PDA

View Full Version : OTP ap fail?

devil_kit
Nov 3, 2014, 05:00 PM
I followed the OTP guide to install as it is on bumped.org but attempting to use Bluestacks.

I tried just reaunching the ap to see if it will fix itself but apparently its not. This comes up in Japanese and I'm terrible at trying to read it so I was wondering what this error is at the bottom- what it says- and how to fix it.

Thank you very much

http://i59.tinypic.com/op0853.jpg

devil_kit
Nov 5, 2014, 02:43 AM
Still having the problem. I tried several things with the Bluestacks Ap. I followed a rudely translated Jp guide for getting Bluestacks to work but even changing my IMEI didn't work.

Also nowhere in my searching did I find what the Japanese text (picture in op) in any of the guides I've searched.

Syklo
Nov 5, 2014, 04:16 AM
(Used google translate for a bit)
I can't read the kanji after "アカウント" because of the image quality, but as far as i can tell, after that it says:
"if you failed to download the seed, then a one time password won't be sent"

Now idk what the "seed" is since i haven't bothered setting an OTP myself but...hope that helps?

devil_kit
Nov 5, 2014, 05:10 AM
(Used google translate for a bit)
I can't read the kanji after "アカウント" because of the image quality, but as far as i can tell, after that it says:
"if you failed to download the seed, then a one time password won't be sent"

Now idk what the "seed" is since i haven't bothered setting an OTP myself but...hope that helps?

Thank you very much, this is a source 100% from bluestacks window of the image. not a resampling its 1:1 perfect window screen cap.

Very strange. . . I've done several uninstalls / re installs of blue stacks, and clean registry wipes of bluestacks to make sure I get the errors (if any that are reg error related) and installed fresh, re-downloaded the ap fresh, start it up and it always comes to that. I try tapping on the screen with my mouse, nothing, sliding it up, down, left right, circles- nothing =/ I just wondered if I kept doing it wrong some how.

I guess I can't use OTP for now I guess- but there's at least one other person having the same issues as me in the comments on the bumped.org page of the OTP guide. So I figured the wise guru's here would know why it may be saying such.

If any one has some further insight, or care to share how they got bluestacks and OTP to work I would be grateful.

Edit - Yes I'm using a VPN with a JP ip to do all of this @,@

RunGuy
Nov 5, 2014, 06:42 AM
You need to use an older version of bluestacks. You can try 0.7.18. I got OTP to work with that one.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/BlueStacks_App_Player

What you need to do is press the "soft key". You can find that button in the bottom right corner of your screenshot. Yes, it is under the "off" button. Older versions of bluestacks do not have this problem.

devil_kit
Nov 6, 2014, 04:40 PM
You need to use an older version of bluestacks. You can try 0.7.18. I got OTP to work with that one.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/BlueStacks_App_Player

What you need to do is press the "soft key". You can find that button in the bottom right corner of your screenshot. Yes, it is under the "off" button. Older versions of bluestacks do not have this problem.

*face desk* I feel so incompetent now. I don't use smart phones or tablets, I feel like they're 'stop gap' devices that aren't nearly as powerful (yet) to replace my PC and Camera. I still use a 'basic' cell phone that only does text and calls. Also if you combine the cost of a Tablet and Smartphone (some people have to have these) you could end up with a rather mid-high end PC rig. Course I think differently than most.

Thank you very much RunGuy. I may just end up writing a guide for OTP sign up with bluestacks to sticky on this forum.