PDA

View Full Version : Tacos from Hell

Achelousaurus
Nov 4, 2014, 06:15 AM
Again.
In the past week I had 3 taco runs from hell, each time in hard.
Now I don't mind carrying, I got carried before I knew them and it's ok to return the favor.

But I don't like doing them with total newbies and mostly, I don't want to do them with people actively slowing me down.

I am already not that fast (I'd say avg speed and h takes ~50 minutes for me due to all the running and switch hitting, a good 20-30 minutes more when soloing) but all three times I need over 2 hours.

On Friday I stared at my screen in horror when I realized I had not actually finished Klotho's CO with A rank cause the other player had died so very often in h lilipa that we got a lower rank despite needing only 15 minutes.

Yesterday I did them with someone else who had turned their brain entirely off and couldn't even follow simply instructions like go left (oh that's left!), went back the way we came for no reason whatsoever (enemies killed, red wall gone, I think I better go back to start ASAP!) and kept following me when I told her to go this way or that.
Navigating her to the blue button in Lilipa took 5 full minutes.

I dced before we could get any further and then there was an EQ so afterwards I finished the set on my own.

So now I'm gonna watch me some solo TA vids to get all the shortcuts and best routes down >_<
Still needing a bit long for Nab 1 and definitely too long for lilipa.

Rien
Nov 4, 2014, 06:29 AM
As long as it's not Lillipa or a TA with a team wait switch, it's doable with complete idiots.

Ironically Tacos are mexican and we all know about the issue with mexicans in america

Achelousaurus
Nov 4, 2014, 06:31 AM
Yeah, both times it was lilipa that failed =/
God, I hate this TA. I actually like the others but Lilipa is so damn annoying with the stupid conveyors and retarded alarms.
Cause of the cam angle it turns into something like fps jumping, you can never be really sure of your exact position compared to obstacles and it turns into semi-guesswork.

milranduil
Nov 4, 2014, 06:46 AM
Again.
In the past week I had 3 taco runs from hell, each time in hard.
Now I don't mind carrying, I got carried before I knew them and it's ok to return the favor.

But I don't like doing them with total newbies and mostly, I don't want to do them with people actively slowing me down.

I am already not that fast (I'd say avg speed and h takes ~50 minutes for me due to all the running and switch hitting, a good 20-30 minutes more when soloing) but all three times I need over 2 hours.

On Friday I stared at my screen in horror when I realized I had not actually finished Klotho's CO with A rank cause the other player had died so very often in h lilipa that we got a lower rank despite needing only 15 minutes.

Yesterday I did them with someone else who had turned their brain entirely off and couldn't even follow simply instructions like go left (oh that's left!), went back the way we came for no reason whatsoever (enemies killed, red wall gone, I think I better go back to start ASAP!) and kept following me when I told her to go this way or that.
Navigating her to the blue button in Lilipa took 5 full minutes.

I dced before we could get any further and then there was an EQ so afterwards I finished the set on my own.

So now I'm gonna watch me some solo TA vids to get all the shortcuts and best routes down >_<
Still needing a bit long for Nab 1 and definitely too long for lilipa.

If it takes more than 45min to solo h tacos, you're doing something wrong! Also, there is no guesswork about lilipa lasers...do you play on low settings or something to make the lasers hard to see?

TehCubey
Nov 4, 2014, 07:13 AM
Just solo. It's more annoying than running with friends, but definitely less annoying than running with clueless randoms.

Which level are you by the way? Since you said you're running Hard tacos and not VH/SH.

saraishadow
Nov 4, 2014, 07:52 AM
how the fuck do you die on H?
even if it is Lillipa............

isCasted
Nov 4, 2014, 08:11 AM
Where are you looking for people to do TA with? I never had that many problems with it, even in pre-DDoS B20.

