PDA

View Full Version : What to expect on November 19?

Manta Oyamada
Nov 8, 2014, 01:50 PM
New info on the updates

1. Level Cap to 75!

- Yes fellow Arks, its time again to grind every classes of your waifu(s) and husbando(s)!

2. Excube Level Cap Reward nerf from 2 to 1

- Well yeah there you go, we're used to be rewarded with 2 cubes per bonus cap but yeah get used to it now when it gets implemented.

3. New "Deadly" Photon Arts!

- Yay! New PAs and they do look deadly and I hope they are as good as they look. Here are the names of the upcoming PAs & Techs:

~ Hunter Sword PA
イグナイトパリング (Ignite Parrying)

~ Fighter Knuckles PA
ハートレスインパクト (Heartless Impact)

~ Ranger Launcher PA
スフィアイレイザー (Sphere Eraser)

~ Braver Bullet Bow PA
チェイスアロウ (Chase Arrow)

~ Bouncer Jet Boots PA
ヴィントジーカー (Vintovka)
~ New Technique (Obtainable via Claris Cray's CO)
ザンデオン (Zandeon)

4. New Class Skills

- So yeah expect a new All Skill Reset Pass on this next huge update.
A. Hunter Skill: All Guard (Main Class Only) - Guard in all directions
B. Braver Skill: Snatch JA Combo - Perform JA during Snatch Step
C. Braver Skill: Quick Mate - Speed when intaking Mates increased
D. Techter Skill: Reverser Field (Main Class Only) - Reviving Field
E. Ranger Skill: Dive-Roll Shoot - Shoot while performing a Dive-Roll
F. Gunner Skill: One More Time - Recharges Show Time Quickly

5. General Changes

~ Interface Improvements
~ You can now change accessories outside of the Beauty Salon
~ It is now easier to know the location of incapacitated players.
~ Receive FUN when you revive others.
~ Multi Party Player List
~ Group people on the friends list by color.

6. NPC Changes & Others

~ Klaris Krays now as NPC with Client Orders at the Lobby
~ Zieg now with Standard COs with his very own 11-star shop
~ Level 4 Crafting Room Goods
~ Affixing to weapons/units now changed from 3 to 5!

7. Ultimate Mode

~ Lv.70 up to Lv.80 Mobs and Bosses
~ Does not require tickets/capsules to start this quests
~ Only meant for those who have reached the level cap
~ Received EXPs are low
~ Expect 12-Star Weapons including 13-Star Weapons!
~ Darker Yugas to appear in Ultimate Mode
~ Unique Enemy Types in Ultimate Mode
~ New Abilty - Ultimate Buster
~ Lambda Grinders exclusively for 13-Star Weapons!

8. New Bosses

~ The Mythical Beast Boss - ディアボイグリシス (Diaboi Grisyth)
~ Darker Yuga Boss - アンガ・ファンダージ (Anga Fandarge)

9. New Difficulty: Extra Hard Mode

~ Available on selected Emergency Quests
~ Enemies up to Lv.80!
~ Requires Lv.70 Characters to participate!
~ New 12-Star Weapons!
~ Enemies will have new attack random patterns!

10. AC Scratches & Collabs

~ Yuttari Recreation Scratch Catalog
~ Includes Yuru Yuri Collaboration!
~ New PSO2 Arks AC Costumes and more!

by junko

Skyly
Nov 8, 2014, 01:53 PM
Lots of info. But can you edit this post. It's like a mountain of text with no numerical spacing. It'll be way easier on the eyes.

Arksenth
Nov 8, 2014, 01:55 PM
I keep saying this but Reverser Field better not be the only new skill they give TE, or I'll Zondeel the entire SEGA office and then smack!

-sparkles prettily-

Kondibon
Nov 8, 2014, 02:01 PM
I'm pretty sure the reason they're dropping the excubes you get from leveling down to 1 is because they're going to be class specific excubes you can use for skill points now. There might be a way to turn them into normal excubes though.

Maenara
Nov 8, 2014, 02:31 PM
I keep saying this but Reverser Field better not be the only new skill they give TE, or I'll Zondeel the entire SEGA office and then smack!

-sparkles prettily-

They also get Reverser Bonus. So you're good to go.

Kondibon
Nov 8, 2014, 02:36 PM
So a thought just crossed my mind... do fields stay when you're dead? I assume they don't but if they do Reverse Field just turned into a tanking skill...

pkemr4
Nov 8, 2014, 02:42 PM
>1 excube when leveling up instead of 2

SakoHaruo
Nov 8, 2014, 02:44 PM
~ Receive FUN when you revive others.

http://i.imgur.com/sp0NNcF.gif

INNOVATION.

Kondibon
Nov 8, 2014, 02:51 PM

I'm pretty sure the reason they're dropping the excubes you get from leveling down to 1 is because they're going to be class specific excubes you can use for skill points now. There might be a way to turn them into normal excubes though.
http://i.imgur.com/AEDyXrG.png

Hexxy
Nov 8, 2014, 02:53 PM

But the new excubes let you get skill points (to what limit, who knows). Still, 1000x better than getting 2 normal excubes.

Shadowth117
Nov 8, 2014, 02:58 PM
But the new excubes let you get skill points (to what limit, who knows). Still, 1000x better than getting 2 normal excubes.

Wat? Source please.

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2014, 02:59 PM
Watch the excube sp cap be unlimited but reset to 0 extra sp when you reset your tree, the level cap is raised, and when you change classes (main or sub).

Shadowth117
Nov 8, 2014, 03:03 PM
I do see the stuff about extra SP on bumped now that I look at it. But damn.

Watch the excube sp cap be unlimited but reset to 0 extra sp when you reset your tree, the level cap is raised, and when you change classes (main or sub).

Well jesus dude, reset or not, can you imagine having a filled out force or techer tree? Although I doubt it will truly be unlimited given Sega's lust for skill tree limitations here in order get people to purchase more.

Edit: Inb4 people complaining about having spent money on extra skill trees if it really is limitless though.

Fusionxglave
Nov 8, 2014, 03:22 PM
The excubes are going to be 1 now However, you can use that one excube to level up skills.

Is that correct? becuase that is what I am getting from the conversation.

If that is correct. Hunter is going to be tough subclass and Force shall be the apocalypses for bosses.

wefwq
Nov 8, 2014, 03:23 PM
Then what about recycle cube?
Is there going to be multiple cubes then?

Sayara
Nov 8, 2014, 03:26 PM
I'm expecting to go AKARIN and disappear.

Vandread
Nov 8, 2014, 03:34 PM
Well jesus dude, reset or not, can you imagine having a filled out force or techer tree? Although I doubt it will truly be unlimited given Sega's lust for skill tree limitations here in order get people to purchase more.

Edit: Inb4 people complaining about having spent money on extra skill trees if it really is limitless though.
Rien mentioned in the thread related to the previous livestream about this that it was going to be 2 SP per class maximum. I've not found any way of confirming this (text wise that is - on some site or so).

You can recycle them into normal excubes.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 8, 2014, 03:35 PM
If Sega said that those points are unlimited, it'd be nuts. The grinding would commence. Full skill tree, all points. Nothing will stop us.

Well, except for the billions of exp we'd have to get.

Literally billions.

edit: ninja'd

Maenara
Nov 8, 2014, 03:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Anga Fandarge isn't a darker. Especially not a Yuga-type darker given that that's clearly not an insect.

Gama
Nov 8, 2014, 03:50 PM
they will probbly cap it at 5.

GoldGenII
Nov 8, 2014, 03:58 PM

Agreed. Maxing out trees sounds too silly even for SEGA. However... 10 more SP. Things are about to get worse, Ultimate or not.

