PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Quest HD trailer

Shinamori
Nov 7, 2014, 03:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpq8ZGafmJA

Kondibon
Nov 7, 2014, 03:28 AM
Shiny. I really dig that new version of the forest music.

Might as well ask what the new unit crafts were for though. I saw something about hp and pp.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 7, 2014, 03:36 AM
Like how the piano adds a bit more eerie-ness to the theme with the added intensity... OH GOD NOT THAT MOE-BLOB SHIT!

My money is on that sword PA being the new melee hotness.

usagi2607
Nov 7, 2014, 03:38 AM
I wonder if we get "Dive Roll Shoot" by default like Step Attack or has to spend SP on it. In the vid, it is *manually* learned I think.

BubblyBoar
Nov 7, 2014, 03:38 AM
Music is too OP 4 me

Kondibon
Nov 7, 2014, 03:42 AM
My money is on that sword PA being the new melee hotness.From what people have said it's a counter PA so it probably won't be as good for pp dumping or hitting stunlocked bosses.

I wonder if we get "Dive Roll Shoot" by default like Step Attack or has to spend SP on it. In the vid, it is *manually* learned I think.Yeah it looks like we're gonna have to put an SP into it. Ranger shouldn't be THAT strapped for points though.

Xaeris
Nov 7, 2014, 03:51 AM
The testers had a ton more HP than they usually do. Wearing Zieg's units most likely. If they add that much innately, then wow.

I hope they squish the exp curve for the 60s soon.

Squal_FFVIII
Nov 7, 2014, 03:59 AM
SWORD FOH LYF3!!!

Finally sword gets something cool :D

Kondibon
Nov 7, 2014, 04:01 AM
I can't wait until that sword PA comes out and it ends up sucking if you don't use it to actually counter something.

Xaelouse
Nov 7, 2014, 04:02 AM
Sword PA needs you to manually just guard something for it to activate (see the shift action flash before the powered up slashes), It'll be useless for more than 3/4ths of the enemies in this game. It'll be amazing for falz loser/banther/dragon ex though if the powered up version is as strong as holding current.

oratank
Nov 7, 2014, 04:30 AM
Huエクスキーブ wait? what? why?

Kondibon
Nov 7, 2014, 04:35 AM
Huエクスキーブ wait? what? why?They're adding class specific excubes. They're apparently going to be used for gaining skill points after the level cap... or something. I'm not sure on the details.

Sizustar
Nov 7, 2014, 04:56 AM
So they are removing the lock on 7~9* gear too.

Rakurai
Nov 7, 2014, 05:03 AM
I'd like to hope the general purpose Naberius unit installs will work on the UQ, but they probably won't.

Vandread
Nov 7, 2014, 05:06 AM
They're adding class specific excubes. They're apparently going to be used for gaining skill points after the level cap... or something. I'm not sure on the details.
Yup. Class skill trainers (Ozha etc) will have new SP-COs, which requires those items to complete.

For completion's sake - this doesn't apply to items already bound.

I'd like to hope the general purpose Naberius unit installs will work on the UQ, but they probably won't.
The page on crafting says they added new timed abilities specifically for UQ.

Rakurai
Nov 7, 2014, 05:16 AM
The page on crafting says they added new timed abilities specifically for UQ.

Where?

I haven't seen anything mentioned other then them adding specialized unit crafts.

Xaelouse
Nov 7, 2014, 05:18 AM
Either way, destroyed Naberius should still be Naberius.

Rakurai
Nov 7, 2014, 05:25 AM
Either way, destroyed Naberius should still be Naberius.

I have doubts because of the Tower Defense quests not being considered planet Lilipa for unit install purposes.

Shinamori
Nov 7, 2014, 05:26 AM
Lock?

NoiseHERO
Nov 7, 2014, 05:27 AM
Yup. Class skill trainers (Ozha etc) will have new SP-COs, which requires those items to complete.

