PDA

View Full Version : How is Gunner life in nowadays?

polymoon
Oct 29, 2014, 12:02 PM
Are you guys still playing it or planing to play others classes?:-x:-x:-x

final_attack
Oct 29, 2014, 12:21 PM
Still using Gu as Main class here ......... Thinking how to get PP back as much as possible, since it's become very PP hungry for keeping up the dps.

GrimmjowDC
Oct 29, 2014, 12:59 PM
I still love it. I can still solo bosses so I'm not complaining.

Xaelouse
Oct 29, 2014, 01:16 PM
They can kill a boss extremely fast but their mob-clearing is a bit slower than non-FI melee. Their flaws are apparent but not debilitating. They seem balanced.

jooozek
Oct 29, 2014, 01:18 PM
they destroyed infinite fire:argh:

DrCatco
Oct 29, 2014, 05:25 PM
They seem balanced.

WAT? Balance in my PSO2? Blasphemy!

Joking aside, they seems pretty good, you should just find a way to attract monsters efficiently. I think this is a good option. (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08eIbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk fda0dodBIbl2ikINGAjJksNI2000000doIn0000008doib0000 006doIbid2OgXqFGAJk00009o00000007oIn0000000lbIo000 000fdoIb000000f)

Rakurai
Oct 29, 2014, 05:49 PM
I like being able Reverse Tap to Shift Period without crippling my damage.

Makes dealing with mobs of enemies easier.

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 29, 2014, 06:05 PM
fun as hell

LotusFX
Oct 29, 2014, 06:08 PM
Satellite Aim is love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoWa5TNgcnc

Natsu Nem
Oct 29, 2014, 06:42 PM
I've been playing it like an Ep1 GU. With the PK change, I don't have to make infected mobs kill on sight anymore.

Great Pan
Oct 29, 2014, 07:28 PM
I quit being GU. I want my easy mode 200% SRJA back!

polymoon
Oct 29, 2014, 08:24 PM
I quit being GU. I want my easy mode 200% SRJA back!

bye :-(:-(:-(

Fusionxglave
Oct 29, 2014, 09:19 PM
I have not seen a gunner in the EQ for quite a while maybe one or two gunners but then again I think they were rangers with Machine gunners.

Really sad, Back in the past of the 200% days there were at least 3 to almost 6 gunners. in a 12 people EQ. Not only that but they wipe out mobs like crazy even when I was a skill ranger my EQ scores would be 10 points or 40 points because of the gunners' mobbing capabilities. Now I usually get second or third place which is becoming much easier and fun but I still missed the gunners; they felt like a unstoppable army, torn down to piece.

Schrodinger
Oct 30, 2014, 02:08 AM
Terrible. I got GU to 70 during the exp boost week and switched to other classes. I don't plan on using GU seriously until Sega fixes it. As it stands right now, GU is one of, if not the worst class in the game. It was already the least played class, and things just got worse from there. It's been days since I've seen a gunner in an EQ.

Hobu
Oct 30, 2014, 02:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoWa5TNgcnc

Zellith
Oct 30, 2014, 02:26 AM
MY Gu is still on storage until Level cap increases :3
but yeah haven't played Gunner since they nerfed S-Roll
but I'm having a blast trying out several other classes.

Hrith
Oct 30, 2014, 04:26 AM
I'm playing gunner again at last. It's finally a fun class to play.

oratank
Oct 30, 2014, 05:03 AM
How is Gunner life in nowadays?
"perfect"

Searaphim
Oct 30, 2014, 05:57 AM
Also stopped gunning, the nerf was too big to handle, I really like how infinite fire has been nerfed but I HATE how much they nerfed JA S-Rolls!!!!!! From 200% to 110%??!?! THATS NOT A NERF THATS RENDERING IT ALMOST USELESS (#@%)(@#%. Anyways since I really liked to S-Roll cuz it was fancy and stuff I just quit gunner and now Im ranger with gunner as a sub.

Sayara
Oct 30, 2014, 05:59 AM
I actually just began to use gunner again after so long, It amuses me at the least.

Searaphim
Oct 30, 2014, 06:02 AM
I actually just began to use gunner again after so long, It amuses me at the least.

Yeah it's a fun class to play at the very least but efficient? nah.

Sayara
Oct 30, 2014, 06:08 AM
As long as it isn't taking me longer than 20 minutes to eat a boss then im alright with it :wacko:
gone are those days of mediocre t-atk damage! (was the worst FO)

Hobu
Oct 30, 2014, 08:58 AM
Also stopped gunning, the nerf was too big to handle, I really like how infinite fire has been nerfed but I HATE how much they nerfed JA S-Rolls!!!!!! From 200% to 110%??!?! THATS NOT A NERF THATS RENDERING IT ALMOST USELESS (#@%)(@#%. Anyways since I really liked to S-Roll cuz it was fancy and stuff I just quit gunner and now Im ranger with gunner as a sub.

