PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Database (sites.google.com/site/pso2db)

usagi2607
Nov 6, 2014, 04:57 AM
I just found this PSO2 databases site yesterday: https://sites.google.com/site/pso2db/.
It is quite handy, even though it is not as fancy as PSO2 Cirnopedia (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/), but the data and info is really useful (especially the PAs are described quite clear).

I wonder if anyone else knows this site or who is the site owner ? It is really nice if we can somehow keep this one alive...

Rayden
Nov 6, 2014, 05:07 AM
There was a thread about it a while ago: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218022

Be aware that that website has some incorrect information (pointed out in that thread). I'm not sure how much of that has been fixed since then, but there are definitely still errors. For example, the very first paragraph on the Techer page says that Wand Gear explosions aren't affected by JAs, which is incorrect. The Braver page also says that Weak Stance applies both the penalty and the bonus to Wand Gear explosions, which also isn't true. Just a couple of mistakes I noticed from a quick glance.

usagi2607
Nov 6, 2014, 05:18 AM
There was a thread about it a while ago: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218022

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that the thread already exists. (I'm not good at the forum search).

Be aware that that website has some incorrect information (pointed out in that thread). I'm not sure how much of that has been fixed since then, but there are definitely still errors. For example, the very first paragraph on the Techer page says that Wand Gear explosions aren't affected by JAs, which is incorrect. The Braver page also says that Weak Stance applies both the penalty and the bonus to Wand Gear explosions, which also isn't true. Just a couple of mistakes I noticed from a quick glance.

That was actually why I wonder who the site owner is, so that we might help to get the info up to date.

Rayden
Nov 6, 2014, 05:25 AM
Another mistake is that it says you need Switch Strike for striking multiplier skills to boost jet boot damage. Urgh, it's full of errors.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the person who posted that older thread is one of the guys working on it.

usagi2607
Nov 6, 2014, 09:25 AM
Another mistake is that it says you need Switch Strike for striking multiplier skills to boost jet boot damage. Urgh, it's full of errors.

Sorry but why is that not correct? I think it states that Switch Strike takes advantage of S-ATK multiplier skills (such as Fury Stance or Crazy Beat.. which increase S-ATK). I don't see the mistake here, I know that you get the bonus regardless Switch Strike is activated but then what is the point if you don't use the those bonus (S-ATK)? Or what am I missing here..

isCasted
Nov 6, 2014, 09:49 AM
Fury Stance doesn't boost S-ATK, it boosts striking damage. Jet Boots do striking damage but use T-ATK. Another example is Heel Stab - it uses R-ATK, but its stab part is striking.

usagi2607
Nov 6, 2014, 09:54 AM
Fury Stance doesn't boost S-ATK, it boosts striking damage. Jet Boots do striking damage but use T-ATK. Another example is Heel Stab - it uses R-ATK, but its stab part is striking.

ok, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I was confused between Striking damage and S-ATK (thought they were the same thing...). But, then still for other S-ATK boost skills (Crazy Beat for example) will not work without Switch Strike, is it correct?

Rayden
Nov 6, 2014, 10:27 AM
This is what the website says:

The purpose of this skill is to do more damage if your S-Atk stat is much higher than your T-Atk, or to take advantage of skills that boost Melee damage but not Tech damage. For instance, Hunter's Fury Stance or Fighter skills that raise S-Atk but not T-Atk (such as Crazy Beat) or only affect melee damage (such as Chase Advance).

The first mistake here is that Fury Stance does not raise S-ATK; it's a striking damage multiplier instead. The second mistake is that you don't need Switch Strike to benefit from striking damage multipliers. Fury Stance and Chase Advance both work with jet boots already by default.

Some more mistakes...

It only says Heal Bonus affects recovery items and techs. It actually affects other sources too, like weapon potentials.

The Elemental Stance description says that Weak Stance don't work for elements with melee weapons, which isn't entirely true in the case of wands.

It says Perfect Keeper requires full HP, which is no longer the case.

The Bullet Keep description doesn't mention that it only works with Ranger weapons.

The Standing Snipe description simply states that the effect is lost in the air, which isn't entirely true. You can use it in the air if you don't move/fall at all.

It says the Tech Arts JA Bonus disappears if you use a normal attack, whereas testing from people on this forum has indicated that the effect can be maintained even if you use normal attacks (although the normal attacks themselves don't get boosted).

It says that Limit Break triggers the Crazy skills, but fails to mention that it also triggers the Slayer skills.