Oh god hitting 70/75 x however number of times they want you to do that sounds "fun"

Unless it's just repeatable for 1 SP each instead of x5 for 5 SP like I'm assuming.

Rakurai
Nov 7, 2014, 05:27 AM
Lock?

7-9* items won't be bind on equip any more.

Shinamori
Nov 7, 2014, 05:43 AM
Thank the stars.

Poyonche
Nov 7, 2014, 06:41 AM
I just wanna know if the Grind Skip (->7) will works on 13* ;_;

And I also hope it will be easy to grind and lambda grinders easy to get. :v

Kondibon
Nov 7, 2014, 06:54 AM
And I also hope it will be easy to grind and lambda grinders easy to get. :v
There's no way it's going to be both of those things, and a very slim chance that it will be one of them.

Sanguine2009
Nov 7, 2014, 06:56 AM
personally i just hope 13* can have element on them, otherwise even with their high attack they will be useless to techers due to how wand gear scales(never mind the multipliers).

Vandread
Nov 7, 2014, 07:23 AM
Where?

I haven't seen anything mentioned other then them adding specialized unit crafts.
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20141119/02/

また、時限能力インストールでは、クエストタイプ「アルティメットクエスト」で効果を発揮する時限能力デー タなどが作成可能になるぞ!

I interpreted it from that.

@Rock Eastwood:
I believe Rien said 2 SP per class max. Not sure how many cubes would be needed though.

doomdragon83
Nov 7, 2014, 07:25 AM
180k for a 3* weapon, I know you can use less fodder but has affixing ever cost that much?

Yeah it looks like we're gonna have to put an SP into it. Ranger shouldn't be THAT strapped for points though.
I mean if Step Attack is free, it would make sense that DR attack would too. I don't mind taking a point out of something but between getting something for free vs. spending an SP, I'd rather get it for free.

Is this RA only or would Gunners get it too?

Xaeris
Nov 7, 2014, 07:44 AM
It's not main class only, so no reason it shouldn't work if a gunner subs a ranger tree with it.

Shinamori
Nov 7, 2014, 07:48 AM
Saving excubes for this UQ. I love the fact that it's not gated, doesn't require special cubes, capulses, or that it's not an EQ.

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2014, 08:36 AM
The testers had a ton more HP than they usually do. Wearing Zieg's units most likely. If they add that much innately, then wow.

I hope they squish the exp curve for the 60s soon.

I actually started preparing for this, in case it does happen again. I'm hoping to get in on some delicious negative 7 digit exp for when the level cap is raised.

personally i just hope 13* can have element on them, otherwise even with their high attack they will be useless to techers due to how wand gear scales(never mind the multipliers).

I think this is part of their intent. No-element should could as an element.

I've felt for a while that the element % shouldn't be tied to having an element at all, and a weapon with no element should be able to get that extra damage boost from the %. I've also kind of hoped (only kind of because it could go terribly wrong if done wrong) that enemies gain element resistances, including a % resistance to all damage dealt by a weapon with an element they resist. Like, say, Ultimate dragons might have 30% fire resistance, so would take 30% less damage from fire techs and 30% less damage from any weapon with a fire element.

(Ideally, element weaknesses would work as they do now, otherwise we arrive in a very PSU-like scenario where weapon element matters all the time in Ultimate and I'd rather avoid that)

The problem is they could go way overboard with that, and probably would. That's why having no element would be good for some people - a weapon that's never the best, but is also never heavily penalized so it's passable.

It might be a technical problem though, so this might be them doing half of that idea - A weapon that can never get EWH and always performs the same, without sudden wild 20%-40%+ damage bonuses from EWH or Element Stance. It would be kind of silly to allow a weapon with an element stance latent to have no element. A uniquely created weapon line that never has an element could work. But, maybe I'm way off and they can get elements later...I still like the idea though.