Shadowth117
Nov 8, 2014, 04:04 PM
Rien mentioned in the thread related to the previous livestream about this that it was going to be 2 SP per class maximum. I've not found any way of confirming this (text wise that is - on some site or so).

2 sounds like a strange number to leave off on. I won't say its not useful, but it seems a little dumb. I guess if nothing else it would even out stuff that's spent on 1 SP skills.

2 also just seems extremely low if its supposed to be given every single level up. Its like they don't expect people to level up a crapton just by playing normally.

Sinon
Nov 8, 2014, 04:16 PM
I hope they put 12★-13★ Twin Machineguns <.<

pkemr4
Nov 8, 2014, 04:22 PM

there was a 13* tmg being used in the hd trailer...

Poyonche
Nov 8, 2014, 04:46 PM
No more info on 13* grinding ? (ex: risk)

Shadowth117
Nov 8, 2014, 05:01 PM
No more info on 13* grinding ? (ex: risk)

Nothing seems to be listed right now. They could make that go a lot of different ways so we'll just have to see.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 8, 2014, 05:03 PM

This. But even then, that 5 SP would be very nice, very nice indeed.

Dnd
Nov 8, 2014, 05:03 PM

in the trailer they showed both 12 and 13* twin mechs if im not mistaken, also..

~ Affixing to weapons/units now changed from 3 to 5! <-- this is 2 -> 5 fodders, for a total of 3 -> 6 if your counting it that way

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2014, 05:15 PM
It'd be cool if they added a class shop, where you bought this SP, among other potential goodies. Things like +1 trap for trap skills, or -15% cooldown for war cry, or fast fistpumps for fighter stances, just stuff like that. You'd buy the bonuses with the class cubes.

Hexxy
Nov 8, 2014, 05:16 PM
Wat? Source please.

It's on the latest entry on Bumped.

[SPOILER-BOX]The level cap will be raised to 75, with the subclass EXP cap at level 55! Having enough EXP to ‘level up’ in this cap will grant you with new types of EXCubes pertaining to your class. These class based EXCubes are used to acquire skill point rewards from class trainer NPCs like Risa, Marlu, or Ohza.[/SPOILER-BOX]

It'd be cool if they added a class shop, where you bought this SP, among other potential goodies. Things like +1 trap for trap skills, or -15% cooldown for war cry, or fast fistpumps for fighter stances, just stuff like that. You'd buy the bonuses with the class cubes.

I love when games do this. Especially when going past cap adds some extra effect. Sega lazy though.

Shinamori
Nov 8, 2014, 05:29 PM
They're probably more new weapon on UQ, they never show ALL the weapon drops.

Xaelouse
Nov 8, 2014, 05:42 PM
Information on new skills always seem half-assed.
Well anyway, Bouncer is getting a skill called Field Remain that allows field buffs to carry on longer for players that leave the field.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 8, 2014, 05:55 PM
~ It is now easier to know the location of incapacitated players.

[SPOILER-BOX]Händel Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus - YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sacrificial
Nov 8, 2014, 07:47 PM

New crafting skills confirmed only for max lv crafters

BIG OLAF
Nov 8, 2014, 07:59 PM

Yeah, what the fuck is the point of that "nerf?" It's stupid.

http://i.imgur.com/sp0NNcF.gif

INNOVATION.

I hate to say it, but this reaction gif made me chuckle.

None other besides Giga's have ever done such a thing.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Nov 8, 2014, 10:49 PM
so in otherwords another difficulty that's only going to last 10 levels don't worry sometime next year they'll come out with ultra super hard then ultra very super hard then godly ultra very super hard and it will keep going til 200 is the cap with a difficulty every 10 levels

doomdragon83
Nov 8, 2014, 11:37 PM
[spoiler-box]Händel Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus - YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU)[/spoiler-box]
Nothing to celebrate, if you're on the ground, people will either have tunnel vision and still not notice you or continue to ignore you and keep attacking until whatever E.trial/boss is dead, after that, maybe they'll revive you. It'll be business as usual, this new addition will not change anything.

I'm glad you get FUN points for reviving, wish this was always the case though, I could have had a lot more FUN than what I got now. Then again, this does open up the possibility of boosting or people purposely getting killed to let someone else revive them and get FUN. Question is who would actually do that?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 9, 2014, 12:30 AM
~ Affixing to weapons/units now changed from 3 to 5!

by junko

Might want to clear this up.

*useable fodder to affix the target equipment changed from 2 to 5*

oratank
Nov 9, 2014, 01:03 AM
I'm glad you get FUN points for reviving, wish this was always the case though, I could have had a lot more FUN than what I got now. Then again, this does open up the possibility of boosting or people purposely getting killed to let someone else revive them and get FUN. Question is who would actually do that?

it will has point cap per day. like other fun generator

wahahaha
Nov 9, 2014, 01:10 AM
13* katana and that sward

Atlantis419
Nov 9, 2014, 01:53 AM
If that new katana they showed is indeed the yamigarasu, I sure hope it's latent has at least a 5% chance of instant incapacitation. Would be nice anyway to keep some form of its old special.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 9, 2014, 02:00 AM
I'm pretty sure Anga Fandarge isn't a darker. Especially not a Yuga-type darker given that that's clearly not an insect.

Bumped stated that Anga Fandarge was a "Distorted Creature", but there's no evidence to support that the Yuga suffix is exclusive to insect darkers. There hasn't been any other darker variant that has a UQ equivalent yet, so no precedence to work with.

wefwq
Nov 9, 2014, 02:45 AM
I'm expecting to be crushed once again by mighty Dudu.

But damn, i want new weapon so bad, i hope this UQ and XHEQ has decent drop rate.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 9, 2014, 03:07 AM
please do have like .05% drop rates, I'm a masochist lately due to Mon-Hunting.

the bitter truth about what I like in this game is getting screwed by RNG all day.

then there's my Kanmusu Collection.

the harder it is to get, the more satisfied you will feel once you get it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 9, 2014, 03:25 AM

the bitter truth about what I like in this game is getting screwed by RNG all day.

:bondage:

Shadowth117
Nov 9, 2014, 03:30 AM

:bondage:

This^

Tivor
Nov 9, 2014, 03:53 AM
If you'd like things to be more MonHun like, the bosses would need to last more than 6 minutes at least. Specially in point gathering EQs.

Sizustar
Nov 9, 2014, 03:56 AM
I'm expecting to be crushed once again by mighty Dudu.

But damn, i want new weapon so bad, i hope this UQ and XHEQ has decent drop rate.

UQ I believe only offer drops of 10~13*

WildarmsRE5
Nov 9, 2014, 04:13 AM
If you'd like things to be more MonHun like, the bosses would need to last more than 6 minutes at least. Specially in point gathering EQs.nah, the only thing similar is, making us hunt the boss over and over to get what we want.

In Monster Hunter, it's usually until you get enough materials to make your armor/weapon

In PSO2, (which is feel is more :whip:) makes you hunt it till it drops, and it never ends well.

BUT I WUB IT!

Rakurai
Nov 9, 2014, 04:16 AM
I do hope they'll be making it easier to grind 11* and 12* gear, now that the latter are being pushed as the new standard for max level players.

Shadowth117
Nov 9, 2014, 05:08 AM

Wait seriously? That sounds awesome if its true. It'd be amazing to be able to farm a mission that doesn't have trolly dirt drops all over the place.

Kondibon
Nov 9, 2014, 05:13 AM
Wait seriously? That sounds awesome if its true. It'd be amazing to be able to farm a mission that doesn't have trolly dirt drops all over the place.
You say that like half the stuff isn't going to be trolly dirt drops anyway.