The description for the JA Bonus skills state that they don't apply to Wand Gear, like what is said on the Techer page. Again, this is false.

Some of the skills aren't even mentioned at all on the class pages. For example, the Force page makes no mention of Normal Tech Advance or Tech JA Advance.

The description for the Zan tech states "Targets can be struck twice per blast - once when it travels out, and again when it returns." They can actually be hit way more than two times. The Zan blades can loop around for up to 14 times.

The description for the Zanverse tech states that it gives 10% extra damage, when it actually gives 20% extra damage by default. It also states that Wind Mastery boosts it, but fails to mention any of the other skills or potentials that boost it.

And so on...

usagi2607
Nov 6, 2014, 10:50 AM
Thanks, that is quite some good to know info you got there. I wish that we had a reliable (update-to-date) English database source for these kind of information...

Shinamori
Nov 6, 2014, 11:02 AM
People have been talking about it, but no one seems assed enough to do it.

Foolish Desperado
Nov 6, 2014, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone,

I am one of the co-owners of the site. Unfortunately, many of the pages were created long before many of the big rebalances were made. In addition, I work a full-time job and don't have a whole lot of free time to devote to the site. There is a lot of data to transcribe and translate, and it's a difficult task to do when you have to keep up with old skills that are being changed along with adding new data.

That being said, you guys are right in that there is incorrect and obsolete information on the site. I'll make an effort to work on the issues already brought up by Rayden. If anyone has any other things they'd like to see addressed or added, please feel free to post in this topic and I'll look into it when I get home from work tonight.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 6, 2014, 12:33 PM
Why not just use the already accurate and tested information presented between these (http://pso2.swiki.jp/) two (http://phantasystaronline2.net/) sites? If you need to know something, just open up either/both, open up Google Translate, and check what you need. Between the two, you have a list of weapons that gets updated within a couple days of new releases, information on how damage is calculated, all the information about skills you could require, even how much damage each normal does. Why would you ever need an actual English site when you can translate the Japanese ones into English? Even machine translated, it's pretty easy to understand.

Foolish Desperado
Nov 6, 2014, 12:41 PM
We are already using the Japanese sites for reference. Both of us can read and translate Japanese. The problem is not finding the information, it's the amount of time it takes - tables need to be copied, formatting errors need to be fixed, text needs to be translated, old data needs to be updated. This needs to happen with every update, and when you're still working on doing everything from scratch while even more new content is being regularly added, it's difficult to keep up.

Ordy
Nov 6, 2014, 01:08 PM
Yeah, that's why you create a wiki with user generated data.

If you only have 2 or 3 people working on such a huge DB it's never going to work > see Cirno, it takes so long to update that lots of EN players stopped using it.

Nevertheless, if you still want to work on it, you should really change your tables to have sortable columns.

usagi2607
Nov 6, 2014, 02:29 PM
pso2.swiki.jp is a good source however not everything is clear with Google Translate. I did use it a lot but still, the descriptions of some complex skills or PAs or guidelines/tips are very difficult to understand with the auto translation. (it's not just about the numbers.. for example I didn't even known before that the number of shots of Bullet Squall can be increased by tapping the PA button - of course I can find this kind of info in this forum but it will take a lot of time go through all the posts and searching)
That's why when I found this PSO2 database site, I find it really useful and hope that it can be improved.

I understand that it's a lot of work for just 2 or 3 people to update the site. I just wonder why don't we have something like a wiki site which everyone are able edit => I think it is how pso2.swiki.jp always get the earliest and latest content. I'm not asking anything, just think it might be a good idea, that's all.

Ordy
Nov 6, 2014, 03:04 PM
I understand that it's a lot of work for just 2 or 3 people to update the site. I just wonder why don't we have something like a wiki site which everyone are able edit => I think it is how pso2.swiki.jp always get the earliest and latest content. I'm not asking anything, just think it might be a good idea, that's all.

It is a good idea, it would be awesome to have an english version of swiki. But that never worked out in the past. Different website owners using different wiki platforms, people not willing to create the tables, the copy/paste work is HUGE ... so it gets boring if you have 2 or 3 working on it and the others waiting for the job to be done.

Dependable Skeleton
Nov 6, 2014, 05:14 PM
This is what the website says:

The first mistake here is that Fury Stance does not raise S-ATK; it's a striking damage multiplier instead. The second mistake is that you don't need Switch Strike to benefit from striking damage multipliers. Fury Stance and Chase Advance both work with jet boots already by default.

