

Today when I went into the chat I did NOT bring up what happened the other day. I just came in to talk pso and possible get some people to play. Then i'm greeted with "hey! that's that guy who posted that post!" followed by "lets lynch him". Lynch me???? did i start anything when I entered, no! Then I continue to defend myself with great maturity and am kicked anyways. Like I said a million times before; If I was kicked for saying something wrong I would understand and I would've never posted anything. But this was wrong, I did nothing. It's funny cause a minute before I was kicked I was trying to convince "xeno"something to get rid of his dupes because they ruin the game. He's sitting there going on and on about how his friend dupes and how he thinks they make the game fun. Legits the only way to be so I tried to change his mind on the matter. Only to be interupted by someone who misunderstood what I was suggesting and continuted to believe I was out to cheat when someone a second earlier was admitting he was a dupe user/friends with a duper and liked it!!!. Sad....very sad.

Every once in awhile I agree with Black Canary and this is one of those times. I really didn't see what you said to them, but didn't you think for one second that they were joking? Several things have been said about me and I just ignore or go along with them. You don't have to "defend yourself" because that just adds fuel to the fire. If they know it enrages you they will keep doing it.

Also if you hate the operators so much then leave.

ABDUR101
Apr 19, 2003, 11:05 AM
Stepping in the say no flaming/name calling.

Ness
Apr 19, 2003, 11:12 AM
On 2003-04-19 09:05, ABDUR101 wrote:

I didn't falme did I? Because if I did it was unintended.

ABDUR101
Apr 19, 2003, 11:31 AM
On 2003-04-19 09:12, Ness wrote:

I'm talking to everyone. Otherwise I'd of been specific.

Guile
Apr 19, 2003, 02:38 PM
On 2003-04-19 09:12, Ness wrote:

On 2003-04-19 09:05, ABDUR101 wrote:

I believe it was BlackCanaryOfDeath who was flaming, anyhow!
Zack seems to now be hated at the chatroom for something he posted here..and that is just stupid! "Lynch him"?!..w..t..f
Should Zack keep going back to the chatroom? I think he has a damn right too!

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Apr 19, 2003, 03:40 PM
I don't understand why I can't hate someone for saying something here in a channel. Can you explain this a little bit further?

He does "have the right" to come in to #psow, but if he doesn't like being around "childish" people, then don't enter.

...he could join the new radical channel that is splitting from #psow: #psow2 !!!

ABDUR101
Apr 19, 2003, 05:14 PM
Seriously, stop the Hitler remarks. Someone kicked and banned you from an online chat and you're comparing them to someone who commited mass genocide.

And don't try and be smart and make another "witty" comparison.

Seriously, if the people in the chat are so one-sided and take up for each other, don't go there. Why would you even want to be in a chat which is supposedly maintained by "Hitler"?

And making constant bashing remarks back and forth doesn't help anyone's case. To be honest, the two threads on this subject haven't gotten anywhere since post one.

And I'm locking this thread, mostly because it has ebbed way off topic. >=

*lock*