SakoHaruo
Nov 7, 2014, 09:01 AM
Ranger step looks too dame stiff and it doesn't solve the problem when carrying a weak bullet, so I don't see it being very useful. We still have to waste pp to JA into attacks while weak bullet is loaded. If only Braver's new JA Step skill could work on Ranger's dive roll. :(

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2014, 09:06 AM
Ranger step looks too dame stiff and it doesn't solve the problem when carrying a weak bullet, so I don't see it being very useful. We still have to waste pp to JA into attacks while weak bullet is loaded. If only Braver's new JA Step skill could work on Ranger's dive roll. :(

Er, huh? Does Ranger shoot normal bullets or weak bullet when step-shooting with WB loaded?

Either way I hope it works with mechguns because that sounds super fun.

I also wish we'd get Mechgun Switch Strike because I want to try HU/GU super badly. Also ZRA should work on melee.

Shit I'm doing it again, that thing where I meander into off topic balance discussions.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 7, 2014, 09:29 AM
Er, huh? Does Ranger shoot normal bullets or weak bullet when step-shooting with WB loaded?

Either way I hope it works with mechguns because that sounds super fun.

I also wish we'd get Mechgun Switch Strike because I want to try HU/GU super badly. Also ZRA should work on melee.

Shit I'm doing it again, that thing where I meander into off topic balance discussions.

Step Shoot is for both Gunner and Ranger. ._.b

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2014, 09:33 AM
Step Shoot is for both Gunner and Ranger. ._.b

I know, but that didn't necessarily mean mechguns would get it. For all I know they considered sroll good enough and won't give mechguns an animation. It's Sega.

usagi2607
Nov 7, 2014, 09:37 AM
180k for a 3* weapon, I know you can use less fodder but has affixing ever cost that much?

I mean if Step Attack is free, it would make sense that DR attack would too. I don't mind taking a point out of something but between getting something for free vs. spending an SP, I'd rather get it for free.

Is this RA only or would Gunners get it too?

Ranger/Gunner Skill: Dive-Roll Shoot
Similar to Step Attacks but for Dive Rolls.

Bumped.org said it's a skill for Gunner and Ranger, so I guess that Gunner will get it too - might not need to sub Ranger. But everything is not 100% sure of course.

SakoHaruo
Nov 7, 2014, 09:39 AM
If Ranger step is prioritize over weak bullet then that means Ranger just got a lot easier. No more running around looking stupid when you're out of pp, just Ranger step and everything is ok. That also means PP recovery Rifles are now shit.

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2014, 09:46 AM
If Ranger step is prioritize over weak bullet then that means Ranger just got a lot easier. No more running around looking stupid when you're out of pp, just Ranger step and everything is ok. That also means PP recovery Rifles are now shit.

I think this is one of the main reasons that they're adding it. Now you can roll->attack->ja pa.

I have a feeling many people will be rolling back and forth to recover PP now though, so I'm not sure how I feel about that...that would get really tiresome and boring, really fast.

Maybe I'd rather just see players need to activate the Weak Bullet skill itself to fire WB (kind of like throwing grenades), and leave normal attacks intact. Press to load 4 bullets, press again to fire. There's a problem with which action takes priority after the cooldown wears off, though. Maybe hold the action to reload more bullets, and press to fire?

Bumped.org said it's a skill for Gunner and Ranger, so I guess that Gunner will get it too - might not need to sub Ranger. But everything is not 100% sure of course.

We know gunner is getting it, but gunner also has a rifle. Gunner getting it doesn't mean mechguns are getting it because gunner is not mechguns. Mechguns are mechguns. But that's semantics, and I'm sure mechguns will get it.

usagi2607
Nov 7, 2014, 10:09 AM
oh, I get what you meant.. you mean that Gunner might not be able to do DR attack with TMG... Maybe but we can also Dive Roll when equipping TMG, so it would make sense that DR attack will be applied for TMG as well. However there was no showcase in the vid, then we cannot be sure 100%.

