PDA

View Full Version : Are there any specific way to locate a costume file?

xFrZkSoRa
Nov 4, 2014, 03:07 PM
I wonder are there anyway to locate a specific costume file in the data/win32 directory?

Instead of just testing them one by one.

If it can be done, can I swap two different files,

so as to change the costumes wearing by the NPCs?

KatsuraJun
Nov 4, 2014, 04:12 PM
nobody knows how to unpack those files.

the few mods that do exist like the nude mod use some tool to unpack them we don't know about/possibly developed by the modder

Shadowth117
Nov 4, 2014, 04:18 PM
nobody knows how to unpack those files.

the few mods that do exist like the nude mod use some tool to unpack them we don't know about/possibly developed by the modder

No, we can unpack them just fine. In fact:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n1cu67qdd3icid/deICEr_v4.exe?dl=0

We just can't repack them. And therein lies the issue.

So yeah, you can mass unpack this crap and play with it, but you can't put it back. You'll probably have a bit of luck getting it into other games though.

Edit: I should clarify we can repack to some extent. Obviously we do this for the English patch. AIDA has said in the past thought that what they're using for that doesn't allow for repacking textures and such however, though I admit that sounds a bit fishy.

I don't recall offhand if simply swapping costume files in PSO2 works, but I want to say it didn't.

Sizustar
Nov 4, 2014, 04:39 PM
No, we can unpack them just fine. In fact:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n1cu67qdd3icid/deICEr_v4.exe?dl=0

We just can't repack them. And therein lies the issue.

So yeah, you can mass unpack this crap and play with it, but you can't put it back. You'll probably have a bit of luck getting it into other games though.

Edit: I should clarify we can repack to some extent. Obviously we do this for the English patch. AIDA has said in the past thought that what they're using for that doesn't allow for repacking textures and such however, though I admit that sounds a bit fishy.

I don't recall offhand if simply swapping costume files in PSO2 works, but I want to say it didn't.

No, Aida can repack texture file, it's just not shared at this time.

Shadowth117
Nov 4, 2014, 05:00 PM
No, Aida can repack texture file, it's just not shared at this time.

Well like I said, they said directly probably a month ago that while they had tried to, they never got it working. Now as I said, it sounded like crap when I heard it. But you know...

I myself would very much like to get legitimate texture and possibly model mods going, but obviously certain people are apparently highly against that. That type of thing has existed in the Japanese community for years, albeit privately and apparently for obnoxiously childish uses as seen by the infamous nude mod. And I'm pretty sure SEGA doesn't give a damn for the exact same reason that Valve doesn't with TF2.

sol_trigger
Nov 4, 2014, 09:56 PM
i'd like to replace my cheap costumes with expensive ones but i guess renaming the file wont work...

TaigaUC
Nov 5, 2014, 12:19 AM
I recall seeing a thread on here where it was announced that they did in fact get repacks working.

Anyway, if you want to find a specific costume, just unpack all of the files, do a search for DDS images of costume textures, find the one you want and check which folder it came from.
The models will be there, and you can import them into Noesis with the PSO2 plugin floating around.

BIG OLAF
Nov 5, 2014, 12:22 AM
i'd like to replace my cheap costumes with expensive ones

Yikes.

That's quite a rabbit hole you're looking to go down.

You essentially want to manipulate game files and steal/cheat.

Xaeris
Nov 5, 2014, 12:59 AM
Well, that escalated...at the standard expected pace for maintenance downtime posting, really.