Shinamori
Nov 9, 2014, 05:30 AM
But them cubes though.

Rien
Nov 9, 2014, 05:42 AM

Only because the mobs have new names and thus do not count for the old ones.

It's a whole new droptable!

Vandread
Nov 9, 2014, 06:22 AM
2 sounds like a strange number to leave off on. I won't say its not useful, but it seems a little dumb. I guess if nothing else it would even out stuff that's spent on 1 SP skills.
I quite agree. :/ 2 SP just sounds odd, as well... I think it's quite in human nature to 'like' rounded numbers. 5 and 10's just sound more attractive, psychologically.

2 also just seems extremely low if its supposed to be given every single level up. Its like they don't expect people to level up a crapton just by playing normally.
We don't have any idea yet whatsoever exactly what the ratio is going to be. It doesn't have to be 1:1 ratio on ClassExCube to ClassSkillPoint. Could also be something like 10:1 or 20:1 or...

What I'm kind of interested in is what happens when the level cap gets raised again. You'd probably not be able to 'catch up' on missing SP until you hit the cap and grind out the entire previous bonuses to SP then. It... sort of contradicts anything they've done - most changes made previously all made it actually easier to catch up, not harder. *scratch* They probably thought this through, I guess... probably. It's just 2 SP now, but who knows what they got planned after. Once it hits something like 10SP or so, it starts making a more notable difference.

NoiseHERO
Nov 9, 2014, 07:41 AM
Wait so can you adjust the accessories outside the esta too? or just flicker em on and off?

If not... then damn won't be able to abuse that new function.

Sizustar
Nov 9, 2014, 07:48 AM
Wait so can you adjust the accessories outside the esta too? or just flicker em on and off?

If not... then damn won't be able to abuse that new function.

Only equip, you still need to use the Este shop to adjust them.

wefwq
Nov 9, 2014, 07:57 AM
I quite agree. :/ 2 SP just sounds odd, as well... I think it's quite in human nature to 'like' rounded numbers. 5 and 10's just sound more attractive, psychologically.

We don't have any idea yet whatsoever exactly what the ratio is going to be. It doesn't have to be 1:1 ratio on ClassExCube to ClassSkillPoint. Could also be something like 10:1 or 20:1 or...

What I'm kind of interested in is what happens when the level cap gets raised again. You'd probably not be able to 'catch up' on missing SP until you hit the cap and grind out the entire previous bonuses to SP then. It... sort of contradicts anything they've done - most changes made previously all made it actually easier to catch up, not harder. *scratch* They probably thought this through, I guess... probably. It's just 2 SP now, but who knows what they got planned after. Once it hits something like 10SP or so, it starts making a more notable difference.

Looking back on how they want us grind like hell in AQ and XQ to get welfare stuff, it is safe to speculate that 1 SP require like 10+ cubes.
But i really hope they didn't go overboard with this.

gigawuts
Nov 9, 2014, 09:51 AM
Only equip, you still need to use the Este shop to adjust them.

Gah, I was worried about this. Still, it means I can do stuff like put on joke accessories or outfit-specific accessories and take them off without having to hit the este shop, so it'll serve the one purpose I actually cared about. Running to the este shop to put on a pareo, then having to leave it on until I went there again, was bad.

Anyway, for UQ drops, every time they add a new area they cram it full of year-old drops in the lower difficulties. I have no reason to believe they'll do any different in UQs - lots of old drops, only 1-3 new weapon sets (and frequently one of the sets is a 9* set in VH).

LonelyGaruga
Nov 9, 2014, 12:07 PM

Is there a souce for this?

Punisher106
Nov 9, 2014, 12:09 PM
And with the introduction of 13* weapons, I can only cringe to think that the S&Y is going to be about that rarity whenever it comes out. And it's about time they added the Chainsawd. I remembered when it was less than stellar in PSU, lol.

Arada
Nov 9, 2014, 12:52 PM
The fact that Ultimate Quests are only available for "those who have reached the level cap", does this mean nobody will be able to do them on day 1 (unless you reach level 75 early) ?

Poyonche
Nov 9, 2014, 01:02 PM
"Only meant for those who have reached the level cap"

Well, it is intented for those who reached the level cap, since Ultimate give poor EXP.

We will be able to do it day 1, but we will get our ass kicked I think. :3

(I just hope for a Lvl.70 minimum requirment)

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 9, 2014, 01:18 PM
"Only meant for those who have reached the level cap"

Well, it is intented for those who reached the level cap, since Ultimate give poor EXP.

We will be able to do it day 1, but we will get our ass kicked I think. :3

(I just hope for a Lvl.70 minimum requirment)

UQs do have a lvl 70 minimum req. Right in the trailer.

ShinMaruku
Nov 9, 2014, 01:36 PM
I love when games do this. Especially when going past cap adds some extra effect. Sega lazy though.
There is lazy and there is adding that would fuck with the code. I would not quite go with lazy. I'd call the developers of this game shit devs before I'd call them lazy.

LordKaiser
Nov 9, 2014, 03:10 PM
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/

Wow the list is long! I like almost all the changes except the Good Jobs notifications. I send random rqwgrg with my keyboard just to receive the FUN points.

Poyonche
Nov 9, 2014, 03:10 PM
UQs do have a lvl 70 minimum req. Right in the trailer.

Guess I should buy new glasses. ^^;

Anyway, thanks. :D/

Maenara
Nov 9, 2014, 03:19 PM
Bumped stated that Anga Fandarge was a "Distorted Creature", but there's no evidence to support that the Yuga suffix is exclusive to insect darkers. There hasn't been any other darker variant that has a UQ equivalent yet, so no precedence to work with.

You people also guessed toy darkers would be weak to light and dark instead of light and ice because god forbid we go with the logical conclusion.

Poyonche
Nov 9, 2014, 03:33 PM
You people also guessed toy darkers would be weak to light and dark instead of light and ice because god forbid we go with the logical conclusion.

Darkers...weak to ...dark ?

Logic.

rashoood
Nov 9, 2014, 04:10 PM
so is there a confirmation about how many SP we can get out of the class specific excubes?

Kondibon
Nov 9, 2014, 04:11 PM
so is there a confirmation about how many SP we can get out of the class specific excubes?
No.http://i.imgur.com/AEDyXrG.png

Qualia
Nov 9, 2014, 04:39 PM
Where's all the hype for that sweet JB PA?

The Walrus
Nov 9, 2014, 04:41 PM
Pfft, Jet Boots aren't hype anymore ;_;

Drifting Fable
Nov 9, 2014, 05:08 PM
Cautiously optimistic, but I fear the new JB PA might even up being too slow considering we don't know what the PA does without that timed branching.

I more interested in how Ignite parry functions as it seems it looks like we can JG in the middle of the PA and come back swinging even harder.

Kondibon
Nov 9, 2014, 05:41 PM
Where's all the hype for that sweet JB PA?It's boring compared to the ones we have now. I was really hoping they'd keep up the whole support tech combo thing. :/ The "combo" for this PA is just doing the attack.

Xaelouse
Nov 9, 2014, 05:55 PM
Yet its actual effects and the non-shift action is being a well kept secret.
The reason why the attack is actually the shift action is because it empties your entire gear after, and you wouldn't want something like that to be the main attack, but that's speculation.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 9, 2014, 05:55 PM
It's boring compared to the ones we have now. I was really hoping they'd keep up the whole support tech combo thing. :/ The "combo" for this PA is just doing the attack.
sauce

Kondibon
Nov 9, 2014, 06:05 PM
sauceMy eyes.

You should know me well enough to know that if I'm not saying something that's purely my own observations then I try to make that clear. Sorry if it wasn't.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 9, 2014, 06:32 PM
My eyes.