NoiseHERO
Nov 7, 2014, 10:11 AM
Ah heard it was a skill they added, based on people's feed back about gunnah.

But they gave it to ranger too.

Maenara
Nov 7, 2014, 11:06 AM
inb4 Sphere Eraser is Satellite Cannon for Launchers.

Kondibon
Nov 7, 2014, 01:36 PM
inb4 Sphere Eraser is Satellite Cannon for Launchers.A satelite cannon with a shorter range than flame bullet, and drains all your PP really quickly?

Xaelouse
Nov 7, 2014, 01:40 PM
They made Dive Roll Shoot specifically to cater to Gunners demanding it for their close-quarters combat, so it'd piss off gunners even more if it doesn't work with twinmechs

Sinon
Nov 7, 2014, 01:44 PM
Akarin!

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmF7Rbe89fM[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kondibon
Nov 7, 2014, 01:48 PM
Akarin!

[SPOILER-BOX]Akarin! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmF7Rbe89fM)[/SPOILER-BOX]

http://i.imgur.com/U8Q6Blu.gif

pkemr4
Nov 7, 2014, 01:48 PM
Akarin!

[SPOILER-BOX]Akarin! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmF7Rbe89fM)[/SPOILER-BOX]

that thumbnail doe... ok thats just horrifying to look at.

doomdragon83
Nov 7, 2014, 01:57 PM
Akarin!
The Bun Bazooka is a mag? IMO, it should have been a launcher but it would probably take some effort to make it work with the PAs and I don't see Sega doing as much.

cheapgunner
Nov 7, 2014, 02:19 PM
inb4 Sphere Eraser is Satellite Cannon for Launchers.

Considering the numbers (9.9k - 11k+) from that pa with a possible high end 3* launcher equipped, I have no doubt its gonna be very powerful.

Xaelouse
Nov 7, 2014, 02:25 PM
Yeah but...well Ranger already has so many other powerful options that accomplish the same thing.

Shadowth117
Nov 7, 2014, 02:26 PM
Considering the numbers (9.9k - 11k+) from that pa with a possible high end 3* launcher equipped, I have no doubt its gonna be very powerful.

Part of Satellite Cannon's draw is that it didn't, you know, consume the entirety of your PP. So while it may be good...I really have to question its overall usefulness. It'll certainly be crowdclearer if nothing else, but we have cluster already which would probably do a better job at that.

Don't get me wrong though, it does look very cool.

Kondibon
Nov 7, 2014, 02:28 PM
Actually I think it's going to be a high DPS PP dump for those times when a boss is stunned but you don't have a lot of time to deal damage. I can't imagine it being useful for mobbing at all.

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2014, 02:47 PM
I'm thinking it'll be penetrating million storm on steroids.

Kondibon
Nov 7, 2014, 02:50 PM
I'm thinking it'll be penetrating million storm on steroids.
Million Storm already penetrates. *eyebrow wiggle*

cheapgunner
Nov 7, 2014, 03:17 PM
Part of Satellite Cannon's draw is that it didn't, you know, consume the entirety of your PP. So while it may be good...I really have to question its overall usefulness. It'll certainly be crowdclearer if nothing else, but we have cluster already which would probably do a better job at that.

Actually I think it's going to be a high DPS PP dump for those times when a boss is stunned but you don't have a lot of time to deal damage. I can't imagine it being useful for mobbing at all.

Agree with you both. Imo, I think its gonna be key when you have over 150-160+ pp and a red scorpio-ish latent launcher on hand. As soon as your pp goes below 50%, you get a boost in r-atk and the damage increases as well. With the pp mag blast Cetus Proi (?), it might be viable as a one-two punch. Besides, Sega might patch it later to reduce the pp drain cost.

I see this being more useful on weaker bosses like Rockbear and Wolgahda.

Rakurai
Nov 7, 2014, 07:25 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20141119/02/

また、時限能力インストールでは、クエストタイプ「アルティメットクエスト」で効果を発揮する時限能力デー タなどが作成可能になるぞ!

