PDA

View Full Version : Quick ?'s

Gankfest
Oct 31, 2014, 07:59 AM
Where is a good place to find consistent mobs of the same type for PSE burst? Level 22

Where is Blossom Dance Survey for Weather Survey Quests?

Kondibon
Oct 31, 2014, 08:09 AM
Quick Question thread is right here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385) sweety.

You don't need mobs of the same type for a PSE burst, but the easiest place to get them is AQs though you can't do those at level 22. You can try the holloween EQ when it's up.

Blossom Dance is in shironia I believe.

Gankfest
Oct 31, 2014, 08:13 AM
Quick Question thread is right here sweety.

I asked in there... No one answered. Page 1217

You don't need mobs of the same type for a PSE burst, but the easiest place to get them is AQs though you can't do those at level 22. You can try the holloween EQ when it's up.

I don't see how that's the case... I need lighting mobs to build lighting PSE, and Ice mobs to build the Ice PSE, etc... Yesterday in the V. Caves I built a PSE up to the point it put a count down on the screen... I wasn't able to find any other mobs of the same PSE type, which I figure is what I needed to make it go off.

Blossom Dance is in shironia I believe.

Where is this...?

Thanx!

Kondibon
Oct 31, 2014, 08:18 AM
I asked in there... No one answered. Page 2017If people don't answer it's a good idea to ask again anyway, chances are people just didn't see it the first time.

I don't see how that's the case... I need lighting mobs to build lighting PSE, and Ice mobs to build the Ice PSE, etc... Yesterday in the V. Caves I built a PSE up to the point it put a count down on the screen... I wasn't able to find any other mobs of the same PSE type, which I figure is what I needed to make it go off.I don't think that's how it works. PSEs are random and based on the area and quest type, not the enemies. You just have to get lucky, which is why AQs and EQs are good for it, lots of mobs are dying so more chances for PSEs.

Where is this...?

Thanx!Planet Japan Harukotan.

isCasted
Oct 31, 2014, 08:30 AM
After EP3 update PSE depends on player's actions greatly, it's not as random as it used to be. If your MPA has many Rangers, you are more likely to get Weak Point Boost. If you are using Wind techs - you will be likely to get Wind Boost PSE (enemies don't even have to be weak to Wind, I believe).

But that's for Free Fields and Arks Quests mostly. AQs and some EQs have built-in unchangeable PSE.

Kondibon
Oct 31, 2014, 08:47 AM
After EP3 update PSE depends on player's actions greatly, it's not as random as it used to be. If your MPA has many Rangers, you are more likely to get Weak Point Boost. If you are using Wind techs - you will be likely to get Wind Boost PSE (enemies don't even have to be weak to Wind, I believe).

But that's for Free Fields and Arks Quests mostly. AQs and some EQs have built-in unchangeable PSE.I've messed with this, and it's simply not true as far as I can tell. There's also nothing I see about it on the JP wiki. They're randomly selected from the ones available in that area and quest type.

EDIT: Weather boosts PSE rates though. Also I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the weaknesses of the enemies you attack effect it, but I've gotten light PSEs from non-darker enemies before without using light techs.

Futher Edit:
Just to double check, I did a run of mines using nothing but wind techs. My PSEs looked like this by the end, and the only darker that spawned was a ragne that didn't even gice a PSE when it died.
http://i.imgur.com/gt6uGJ5.png

So I'll just mention again that your best bet for PSEs is probably the halloween EQ.

Gankfest
Oct 31, 2014, 10:16 AM
I wasn't saying the mob has to be weak to that PSE, but certain mobs in an area build say fire PSE, and the other will build Lighting PSE's. I know this is true because killing mechs in the desert was building my lighting PSE, but I kept running out of mobs when I hit PSE lvl 7.

With that being said... Which is why I asked originally where I can find a lot of the same mob types in an area. Rather than a bunch of non sense I already knew. I don't care about peoples opinion on how PSE's, but where are good places to set them off at level 22(Not lev50 lol).

I'll check out the Halloween event... More for the ween though. :P

Kondibon
Oct 31, 2014, 10:58 AM
The Halloween event is your best bet if you can't do AQs anyway. I just brought up AQs so you'd know for later.

strikerhunter
Oct 31, 2014, 11:22 AM
I wasn't saying the mob has to be weak to that PSE, but certain mobs in an area build say fire PSE, and the other will build Lighting PSE's. I know this is true because killing mechs in the desert was building my lighting PSE, but I kept running out of mobs when I hit PSE lvl 7.

With that being said... Which is why I asked originally where I can find a lot of the same mob types in an area. Rather than a bunch of non sense I already knew. I don't care about peoples opinion on how PSE's, but where are good places to set them off at level 22(Not lev50 lol).

I'll check out the Halloween event... More for the ween though. :P

First things first, elemental PSEs in each area/planet tend to correspond to the weakness of the mobs there with the exception of light. This explains why you are seeing Lighting element PSe from mechs. This also explains why you'll never see some PSEs in another Planet.So to answer the first part of your question, basically any Lilipa missions (desert, tunnels, Quarry).

You will not be finding a high concentration of enemy unless:
A.) You have party relatively from 4-12 (more players = more mobs)
B.) As said above AQs but your not at that level yet.
C.) EQs.
D.) Your best bet for bursts is Free Explore missions, generally in area 2 (sometimes 1).

With the exception of EQs and AQs, there are no general missions where you can easily set off PSEs. PSEs are random, but chances are boosted with more players and weather effect is in play.

To answer your question from Konibon about Shironia:
I don't remember which Free Explore mission you have to complete to unlock Shironia, but just keep unlocking areas and you'll get it eventually.

Gankfest
Oct 31, 2014, 12:52 PM
Cool thanks... Now that my questions have been answered I have no qualms on indulging into PSE's further.

What does the PSE countdown timer mean when it pops up on the screen? I think it was 1 or 2 mins.

Does building another PSE type affect the other type. Say I have lvl 6 lighting PSE will killing a fire mob decrease the lighting PSE?

Sizustar
Oct 31, 2014, 12:54 PM
Cool thanks... Now that my questions have been answered I have no qualms on indulging into PSE's further.

What does the PSE countdown timer mean when it pops up on the screen? I think it was 1 or 2 mins.

Does building another PSE type affect the other type. Say I have lvl 6 lighting PSE will killing a fire mob decrease the lighting PSE?

Increase drop, exp, meseta during PSE burst.
You get a PSE burst, when any one reach lv.8

Kondibon
Oct 31, 2014, 01:06 PM

Does building another PSE type affect the other type. Say I have lvl 6 lighting PSE will killing a fire mob decrease the lighting PSE?The PSE chance timer just means you have a PSE at level 7 if you get it to level 8 before the timer ends then you get a burst.

All PSEs over a certain level have a time limit, but it's only shown for levels 7 and 8, with 8 being the burst itself.

Building PSEs doesn't decrease other PSEs. In fact getting two different PSEs to level 8 is how you get a cross burst.

LordKaiser
Oct 31, 2014, 01:23 PM
The very rare e-code that so far haven't appeared in Halloween where you defend scattered crystals from being destroyed also increase the rate of bursts.

Gankfest
Oct 31, 2014, 01:58 PM
Building PSEs doesn't decrease other PSEs. In fact getting two different PSEs to level 8 is how you get a cross burst.

Ah ok, so that's what cross bursting is...