You should know me well enough to know that if I'm not saying something that's purely my own observations then I try to make that clear. Sorry if it wasn't.
Was there a video for your eyes?

LonelyGaruga
Nov 10, 2014, 12:45 AM

Who the fuck said that, and why am I being bunched into that category? The only opinion I represent is my own. I've never voiced my opinion about what toy darkers would be weak to (FYI, Ice/Light would have been my guess, because plastic).

Do you have anything actually applicable to the topic to argue with here?

KazukiQZ
Nov 10, 2014, 12:54 AM
Was there a video for your eyes?
This video, I guess?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hpq8ZGafmJA
(Can't make it appear D: )
Watch the new PAs part for it.

Anyway, Sphere Eraser, new launcher PA deplete PP when using it (while also having 20PP initial cost). Hope the damage can make up for that large usage of PP.

Qualia
Nov 10, 2014, 02:28 AM
Am I the only one that feels as if Zandeon is going to be extremely underwhelming? The numbers shown in the video are okay, but the whole PB-esque restriction really holds the attack's usefulness down. Maybe it's the whole Zondeel traveling mechanic that's throwing me off. Either way, this whole hybrid tech thing doesn't seem very interesting unless they plan to release a bunch of them.

Kondibon
Nov 10, 2014, 02:40 AM
Am I the only one that feels as if Zandeon is going to be extremely underwhelming? The numbers shown in the video are okay, but the whole PB-esque restriction really holds the attack's usefulness down. Maybe it's the whole Zondeel traveling mechanic that's throwing me off. Either way, this whole hybrid tech thing doesn't seem very interesting unless they plan to release a bunch of them.Depending on how long it takes to get charged I can see it being useful for people who want to have the PP PB but also have something strong to use during PSE bursts. We can't be too sure about the damage yet, but it's gonna be mostly useless for my element weak hit build anyway.

I read something about it being there to encourage Fo/Te and Te/Fo more (did they need to?) since both masteries effect it, so it's possible we'll get more for the other elements. Infact I'll be more surprised if they don't. Megita and Grafoie anyone? :wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Nov 10, 2014, 03:53 AM
Think it'll be Fire + Dark and Ice + Light personally.

Fo/Te is good, but Te/Fo is terrible because it isn't Fo/Te. I don't know why Sega feels it's necessary to encourage Fo/Te when it's already extremely good. It's hard to say whether the tech will be any good or not until it's released, but having what amounts to a second PB can't necessarily be bad. Just keep it on a palette you don't normally use and switch when it's ready or something.

Kondibon
Nov 10, 2014, 03:59 AM
I say Ice/dark and Fire/light because ice and dark are the elements that both have ignition skills and lightning/wind are both meant to be cheap mechanically speaking. That would just leave fire and light, which frankly don't seem too odd being paired seeing as how light tends to be warm but that's just me being pedantic.

Rien
Nov 10, 2014, 03:59 AM
Where's all the hype for that sweet JB PA?

It drains your gauge for a nuke hit.

I don't know about you but I like that gauge ;-;

Qualia
Nov 10, 2014, 04:10 AM
It drains your gauge for a nuke hit.

I don't know about you but I like that gauge ;-;

Gear gauge takes two charged techs to almost fill, so that's really not much of a problem.

Rakurai
Nov 10, 2014, 05:52 AM
Zandeon will be nice for the Lilipa UQ whenever it rolls around.

Assuming it gives you invincibility frames, it'll also be nice as a panic button for dodging some of more dangerous attacks.

Rien
Nov 10, 2014, 10:04 AM

Assuming it gives you invincibility frames, it'll also be nice as a panic button for dodging some of more dangerous attacks.

It does.

Maenara
Nov 10, 2014, 11:07 AM

Assuming that Lillipa UQ still has lightning weakness for mechs when Naberius UQ had its weaknesses changed.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 10, 2014, 01:08 PM
What else could mechs be weak to? FYI Ultimate darkers didn't have their weakness changed.

Watch Ultimate mechs be weak to wind.

Pugas87
Nov 10, 2014, 01:30 PM
What else could mechs be weak to? FYI Ultimate darkers didn't have their weakness changed.

Watch Ultimate mechs be weak to wind.

Water (which would be a fire ice mixed tech)

Maenara
Nov 10, 2014, 02:14 PM
Sega really should just make it so all ultimate darkers lose their light weakness and only have their secondary weakness.

The Walrus
Nov 10, 2014, 02:16 PM
But then I'd have to use wind...

LonelyGaruga
Nov 10, 2014, 02:25 PM
Water (which would be a fire ice mixed tech)

Water isn't an element in PSO2.

Sega really should just make it so all ultimate darkers lose their light weakness and only have their secondary weakness.

Yes, Sega should make it so that the only enemy category universally weak to light should lose that universal weakness, making it so that you can count the number of enemies weak to light on one hand.

They stopped doing that with rare darkers for a reason, you know. It's stupid.

Maenara
Nov 10, 2014, 02:59 PM
It's funny you would say that when one element already has this issue to a smaller degree. People act like Ultimate is going to be the only thing that matters. Are they just going to stop releasing normal fields? Is Megatsu a UQ enemy? Does XH = UQ? Ultimate darkers are essentially a brand new type of enemy. The ones that are weak to light are not going away.

Laxedrane
Nov 10, 2014, 03:00 PM
Am I the only one that's excited they are finally releasing content where the monsters are higher level then the current player cap?

Pretty excited for this update. Hoping the new JB pa has a follow up support skill even though they didn't show it having one. Hoping for resta:x

LonelyGaruga
Nov 10, 2014, 03:16 PM
It's funny you would say that when one element already has this issue to a smaller degree. People act like Ultimate is going to be the only thing that matters. Are they just going to stop releasing normal fields? Is Megatsu a UQ enemy? Does XH = UQ? Ultimate darkers are essentially a brand new type of enemy. The ones that are weak to light are not going away.

Yes, wind already has the issue of a lack of enemies weak to it. Why make it two elements with that issue?

Seems obvious to me that UQs are going to be the only relevant quest outside of XH EQs (and TD because it's easy 10*s). It's probable that new areas will not be getting released for a long while as the focus shifts to UQs and XH EQs. One of the two is available 24/7. It's not XH.

So yeah, UQs are going to be the thing to do for about 90+% of the time. 90% of the time, they are effectively the only quest.

But more directly, the problem with your suggestion is that you give no reason as to why it would be a good idea. Of course, whatever explanation you would give wouldn't be a good one, because removing the light weakness is a completely pointless endeavor. Either nothing would be weak to light in UQs (besides possibly Distorted Creatures if they aren't a boss only race, and Chrome's UQ counterpart) or another enemy category would be given a light weakness. The former is moronic design, the latter is inconsistent. Darkers are the most obvious choice for a light weakness. Why would you take it away and give it to another enemy category? It's a nonsensical design choice.

Am I the only one that's excited they are finally releasing content where the monsters are higher level then the current player cap?

Finally? This is like the third time they've done that. VHAQs and SHAQs both featured enemies higher than the player level at the time.

Sanguine2009
Nov 10, 2014, 03:42 PM
still waiting on anything at all to be weak to wind only besides a handful of rare mobs.

Kondibon
Nov 10, 2014, 03:53 PM
If Vibrace Yuga is still weak to light I see no reason for the other Yuga darkers to not be.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 10, 2014, 04:10 PM
still waiting on anything at all to be weak to wind only besides a handful of rare mobs.

Every rare darker post EP2 retains light weakness. Bantha Ong is the only enemy weak exclusively to wind. Pretty crazy, really.