Gama
Nov 4, 2014, 09:20 AM
i have a rule, do tacos with friends. running them with randoms is too risky. also never do tacos sleepy, you will enter the auto killing mode and end up screwing up.

landman
Nov 4, 2014, 09:48 AM
Now that tacos are not daily, I don't even bother forming a party, and I only did in episode 2 because it was faster, there is no way a bad party could make me do them slower than I do them solo, with the exception of Nab 2 and Sanctum where they are needed to advance.

Lilipa solo only means running both paths, if you are playing with clueless people tell them to stay in area 1 or afk and let you finish it (or at the least to follow you from a far distance, so in the case they get trapped they don't close your path).

strikerhunter
Nov 4, 2014, 10:48 AM
Now that tacos are not daily, I don't even bother forming a party, and I only did in episode 2 because it was faster, there is no way a bad party could make me do them slower than I do them solo, with the exception of Nab 2 and Sanctum where they are needed to advance.

Lilipa solo only means running both paths, if you are playing with clueless people tell them to stay in area 1 or afk and let you finish it (or at the least to follow you from a far distance, so in the case they get trapped they don't close your path).

This.

With the exception of fucken Seabed, it takes me no more than 12-20 min each to solo a TA now.

As for the OP, lemme guess, you where TAing in b20? The last time I had decent TACO run there was during EP1 <_< Generally I would normally ask my party do they know all the shortcuts and how to TA but I got tired putting up with idiots and started doing them either solo or with people I've TA'd with before.

Digital Pain
Nov 4, 2014, 11:17 AM
Yeah just Taco solo or with team members/ friend save yourself the hassle or running them with randoms. The last time I ran Taco's with a group braver as a class didn't exist lol, I personally just prefer to solo them.

Achelousaurus
Nov 4, 2014, 11:18 AM
Ironically Tacos are mexican and we all know about the issue with mexicans in america
But I am not a 'Murican!

The red alarm system bars aren't hard to see but their exact distance to my character is hard to see when the cam is so close I might as well use over the shoulder mode.

So even though I don't hit them often it always seems to me like a really close call and I just got lucky if I don't hit one.
I don't mean the simple 2 horizontal bars going up and down but the part with the multiple spinning ones with different timing that are really close.

I needed just under 17 minutes for lilipa when I soloedd it (without any switches to turn off alarm systems), and just over 12 minuets for Nab1 (derped, forgot a switch, went the wrong way and then had to go the direct north route and kill everything), but it takes a lot less time to do it with at least one other person.

I checked out a lilipa solo vid though and I think I can shave 2-3 minutes off lilipa and normally I wouldn't need more than 9-10 minutes for Nab1.

Next time I have h tacos I will just solo to see if I can do it in a decent time and only party with others if there's already 3 other people.

So, anyone else got taco horror stories to tell?

PS: the player from yesterday that literally couldn't tell left from right was a team mate ._.

Hexxy
Nov 4, 2014, 11:45 AM
My worst taco ever was when ta's first came out and we tried nab1, and we thought we had to kill everything so it took 33min to complete.

SakoHaruo
Nov 4, 2014, 11:46 AM
So who needs Tacos? I'm going to run my last set in about 15mins. o3o

Sacrificial
Nov 4, 2014, 12:02 PM
So who needs Tacos? I'm going to run my last set in about 15mins. o3o

call me

SakoHaruo
Nov 4, 2014, 12:12 PM
What's your number? o3o

Btw I was serious.

Sparzyle
Nov 4, 2014, 01:57 PM
I only hate those campers who rather stay waiting than helping those who doesn't do much damage

Or those who don't even make some effort to learn/do the shortcuts on the TAs

Also I've meet more 'muricans sucking at TAs :v which is actually the same IRL

Nikoshae
Nov 4, 2014, 02:18 PM
Megidolaon, if you need someone to run TACOs with I don't mind tagging along. I could always use the meseta, and have a secondary character I can do them with :3

LonelyGaruga
Nov 4, 2014, 04:36 PM
PS: the player from yesterday that literally couldn't tell left from right was a team mate ._.