Some more mistakes...

It only says Heal Bonus affects recovery items and techs. It actually affects other sources too, like weapon potentials.

The Elemental Stance description says that Weak Stance don't work for elements with melee weapons, which isn't entirely true in the case of wands.

It says Perfect Keeper requires full HP, which is no longer the case.

The Bullet Keep description doesn't mention that it only works with Ranger weapons.

The Standing Snipe description simply states that the effect is lost in the air, which isn't entirely true. You can use it in the air if you don't move/fall at all.

It says the Tech Arts JA Bonus disappears if you use a normal attack, whereas testing from people on this forum has indicated that the effect can be maintained even if you use normal attacks (although the normal attacks themselves don't get boosted).

It says that Limit Break triggers the Crazy skills, but fails to mention that it also triggers the Slayer skills.

The description for the JA Bonus skills state that they don't apply to Wand Gear, like what is said on the Techer page. Again, this is false.

Some of the skills aren't even mentioned at all on the class pages. For example, the Force page makes no mention of Normal Tech Advance or Tech JA Advance.

The description for the Zan tech states "Targets can be struck twice per blast - once when it travels out, and again when it returns." They can actually be hit way more than two times. The Zan blades can loop around for up to 14 times.

The description for the Zanverse tech states that it gives 10% extra damage, when it actually gives 20% extra damage by default. It also states that Wind Mastery boosts it, but fails to mention any of the other skills or potentials that boost it.

And so on...

hi Rayden-san, it's Justice, the other maintainer of the database. As my esteemed associate has previously stated, much of the old class data has not been updated since Episode 3 (Wand Gear now affected by JA, etc, PK) and there are many typos (WB being 250% instead of 255%, missing commas between separate thoughts). He has a job, and I just play PSO2 like it's my job instead of maintaining the website.

You have been very gracious to point out some of our errors, may I ask if you would be further gracious as to allow us to make use of some of your notes in our database? ^^; Thank you very much for your time.

Rayden
Nov 6, 2014, 05:32 PM
Sure, go ahead.

Dependable Skeleton
Nov 6, 2014, 05:36 PM
Sure, go ahead.

Oops, what I meant to say but forgot was, is it alright if we credit you? "Thanks to Rayden from PSO-World" on our main page, so people don't think it was just us.

Rayden
Nov 6, 2014, 06:28 PM
Oh. That's fine, if you want to. You don't need to though.

Dependable Skeleton
Nov 6, 2014, 06:42 PM
Oh. That's fine, if you want to. You don't need to though.

Thank you. I'm glad no one has looked at the weapons page because it is severely out of date. In my opinion, the class mechanics are far more valuable (and subject to inquiry/debate!) than weapon stats and so on. Even a JP-illiterate person can find out stat numbers and such from the Japanese resources/wikis, but may struggle with whether or not Attack Advance applies to Wand Gear. Things like that have really been my focus from the start.

On another note, it's been over a year since they changed how Indomitable Spirit potential (Ely Shionu, Last Survivor) works, but neither one of the wikis has any idea what it was changed to. The patch page from the official site didn't specify, either, it just said "adjusted potential so it no longer works identically to Hunter skill Iron Will", which is how it worked before the update. Has anyone experimented with that?

Also, does anyone care to see an errata page? HP limits (with and without AIS), damage records (Na Megid Chain Finish, Kamikaze Arrow Banish Arrow Chain Finish... actually, most of them just involve Chain Finish don't they..?), mine defense points, enemy HP lists, etc. Things you can easily get by without ever knowing, but may be points of curiosity for the souls which are helplessly PSO2-bound.

usagi2607
Nov 7, 2014, 03:03 AM
Glad to see that the site will be updated. Thanks for the hard-work. The FAQ page is awesome by the way - hope that new useful info/tips will be coming up.

Rayden
Nov 7, 2014, 04:33 PM
A few more notes, this time regarding the FAQ page.

Mine Defense: Unlike other areas, Players in Mine Defense get EXP regardless of how far away enemies are when they are defeated (unless the player is incapacitated). The same goes for drop credits, from both normal enemies and from boss gems.

Not a mistake, but this also applies to the Shironia event.

Shooting at the base towers or walls with a ranged weapon will still recover PP as if you were attacking an enemy. If using TMGs, this will also increase your gear gauge, making it a good way to start off a wave with a full gear.