But on the other hand, Persona is the only enemy weak to light exclusively (discounting Anga Fandarge because it isn't out yet), despite being the most common weakness. Doesn't change that wind is the least common weakness, of course. Just putting it into perspective.

Worth pointing out, Big Vardha and Fang/Snow pair have a 110% wind weakness. Not their rare counterparts though. Rather funny in Vardha's case since Vardha units have wind resistance.

Rakurai
Nov 10, 2014, 04:35 PM
I do wonder if they finally managed to make it so Dark Falz Elder is actually slightly threatening to people who have good reflexes.

They mentioned that the enemies have different attack patterns from before in Extra Hard.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2014, 04:39 PM
I do wonder if they finally managed to make it so Dark Falz Elder is actually slightly threatening to people who have good reflexes.

They mentioned that the enemies have different attack patterns from before in Extra Hard/

DFE isn't and wasn't about reflexes, it was about prediction. Most bosses in games like this are. When you learn the pattern the boss becomes easier.

That's the point of the game type.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 10, 2014, 05:20 PM
DFE isn't and wasn't about reflexes, it was about prediction. Most bosses in games like this are. When you learn the pattern the boss becomes easier.

That's the point of the game type.

DFE? Prediction?

His attacks have tells that last for days!

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2014, 05:39 PM
DFE? Prediction?

His attacks have tells that last for days!

I don't know what else to call it when you see a move coming with a 30 second windup and guard it because you know exactly when it will hit.

You've learned to predict when it will hit based on the tells, so...

LonelyGaruga
Nov 10, 2014, 06:15 PM
Sounds synonymous with reacting to me.

Prediction = guesses, usually formed from logic
Reacting = responding to sensory information

It isn't predicting when you already know what's happening. It's reacting. Predicting would be taking preemptive measures to avoid an attack before it happens, based on what you think will happen. Reacting is when you take information you already see (the attack) and respond accordingly (block).

Predicting: "I did a lot of damage during phase 1. DFE will likely throw an ice cube at me. If players around me aren't paying attention, they could get hit, so I will try to get away from other players."
Reacting: "DFE is performing an attack. I need to block at this particular timing."

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2014, 06:32 PM
I guess I just can't consider a 15 second tell something you counter with "reflexes." I hear "reflex" in a game and I think twitchplay.

If you want to argue semantics that badly you can do that with yourself though.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 10, 2014, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't call it reflexes either, but it sure as hell ain't predicting either when you see it coming from half a mile away.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 10, 2014, 07:59 PM
It honestly isn't predicting. He tells us what he's going to do and we react accordingly.

wefwq
Nov 10, 2014, 08:32 PM
Lots boss enemies will perform "taunt" before attacking, which will tell you that they will attack soon, that's around 1-4 seconds to prepare.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 10, 2014, 08:54 PM
I don't know what else to call it when you see a move coming with a 30 second windup and guard it because you know exactly when it will hit.

...boring?

Hexxy
Nov 10, 2014, 11:48 PM
Like 99% of the attacks in this game have a ginormous cue, telegraph, tell, or otherwise, even on SH. This is why I never understood why people die to GrantsRain so much. As if Quartz's high-pitched"getthefuckoutoftheway" scream followed by ~3-4 seconds of wind-up wasn't enough.

UQ needs drastically reduced wind-up.

People act like Ultimate is going to be the only thing that matters

Because UQ is freely open and will contain (theoretically) current game-best equipment, yes, it will be all that matters. Until something is released with better gear and the cycle continues.

Kondibon
Nov 10, 2014, 11:52 PM
...boring?

http://i.imgur.com/K2Hd0Qy.gif

Maenara
Nov 11, 2014, 12:28 AM
Like 99% of the attacks in this game have a ginormous cue, telegraph, tell, or otherwise, even on SH. This is why I never understood why people die to GrantsRain so much. As if Quartz's high-pitched"getthefuckoutoftheway" scream followed by ~3-4 seconds of wind-up wasn't enough.

UQ needs drastically reduced wind-up.

Because UQ is freely open and will contain (theoretically) current game-best equipment, yes, it will be all that matters. Until something is released with better gear and the cycle continues.

XH has perfectly nice looking 12* weapons.

Tivor
Nov 11, 2014, 12:35 AM
Good weapons <<<<<<<<<< Best weapons. It's also a matter of status. But I think we'll have to wait to know their potentials before being sure of things.

And Kondibon used the best reaction gif for that comment. Enforcer MKV won my "cookies for internet people" jar of the day :-D

Punisher106
Nov 11, 2014, 12:44 AM
I'm fine with telegraphing stuff. Apparently, you guys want it so that the enemy looks at you, and you suddenly lose all of your HP. I STILL have huge problems with Banther. And try taking him on as a melee class, and not as RA/GU/TE/FO/E-I-E-I-O. You'll see how hard it is.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 11, 2014, 12:48 AM
XH has perfectly nice looking 12* weapons.

Which, as I said, are only available for a tiny fraction of the time UQs are.

Are you even reading my replies to you?

I'm fine with telegraphing stuff. Apparently, you guys want it so that the enemy looks at you, and you suddenly lose all of your HP. I STILL have huge problems with Banther. And try taking him on as a melee class, and not as RA/GU/TE/FO/E-I-E-I-O. You'll see how hard it is.

If every enemy was as aggressive as Banther with its claw swipes then we might actually have a fun game.

Only way to play Techer is melee, btw.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 11, 2014, 02:23 AM

He's not bad with the right striking weapons/PAs.

Short animation attacks with high damage, and just guard; katanas, for example has all of these on top of hatou being a mid-range attack.

Hell they were more than doable with D sabers on SH using DA as well. Dunno if I could do that as well anymore since a: been a long time since I was forced to use step I frames as 100% of my defense, so I may be out of practice, and b: DA charge speed increase as of episode 3 is actually messing with my timing, and I haven't gotten around to relearning to use it.

Right now, damage is getting to the point where it's easy to chain stagger them until they die by breaking parts at the right time if I want to, though...

Anyway, I'm not against enemies having telegraphs. Trust me. I don't fight knight gear because half of his moves just look like just a sudden body jerk.

Perfect Chaos
Nov 11, 2014, 04:58 AM
But on the other hand, Persona is the only enemy weak to light exclusively (discounting Anga Fandarge because it isn't out yet), despite being the most common weakness. Doesn't change that wind is the least common weakness, of course. Just putting it into perspective.Chrome Dragon and Haze Draal are also exclusively weak to Light, FYI.

Rakurai
Nov 11, 2014, 05:01 AM
The parts they grow after consuming Darker are weak to dark, so they technically aren't exclusively weak to light.

Perfect Chaos
Nov 11, 2014, 05:23 AM
Fair enough, I guess.

Hrith
Nov 11, 2014, 06:03 AM
The dragon itself is only weak to light, and either target is never weak to two elements, like, say, Dark Ragne is.

We do need enemies exclusively weak to wind, though...

Poyonche
Nov 11, 2014, 06:11 AM
The dragon itself is only weak to light, and either target is never weak to two elements, like, say, Dark Ragne is.

We do need enemies exclusively weak to wind, though...

Maybe Ultimate Lillipa Mechs ? (Logic, where r u ? :0 )

Achelousaurus
Nov 11, 2014, 11:33 AM
That's not telegraphing, that is feinting.
Elder takes so long for some attacks, it's hard to get hit unless you're afk.
Many bosses and enemies like banther do feints before the real attack to screw up your timing (and hopefully kill you, so you have to buy scapedolls).

If every enemy was as aggressive as Banther with its claw swipes then we might actually have a fun game.
Not as long as items take so long to use that you get hit twice before you can move again.

