PDA

View Full Version : Olga Flow

Bootlebat
Nov 6, 2014, 05:07 PM
2 questions:

Is it possible to dodge the attack where he has the crossbow make the green sword like thing? I tried to run away but it's faster than me.

Also on the second form he uses some attack that always kills me in one hit (I have 264 hp) how do I avoid it?

SStrikerR
Nov 6, 2014, 06:50 PM
In regards to question 1, I'm fairly sure you can. Stand as close to him as possible before the attack, and try to follow whichever direction it goes and hope it doesn't catch up. I'm not sure if this will work or not (and definitely not all the time), but I know I've avoided it before. As for his other attack, many bosses have attacks that do a set amount of damage. In those cases, you need to have at least 1 more hp than what that attack does in order to survive. Try equipping some hp units if you have them.

Kroniedon
Nov 8, 2014, 04:41 PM
1st Question - You can. I usually stand in between flow and the boundaries of the elevator platform. Not quite in the center of the platform, but somewhat close to it. If you're lucky, you can get behind it and run to the edge and follow it. This way, instead of it chasing you, you can chase it, just don't touch it.

2nd question - This move is probably Flow's Heavenly Strike (Not sure if the move actually has a name, but I'm calling it that.) The one where he brings purple light pillars down upon your noggin. It's seems like a simple and straight forward attack, but it is actually 2 stage and completely avoidable. You need a ranged weapon though if you want to keep doing consistent damage. First you have to avoid the monsters he spawns. They lay traps that affect your status. I forgot what the monsters are called (I keep wanting to call them Gratz but I'm thinking of FF8.... 0.o). They're name starts with a G though...

Anyways, avoid them. If you're in close enough proximity to flow and they trap you/modify your status, he'll use his Heavenly strike. It is very difficult to outrun, and even with 4 HP units, your chances of survival are slim. So long as you keep your distance and avoid the monsters, he'll never use that attack.

If it's his sword blitz move (again, not sure if it actually has a name.. but this name seems apt) (The move where he sends a wave of fire like light at you), hide behind a rock that falls from the ceiling. That's your best defense... just don't get hit by a falling rock.

Bootlebat
Nov 9, 2014, 10:07 AM
I managed to beat him after getting another level and more hps. He did take me down to 7 hp once though.

Neith
Nov 12, 2014, 02:24 PM
For the rotating blade it's actually easiest to dodge if you go nearer the centre. It's hard to explain but the velocity in which the outer edges (where Olga Flow himself is and the opposite end) is higher than nearer the centre. You basically have less ground to cover to complete one rotation, you just need to be careful not to go too slow or go too quickly and walk into it.

This might describe what I mean:
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/circles/u6l1a4.gif

This is also what catches out people in PSO2 when fighting Dark Falz Luther who uses a similar attack.

For the other attacks, run away and hide behind a fallen rock if he does the attack where he lifts the sword in the air and rains lasers, and for the sword shockwave you ideally want to spend most of the fight behind one of his feet.