PDA

View Full Version : Adding Abilities?

Kiyumi
Nov 7, 2014, 07:18 PM
Today I +10d a Loser units set and replaced my shouldot set bought with excubes. So now I have to add abilities? affix? And I have no idea what Im doing ^^;

I tried buying some quartz soul stuff to put on there but then I ending up losing abilities lol so Im guessing thats not a good way to do it. I need to do this because switching sets made me lose over 150 HP.

I also found a Heretic WL so Ill use that, should I fix this too? It has Mutation I, Tech II, Freeze V, and Lucky Rise so I need to get rid of the Tech II.

Whats the best way to affix this stuff? I would like Quartz Soul, Spirita, Stamina, and Power I think.

Sizustar
Nov 7, 2014, 07:38 PM
Use the simulator to see the success chance are.
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/dudu/

Kiyumi
Nov 7, 2014, 07:46 PM
Use the simulator to see the success chance are.
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/dudu/

Im sorry but this doesnt help me. If I could see an updated guide on how to affix stuff, or if someone could explain step by step the best way to do it that would help. If there is a thread of someone bragging about their affix success and how they did it that would be helpful too.

I dont know if Im supposed to buy fodder with "Body I" or some other junk then try to put Quartz Souls onto the fodder, then I use that on my weapon? Or do I try to buy Quartz Soul fodder and put it directly on the weapon? But then my weapon has other trash like Body I and I dont know how to get rid of it.

Ordy
Nov 7, 2014, 07:52 PM
Then read this, some numbers are outdated but at least you'll get the gist of it:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196573

Selphea
Nov 7, 2014, 08:20 PM
You're a week late - grind boost was last week. However, Quartz/Pow/Spi/Stam is indeed a cheap and (relatively) easy 4 slot. With a higher budget and skill level to avoid hits you could do Quartz/Pow/Spi/(Power or Spirita Boost).

It's okay though, Loser is an intermediate set so it makes sense to affix it for mid-level play and reserve the expensive stuff for Saiki or the next 11* set.

Anyway, to Quartz/Pow/Stam/Spirita from 1 slot:

Step 1a (If target piece < 3 slots): Put Quartz Soul on target piece

Target Piece + Quartz Soul fodder + Soul Receptor fodder = 2-Slot Target Piece with Quartz Soul

Note: Attempt only when soul receptor <50k
Note 2: Put React 1 or Mind 1 or some other easy to affix lv1 ability in the second slot. This will be referred to as "Junk" from here on
Note 3: Use a 10% Booster

Budget: 10k (Quartz Fodder) + 50k (Soul Receptor) + 25k (Affix attempt) = 85k

Step 1b (If target piece >= 3 slots): Put Quartz Soul on target piece

Target Piece + Quartz Soul Fodder + Quartz Soul fodder = 3-slot target piece with Quartz Soul

Note: If target piece gets nuked down to 2 slots, go to Step 1a
Note 2: Use a 10% Booster
Note 3: If target piece has 4 or more slots of junk, merge it with Ability 3 until it gets cut down to size
Note 4: Optionally, merge target piece with Ability 3 at 3 slots to cut it down to 2 slots. The idea is you don't want to be working with 3-slot components - especially soul receptors - when you are building the basic piece as they are considerably more expensive.

Budget: 10k (Quartz Fodder) + 10k (Quartz Fodder) + 25k (Affix) = 45k

Step 2: Make Pow3/Spirita 3 Fodder

Pow 3 fodder + Spirita 3 fodder + Quartz Soul fodder = Pow 3/Spirita 3 fodder (optionally Junk if Step 1B was successful)

Note: Use a 10% Booster

Budget: 50k (Pow3) + 50k (Spi3) + 10k (Quartz) + 10k (Affix) = 120k

Step 3: Merge Target Piece with Fodder

Target Piece + Pow 3/Spirita 3 fodder from Step 2 + Soul Receptor = Quartz/Pow 3/Spirita 3

Note: Use a 10% Booster

Budget: 100k (Receptor) + 25k (Affix) = 125k

Step 4: Make Stamina Fodder

2S Stamina Soul* + 2S Stamina Soul + 2S Stam 3 = Stamina Soul/Stam 3/Junk

Note: Stamina soul as in any soul that boosts Stamina. Get two of the same soul. I suggest Chrome Soul since the current event has Chrome Dragon but check prices of all Stamina Souls per Cirnopedia (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/abilities.php#souls) if you want to save money)
Note 2: Use a 10% Booster

Budget: 10k (Soul) + 10k (Soul) + 50k (Stam3) + 10k (Affix) = 80k

Step 5: Merge Stamina Fodder into Main Piece

Target Piece + Stamina Fodder + Soul Receptor = Quartz/Pow/Stamina/Spirita

Note: Use a 30% Booster

Budget: 400k (Receptor) + 25k (Affix) = 425k

Total Budget

85k + 120k + 125k = 325k + 80k + 425k = 1.16 million per unit, 3.48 million for full unit set.

During Grind Boost I multiply by 2 to account for retries. Outside grind boost I'd multiply by 3 = 10.44 million. Also 180 Excubes in reserve, but you should hopefully never need to reach that amount.

This is a generously-allocated budget based on the highest price you should expect to pay for each component. If a component you want is over that price, wait till it drops.

Kiyumi
Nov 7, 2014, 08:51 PM
Im sorry what is a Soul Receptor?

And what does it mean to "merge with Ability III"?

Kiyumi
Nov 7, 2014, 08:52 PM
Then read this, some numbers are outdated but at least you'll get the gist of it:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196573
Thanks. The posts near the end of the thread were really helpful. The guide itself was a bit outdated and confusing (and had a bunch of irrelevant stuff), which is why I was hoping there was another one.