There is lazy and there is adding that would fuck with the code. I would not quite go with lazy. I'd call the developers of this game shit devs before I'd call them lazy.
Why can't they be both?

Receiving a Good Job with a comment attached will activate the notification icon in the Main Menu.
Says bumped.
So, expect a huge amount of icons cause we all dump 10 GJs with comment on our friend list for the daily fun.
GJ, Sega!
Also, expect this to cause lag cause Sega forgot to include this in the list of things not updated during EQs and it will require another patch in 1-3 weeks.

Anyway, Quick Mate is luckily only 1 point so even if it is a small amount it's still worth getting.
And first I thought Snatch Step JA is useless but then I remembered how I frequently end up too far to hit with Sakura or Tsukimi, but too close to use step attack without rolling past the enemy. This is actually perfect for my play style.

FUN for reviving is very nice, even if only small amount it helps for people to give a fuck and not run past you literally 5 times and don't revive for several minutes despite asking for help.

RadiantLegend
Nov 11, 2014, 12:23 PM
Automatic Acquirement of Extreme Passes

Characters can automatically receive Extreme Passes upon logging in.

Yesssssss$$$$$ssss

WildarmsRE5
Nov 11, 2014, 12:33 PM
so. . . what's gonna happen to Pudding?

yoshiblue
Nov 11, 2014, 12:48 PM
Could make her the new XQ Navigator.

LordKaiser
Nov 11, 2014, 12:48 PM
so. . . what's gonna happen to Pudding?Now she will get eaten for sure.

Natsu Nem
Nov 11, 2014, 12:50 PM

Falling on hard times, Pudding decided to become a pudding vendor.

Sizustar
Nov 11, 2014, 12:55 PM

http://i.imgur.com/G0YkENS.jpg

WildarmsRE5
Nov 11, 2014, 01:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G0YkENS.jpgdohkay, he looks familiar but. . . who the hell is touching my pudding?

Poyonche
Nov 11, 2014, 01:12 PM
Due to XQ getting leftover, Pudding decided to become an operator because Melitta got fired.

My dream.

EvilMag
Nov 11, 2014, 01:22 PM
Can pudding please replace that dumb bitch Karin as the operator for the XQs?

LonelyGaruga
Nov 11, 2014, 01:23 PM
Many bosses and enemies like banther do feints before the real attack to screw up your timing (and hopefully kill you, so you have to buy scapedolls).

Uh...no, they don't. I'm not even going to touch the item usage thing, you don't even understand what feinting is.

Every claw swipe in a Banther combo, even when enraged, is something you can react to. If you can't, your reflexes are too poor to be decent melee. In that sense, there is no such thing as a feint because none of them actually punish you as long as you're paying attention. The only boss that even has something that could be called a feint simply by description is Quartz's double take when it nose dives, and that's still cake to dodge.

Sizustar
Nov 11, 2014, 01:30 PM
dohkay, he looks familiar but. . . who the hell is touching my pudding?

That's Anri, one of 6 civilian NPC that was removed in the Episode 3 update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFCxeBuNUb4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFCxeBuNUb4

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24327213
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20355330

Shinamori
Nov 11, 2014, 01:33 PM
You mean henri?

WildarmsRE5
Nov 11, 2014, 02:03 PM
let's face it, the only boss worth using "reflexes" on is Knight Gear.

Hrith
Nov 11, 2014, 02:58 PM
Knight Gear is really weak, though. Even if I should get hit a lot, I'm highly unlikely to die against Knight Gear. Banthers, dragons, Hunar and Angel will kill you if they have their way for three seconds. Just yesterday, I was quadruple hit by Crys Draal's charge; I was not aware that attack could hit more than once (and no, no lag).

I'm glad about the Extreme Pass update. I saw no reason to do that in PSU (Voloyal coin) already, and PSO2 Ep3 gave us Casino tickets automatically, it made no sense.

gigawuts
Nov 11, 2014, 03:06 PM
You mean henri?

That's what the english patch has him called, but the original katakana is literally A N RI (アンリ). You know how PS games are, with slight variations on names to make them more futurey or something.

Maenara
Nov 11, 2014, 03:18 PM
Man, fuck Knight Gear.

Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 11, 2014, 03:36 PM
Knight Gear is really weak, though. Even if I should get hit a lot, I'm highly unlikely to die against Knight Gear. Banthers, dragons, Hunar and Angel will kill you if they have their way for three seconds. Just yesterday, I was quadruple hit by Crys Draal's charge; I was not aware that attack could hit more than once (and no, no lag).how do you have trouble with Banthers? Dragons? and Hunar? if you don't die against Knight Gear?

and I'm talking about melee fight here.

unless that was sarcasm.

Angel is a heap of trouble that you don't want to solo as well.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 11, 2014, 04:44 PM
Knight Gear is a complete joke that has maybe two easily dodged attacks to cover the space around its legs. Shield stun? Completely irrelevant.

Banthers, Dragons, and Hunar are all cakewalks to solo as well, and Angel is only slightly difficult as long as you're familiar with what it does. Angel gets a special exception only because of his rarity.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 11, 2014, 05:47 PM
Can pudding please replace that dumb bitch Karin as the operator for the XQs?

I would like that.

Very much.

I'd like operators that act like operators, please!

Hexxy
Nov 11, 2014, 07:49 PM
What if you log in before your XQ pass timer resets? Surely they'll keep Pudding there so you can grab it without having to relog.

Achelousaurus
Nov 11, 2014, 08:17 PM
Uh...no, they don't. I'm not even going to touch the item usage thing, you don't even understand what feinting is.

Every claw swipe in a Banther combo, even when enraged, is something you can react to. If you can't, your reflexes are too poor to be decent melee. In that sense, there is no such thing as a feint because none of them actually punish you as long as you're paying attention. The only boss that even has something that could be called a feint simply by description is Quartz's double take when it nose dives, and that's still cake to dodge.
I can counter all claw swipes if the lag isn't too bad.
Still, sometimes banther does a feint.
Not a full or even a half claw swipe but the beginning of the motion is very similar to a claw swipe.
Considering how fast you have to react to dodge/counter the claw swipe, if you react to this pre-motion feint thing you won't be able to react to the actual claw swipe afterwards.
Some enemies also do that but off the top of my head I can only think of Oodan atm.

Man, fuck Knight Gear.

Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun. Stun.
._.
This.
Attack almost out of nowhere while I am in the middle of a braver PA animation and then stun, triple slash, freeze, etc.
Knight Gear gives no quarter.

Shinamori
Nov 11, 2014, 08:32 PM
Banther, Ringa, Quartz, etc. They're not that hard anymore. Fucking Knight Gear and maybe Chrome and go die in a pit fire.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 11, 2014, 08:34 PM
Banther doesn't feint at all, what the hell are you going on about? The closest thing to what you describe is that its claw swipes go slower when it isn't enraged. I'm seriously questioning how you're not able to react to what you describe in the first place when reacting to the claw swipe > pounce (which is one of the most rapid successions of actions in the game, period) is easily doable.

You do know that you can jump right after Step and perform a second Step, right? It's incredibly clear by your posts that you simply are not taking close to the full advantage of your options that you could be doing. If you have issues as a melee class dealing with Banther claw swipes while within their range, you are doing something wrong. There is simply no other way to put it. Sega has made pretty much every class incredibly overpowered, from offensive prowess to defensive options to how much damage they can tank.

Same story with Knight Gear.

Seriously, people have trouble with Knight Gear's stun? I seriously don't like the prospect of people of this caliber running UQs when they can't handle even simplistic attacks like that.

All of you people struggling with Knight Gear, Hunar, Banthers, Quartz, you all need to stop sucking and learn how to fight these bosses. Thank you.