You can also build dual blade gear by attacking the towers with Starling Fall.

The PP regen per hit table is missing dual blades and jet boots.

Dependable Skeleton
Nov 7, 2014, 05:49 PM
A few more notes, this time regarding the FAQ page.

Not a mistake, but this also applies to the Shironia event.

You can also build dual blade gear by attacking the towers with Starling Fall.

The PP regen per hit table is missing dual blades and jet boots.

On this note, and I am sure that I have tried it before, but I cannot for the life of me recall: does hitting towers/walls in Mine Defense with techs build Wand gear? Although now that Wand Lovers can be infinitely active, building Wand gear is not such a big deal...

Omega-z
Nov 10, 2014, 10:30 PM
@Dependable Skeleton - I've tested with Indomitable Spirit potential Lv.3 on a Last Survivor. The Proc rate for Iron Will/like-able to be around 56%. I would get it to proc 4-5 times in a row with 2-3 deaths in between and sometimes a 1 to 1 rate at times. So, it seems to have it's own .75% proc rate out side of Iron Will's. So, .75% * .75% = .56% chance to Proc. Good or Bad I'll leave that up to the person.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 10, 2014, 10:39 PM
Iron Will = 75%
Indomitable Spirit = 75%(?)

Iron Will + Indomitable Spirit = 56%

Are you sure about that?

Omega-z
Nov 11, 2014, 12:13 AM
Well , it makes sense base on my test I did, if it was lower it wouldn't proc as much or you would think so. Also based on others here with first hand witness account of IW Proc rate it's been seen to go sometimes twice in a row and maybe once in a while three. Indomitable Spirit used to be 12% and added to IW before. But I've been hearing after the change a year a go that it doesn't add with IW any more and that it has it's own trigger now. So, if it were say 30% which it could be, but one wouldn't think that it would proc as often as it has in the test I did. So, if it is 30% or 75% yay since it's still better then the 12% it used to be. Getting the IW state 5 times in 30 sec's was pretty cool to see tho.

edit: the test was using a Lv.61 Udan and putting myself in a IW situration back to back as often as I could. It made me have streaks of IW states compared to just IW alone.

Dependable Skeleton
Nov 11, 2014, 12:36 AM
The number we would hope to see would be 75% (Indomitable Spirit's probability of surviving) x 25% (the chance to get incapacitated with Iron Will Lv10) which gives us 18.75% chance to still become incapacitated with Lv3 potential and Lv10 Iron Will altogether, or 81% chance to resist incapacitation with 1 HP (assuming the 75% for Indomitable Spirit is correct).

Found a blog post saying they got Lv10 Iron Will + Lv3 Indomitable Spirit to activate 792/1000 times. Doesn't mention what their method was, but that's not too far away from 81%, the number we hope to see. I'll go ahead and add that to the potentials page, thanks for your input guys. Omega-Z, may we have your permission to credit you?

LonelyGaruga
Nov 11, 2014, 12:54 AM
Well , it makes sense base on my test I did, if it was lower it wouldn't proc as much or you would think so.

No, it doesn't make sense for the proc rate to be reduced by stacking Iron Will and Indomitable Spirit. What Skeleton said is similar to how it should be. It should be two 75% activation rates being checked, not a reduced rate. It can't be .75% * .75% because multiplying by less than one gives you a worse activation rate. That's what I was pointing out.

For the record, 100% * .25% * .25% = 6.25% chance to die, or 93.75% survival rate. So Indomitable Spirit probably isn't 75%.

Omega-z
Nov 11, 2014, 01:02 AM
@Dependable Skeleton - yeah you can. :)

Edit: @LonelyGaruga - I meant two triggers. So, yeah the X * X is wrong it should reflect a T1 + T2 state. That 56% chance is for a back to back chance for IW alone. And was thinking that the two triggers would act the same. But it could be something else since the two are separate triggers altogether. What Dependable Skeleton put down about the blog was pretty close to the same results I had. Hmm... could it be a 50% trigger maybe?

Foolish Desperado
Nov 19, 2014, 11:48 AM
Big update today.

All of the weapon data and information regarding potentials prior to the Ultimate update is now live and up-to-date on the site. In addition, we have converted the tables to Google Spreadsheets so that future table maintenance will be much simpler.

In addition, many other pages have been updated with various small fixes and changes, and I'm currently in the process of adding info on the new items and potentials from the Ultimate update, so we should hopefully have all the new data in before long.