Find a new team.

sol_trigger
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 PM
my yesterday TACOs story: there's a guy who AFK 90% of the time on Amdusica Sh and vopar, it was just me and another guy carry him, you know how hard it is for a weak gear character like me to carry on SH quests... i didnt have to kick him out of the PT but i will NEVER do TACOs with him again

srsly, afk in TACOs because his friend comes over his house and he had to copy anime stuffs for him, WHO GIVES A FUCK ?

Flaoc
Nov 4, 2014, 11:12 PM
and this is why i either solo or do with 1 person i know now

milranduil
Nov 4, 2014, 11:16 PM
I don't mean the simple 2 horizontal bars going up and down but the part with the multiple spinning ones with different timing that are really close.

Someone doesn't know A2 shortcut.

landman
Nov 5, 2014, 03:08 AM
By shortcuts you mean deactivating them? in the end it's more effective to learn to avoid them than learning how to deactivate them, this way you are not sold when playing with people who don't deactivate them.

TaigaUC
Nov 5, 2014, 03:19 AM
Lilipa feels extra irritating because of the traps and the shortcut.

Each TA shouldn't take more than 5-15 minutes, solo or not.
If the people you're stuck with on Hard are terrible, it'd probably be better to focus on getting to level 50 for the various benefits.

Vetur
Nov 5, 2014, 03:23 AM
Aw, sorry for your experience. I remember having a horrible time with Lilippa too. The worst being when we reached area 2, and the person(who never said a word) died, and retired to the ship... which as you might know cancels the quest for everyone in the party... So yeah that wasted a lot of time(we were near 45 minutes in, even).

Well, it's not a problem now that I know how to solo it, as long as you make sure any new players know not to return to the ship, or know not to step on the buttons yet.

milranduil
Nov 5, 2014, 04:40 AM
Aw, sorry for your experience. I remember having a horrible time with Lilippa too. The worst being when we reached area 2, and the person(who never said a word) died, and retired to the ship... which as you might know cancels the quest for everyone in the party... So yeah that wasted a lot of time(we were near 45 minutes in, even).

Well, it's not a problem now that I know how to solo it, as long as you make sure any new players know not to return to the ship, or know not to step on the buttons yet.

45min lilipa o3o...

SakoHaruo
Nov 5, 2014, 04:43 AM
o3o...

Fixed. o3o

How does it take you 45mins to complete one quest? That fuck.

Achelousaurus
Nov 5, 2014, 04:57 AM
Megidolaon, if you need someone to run TACOs with I don't mind tagging along. I could always use the meseta, and have a secondary character I can do them with :3
Sweet!
My taco day are h on Monday / Friday and shvh on Tuesday / Sunday.

SakoHaruo
Nov 5, 2014, 05:06 AM
Sweet!

I must ask; why do you guys continue to ignore the TA Block? It's a block dedicated for TACOs, and you don't need to learn Japanese. I will never understand it. I taco in the TA block every single week (it was everyday before Ep3). Once I start a party it takes less than 5mins to fill up, you don't have to announce shit. You guys should really try it out.

Hexxy
Nov 5, 2014, 09:00 AM
By shortcuts you mean deactivating them? in the end it's more effective to learn to avoid them than learning how to deactivate them, this way you are not sold when playing with people who don't deactivate them.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130515014328/ohpso2/images/5/5a/Pso2_ta_lilia2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Achelousaurus
Nov 5, 2014, 10:10 AM
I must ask; why do you guys continue to ignore the TA Block? It's a block dedicated for TACOs, and you don't need to learn Japanese. I will never understand it. I taco in the TA block every single week (it was everyday before Ep3). Once I start a party it takes less than 5mins to fill up, you don't have to announce shit. You guys should really try it out.
You're just lucky ._.

The tacos from hell happened cause for almost an hour I couldn't find a taco party, the 2nd even including the proxy chat.

First thing I do is go to B20 and ask around, then ask friend and team mates and now also the proxy chat.

I always went the long way when soloing lilipa so far cause I was too lazy checking how to deactivate the alarm system but now I know and so the shortcut is easy to take for me.