Rakurai
Nov 11, 2014, 08:36 PM
Blu Ringahda is still a source of frustration for me due to the fact that you can't always keep the rings and the boss in view simultaneously, which makes the homing whirlwinds a pain to avoid sometimes, plus getting hit by one can lead to some really stupid stagger locking nonsense.

Shinamori
Nov 11, 2014, 08:44 PM
Banther doesn't feint at all, what the hell are you going on about? The closest thing to what you describe is that its claw swipes go slower when it isn't enraged. I'm seriously questioning how you're not able to react to what you describe in the first place when reacting to the claw swipe > pounce (which is one of the most rapid successions of actions in the game, period) is easily doable.

You do know that you can jump right after Step and perform a second Step, right? It's incredibly clear by your posts that you simply are not taking close to the full advantage of your options that you could be doing. If you have issues as a melee class dealing with Banther claw swipes while within their range, you are doing something wrong. There is simply no other way to put it. Sega has made pretty much every class incredibly overpowered, from offensive prowess to defensive options to how much damage they can tank.

Seriously, people have trouble with Knight Gear's stun? I seriously don't like the prospect of people of this caliber running UQs when they can't handle even simplistic attacks like that.

All of you people struggling with Knight Gear, Hunar, Banthers, Quartz, you all need to stop sucking and learn how to fight these bosses. Thank you.

I'm sorry some of us don't tryhard.

un1t27
Nov 11, 2014, 08:52 PM

Enough typing! Make a video please.

Xaelouse
Nov 11, 2014, 08:55 PM
Knight Gear is harder than Angel. Seriously, Angel's only threat is when you dodge the icicles the wrong way.

n_n
Nov 11, 2014, 08:58 PM
Enough typing! Make a video please.
lol

5char

LonelyGaruga
Nov 11, 2014, 08:59 PM
Knight Gear is literally no threat when you stand next to his legs. Can't hit you with anything besides his howl (which is easy to Step through). If he's got other moves that can hit you there, I haven't seen them, and I've fought a fair number of Knight Gears so far.

I don't think my play is anything worth recording. I'm just basing what I can do as an average guideline. My gear is terrible and my tactics can be refined further. Until I can speedrun effectively, what's there for me to show? Anyone can do what I can do.

Xaeris
Nov 11, 2014, 09:00 PM
It's like clockwork. Someone expresses some minor frustration with a skill based aspect of the game and sure enough, someone pounces on the opportunity for self-validation by slapping their e-peen across that person's face. That's what SAO was missing if it wanted to be about MMOs.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 11, 2014, 09:06 PM
If someone is complaining about something they have no just cause to complain about, then they are wrong to complain about it, and will be criticized.

The game's skill requirements are pretty damn low. Being able to handle 90% of the things that get complaints isn't close to being something to be proud about. So to claim that a person would actually feel validated by bragging about what they could do is simply inaccurate, because there's nothing to be proud about in the first place.

n_n
Nov 11, 2014, 09:16 PM
Until I can speedrun effectively
Don't bother with TA here ... you'll just find yourself disappointed every time.

SakoHaruo
Nov 11, 2014, 09:17 PM
If someone is complaining about something they have no just cause to complain about, then they are wrong to complain about it, and will be criticized.

The game's skill requirements are pretty damn low. Being able to handle 90% of the things that get complaints isn't close to being something to be proud about. So to claim that a person would actually feel validated by bragging about what they could do is simply inaccurate, because there's nothing to be proud about in the first place.

You're always wrong. And this game requires a lot of skill, especially the bosses.

n_n
Nov 11, 2014, 09:18 PM
You're always wrong.
your friend un1t27 says hi

SakoHaruo
Nov 11, 2014, 09:22 PM

Is that his way of asking me out on a date?

You know, I kinda miss that baka.

n_n
Nov 11, 2014, 09:26 PM
Is that his way of asking me out on a date?

You know, I kinda miss that baka.
he tells me he wants you to taco with him next time.

are you interested?

un1t27
Nov 11, 2014, 09:28 PM
Leave the real faggot shit to Matthew.

The terms faggot and fag are both used with disparaging intent and are perceived as highly insulting. However, faggot (but not fag) is sometimes used within the gay community as a positive term of self-reference.

^^

SakoHaruo
Nov 11, 2014, 09:34 PM
ARE YOU STRAIGHT? :wacko:

btw 92 post.

I wonder how many of those belong to me. o3o

I think you made that account just to express your feelings towards me. o3o

n_n
Nov 11, 2014, 09:36 PM
ARE YOU STRAIGHT? :wacko:

btw 92 post.

I wonder how many of those belong to me. o3o

I think you made that account just to express your feelings towards me. o3o
are you gonna taco with the great un1t27???

also
him: Join Date: Oct 2006
you: Join Date: Apr 2012

???

un1t27
Nov 11, 2014, 09:36 PM
I don't know you and don't want to know you.... so stop posting @ me son.

The Walrus
Nov 11, 2014, 09:38 PM
What is even going on

Tivor
Nov 11, 2014, 09:41 PM
I have my problems with Chrome when he appears in Shironia. The camera keeps hovering above the trees when I'm under them, so I can see no damned thing when I'm targeting his head (which is most of the time, I prefer to play airborne).

Inb4 anyone says "go manual aim", I play on a notebook, using the touchpad. Hate mouses, can't play with a wacom because that'd be ridiculous, and if I were using a joypad, I'd still use the lock-on.

But seriously, if people have trouble with things, they should be helped, not chastised. If for any reason they don't want to follow advice, that's their choice, and we usually don't know their reasons for that. A lot of people can't play more than 2 hours a day, for example, and they may not wanna train their skills 'till what'd be razor-sharp-point for them all the time.

Quite unusual to make a serious reply, but I felt inspired. Sorry.

SakoHaruo
Nov 11, 2014, 09:42 PM
are you gonna taco with the great un1t27???

also
him: Join Date: Oct 2006
you: Join Date: Apr 2012

???

And yet half of his post belong to me. He waited years for this moment. TBH, it's probably a throw away account since he only attacks certain people.

Ofc I'll go on a Taco date with him, but only if he can doesn't stare at my ass the entire run.

I don't know you and don't want to know you.... so stop posting @ me son.

I know this is bait, but... them post stats never lie, son. You want me bad. o3o

n_n
Nov 11, 2014, 09:46 PM
Also, why are you guys still calling that area "Shironia"? It's incorrectly translated by miles. :(

un1t27
Nov 11, 2014, 09:47 PM
And yet half of his post belong to me. He waited years for this moment. TBH, it's probably a throw away account since he only attacks certain people.

Ofc I'll go on a Taco date with him, but only if he can doesn't stare at my ass the entire run.

I this is bait, but... them post stats never lie, son. You want me bad. o3o

Huh? I've had this account from when I played PSU an came on here to ask questions. Next time go do some research before you say some more non ethical bullshit again.

Kondibon
Nov 11, 2014, 09:47 PM
Also, why are you guys still calling that area "Shironia"? It's incorrectly translated by miles. :(Does it actually matter?

n_n
Nov 11, 2014, 09:48 PM
Does it actually matter?
Yes.

5char

un1t27
Nov 11, 2014, 09:49 PM
Does it actually matter?

If it's not 100% correct why bother?

Kondibon
Yes.

5charWell, what's it supposed to be? I keep seeing people say Shironia is wrong.

Tivor
Harkotan, then? Shironia just sounds better, I guess.

Kondibon
Nov 11, 2014, 09:51 PM
Harkotan, then? Shironia just sounds better, I guess.
Harukotan is the name of the planet though isn't it...?

n_n
Nov 11, 2014, 09:51 PM
It's called "White's Territory" in-game.... in English. It's also what the area's JP name translates to.