I interpreted it from that.

Hope the pre-requisites for said recipes aren't too ridiculous.

Getting an tekked 12/13* star drop would bug the heck out of me, so I want to get the untekked item drop bonus ASAP.

I suppose it's possible that the Naberius installs might still work in the UQ, and that the UQ ones are simply more effective.

Sanguine2009
Nov 7, 2014, 09:05 PM
I think this is part of their intent. No-element should could as an element.

I've felt for a while that the element % shouldn't be tied to having an element at all, and a weapon with no element should be able to get that extra damage boost from the %. I've also kind of hoped (only kind of because it could go terribly wrong if done wrong) that enemies gain element resistances, including a % resistance to all damage dealt by a weapon with an element they resist. Like, say, Ultimate dragons might have 30% fire resistance, so would take 30% less damage from fire techs and 30% less damage from any weapon with a fire element.

(Ideally, element weaknesses would work as they do now, otherwise we arrive in a very PSU-like scenario where weapon element matters all the time in Ultimate and I'd rather avoid that)

The problem is they could go way overboard with that, and probably would. That's why having no element would be good for some people - a weapon that's never the best, but is also never heavily penalized so it's passable.

It might be a technical problem though, so this might be them doing half of that idea - A weapon that can never get EWH and always performs the same, without sudden wild 20%-40%+ damage bonuses from EWH or Element Stance. It would be kind of silly to allow a weapon with an element stance latent to have no element. A uniquely created weapon line that never has an element could work. But, maybe I'm way off and they can get elements later...I still like the idea though.

a large part of wand gears damage comes from the elemental % itself. even without taking into account elemental weakness and the resulting modifiers wand gears damage would be cut quite a bit. taking into account the lost Atk from no element, the lost modifiers, the lower base power wand gear, and probably mediocre latent compared to a type destroyer latent one and you have a weapon that might break even with what we have right now at best despite having twice the on paper attack. its crafted weapons all over again.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 7, 2014, 11:12 PM
We don't know for a fact if 13*s won't have an element attached to them yet. Not enough information to form reasonable assumptions. All the evidence for it is a single image of a 13* with no element.

Rares used to drop with a chance to not have an element. That could be the case with 13*s.
13*s may always drop non-elemental, but have a system to add an element to them.
13*s might always drop with or without an element, with each one individualized, and the non-elemental ones having higher stats to compensate.
The trailer might have shown outdated information. This has happened in the past, such as with Barbarlilipans (originally shown to have a Fire/Wind weakness, they're weak to Lightning in-game).

Etc etc. No reason to form a bunch of assumptions based on nothing just to have something to complain about.

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2014, 11:59 PM
I actually like the idea of some weapons having no element, but that hinges on actually needing/wanting that for some reason.

If enemies resist weapons with elements, or if the weapons are stronger on builds that don't use EWH/ES (and clearly weaker on EWH/ES builds), I like it. The base damage seems to indicate this might be the case, but we're due for some number creep anyway so that could just be the new baseline in ultimate/extra hard.

Rien
Nov 8, 2014, 05:53 AM

I'm going to straight up build around Sphere Eraser just to see how effective one can actually be with it.

I'm pretty much expecting million storm levels of shit, but since this is an Ultimate Quest only PA... Oh right, Million Storm is from SHAQ, and Chase Arrow is shit.

Bows seriously need a buff right now since anything other than banish/last nemesis/kamikaze arrow is pure trash. Bow BRs are worse than Gunners.

Vampy
Nov 8, 2014, 06:13 AM
I noticed something we all know 13*s upon grinding bind, but did anyone notice they do not bind while they are in your pallete?

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 8, 2014, 07:37 AM
I noticed something we all know 13*s upon grinding bind, but did anyone notice they do not bind while they are in your pallete?

They didn't show any footage of them placing the 13* weapons on the palette, so it may still bind.