Pugas87
Nov 5, 2014, 10:14 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130515014328/ohpso2/images/5/5a/Pso2_ta_lilia2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I presume the 2.1, 2.2, 3.1, 3.2 are indicators for a first group (.1) and a second group (.2) each is 1 to 2 characters.

For solo people, once you finish 2.1 take the tele-warp back to do 2.2. Hit 3.2, take 4 to 3.1 and then take that little arrow with no number to hit the blue and green limited time switches that make a warp above and finish.

People still don't know about this?

SakoHaruo
Nov 5, 2014, 10:42 AM
You're just lucky ._.

The tacos from hell happened cause for almost an hour I couldn't find a taco party, the 2nd even including the proxy chat.

First thing I do is go to B20 and ask around, then ask friend and team mates and now also the proxy chat.

I always went the long way when soloing lilipa so far cause I was too lazy checking how to deactivate the alarm system but now I know and so the shortcut is easy to take for me.

Luck? There is no luck. I run four characters in the same TA block and on the same day, non stop. I'm usually the one to form a party because most people are either too lazy or just too shy(I'm talking about JP here). I've been running tacos in the TA Block for so long that I've formed (what I would say is..) a work environment friendship with other/popular JP TAers. Usually it's the same players so they already have some awareness as to who can TA and who can't TA efficiently. You don't need to be the fastest, you just need to know what the hell you're doing. And don't form a party without a description.

I only TA in B20 with teammates or good peeps. I'm a Tryhard casual too. o3o

Btw My TACOs are up on Tuesdays, and so are yours. o3o If you want I can prove to you that the TA block (doesn't require any luck and..) is the best place to get multiple runs done fast.

Achelousaurus
Nov 5, 2014, 11:18 AM
Sorry, thought you meant B20 with taco block. Forgot there are sega intentions for blocks.
Need to check next time.
Actually, gonna check today for my xqs.

landman
Nov 5, 2014, 11:31 AM
I presume the 2.1, 2.2, 3.1, 3.2 are indicators for a first group (.1) and a second group (.2) each is 1 to 2 characters.

For solo people, once you finish 2.1 take the tele-warp back to do 2.2. Hit 3.2, take 4 to 3.1 and then take that little arrow with no number to hit the blue and green limited time switches that make a warp above and finish.

People still don't know about this?
Exactly, I see no shortcut there, a see the common path, in fact I don't even know what's outside this path.

RealKillaK
Nov 5, 2014, 11:37 AM
Luck? There is no luck. I run four characters in the same TA block and on the same day, non stop. I'm usually the one to form a party because most people are either too lazy or just too shy(I'm talking about JP here). I've been running tacos in the TA Block for so long that I've formed (what I would say is..) a work environment friendship with other/popular JP TAers. Usually it's the same players so they already have some awareness as to who can TA and who can't TA efficiently. You don't need to be the fastest, you just need to know what the hell you're doing. And don't form a party without a description.

I only TA in B20 with teammates or good peeps. I'm a Tryhard casual too. o3o

Btw My TACOs are up on Tuesdays, and so are yours. o3o If you want I can prove to you that the TA block (doesn't require any luck and..) is the best place to get multiple runs done fast. So Elite I just taco in b20 cuz too lazy for this. I just do everything and let people pick up one mob im too lazy to kill*looking at the one left side mech who gives no fucks*

milranduil
Nov 5, 2014, 04:31 PM
Exactly, I see no shortcut there, a see the common path, in fact I don't even know what's outside this path.

If you're fast, you can also do 2.2, 3.2, warp, 2.1, 3.1, done. Don't screw up :wacko:

Nikoshae
Nov 5, 2014, 04:39 PM
Sweet!

What times?

I'll be on in a short bit if you want to add me in-game.

Punisher106
Nov 5, 2014, 04:43 PM
I've had XQs with people in the proxy chat. We didn't clear any stage orders, except two, and I was the one who cleared those orders. Imagine that shittiness in TAs.