The EN patch translators should do a better job next time.

"Shironia" is not even a translation... it's just something the dumb people at psumods made up.

KatsuraJun
Nov 11, 2014, 09:52 PM
Then the translation is fine.

Shiro = white

-nia = denotes a country or territory.

White Country/Territory.

Kondibon
Nov 11, 2014, 09:53 PM
It's called "White's Territory" in-game.... in English. It's also what the area's JP name translates to.

The EN patch translators should do a better job next time.

"Shironia" is not even a translation... it's just something the dumb people at psumods made up.
It's called localization sweety.

Xaeris
Nov 11, 2014, 09:55 PM
Localization gets a bad rap (I'm looking at you 4Kids), but it's sometimes a good approach to translating. As a choice between "White's Territory" and "Shironia," I'd say the the translators made a good call. Of course, on the other side of things, you have crap like "Final Nemesis" so, eh.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 11, 2014, 09:56 PM
Pretty much that.

The area isn't even called White Territory, or Shironia, or Harkotan. It's called 白ノ領域.

Anything else is "wrong", so saying a translated name is wrong compared to another translated name is silly.

gigawuts
Nov 11, 2014, 09:58 PM
oh my god

n_n
Nov 11, 2014, 09:59 PM
I guess romanizing the first kanji and slapping "nia" at the end is now an acceptable form of translation.

SakoHaruo
Nov 11, 2014, 09:59 PM
Huh? I've had this account from when I played PSU an came on here to ask questions. Next time go do some research before you say some more non ethical bullshit again.
Should I post every single time you've respond to me here, and why are you always so mad? You'll never defeat me with anger. o3o

Why do you think Acrylic said this.... o3o

BIG OLAF
Nov 11, 2014, 10:00 PM
Pretty much that.

The area isn't even called White Territory, or Shironia, or Harkotan. It's called 白ノ領域.

Anything else is "wrong", so saying a translated name is wrong compared to another translated name is silly.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/hadesrage.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kondibon
Nov 11, 2014, 10:01 PM
I guess romanizing the first kanji and slapping "nia" at the end is now an acceptable form of translation.It always has been.

KatsuraJun
Nov 11, 2014, 10:03 PM
I guess romanizing the first kanji and slapping "nia" at the end is now an acceptable form of translation.

It maintains the exact same idea as the original so I don't see the problem.

The Japanese name is White's Area or Territory based off the kanji Garuga wrote earlier.

Shironia immediately clicks with any english speaker that knows what Shiro means as White's Territory/country while still maintaining the most significant portion of the original name (Shiro no Ryouiki vs Shironia)

Usually I'm actually against taking what I see as excessive liberties with translations (changing culture specific jokes to corresponding western jokes, butchering puns, etc) but I see no reason to be anal over this bit.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 11, 2014, 10:10 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/hadesrage.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

I...don't understand.

I'm just saying, a translated name isn't technically the correct name to use when bickering about what is "correct". Arguing about whether the translation is accurate or not is a different thing entirely that I wasn't trying to get into. Obviously, it is a good translation, as has been explained, and equally obviously, it would be ridiculous to expect everyone to write out or copy paste the Japanese names. English names should be used as a matter of practical communication. I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be, but that complaining about the translation is pointless if everyone grasps what it means.

I don't really understand why the translation team at psumods gets so much hate. They do a much better job than any of the detractors.

If you meant something else entirely, then I apologize, I really do not understand what the reaction gif is supposed to be about.

Tivor
Nov 11, 2014, 10:12 PM
It maintains the exact same idea as the original so I don't see the problem.

The Japanese name is White's Area or Territory based off the kanji Garuga wrote earlier.

Shironia immediately clicks with any english speaker that knows what Shiro means as White's Territory/country while still maintaining the most significant portion of the original name (Shiro no Ryouiki vs Shironia)

Usually I'm actually against taking what I see as excessive liberties with translations (changing culture specific jokes to corresponding western jokes, butchering puns, etc) but I see no reason to be anal over this bit.

^ that.

Also, we've went really down that road, far away from the update topic, it seems.

The Walrus
Nov 11, 2014, 10:17 PM
This thread should be preserved as an example of what happens when people go through withdrawal

NoiseHERO
Nov 11, 2014, 10:20 PM
it's Japanese class time again featuring fictional phantasy star nouns?

I remember the good ole days when that would turn into 50 page threads.

Tivor
Nov 11, 2014, 10:27 PM
Sorry for remembering the main topic so soon ._.

gigawuts
Nov 11, 2014, 10:56 PM
let's just call it white land

what could be misinterpreted about that?

KatsuraJun
Nov 11, 2014, 11:07 PM
let's just call it white land

what could be misinterpreted about that?

gotta help those white guys to kill those evil black guys.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 11, 2014, 11:17 PM
There's nothing that could be misinterpreted about Shironia, White Land, White Territory, etc. All of them are easy to understand.

Shironia is just the only one that retains the idea that the area is specifically Japanese themed. So it suits better than the other names.

Maenara
Nov 12, 2014, 01:59 AM
it's Japanese class time again featuring fictional phantasy star nouns?

I remember the good ole days when that would turn into 50 page threads.

Only 50?

Hrith
Nov 12, 2014, 02:09 AM
I think the patch team decided to go for Shironia not because 'White Land' was not to their liking, but because then the other side of Halcotan would have to be called 'Black Land' and they wanted to avoid all the jokes.
It's also a bit more convenient to refer to the inhabitants as Shironians ans Kuronians, because the only alternative in English would be 'member of the white clan' or 'member of the black clan', since we cannot use the word 'clan' (民 in Japanese) to refer to individual people in English (Hans' order could not be worded as 'go kill 70 black clans' for instance).

All in all, I disagree with this choice, and I think the patch has become consistently bad since the release of the Dragon Altar, but heh, I have never used the patch and I never will, it's just a linguistic thing.

A good localisation is not about sticking to the source material, it's about not sounding like a translation. The best localisations I know are FFXIV and Dragon's Dogma, check them up if you want. It's not because I'm a fan of Elizabethan English, but the fact that the spells in DD in Japanese are called 'fireball', 'thunder' or 'ice pillar' and the localised names are 'ingle', 'levin' or 'frigor' is a huge part of why this localisation is breathtaking.

The team working on the PSO2 patch does not have the tools or resources to achieve this, obviously, character limits are a bitch.

NoiseHERO
Nov 12, 2014, 03:47 AM
Only 50?

nothing beats 2XX pages of "spines don't work like that!!" though.

Achelousaurus
Nov 12, 2014, 04:42 AM
Knight Gear is harder than Angel. Seriously, Angel's only threat is when you dodge the icicles the wrong way.
Only time I met Angel outside of the EQ is h but if you don't rush blindly into his attacks they are rather easy to dodge.

It's like clockwork. Someone expresses some minor frustration with a skill based aspect of the game and sure enough, someone pounces on the opportunity for self-validation by slapping their e-peen across that person's face. That's what SAO was missing if it wanted to be about MMOs.
This. >_>

This thread should be preserved as an example of what happens when people go through withdrawal
XD

A good localisation is not about sticking to the source material, it's about not sounding like a translation. The best localisations I know are FFXIV and Dragon's Dogma, check them up if you want. It's not because I'm a fan of Elizabethan English, but the fact that the spells in DD in Japanese are called 'fireball', 'thunder' or 'ice pillar' and the localised names are 'ingle', 'levin' or 'frigor' is a huge part of why this localisation is breathtaking.
But I am. I love the translation of FFXII cause it fits the story so well.

PS: Real men view 99 posts per page, so this thread is only 2 pages.