Not sure if serious or troll.

Magicks
Oct 30, 2014, 09:53 AM

At the very least, I no longer have to SRJA to get full access to my power. That means I can chain my PAs together and not have to worry about not missing out on 100% damage boost because I didn't SRJA. (Or maybe I just like the look of Dead Approach->Reversal Tap->Shift Period.)

Lego
Oct 30, 2014, 10:32 AM
Try FiGU critical, lot of fun, only if I had enough money for brauvint :/ I do it with crafted 9000m. Now gunner have to get close to get max damage so unless you're at dodging you'll die.

Achelousaurus
Oct 30, 2014, 11:20 AM
Yeah but don't forget the time it takes.
Gunner has the big problem that you need to be as close as melee but you can neither dodge nor attacks as fast as melee. I suppose that's the reason why almost all (or indeed all?) tmg PAs have super armor, cause if you realyl dodge every attack at this range, you have some burst dmg only but will still take longer to kill cause so much time is spent without even attacking.

I like Gunner but GuHu is dead now.
I don't think it's permanent though, so I am just waiting for Sega to buff Gunner again with something that isn't a tiny boost related to chains or PK.

Hexxy
Oct 30, 2014, 12:01 PM
I main br/hu but I still play my gu/ra and love it. Killing bosses (which is all that matters in pso2 really) in 10 seconds more than makes up for any other "flaw" they have.

STNFCST
Oct 30, 2014, 12:48 PM
Air immortal all the ways mobs and most boss can't touch you anyway. Not sure why people are complaining about removing attack boost roll. When you can't take even advantage class uber traits.

Digital Pain
Oct 30, 2014, 04:19 PM
I've just recently got back to playing this game after a 6 month break, once I've capped my main classes (Br/Hu) I'm going to work on capping my Gu. I've not played around with Gunner since EP3 nerfs but I'm looking forward to it, for me Gunner is just fun to play even without JA S-roll.

Selphea
Oct 30, 2014, 05:56 PM
The thing about GuHu is that when I was comparing subs, Hu has a 1.61x ranged multiplier which should be common enough knowledge that I don't need to break it down, but then I found that Bouncer could actually exceed 1.61x when it needs to:

1.2 Elemental Stance x 1.1 Elemental Stance Up x 1.05 Shifta Air x 1.2 Zanverse = 1.66x

And if you use crafted Negative/Machine/Native/Oceanid/Dragonkin Hunters, Craft Mastery is going to be a further advantage over Hunter.

Obviously I don't Zanverse on everything though, only the things that don't die without Zanverse, i.e. things that need Chain Trigger.

Flash Guard, Automate Halfline and Massive Hunter are nice but they have no synergy with Perfect Keeper and the massive amounts of super armor on TMG PAs. If you're hit below 75% but above 50%, you have to stop and drink a mate to get Perfect Keeper back. Compare that to tapping Megiverse and Elder Rebellioning through Nepto's fire bombs and coming out of that with full HP because every hit heals you for 1/3 to 1/2 your HP.

Also, Hu sub has no PP management, which is pretty big for post-SRJA Gunner because your boss strategy outside of Chain Trigger involves mashing Satellite Aim till you go blue in the face and then somehow finding a way to refill your PP bar to do that again. Having Ele PP Field to alternate with Ketos Proi helps a lot with that. Main thing is you can't activate Ele PP in the air :/

And Zondeel solves the classic mobbing problems of Gunner. Pulls things in and sets them up for ZRA nicely, although it creates a new problem: point blank Shift Period in the middle of 8 Pitta Waddas is incredibly loud :/

Also I tried GuRa and it can be quite fancy doing an air Elder Rebellion then going into TPS mid-PA for headshots and damage is very nice, but needs too much effort for my tastes. In terms of a lazymode Gu sub, I'd go with GuBo over GuHu

HOOCCOOH
Oct 31, 2014, 07:54 PM
GU is still my favorite, but now i seldom use it.
I do not know what to do without S Roll lol

LotusFX
Oct 31, 2014, 08:02 PM
GU is still my favorite, but now i seldom use it.
I do not know what to do without S Roll lol

It's a fun class really. Try different combos. Spam Satellite Aim. TMGs are like shotguns. :wacko:

Dycize
Oct 31, 2014, 08:04 PM
You mean SRoll JA boost!
SRoll is kind of a core mechanic of TMGs.

I find GU more enjoyable now that PAs deal damage without needing to SRoll, turning GU into an infinite fire/elder rebellion/heel stab fest. That was so boring. Now I use reverse tap, bullet squall and shift period for happy fun mobbing times.
And then I simply wait for dive roll attack to finally be able to dodge towards ennemies without having to make awkward SRolls or just breaking the tempo altogether to reposition.

pkemr4
Oct 31, 2014, 08:31 PM
% wise isnt the PA's buffed to Pre nerf S roll JA bonus at this point? excluding infinite fire and messiah time.