Selphea
Nov 7, 2014, 08:58 PM
Soul Receptor is a PSO2es affix that gives you a 100% chance to affix a Soul. Otherwise it's 50% when you have 2 souls or 80% with all 3 pieces having souls. You can buy it from player shops.

It's an expensive affix but saves a lot of retries. In 2 weeks when they allow 5 fodders, Soul Receptor won't be as necessary as you can use triple souls in your fodder to get an 80%. One option to consider is to wait for that update.

Kiyumi
Nov 7, 2014, 09:24 PM
Soul Receptor is a PSO2es affix that gives you a 100% chance to affix a Soul. Otherwise it's 50% when you have 2 souls or 80% with all 3 pieces having souls. You can buy it from player shops.

It's an expensive affix but saves a lot of retries. In 2 weeks when they allow 5 fodders, Soul Receptor won't be as necessary as you can use triple souls in your fodder to get an 80%. One option to consider is to wait for that update.

Oh I see. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain the steps. Im bookmarking this thread.

Seeing all the steps (and cost) that go into it, Im a bit overwhelmed. Actually a lot overwhelmed. I think I might just go for 2 affixes first so I can understand what Im doing. The weapon is more important anyway.

I think Ill wait for that update and read some more threads to see what other people are doing with it before I spend all my money. Thank you Selphia ^^

Selphea
Nov 7, 2014, 09:53 PM
Np and I missed the question on Ability 3.

What I mean with Ability 3 is, when you try to affix Ability 3 by itself, it has a 10% chance of success, i.e. 90% chance of failing and losing an affix. Furthermore, Ability 3 is quite common and cheap to find.

That means if you have a piece with too many slots which makes it expensive to work with, you can drop it down by combining it with Ability 3.

For example, if your item has 4 slots with Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk, you can combine it with another 4 slot item that's Ability 3/Junk/Junk/Junk. Pick Ability 3 as one of the desired affixes and you have a 90% chance to drop it down to 3 slot - or more if your other affixes aren't 100%.

Kiyumi
Nov 7, 2014, 10:02 PM
Np and I missed the question on Ability 3.

What I mean with Ability 3 is, when you try to affix Ability 3 by itself, it has a 10% chance of success, i.e. 90% chance of failing and losing an affix. Furthermore, Ability 3 is quite common and cheap to find.

That means if you have a piece with too many slots which makes it expensive to work with, you can drop it down by combining it with Ability 3.

For example, if your item has 4 slots with Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk, you can combine it with another 4 slot item that's Ability 3/Junk/Junk/Junk. Pick Ability 3 as one of the desired affixes and you have a 90% chance to drop it down to 3 slot - or more if your other affixes aren't 100%.

I see, so Ability III is used if I want to reduce the number of affixes because it fails.

One more question, I saved a bunch of Quartz Soul weapons with a lot of affixes (4-7) from a recent Lilipa event quest. Are these useful for anything? Can I extract the Quartz Soul from them?

Selphea
Nov 7, 2014, 10:12 PM
Save them :p

I expect they will be in high demand with 5 fodders. They're useful for making high slot count fodders.

Alternatively, the 5 fodder update will also allow them to be used to affix lower slot items. But 4-7 slot Quartz is worth a lot more than 1-3 slot. You are better off checking prices and selling them in 2 weeks, then buying cheap 1-3 slot souls.

Perfect Chaos
Nov 7, 2014, 11:50 PM

For example, if your item has 4 slots with Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk, you can combine it with another 4 slot item that's Ability 3/Junk/Junk/Junk. Pick Ability 3 as one of the desired affixes and you have a 90% chance to drop it down to 3 slot - or more if your other affixes aren't 100%.Couldn't you just select less abilities when you decide which affixes to transfer, in order to reduce the number of slots? I don't think they force you to select at least as many abilities as the amount that your base already has.

Rain Walker
Nov 8, 2014, 12:01 AM
Couldn't you just select less abilities when you decide which affixes to transfer, in order to reduce the number of slots? I don't think they force you to select at least as many abilities as the amount that your base already has.

Nope. You can't select less abilities in order to reduce the number of slots :no: In order to do that you'll have to either get an ability with helluva low chance or pray your 60-70% or lower fail.

And it's somehow bloody harder than increasing the slots :-?

wefwq
Nov 8, 2014, 12:03 AM
Pic related
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/cHLPX.png[/spoiler-box]

Kiyumi
Nov 8, 2014, 12:18 AM
LOL at this guide, its really helpful but I couldnt help but laugh at the end when it told me that Im shit

"YOUR" not "YOU'RE" sigh

No but really Im saving this, and coming back here when I affix my shit

Sizustar
Nov 8, 2014, 07:59 AM
Pic related
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/cHLPX.png[/spoiler-box]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/6TJxUFk.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

GreenArcher
Nov 8, 2014, 12:30 PM
The comic sans gets me everytime

wefwq
Nov 8, 2014, 12:45 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/6TJxUFk.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Epik gaide bruh xDxd

Why dont you post how to 5s you're shit instead

WildarmsRE5
Nov 9, 2014, 01:32 PM
FYI, not that this is important or anything.

if you want a Ability III affix, you can do it by having Power III, Shoot III and Tech III in the affix pool, this gives it a 60% chance (base, without boost sticks or boost day) which is way better than using 3 Ability III fodders.

with 30% boost stick, you can reach 90%, now you only have 10% of RNG screwing over you, and most 90% doesn't end well too.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/cAG2oGH.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

note: Power III and Spirita III are 100% actually, the affix simulator is outdated, is there a new one out there?

note 2: found the new sim. I'm outdated. . .