PDA

View Full Version : Which assault rifle is the best besides the 12* one?

Basras
Nov 1, 2014, 02:47 PM
Hey I am trying to find a upgrade for the falz rifle I have. But all the upgrades I want are tough to get. so which one is more easier to obtain.

the fubuki rifle

The rifle that drops from Bal rodos

The one that drops from falz angel

or finally the one from the TD quests?

Sayara
Nov 1, 2014, 03:01 PM
fubuki drops from a mob, the others dont, I believe td rifles latent is the more open ended of the lot, (PP reduced on PA) the others are situational. (Rodos is PP Save only after a bullet is used [weak bullet], Fubukii is Halfline PP Slayer (kinda, not as good as Black Heart), and Angel Rifle is Dark Damage resist)

Raw damage wise, Angel rifle is the strongest and since its latent is usually shrugged against it shouldn't be hella impossible to buy in the shop (vs the other 3)
so theres that,

also... Angel rifle looks super cool :V

Basras
Nov 1, 2014, 03:30 PM
fubuki drops from a mob, the others dont, I believe td rifles latent is the more open ended of the lot, (PP reduced on PA) the others are situational. (Rodos is PP Save only after a bullet is used [weak bullet], Fubukii is Halfline PP Slayer (kinda, not as good as Black Heart), and Angel Rifle is Dark Damage resist)

Raw damage wise, Angel rifle is the strongest and since its latent is usually shrugged against it shouldn't be hella impossible to buy in the shop (vs the other 3)
so theres that,

also... Angel rifle looks super cool :V wait so does the assault rife from bal rodos drop from him in SH mode or Advance hard mode?

Sayara
Nov 1, 2014, 03:39 PM
It says +61 Bal Rodos which would be SHAQ or SH Seabed Facility. But that means farming for him in either spot, isn't as easy as fishing for the red giant titan in Shironia

horseship
Nov 1, 2014, 03:50 PM
If you're looking for damage increasing latents, good ones to look out for are Hurio Sniff (7% damage to weak points), Bio Triner (8% damage to all JAs) and crafted Firearms (11% increase to standing snipe damage, however will have extra damage variance).

You could also go for a rainbow palette of "racist" rifles, for example a light Sfera Rain for darkers, a fire Grizz Rifle for natives, etc.

IndigoNovember
Nov 2, 2014, 02:59 PM
Small correction, but I believe Hurio Sniff is 9% now.

horseship
Nov 2, 2014, 03:09 PM
Nope, Cirnopedia is just wrong about Crushing Blow. Just grabbed a screencap of a random one off of the player shop with the potential unlocked:

http://i.imgur.com/BQGvteu.jpg

Dinosaur
Nov 2, 2014, 03:17 PM
Nope, Cirnopedia is just wrong about Crushing Blow. Just grabbed a screencap of a random one off of the player shop with the potential unlocked:

http://i.imgur.com/BQGvteu.jpg
lol english patch

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-extended-maintenance-and-patch-7162014/
"Fragile Assault, Crushing Blow, Discerning Eye, and Perfect Calamity’s Potential Ability effects have improved!"

Bellion
Nov 2, 2014, 03:20 PM
yeah, lol english patch.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/lolenglishpatch_zps7f2f030e.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sacrificial
Nov 2, 2014, 03:25 PM
to OP all racist rifles(bonus against mob type) are far better than those you mentioned and most of them are upgrades from the spellstone shop so easy to get.

horseship
Nov 2, 2014, 04:01 PM
Okay, guess English patch is wrong :|

TaigaUC
Nov 2, 2014, 06:53 PM
Yeah, a JP friend was telling me yesterday that people have been favoring racist latents lately.

I personally use a maxed out crafted Fire Arms.
Rifles tend not to drop for me. I did get a Menaarisu a week ago, but it looks ugly to me.

Great Pan
Nov 2, 2014, 07:04 PM
Bio Rifle.

Achelousaurus
Nov 3, 2014, 11:55 AM
Disturbing lack of Flowpetal.
It's a very strong and very cheap RaHu rifle.
It has good atk and boosts Fury Stance. I got one with over 1000 atk for like 3 mil.

It's 10* and sure there are better but considering how easy it is to get one and how close it comes to those that are best, it really deserves to be mentioned here.

Now of course, with that 20% or something dmg boost for racist potentials a "rainbow" of those will always be strongest but that's true for pretty much every weapon type.

Ordy
Nov 3, 2014, 02:41 PM
Simply because it's far from the top tier rifles: yas7kv, racists, arao/evare

Sure, it's not bad, it's like ... a shittier version of the bio rifle (which also isn't a top tier, just a decent, all-around and multiclass AR) but has nothing to do in a top AR list, so I'd personally not recommend it.

Vetur
Nov 3, 2014, 03:06 PM
It has good atk and boosts Fury Stance. I got one with over 1000 atk for like 3 mil.

It's 10* and sure there are better but considering how easy it is to get one and how close it comes to those that are best, it really deserves to be mentioned here.

Now of course, with that 20% or something dmg boost for racist potentials a "rainbow" of those will always be strongest but that's true for pretty much every weapon type.

I have this rifle on my ranger, and it's so cute. xD It was cheap too(pre-grinded with good affixes too, was less than 1m on ship 9), I agree that it's definitely an affordable one.
And since my subclass is hunter, I can switch to it and still use it.

PS: If your character is a girl, you should totally wear the pink Aquaria coat with it. They really compliment each other.

Achelousaurus
Nov 4, 2014, 04:46 AM
Hmm. I chose it solely cause it was 3.15 mil for something close to top tier rifles instead of 20+ mil for the actual top tier ones.

Exiled_Gundam
Nov 4, 2014, 05:24 AM
Or Mena Alice if you prefer sniping from afar (Precision Sniping latent)

milranduil
Nov 4, 2014, 06:44 AM

If by strong you mean 14% weaker than racist rifles, then sure!

Aine
Nov 4, 2014, 09:44 AM
Just be aware that ~Hunter potentials won't work in Ultimate.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 4, 2014, 11:14 AM
Is that information actually accurate? Seemed that "new enemy types" just meant new enemies. Dagan Yuga instead of Dagan, Goldorahda Yuga instead of Goldorahda, and so on.

Pugas87
Nov 4, 2014, 11:37 AM
Just be aware that ~Hunter potentials won't work in Ultimate.

Are you saying that the re-skinned natives are not going to be natives?

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__YZd1_NX1c
and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00V5_bz220Q[/SPOILER-BOX]

horseship
Nov 4, 2014, 11:44 AM
From bumped: "UQ has its own enemy type. There’s an ability called Ultimate Buster for bonus damage towards this enemy type."

LonelyGaruga
Nov 4, 2014, 02:04 PM
Huh, the second sentence wasn't there when I checked it. Guess it was updated since then.

Ultimate Buster is probably going to be ~13% if it works on all UQ enemies, meh.

KatsuraJun
Nov 4, 2014, 04:14 PM
great, now we have to make a rainbow palette ultimate buster db

being bouncer is suffering

LonelyGaruga
Nov 4, 2014, 04:39 PM
If one comes out, it probably won't have a high enough % to actually be better than other weapons. Only ice and light weakness in Naberius UQ anyway. Next UQ will be a while from now, a month at minimum.