Vampy
Nov 8, 2014, 07:56 AM
Look at it when its being grinded it's already on the pallete.

http://i.imgur.com/yoXisjo.png

Boodendorf
Nov 8, 2014, 03:47 PM
Oh my, that AIS laser type of PA for the launcher will make me play with it much, MUCH more. I cannot wait!

Shadowth117
Nov 8, 2014, 04:16 PM
I'm pretty much expecting million storm levels of shit, but since this is an Ultimate Quest only PA... Oh right, Million Storm is from SHAQ, and Chase Arrow is shit.

Bows seriously need a buff right now since anything other than banish/last nemesis/kamikaze arrow is pure trash. Bow BRs are worse than Gunners.

I wouldn't say they don't have their place given the power of a RaBr with a bow on bosses. I don't think that most weapons were meant to be used for everything, though there are obvious exceptions. You do make a good point that applies to many PA's and a number of techs which is that they are shit. There are way too many attacks that were put into the game with no realistic ingame usage honestly considered. I think we're both aware one could write quite an essay about bows alone regarding that, much less everything else. Even the weapons that do do "everything" generally only use 3-4 PA's while the others remain dirt tier.

Reyva
Nov 8, 2014, 06:04 PM
I'm always excited when I see new updates for this game, but for some reason, its not enough for me to log in and play it. I guess I have to have Axes, SUVs, Beast and Nanoblast, and Human with dual wielding axes to actually log in and play :-?

Nice update regardless

Maenara
Nov 8, 2014, 06:09 PM
I'm always excited when I see new updates for this game, but for some reason, its not enough for me to log in and play it. I guess I have to have Axes, SUVs, Beast and Nanoblast, and Human with dual wielding axes to actually log in and play :-?

Nice update regardless

The struggle is real.

Shinamori
Nov 8, 2014, 06:15 PM
If we get Axes, I'm so making Barbatos.

Kondibon
Nov 8, 2014, 06:22 PM
If it's pp efficient to any degree, even slightly less than pp efficient, it's going to be the strongest PP dump in the game period.

That still leave room for them to botch it though.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Nov 8, 2014, 07:05 PM
If we get Axes, I'm so making Barbatos.

Anytime you see someone in your party use an item start spamming NO ITEMS EVERRRRR until they leave the party.

xervah
Nov 8, 2014, 07:45 PM
Anytime you see someone in your party use an item start spamming NO ITEMS EVERRRRR until they leave the party.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivpJXDwlvIA[/SPOILER-BOX]

anyway... i think it's already have Axes ingame... forgot the name. :/

NoiseHERO
Nov 8, 2014, 08:02 PM
Not the cool kinds tho

Nikoshae
Nov 8, 2014, 08:15 PM

Like Bol Rados after you shoot it with the stun gun. That guy never stays down for long lol

Sizustar
Nov 8, 2014, 08:22 PM
Like Bol Rados after you shoot it with the stun gun. That guy never stays down for long lol

How long he stays depend on the number of people on screen, if it's just one player, he should stay long enough to be killed with one hook.

LordKaiser
Nov 9, 2014, 02:01 AM
SEGA creating more inventory hell to force you to buy premium or rent storage..... I'm eliminating all AQ stones since most stone weapons are trash now. I will only leave the EX stones to make Bio weapons. I'm thinking of getting rid of crafting materials as well since I pretty much don't craft anything.

Rien
Nov 9, 2014, 02:06 AM
I wouldn't say they don't have their place given the power of a RaBr with a bow on bosses. I don't think that most weapons were meant to be used for everything, though there are obvious exceptions. You do make a good point that applies to many PA's and a number of techs which is that they are shit. There are way too many attacks that were put into the game with no realistic ingame usage honestly considered. I think we're both aware one could write quite an essay about bows alone regarding that, much less everything else. Even the weapons that do do "everything" generally only use 3-4 PA's while the others remain dirt tier.

But gunners also have chain and they're a lot better at mobbing.